Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,268 members, 7,807,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

Does Muslims Have Father?? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Muslims Have Father?? (2233 Views)

Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo / For Muslims : Does Muslims Believe In Miracles? / #mecca_live Photos Many Non-muslims Have Decided To Convert To Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Does Muslims Have Father?? by channelz: 11:57pm On Jun 13, 2015
Funny thread.
Re: Does Muslims Have Father?? by HaroldFinch(m): 5:04am On Apr 01, 2016
Like many Christians will do on Nairaland, the OP has tried again to win a cheap point using semantics. And again, a very poor research. I do not think it is worthy quoting various verses of the quran for you. i only need some verses from the bible.....

John 20:16-18 New International Version (NIV)
Jesus said to her, “Mary.”
She turned toward him and cried out in Aramaic, “Rabboni!” (which means “Teacher”).
Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”
Mary Magdalene went to the disciples with the news: “I have seen the Lord!” And she told them that he had said these things to her.

"Father" and "God" happy now?
Re: Does Muslims Have Father?? by HaroldFinch(m): 6:40am On Apr 24, 2016
malvisguy212:
As I’ve studied the spiritual power
behind Islam and wondered how this
spiritual power influenced Muhammad’s theology, a well known difference between Islam’s god and Christianity’s God kept coming to mind. That difference is that Islam’s god is never described or known as "Father", but in both Christianity and Judaism, God is known as Father.
I thought about this not just from a mere doctrinal point of view, (anyone familiar with basic Islam knows that it has no concept of God as Father), but rather from a spiritual and relational point of view. I realized something about Muhammad’s relationship: the spiritual power behind Islam never gave
Muhammad the intimate love that a
father gives his son . That is why
Muhammad NEVER called that spiritual
power "father". He simply did not know it that way. The relationship between
Muhammad and his god was one of a
slave to his master, with obedience,
rather than love, being the primary
impulse. Below is how Muhammad
described this relationship.

Narrated 'Umar:
I heard the Prophet saying, "Do not
exaggerate in praising me as the
Christians praised the son of Mary,
for I am only a Slave. So, call me the
Slave of Allah and His Apostle." [1]

(NOTE 1: Muhammad did talk about
loving Allah, and about Allah’s love. But
Allah’s love is predicated upon the
Muslim’s performance and obedience,
not on their relationship. More on that
later.)
(NOTE 2: I know the word "Allah" means
God in Arabic and that Arabic Christians
use the word "Allah" for God. However,
when I use the word, "Allah", I am
specifically referring to the god of Islam).

Sura 5:18
And (both) the Jews and the
Christians say: "We are the children
of Allah and His loved ones." Say:
"Why then does He punish you for
your sins?" Nay, you are but human
beings, of those He has created, He
forgives whom He wills and He
punishes whom He wills. And to Allah
belongs the dominion of the heavens
and the earth and all that is between
them, and to Him is the return (of all).

You can see from the Quranic verse above that Muhammad refused to accept Christians and Jews as God’s children because He disciplined them. However, both the Old and New Testaments Bible teach that a loving father disciplines his children.

Hebrews 12:7-11
Endure hardship as discipline; God is
treating you as sons. For what son is
not disciplined by his father? If you
are not disciplined (and everyone
undergoes discipline), then you are
illegitimate children and not true
sons. Moreover, we have all had
human fathers who disciplined us
and we respected them for it. How
much more should we submit to the
Father of our spirits and live! Our
fathers disciplined us for a little while
as they thought best; but God
disciplines us for our good, that we
may share in his holiness. No
discipline seems pleasant at the time,
but painful. Later on, however, it
produces a harvest of righteousness
and peace for those who have been
trained by it.

I understand your misconception. Its more of history, language and usage. See the verse where Jesus said, I will return to my father, and your father, to my God and your God. Your confusion is in usage, there's no misconception or lack of love as you posit. it's just in semantics. Perhaps if you go to the original texts and ask those who understand the scriptures, you'll get the gist. That's why I always complain about people reading scriptures from translated versions and making findings from it. It has changed its form. If you want to dabble in religion talks, you need to appreciate the scriptures as they are.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor David Ibiyeomie Splashes Millions Of Naira On Youth For Skill Acquisition / In-between A Spirit Wife And A Witch!! / Testimonies Of 10 Christian Women Who Embraced Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.