Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,916 members, 7,799,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos (7738 Views)

My Trip To Owu Waterfall, Kwara State (photos) / My Trip To Kenya In Pictures / Beauty Of Nature: My Trip To Olumirin Waterfall(Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by fajigirl(f): 3:40am On Jun 12, 2015
Hi all,

I have just published today 01.07.2015 my final trip report on the Seychelles on my blog so please read and share. All feedback welcome.

For those not familiar with the country, the Seychelles known officially as the Republic of Seychelles, is an archipelago in the Indian Ocean. The country has the smallest population of any African state with just over 90,000 people and 115 islands (only about 60% of the islands is inhabited). The three main (and most visited) islands of the Seychelles are Mahe, Praslin and La Digue. The capital of the Seychelles, Victoria, is in Mahe. My trip report on the Seychelles will be in two parts as we visited the three main Islands mentioned above and it is quite a task to incorporate in one trip report the write-up on all the three Islands.

One thing most people wonder about the Seychelles is, how expensive a destination is it? So let me get that out of the way and confirm that the Seychelles is expensive! You will need to budget at least double to thrice the amount you typically spend for other long haul destinations. Even if you get yourself a flight for about €300, which is possible in economy class from Europe (although it is most likely to mean 18-24 hours transiting airports); you will find that accommodation (hotels), food (eating out), activities, Island hopping etc. are not cheap. But once you have prepared your mind and finances for this reality, be rest assured that a visit to the Seychelles will be more than rewarding.

For me the Seychelles was a random holiday choice for my birthday (not honeymoon); I wanted to go somewhere completely different and needed to "reinvigorate" as I recently got a new role at the office and the heavy workload was proving too draining. My birthday celebration and pampering officially began with the welcome champagne on the Air Seychelles flight from Tanzania (it felt even more special as there was just two of us in the business class cabin). After a short 3.5 hours flight, the plane landed in the Seychelles.

[view pictures on my blog cannot upload all here]

It would have been a seamless transition from the airport to the Villa booked, if I hadn't forgotten the name of the Villa and misplaced the printout confirming the booking (you can't really blame me, the Villa booking was last-minute due to an unexpected flight schedule change by AirSeychelles. Read more about that here). I eventually found the Villa information about 40 minutes after our arrival and we were finally cleared by immigration and customs. We picked up our hired car and it was Helloooo Seychelles! :-)

The first Island of the Seychelles we visited was Mahe, it is the biggest and most populated of the islands (about 90% of the total population of the Seychelles live here). All boats and flights lead to Mahe and it is home to the country's only international air and sea ports. Mahe surrounded by lush greens and stunning mountains made a good first impression on us. The high, winding roads were also punctuated with many spectacular viewing points.

[view videos on my blog]

The drive to our Villa was about 40 minutes. When we got there, the very patient and lovely hostess welcomed us with much needed chilled apple juice. Her smile and open spirit was typical of the island welcome we would later be accustomed to in the Seychelles. She drove us to a nearby convenience store to get snacks. Back at the Villa, we got our Wifi set up, munched on the snacks and ice cream we bought and prepared ourselves for a pretty good night at the Villa.

We checked in the next morning at our hotel, Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove. The setting of the hotel on Beau Vallon beach was simply stunning and although it was just a few minutes drive from the Villa, the feel at the hotel was dramatically different. It felt magical seeing the backdrop of the beautiful mountains right from the lobby. As we had arrived a bit too early, our room wasn't yet ready so we took the opportunity to explore Beau Vallon beach (and to look for somewhere to eat). A lot of the restaurants were closed at this time so we settled for a drink at one of the beach bars and returned to the hotel and our room. See the video on my blog for the wonderful view from outside our Hilltop Suite and inside.

Don't want to scare impatient readers away so you know where to go to read the rest of the story.... enjoy the only photos i have time to upload on nairaland below. Thank you all including nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by Nobody: 6:33am On Jun 12, 2015
oooooooook now
Re: Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by fajigirl(f): 6:27pm On Jun 12, 2015
smithsydny:
oooooooook now

:-)
Re: Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 12, 2015
Post it here!

1 Like

Re: Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by fajigirl(f): 6:49pm On Jun 12, 2015
Phema:
Post it here!

The report is quite detailed and the pictures are a lot. Visually I think it is better you read the trip report on the blog. I already did the hard work of writing the trip report grin
Re: Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by cremeandchic: 7:12pm On Jun 12, 2015
fajigirl:

The report is quite detailed and the pictures are a lot. Visually I think it is better you read the trip report on the blog. I already did the hard work of writing the trip report grin

Hi Fajigirl, can we talk?
Re: Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by fajigirl(f): 7:14pm On Jun 12, 2015
cremeandchic:

Hi Fajigirl, can we talk?

