Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,456 members, 7,808,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

Gov. El-rufai Appoints Two Yoruba Men Into His Cabinet - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. El-rufai Appoints Two Yoruba Men Into His Cabinet (57516 Views)

El-rufai Appoints Two Youths As His Special Advisers (photo) / El Rufai Appoints Bringbackourgirls Founder As Chief Of Staff / Again, El-rufai Appoints Non-indigene As Head Of Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov. El-rufai Appoints Two Yoruba Men Into His Cabinet by 2n2k(m): 6:18pm On Jun 12, 2015
Jimi Lawal and el-rufai are like Siamese twins. Right from his BPE's days

Jimi was one of his topmost advisers when he was FCT minister and he mentioned him severally in his book - The Accidental Public Servant

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov. El-rufai Appoints Two Yoruba Men Into His Cabinet by chiefinalowo: 6:21pm On Jun 12, 2015
I don't think the people of SE will be able to sleep tonight.
This good news is bad news to them.

21 Likes

Re: Gov. El-rufai Appoints Two Yoruba Men Into His Cabinet by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:29pm On Jun 12, 2015
There is no discrimination in APC.
God bless the President.

7 Likes

Re: Gov. El-rufai Appoints Two Yoruba Men Into His Cabinet by NewNigeriaMind: 6:30pm On Jun 12, 2015
fulanimafia:

You are beginning to sound Ibo, Yoruba's are not known for chest-beating.

How can a LOCAL GOVERNMENT in Kaduna have up to 60% of Yorubas?

Let's just celebrate this novel act in peace and humility bro.

No no, why will be chest beating over the simple fact that Elrufai employed people he feel he can work with.

I am just saying since I came to kaduna for the first time, it feels like home. I like been in the plane and someone speaks yoruba.

I like the fact that a lot of the hausa here speak yoruba, and I said the reason is not fat fetched. There are local governments here dominated by yoruba, I have been around the state, this I got from the hausas I interact with here in kaduna. I also said a lot of them say they speak the language cause of the long interaction with yorubas.

Kaduna is not a no man land, I am not claiming what is not mine pls.

Above all I am not and can never descend to the Igbo chest beating attitude.

20 Likes

Re: Gov. El-rufai Appoints Two Yoruba Men Into His Cabinet by Musiwa419: 6:31pm On Jun 12, 2015
Noble gesture.

Lalasticlala i think this deserve to make the FP.
Re: Gov. El-rufai Appoints Two Yoruba Men Into His Cabinet by tomzman: 6:45pm On Jun 12, 2015
The empty chest beaters have a lot to learn from the Yorubas. El-Rufai is a true Nigerian.

11 Likes

Re: Gov. El-rufai Appoints Two Yoruba Men Into His Cabinet by ERODEDEAST(f): 6:50pm On Jun 12, 2015
Is Kaduna now a no man's Land where are the Igbos

17 Likes

Re: Gov. El-rufai Appoints Two Yoruba Men Into His Cabinet by chiefinalowo: 6:53pm On Jun 12, 2015
ERODEDEAST:
Is Kaduna now a no man's Land where are the Igbos

They are mourning.....Good news to one can be sad news to other.

7 Likes

Re: Gov. El-rufai Appoints Two Yoruba Men Into His Cabinet by princdebola201(m): 6:53pm On Jun 12, 2015
Those Igbos will surely avoid the thread..

4 Likes

Re: Gov. El-rufai Appoints Two Yoruba Men Into His Cabinet by raumdeuter: 6:53pm On Jun 12, 2015
WHat of the people that make up 90% of Lagos, 80% of Kano, 65% of Kaduna nd 60% of Jos?

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov. El-rufai Appoints Two Yoruba Men Into His Cabinet by Dollyak(f): 6:57pm On Jun 12, 2015
shItGBO:
There are many non- Yorubas in the Government Cabinet of Yoruba states. There are many non- Hausas in the Government cabinet of Hausa states.

