Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,642 members, 7,801,870 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:53 AM

Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored (16666 Views)

Top 15 Nigerian TV Series You Should Start Binge-watching / New Interesting TV Series You Should Currently Be Watching. / Series Film You Really Loved..... But Didtnt See It To The End (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by UjSizzle(f): 5:48pm On Jun 11, 2015
So I'm guessing everyone has been in this situation before: You see a series and it looks good. The plot seems promising, cool (even cute) actors, nice script, and maybe free wifi to download weekly. You fall in love with this series and can't wait to watch the next episode.

....And then one day after a few seasons all that enthusiasm dies. You're practically bored brainless with the same thing you once loved and won't be bothered with what's coming next.

Have you been here before (don't lie we know everything)?Which series have you "broken up" with?

Do you know why you lost interest in it?

Please share.

I'll go first.

Dead Relationships
Once Upon A Time (Made me yawn a lot after the first season).

Grey's Anatomy (Darn thing won't end and all that sappy love drama and hexagon were getting annoying).

Criminal Minds (Same shiit all the time).

Gilmore Girls (Sad thing since it was really funny until mama Gilmore's drama became to much to handle).

Charmed (zzzzzzz)

Lost (I got lost. Daz all).

Soon to be nipped in the bud
Salem (if I don't see any action soon ie. someone killing someone, I'll get rid of it).

The vampire diaries (Romance is good; too much romance isn't. Kill somebody please!)

A.D (The bible story is cool but I crave action and it's not happening and Peter smiles too darn much).

Okay. Now your turn cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 11, 2015
I just came here to read posts. tongue

1 Like

Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by UjSizzle(f): 5:52pm On Jun 11, 2015
FrancisTony:
tongue
Pfft. Don't you watch tv? Share joorh or is it because there's no man to fight with here? tongue
Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 11, 2015
UjSizzle:

Pfft. Don't you watch tv? Share joorh or is it because there's no man to fight with here? tongue
grin I really can't remember any.
Okay, I might come back to edit my post.
Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by Anyi3(m): 5:56pm On Jun 11, 2015
Smallville (This was long ago though. It always made sure the last episode was a cliff hanger to ensure you come for next season. By the first two episodes of next season, the issues are resolved and the remaining episodes just irk. Finally axed the thing.)

Once upon a time (Couldn't even finish season 1)

1 Like

Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by UjSizzle(f): 5:58pm On Jun 11, 2015
FrancisTony:

grin I really can't remember any.
Okay, I might come back to edit my post.
Na you sabi.
Stay away from fights btw.

cc Lalasticlala, Ishilove Save a girl from boredom.

Pickabeau1 god of movies, oya come here tongue
Rokiatu, Luxanne, Cao brings your pretty selves here.

1 Like

Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by robinicule(m): 6:00pm On Jun 11, 2015
vampire diaries....supernatural and many more but series i really loved that ended are - the gate. V. and flashforward
Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by UjSizzle(f): 6:02pm On Jun 11, 2015
robinicule:
vampire diaries....supernatural and many more
but series i really loved that ended are - the gate. V. and flashforward
Ah Supernatural. They totally killed the buzz for me too.

Never seen The Gate.
What's V?
Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by robinicule(m): 6:04pm On Jun 11, 2015
UjSizzle:
Ah Supernatural. They totally killed the buzz for me too.
Never seen The Gate. What's V?
the gates real cool v for visitors..
Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by jamalchance(m): 6:05pm On Jun 11, 2015
Sons of anarchy and suits .. Tho I have completed 3 seasons of both but I found them boring later on

Dominion also even after i watcHed all episodes ....

1 Like

Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by jamalchance(m): 6:07pm On Jun 11, 2015
robinicule:
vampire diaries....supernatural and many more
but series i really loved that ended are - the gate. V. and flashforward

brother modify and remove supernatural 4 dat list .... U are not permitted not to like supernatural
Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jun 11, 2015
Hehehehe wait lemme compile them for they are many
Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 11, 2015
jamalchance:
Sons of anarchy and suits .. Tho I have completed 3 seasons of both but I found them boring later on

Dominion also even after i watcHed all episodes ....

i only watched 2 episodes from dominion, i got bored ,

that show no try

1 Like

Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by UjSizzle(f): 6:15pm On Jun 11, 2015
bestestgirl:
Hehehehe wait lemme compile them for they are many
Waiting grin
Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by ideyhere(f): 6:44pm On Jun 11, 2015
One Tree Hill...Jeez that movie just became something else after season 3... And the annoying thing was that my sister insisted on watching it till the end...season 6 abi na 7

Secret Life Of An American Teenager... By the end of season 2, I was wondering 'what the hell did I see in this movie in the first place'?

Will be back to update soon...
Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by texanomaly(f): 7:10pm On Jun 11, 2015
UjSizzle:

Na you sabi.

I agree.

