Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,440 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone (26195 Views)

Ex-CBN Staff Forfeits TEEDEK Polytechnic To Government [Photos] / Falana Wants EFCC To Probe Loans Given By Ex-CBN Governors / Osibanjo 'Clashes' With Ex-CBN Governor Sanusi Over Naira Devaluation (2) (3) (4)

Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by Tolexander: 6:01am On Jun 12, 2015
The Emir of Kano and former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Mr. Lamido Sanusi, has been appointed as the Chairman of the Board of Directors of Blackstone’s portfolio company, Black Rhino.

Blackstone, a global investment and advisory firm founded in 1985 and listed on the New York Stock Exchange, in a statement on Thursday confirmed the development.

Black Rhino was formed in January 2012 to develop and invest in transformational infrastructure projects in sub-Saharan Africa’s power generation and fuel transportation sectors.

The Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Black Rhino, Brian Herlihy, was quoted in the statement as saying, “One can scarcely imagine a stronger addition to the Black Rhino Board. The Emir has unparalleled insights into Africa’s regional and local socio-economic development needs and the role that power and infrastructure development can play.

“We know that as Chairman of Black Rhino, the Emir will provide business as well as moral guidance in all our endeavors across Africa. It is an honour and a privilege to announce His Highness, the Emir of Kano as the Chairman of Black Rhino.”

A Senior Managing Director at Blackstone, Mr. Sean Klimczak, who oversees the firm’s global private equity investments in power generation and natural resources, said the firm was pleased with the development.

“We look forward to working closely together as we develop energy solutions for sub-Saharan Africa.

“I am honored to join the Board of Black Rhino, a company that is looking to develop infrastructure projects in places where there is the most need to transform communities,” Sanusi was quoted in the statement as saying.

“We live in a time of intense competition for capital and I do hope that by joining the Board I can play some part in bringing some of that capital nearer to home.”

According to the statement, prior to his appointment, Sanusi had a 25-year career in banking. He began his career in 1985 at ICON Merchant Bankers, a subsidiary of Morgan Guaranty Trust and Baring Brothers, and later ran the credit and risk management division at the United Bank for Africa. In 2005, Sanusi moved to First Bank of Nigeria Limited, where he was named the managing director in 2009.

“Emir Sanusi has a comprehensive mastery of the interdependence of Africa with the global economy,” the Chair of Blackstone African Infrastructure LP and Managing Director at Black Rhino, Mimi Alemayehou, said.

Last year, Black Rhino and Dangote Industries announced a commitment to jointly invest up to $5bn over the next five years in energy infrastructure projects across sub-Saharan Africa.

http://www.punchng.com/business/money/ex-cbn-governor-sanusi-joins-blackstone/

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by Emeskhalifa(m): 6:03am On Jun 12, 2015
Emir, at same time chairman of black rhino? Okk sad

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by Emeskhalifa(m): 6:05am On Jun 12, 2015
D rich gettin richer and d poor..... ?

Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by INTROVERT(f): 6:15am On Jun 12, 2015
Who has wings should fly.

Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by Nobody: 6:18am On Jun 12, 2015
That is how things are being in the zoological republic

Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by amanze15(m): 6:20am On Jun 12, 2015
Brains cool

Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by Aegon(m): 6:27am On Jun 12, 2015
Good one Emir. You have totally shown that a mans brain if well nutured can get him anywhere. You have avoided mean men and have not been found in the seat of scoffers. Congratulations.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by PassingShot(m): 6:30am On Jun 12, 2015
Congratulations to Emir Sanusi.

Obviously another bad news for haters.

Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by otokx(m): 6:35am On Jun 12, 2015
May the peace of Allah be upon him, congratulations to a man of courage and intellect.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by Chiefpriest1(m): 6:38am On Jun 12, 2015
I dont know why such a brilliant and courageous man should make wearing one heavy load on his head as his life ambition.

I 've followedsanusii over the years and I find him really exceptional in terms of his brilliance and capacity to look in your face and tell you the truth.

I would have preferred him to hold a problematic ministry in this administration where he would make the difference,but he chose to go sit down in one palace.

It's his life sha!

29 Likes

Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by Tolexander: 7:11am On Jun 12, 2015
Chiefpriest1:
I dont know why such a brilliant and courageous man should make wearing one heavy load on his head as his life ambition.

I 've followedsanusii over the years and I find him really exceptional in terms of his brilliance and capacity to look in your face and tell you the truth.

I would have preferred him to hold a problematic ministry in this administration where he would make the difference,but he chose to go sit down in one palace.

It's his life sha!
that palace he is sitting to oversee the affairs of his people has more honor than dinning and winning with the politicians and forces that move this nation.

The Emirship on him is good to curb him from any excess also serving as an anchor.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by nduchucks: 7:18am On Jun 12, 2015
Congratulations sir. cool

Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by jorlons(m): 7:24am On Jun 12, 2015
He was sacked for speaking the obvious truth, then God lifted him and he became the Emir of kano and now he has been made chairman to a reputable investment company (Black Rhino).

When you're destined to succeed in life, fellowmen cannot say otherwise.