But it is almost imposible for you to find a non-Igbo in the cabinet of any given Igbo state ...... Few years ago, Governor T.A Orji sacked fellow Igbos who werent Abians from the Abia state civil service.

Igbos should learn to be tolerant, hospitable, accomodating and respectful.
great message

17 Likes

Re: Gov. El-rufai Appoints Two Yoruba Men Into His Cabinet by 9jii(m): 7:00pm On Jun 12, 2015
weyreypey:
What of the Nigerian Jews?
God forbid

2 Likes

Re: Gov. El-rufai Appoints Two Yoruba Men Into His Cabinet by bamidele029: 7:04pm On Jun 12, 2015
We keep making strides without too much noise, if it was the chest beaters they would have opened 20 threads by now

6 Likes

Re: Gov. El-rufai Appoints Two Yoruba Men Into His Cabinet by 9jii(m): 7:06pm On Jun 12, 2015
nakamora:
Igbos how market.Go & claim Kaduna as no mans land.Ogogoro people keep claiming since 19abraham. grin grin grin
If they try that madness...na pray we go pray me them try it.

2 Likes

Re: Gov. El-rufai Appoints Two Yoruba Men Into His Cabinet by anonimi: 7:18pm On Jun 12, 2015
Special Adviser is NOT the rank of Commissioner for cabinet or is it
Re: Gov. El-rufai Appoints Two Yoruba Men Into His Cabinet by xmileeasy: 7:18pm On Jun 12, 2015
Expertise over ethnic and religious bigotry

4 Likes

Re: Gov. El-rufai Appoints Two Yoruba Men Into His Cabinet by millionaireman: 7:19pm On Jun 12, 2015
chiefinalowo:
You won't see Yoruba people to be shouting unlike the people from the other side of the divide.
If it were to be them....they will say we are going to take over Kaduna State.

You will always be fcuuuked by the El-Rufais. More Alimis are yet to be born in Arewa. One disadvantage is that under one Nigeria, each time you get fcuuuked by the Rufais, the whole of south of Nigeria by extension perceives the bad deal.
Re: Gov. El-rufai Appoints Two Yoruba Men Into His Cabinet by ceejay80s(m): 7:19pm On Jun 12, 2015
yorubas na american? I wonder why the headline go be "rufai appoints two yoruba men" na una dey take una mouth divide una self , el rufai is a nigerian and he appointed 2 nigerians,
Useless species!!!

9 Likes

Re: Gov. El-rufai Appoints Two Yoruba Men Into His Cabinet by lolababe331e: 7:20pm On Jun 12, 2015
All we do is win , SW rocks. The children of anger are weeping tongue

5 Likes

Re: Gov. El-rufai Appoints Two Yoruba Men Into His Cabinet by joystickextendr: 7:20pm On Jun 12, 2015
okay
Re: Gov. El-rufai Appoints Two Yoruba Men Into His Cabinet by anonimi: 7:20pm On Jun 12, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:
No surprise here.

If only you have been to kaduna state.

The Yorubas here are as much as the hausas.

I am currently in a kaduna company and the mallams here greet me in yoruba, plus 30 percent of the staff will be yoruba.

Elrufai biggest supporters online are Yoruba, check twitter.

I am told there are local governments here where yoruba make up 60 percent of the people.

Pls advice to Yorubas, be careful what you say here in yoruba, majority understand yoruba. It happened to me at the airport.

In short he made a good POLITICAL decision for votes.
Thanks.
Re: Gov. El-rufai Appoints Two Yoruba Men Into His Cabinet by aderonila18: 7:22pm On Jun 12, 2015
shItGBO:
There are many non- Yorubas in the Government Cabinet of Yoruba states. There are many non- Hausas in the Government cabinet of Hausa states.

But it is almost imposible for you to find a non-Igbo in the cabinet of any given Igbo state ...... Few years ago, Governor T.A Orji sacked fellow Igbos who werent Abians from the Abia state civil service.