Hope you are good. smiley
Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by texanomaly(f): 7:14pm On Jun 11, 2015
ideyhere:
One Tree Hill...Jeez that movie just became something else after season 3... And the annoying thing was that my sister insisted on watching it till the end...season 6 abi na 7

Secret Life Of An American Teenager... By the end of season 2, I was wondering 'what the hell did I see in this movie in the first place'?

One Tree Hill for sure.
Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by cao(f): 7:17pm On Jun 11, 2015
UjSizzle:

Na you sabi.

Abeg, I dey for cinema, I go bring myself here later.
Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by texanomaly(f): 7:23pm On Jun 11, 2015
@Uj

You are so right about Vampire Diaries. I absolutely loved the series when it started, but the writers soon ran out of good storylines.

How are you. kiss

1 Like

Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by Atk01(f): 7:23pm On Jun 11, 2015
Anyi3:
Smallville (This was long ago though. It always made sure the last episode was a cliff hanger to ensure you come for next season. By the first two episodes of next season, the issues are resolved and the remaining episodes just irk. Finally axed the thing.)

At a point too, I couldn't stand Smallville again.

1 Like

Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by parrotibaba(m): 7:33pm On Jun 11, 2015
Once upon a time ,how dat series got to season 4 intrigues me ...
Smallville ,de removed too many good characters n Clark didn't fly at all...
The messengers ,no comment angry
Arrow ...The fights became repetitive

4 Likes

Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by moneyallowed(m): 7:35pm On Jun 11, 2015
Most series have that effect the longer they run. The worst offenders for me are Supernatural and Smallville

2 Likes

Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by pickabeau1: 7:39pm On Jun 11, 2015
Choi

See my reputation ..... i am just a learner with movies na.....UjSizzle

Vampire diaries
Revolution
Smallville
Desperate housewives
Prison break
The office us

As said above the longer the series...the higher the tendency

The only exception is 24 n maybe 30 rock

1 Like

Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by timpaker(m): 7:49pm On Jun 11, 2015
1. Continuum - it started well until I got lost and confused.

2. Lost - just like the name implies I regretted wasting ample time following the series.

3. Revolution - No comment - stopped halfway in season 2.

4. Ravenwood - this is crap! Crap!! and Crap!!! I didn't even finish the season one self.

5. Arrow - I'm still giving em a chance to prove to me that I'm not wasting my time.

6. Supernatural - No comment (and if I want to smuggle words out I'd say it is utterly disappointing)

#dazall angry

7 Likes

Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by UjSizzle(f): 7:57pm On Jun 11, 2015
texanomaly:
@Uj

You are so right about Vampire Diaries. I absolutely loved the series when it started, but the writers soon ran out of good storylines.

How are you. kiss
I think a good number of TVD fans are tired of the series. Why they keep prolonging it is beyond my understanding.

I'm fine baby bun. You?

@Timpaker (this name is funny tongue). I've not seen Continuum, Ravenwood and Revolution, but I totally agree with the others.
Don't even understand what my siblings see in Arrow sef undecided

1 Like

Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by timpaker(m): 8:12pm On Jun 11, 2015
UjSizzle:

@Timpaker (this name is funny tongue). I've not seen Continuum, Ravenwood and Revolution, but I totally agree with the others.
Don't even understand what my siblings see in Arrow sef undecided

What's wrong with the name?

That Arrow is a total waste of time.

1 Like

Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by UjSizzle(f): 8:13pm On Jun 11, 2015
pickabeau1:
Choi

See my reputation ..... i am just a learner with movies na.....UjSizzle

Vampire diaries
Revolution
Smallville
Desperate housewives
Prison break
The office us

As said above the longer the series...the higher the tendency

The only exception is 24 n maybe 30 rock
You learner? If I hear. You've seen 'em all and know 'em all. In fact any series you say ain't worth it definitely isn't worth it tongue
Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by TheSonOfMark(m): 8:39pm On Jun 11, 2015
ideyhere:

What?! ONE TREE HILL IS THE BEST EVER!tongue

I watched from season one to the ninth.smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by joseph1832(m): 8:41pm On Jun 11, 2015
timpaker:

I couldn't agree more. Wasted my megabyte for "my name is Oliver Queen..."

3 Likes

Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by UjSizzle(f): 8:44pm On Jun 11, 2015
timpaker:

Hehe nothing is 'wrong' with it.

2 Likes

Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by joseph1832(m): 8:47pm On Jun 11, 2015
24 is my all time favorite though. Its the only series I can watch continuously. I even have original DVDs of them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Series You Really Loved... and Then Got Bored by ideyhere(f): 9:03pm On Jun 11, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

What?! ONE TREE HILL IS THE BEST EVER!tongue

I watched from season one to the ninth.smiley

I guess you and my sis will bond well... Once they graduated, I couldn't get the head and tail of the whole thing anymore...was just as if they were grappling around the bush

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Emmanuel Tv Changes Frequency / #BBNaija: Miracle Emerges As New Head Of House / Favorite Commercials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.