Yeah sure. What about?
Re: Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by cremeandchic: 7:26pm On Jun 12, 2015
fajigirl:

Yeah sure. What about?
You
Don't worry, i'm a girl and i'm certainly not a psycho or a lesbian.
PM?
Re: Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by fajigirl(f): 7:31pm On Jun 12, 2015
cremeandchic:

You
PM?
Well hurry up and PM me. I am quite impatient grin
Re: Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by justwise(m): 7:31pm On Jun 12, 2015
Phema:
Post it here!

Seconded.
Re: Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by justwise(m): 7:33pm On Jun 12, 2015
fajigirl:
The three main (and most visited) islands of the Seychelles are Mahe, Praslin and La Digue. The capital of the Seychelles, Victoria, is in Mahe. My trip report on the Seychelles will be in two parts as we visited the three main Islands mentioned above and it is quite a task to incorporate in one trip report the write-up on all the three Islands.

This is indirectly diverting traffic to your blog
Re: Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by fajigirl(f): 7:40pm On Jun 12, 2015
justwise:

This is indirectly diverting traffic to your blog
I am confused isn't this travel section for nairaland for travel enthusiasts? What is wrong with me posting about my blog

1 Like

Re: Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by fajigirl(f): 7:42pm On Jun 12, 2015
cremeandchic:

You
PM?

I am not getting mails sent to me via nairaland I am not sure why. Please use the contact page of my blog thanks.
Re: Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jun 12, 2015
fajigirl:

I am confused isn't this travel section for nairaland for travel enthusiasts? What is wrong with me posting about my blog

Meaning you are advertizing your blog here and creating traffick through nairaland travel medium smiley although its orginal compared to those who copy and paste links and internet pictures
Re: Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by fajigirl(f): 7:49pm On Jun 12, 2015
Preciousstones:

Meaning you are advertizing your blog here and creating traffick through nairaland travel medium smiley although its orginal compared to those who copy and paste links and internet pictures

Actually I am more interested in meeting other travel enthusiasts. I have a facebook page to divert traffic to my blog.

1 Like

Re: Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by fajigirl(f): 7:50pm On Jun 12, 2015
I think Nairaland travel section is becoming more of a visa hustle section rather than people sharing real and interesting trip reports. Trust me I checked a few times before starting my blog.

2 Likes

Re: Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jun 12, 2015
fajigirl:

Actually I am more interested in meeting other travel enthusiasts. I have a facebook page to divert traffic to my blog.

I like it though hope you get the right members that love travelling
Re: Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by fajigirl(f): 7:53pm On Jun 12, 2015
Preciousstones:

I like it though hope you get the right members that love travelling

Thanks perhaps it could start with you cheesy
Re: Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 12, 2015
fajigirl:
I think Nairaland travel section is becoming more of a visa hustle section rather than people sharing real and interesting trip reports. Trust me I checked a few times before starting my blog.

Yea most nairaland members are after jobs and hustle hope you get the right people
Re: Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 12, 2015
fajigirl:

Thanks perhaps it could start with you cheesy

Will follow your facebook page cheesy your facebook page please
Re: Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by fajigirl(f): 7:57pm On Jun 12, 2015
Preciousstones:

Will follow your facebook page cheesy

Cool. Just search for fajigirl my logo is on the page. If you have trip ideas or reports of your own please let me know. I loveeeeee travelling!

1 Like

Re: Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by justwise(m): 7:58pm On Jun 12, 2015
fajigirl:

You know exactly what I'm talking about.
Re: Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by 19naia(m): 8:02pm On Jun 12, 2015
Ooh Joy! Soon the day will come when i can post detailed and picture rich topics of my trip to Nigeria... One day by the grace of most high... grin
Re: Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by fajigirl(f): 8:04pm On Jun 12, 2015
justwise:
[/b]
You know exactly what I'm talking about.

Are you indirectly saying I am breaking nairaland rules? my blog is not yet commercial o so it is not advertising. I genuinely cannot start uploading over 40 pics on here. I can upload the videos though
Re: Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jun 12, 2015
fajigirl:

Cool. Just search for fajigirl my logo is on the page. If you have trip ideas or reports of your own please let me know. I loveeeeee travelling!

Done smiley
Re: Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by fajigirl(f): 9:13pm On Jun 12, 2015
For those not familiar with the country, the Seychelles known officially as the Republic of Seychelles, is an archipelago in the Indian Ocean. The country has the smallest population of any African state with just over 90,000 people and 115 islands (only about 60% of the islands is inhabited). The three main (and most visited) islands of the Seychelles are Mahe, Praslin and La Digue. The capital of the Seychelles, Victoria, is in Mahe. My trip report on the Seychelles will be in two parts as we visited the three main Islands mentioned above and it is quite a task to incorporate in one trip report the write-up on all the three Islands.