Igbos should learn to be tolerant, hospitable, accomodating and respectful.

If only, they know how to beg and whine for positions in other zones but they don't know how to give. Very selfish and tribalistic set

9 Likes

Re: Gov. El-rufai Appoints Two Yoruba Men Into His Cabinet by TundeCole(m): 7:23pm On Jun 12, 2015
weyreypey:
What of the Nigerian Jews?

grin grin bad mouth!!

1 Like

Re: Gov. El-rufai Appoints Two Yoruba Men Into His Cabinet by kenex4ever(m): 7:23pm On Jun 12, 2015
fulanimafia:
Impressive. President Buhari's ministerial list is expected to prominently feature many Yoruba technocrats.

El-rufai is a shining example of a progressive, sannu da aiki.

Shame on the ibos that tried to put a wedge in our alliance because of the Atiku/Tinubu power struggle.
must u guys mention igbos ïn everything? They must b giving u sleepless nights.
Imagine this kind competition when ur supposed rival is not aware he is competing with u.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. El-rufai Appoints Two Yoruba Men Into His Cabinet by demelza: 7:24pm On Jun 12, 2015
nakamora:
Igbos how market.Go & claim Kaduna as no mans land.Ogogoro people keep claiming since 19abraham. grin grin grin
Sharrap dia!
Kaduna is no man's land. We are 60% of the population and the main owners of the city. grin

Awon oloriburuku.

3 Likes

Re: Gov. El-rufai Appoints Two Yoruba Men Into His Cabinet by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 12, 2015
chiefinalowo:
Gov. El-Rufai believes in doing the job regardless of where you come from.

I am yet to see a.yoruba or indigo state that has ever appointed a hausa man
Re: Gov. El-rufai Appoints Two Yoruba Men Into His Cabinet by dazzlinglyme: 7:24pm On Jun 12, 2015
ceejay80s:
yorubas na american? I wonder why the headline go be "rufai appoints two yoruba men" na una dey take una mouth divide una self , el rufai is a nigerian an he appointed 2 nigerians,
Useless species!!!
nice one
Re: Gov. El-rufai Appoints Two Yoruba Men Into His Cabinet by ollyruffy: 7:25pm On Jun 12, 2015
Very good.

Any should let us know any state in the south east that has ever appointed a yoruba into a political position.

1 Like

Re: Gov. El-rufai Appoints Two Yoruba Men Into His Cabinet by kenex4ever(m): 7:25pm On Jun 12, 2015
Tolexander:
before opening the thread, I'd known one of the Yorubas will be in charge of media or publicity.
because of their loud mouth

3 Likes

Re: Gov. El-rufai Appoints Two Yoruba Men Into His Cabinet by millionaireman: 7:26pm On Jun 12, 2015
lolababe331e:
All we do is win , SW rocks. The children of anger are weeping tongue

How else do you expect el-Rufai to thank Yoruba for helping to bring power back to north? The Rufais, Sanusis and Buharis did everything you can imagine to get power from Jonathan back to north in 2015.

In fact, this na small thank you from Rufai to the SW, more is expected from Rufai.

2 Likes

Re: Gov. El-rufai Appoints Two Yoruba Men Into His Cabinet by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 12, 2015
So Kaduna is a no mans land
Re: Gov. El-rufai Appoints Two Yoruba Men Into His Cabinet by PassingShot(m): 7:26pm On Jun 12, 2015
chiefinalowo:
You won't see Yoruba people to be shouting unlike the people from the other side of the divide.
If it were to be them....they will say we are going to take over Kaduna State.
cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Valentine: MC Oluomo To His 3 Wives, “I Will Never Make You Shed Tears" / Okonjo-Iweala On Course To Emerge World Trade Organisation's Director General / Peter Obi Supporters Block His Convoy At Mile 2 Market, Lagos (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.