FEAR GOD.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by chumakk: 7:27am On Jun 12, 2015
I know you can't waste your brain as an Emir
Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by mrvitalis(m): 7:29am On Jun 12, 2015
Pls can an emir save as a minister too
Believe me buhari need fearless men like emir sanusi

Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by Nonybb: 7:42am On Jun 12, 2015
Hmmm He was appointed by the same BORN-TO-RULE NORTHERN CABALS
Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by Nobody: 7:51am On Jun 12, 2015
Chiefpriest1:

It's his life sha!
Exactly my point too....... Being a king always incapacitate one, relegate you to the throne, you can't be seen apolitical or whistleblowing and you can't be as radical as before because you wouldn't want to bring disrepute to the throne ........ Sanusi retired so earlier .... it should have been him, Ribadu, Elrufai, Oshiomole, and Osinbajo as well as the Fashola turning the tide......

Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by funlord(m): 8:09am On Jun 12, 2015
grin Dexterity based Hammering! Dan Duniya!!!
Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by Nobody: 8:10am On Jun 12, 2015
Tolexander:
that palace he is sitting to oversee the affairs of his people has more honor than dinning and winning with the politicians and forces that move this nation.

The Emirship on him is good to curb him from any excess also serving as an anchor.
See, Sanusi is more than that throne and that is the fact ..... On the throne, you will only be acting gentleness/ royally/fatherly without having the opportunity to express the real you. The position of a king is also challenging , I have been there and I have seen it all but can never be as challenging as being the CBN Governor or Minister of Finance ..... or President AFDB or heading one International Development agency........

In the palace : wake up any fuc.kin time you wish, meet the cabinets, chat/discuss issues such as land dispute, families dispute, Local/State government allocation, market issues, petty theives issues...... Issues that makes a Think-Tank to develop headaches cuz of the calibre of folks involve and manner of presenting facts of trivial issues which shouldn't caused discord in the first place.......... dismiss d cabinets, meet dignitaries, get invited to honorary functions, you can't speak ur mind as a king (see wetin do Oba Akinolu), The constitution doesn't provide them with any function ........

Sanusi retired too soon but anyway, it is his path...... God bless his throne and long may he reign, amin.

Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by Vicadonis(m): 8:25am On Jun 12, 2015
So, im go still get another work apart from leading abokis

Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by Tolexander: 10:23am On Jun 12, 2015
Lushcream:
See, Sanusi is more than that throne and that is the fact ..... On the throne, you will only be acting gentleness/ royally/fatherly without having the opportunity to express the real you. The position of a king is also challenging , I have been there and I have seen it all but can never be as challenging as being the CBN Governor or Minister of Finance ..... or President AFDB or heading one International Development agency........

In the palace : wake up any fuc.kin time you wish, meet the cabinets, chat/discuss issues such as land dispute, families dispute, Local/State government allocation, market issues, petty theives issues...... Issues that makes a Think-Tank to develop headaches cuz of the calibre of folks involve and manner of presenting facts of trivial issues which shouldn't caused discord in the first place.......... dismiss d cabinets, meet dignitaries, get invited to honorary functions, you can't speak ur mind as a king (see wetin do Oba Akinolu), The constitution doesn't provide them with any function ........

Sanusi retired too soon but anyway, it is his path...... God bless his throne and long may he reign, amin.
oh bro, you can't say SLS is greater than the throne of the Emiership he occupies cos the throne is important as a heir to it.

Even if SLS was operating in World Bank, he wouldn't mind abandoning the post to take up the throne.

The is a place of Tradition and there is a place of politics. Kano Emirship and Sokoto Sultanate are very paramount and important to the Hausas and Fulanis than your feelings towards SLS.

You think if the Sultanate throne was available in the early and mid 60s, Amahdu Bello wouldn't relinquish the Premiership of the Northern region to take up the role or even go on with the two roles ie Premier of the Northern Region and Sultan of Sokoto?

The position is dear to them than.

Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by DjHypno(m): 10:34am On Jun 12, 2015
K
Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by CR77(f): 10:34am On Jun 12, 2015
Emir + Chairman = Congrat Emir Sanusi

Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by CR77(f): 10:35am On Jun 12, 2015
cheesy The Zoo country grin cheesy
Amara25god:
That is how things are being in the zoological republic

Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by Nobody: 10:35am On Jun 12, 2015
Thé rich keep on getting richer,while children of common man have little hope

Congrat Émir Sanusi
Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by Omotayor123(f): 10:35am On Jun 12, 2015
OK

But is that possible

Emir + Chairman =

grin LMAO
Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 12, 2015
DjHypno:
K
CR77:
You guys no dey hear word!
Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 12, 2015
He can introduce (m0r0nic) isl@mic banking there.
Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by xmileeasy: 10:36am On Jun 12, 2015
Go offer your wealth of expertise
Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 10:36am On Jun 12, 2015
*singing* Someone is the Chairman of KeyStone, another is the Chairman of BlackStone, another the Chairman of CornerStone.......Rumpelstiltskin is the Chairman of GoldStone......I know a Nairalander who is the Chairman of WeedStone. He is a friend to StoneCold Steven Austin. We really are in the Stone Age.cheesy

Enough of these stone talk sef........what am I even saying?

2019: Two-term Governors Set Stage To Upstage Sitting Senators / Magnus Abe Withdraws From APC Governorship Race / APC South West Presidential Aspirants Meeting Currently Ongoing