One thing most people wonder about the Seychelles is, how expensive a destination is it? So let me get that out of the way and confirm that the Seychelles is expensive! You will need to budget at least double to thrice the amount you typically spend for other long haul destinations. Even if you get yourself a flight for about €300, which is possible in economy class from Europe (although it is most likely to mean 18-24 hours transiting airports); you will find that accommodation (hotels), food (eating out), activities, Island hopping etc. are not cheap. But once you have prepared your mind and finances for this reality, be rest assured that a visit to the Seychelles will be more than rewarding.

For me the Seychelles was a random holiday choice for my birthday (not honeymoon); I wanted to go somewhere completely different and needed to "reinvigorate" as I recently got a new role at the office and the heavy workload was proving too draining. My birthday celebration and pampering officially began with the welcome champagne on the Air Seychelles flight from Tanzania (it felt even more special as there was just two of us in the business class cabin). After a short 3.5 hours flight, the plane landed in the Seychelles.

It would have been a seamless transition from the airport to the Villa booked, if I hadn't forgotten the name of the Villa and misplaced the printout confirming the booking (you can't really blame me, the Villa booking was last-minute due to an unexpected flight schedule change by AirSeychelles. Read more about that here). I eventually found the Villa information about 40 minutes after our arrival and we were finally cleared by immigration and customs. We picked up our hired car and it was Helloooo Seychelles! :-)

The first Island of the Seychelles we visited was Mahe, it is the biggest and most populated of the islands (about 90% of the total population of the Seychelles live here). All boats and flights lead to Mahe and it is home to the country's only international air and sea ports. Mahe surrounded by lush greens and stunning mountains made a good first impression on us. The high, winding roads were also punctuated with many spectacular viewing points.

[view videos on my blog]

The drive to our Villa was about 40 minutes. When we got there, the very patient and lovely hostess welcomed us with much needed chilled apple juice. Her smile and open spirit was typical of the island welcome we would later be accustomed to in the Seychelles. She drove us to a nearby convenience store to get snacks. Back at the Villa, we got our Wifi set up, munched on the snacks and ice cream we bought and prepared ourselves for a pretty good night at the Villa.

We checked in the next morning at our hotel, Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove. The setting of the hotel on Beau Vallon beach was simply stunning and although it was just a few minutes drive from the Villa, the feel at the hotel was dramatically different. It felt magical seeing the backdrop of the beautiful mountains right from the lobby. As we had arrived a bit too early, our room wasn't yet ready so we took the opportunity to explore Beau Vallon beach (and to look for somewhere to eat). A lot of the restaurants were closed at this time so we settled for a drink at one of the beach bars and returned to the hotel and our room. See the video on my blog for the wonderful view from outside our Hilltop Suite and inside.

Don't want to scare impatient readers away so you know where to go to read the rest of the story.... grin enjoy the only photos i have time to upload on nairaland below. Thank you all including nairaland.
Re: Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by cremeandchic: 7:06am On Jun 13, 2015
fajigirl:

I am not getting mails sent to me via nairaland I am not sure why. Please mail me on yahoo or use the contact page of my blog thanks.

Thanks ma'am.

You may want to remove your email addres now except you don't mind getting 200 spam mails in a day or having your email listed as a seller on OLX cheesy
Re: Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by fajigirl(f): 7:17am On Jun 13, 2015
cremeandchic:

Thanks ma'am.
You may want to remove your email addres now except you don't mind getting 200 spam mails in a day or having your email listed as a seller on OLX cheesy

Thanks i'll remove it now. Please also remove from your reply since you quoted me grin

Btw did you send me a mail? i've not seen it. The contact page of my blog might be better
Re: Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by cremeandchic: 8:29am On Jun 13, 2015
fajigirl:

Thanks i'll remove it now. Please also remove from your reply since you quoted me grin

Btw did you send me a mail? i've not seen it. The contact page of my blog might be better

Done!

Okay, let me use ur blog contact.

Thanks
Re: Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by ekamavictor(m): 1:10pm On Jun 13, 2015
Hi Faijgirl. Nice exposition here.
U didn't tell us what continent seychelles is located. How is their lifestyle there?
Re: Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by fajigirl(f): 2:04pm On Jun 13, 2015
ekamavictor:
Hi Faijgirl. Nice exposition here.
U didn't tell us what continent seychelles is located. How is their lifestyle there?

Good points! the Seychelles is in Africa. I did write in my report that "the country has the smallest population of any African state" perhaps it wasn't clear. I will try to write about their lifestyle in part 2 of the trip report but i will also be writing a separate "tips on the seychelles" article which should contain this info. All feedback and comments welcome. Please visit my travel blog for more trip reports.
Re: Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos by 6packdude: 2:59pm On Jun 13, 2015
Nice, something about seeing "true" blue ocean other than the nonsense here.

Fajigirl, how much would you estimate as the cost of this trip for a week?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abuja To Ilorin By Road - Advice, Recommendations And Suggestions Needed / 6 Cheapest Countries To Study In Europe / Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.