Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,973 members, 7,806,830 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates 61st Birthday Today - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates 61st Birthday Today (18932 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Celebrates Her 63rd Birthday Today / Gbenga Daniel Celebrates His 61st Birthday Today / Gbenga Ashafa's 61st Birthday: Amaechi, Dakuku Peterside Attend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates 61st Birthday Today by 5nchy: 11:56am On Jun 13, 2015
Hbd to my role model & bd mate! Dr. Ngozi Okonjo iwela. U shall continue to be gr8 ma"am. Wt lots of love to
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates 61st Birthday Today by pasol4real(m): 12:02pm On Jun 13, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Happy Birthday Ms Okonjo Iweala....but our economy is still oil dependent.

And we are still depending on imports,imports ,imports.

And we don't have industries.

Hope your successor changes all that.

(No offense.....but Ms Okonjo-Iweala knows all about how damaging resource dependency is... she did not change our economic system. )
seriously,but she made ur economy the largest in África n one of the fastest growing economies in the world.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates 61st Birthday Today by Tycyborg(m): 12:14pm On Jun 13, 2015
Why are most people calling her mama ngozi? Is her daughter or son named ngozi or her own name is ngozi? Mama ngozi is a woman who give birth to a baby name ngozi. Point of correction

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates 61st Birthday Today by Tycyborg(m): 12:16pm On Jun 13, 2015
pasol4real:

seriously,but she made ur economy the largest in África n one of the fastest growing economies in the world.

not by her work... Is she the only one doing it? During obj time yeah she tried but during jona time she is a complete flop and had it been she is a football player this time even a relegation team wont like to bid for her.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates 61st Birthday Today by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jun 13, 2015
pasol4real:

Not exactly.

Yes...rebasing, which does not look good when it becomes per capita.

Plus....oil prices were sky high....which is why the economy looked good.(Oil dependent countries look good economically when oil prices are high, and look like the poor brother once prices crash. Good example....Nigeria in the 1970's vs Nigeria in the 1980's especially post 1982).

The real question we should be asking about any economy is how much is it producing.....not how much it earns from selling its resources.

All the same....soon as we get the light fixed, and the railways fully working....we can just forget about oil...and head to industries.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates 61st Birthday Today by datribune: 12:48pm On Jun 13, 2015
pasol4real:

Hahahaha rebasing, biggest economy.
I guess u expect d nigerian masses to be celebrating growth without development or an individual under whose watch they had d greatest inequality in their land. Iweala's empty statistics (which according to Soludo were forged) had no meaning or impact on d masses of Nigeria & that was why we rejected at d polls, Iweala & her trickle-down economics which enriched a privileged few at d expense of d masses. Under Iweala, d number of "Beggar-thy-Countrymen" increased exponentially wit d richest black man in d world being a Nigerian. Nigeria had d greatest number of private jet owners in Africa but d mass of d people lived in abject poverty - below $1 - $2 a day. Under Iweala our national patrimony was shared among a cabal of govt sponsors in deals dat reeked of corruption & infamy. Good riddance to Iweala who failed woefully as minister & let's hope Buhari keeps to his promise to go after d corrupt.

3 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates 61st Birthday Today by kaboninc(m): 1:20pm On Jun 13, 2015
She's just sooo wonderful!

I admire her strong spirit, her determination, her sense of purpose, her zeal and passion for excellence towards the growth and development of the youths in Onitsha or Ibadan or Zaria in education, the ambitious women in rural communities who play a role in supporting their families through agriculture, the traders in Alaba market who need soft loans to grow their businesses, the tailor who sews ankara cloths and ultimately for Nigeria and Africa as a whole! She's just a gem!

She's also one of my role models.

Happy birthday to you, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala!

May God never cease to refill your precious vessel as you continue your wonderful works in various other capacities; may He give you the grace to live a life of fulfilment; may He also cause haters like jpphilips to spread your good works even with so much pain and hatred in their heart.

Amen!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates 61st Birthday Today by tiger28: 1:22pm On Jun 13, 2015
MADAM ONE CHANCE!!!!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates 61st Birthday Today by kaboninc(m): 1:25pm On Jun 13, 2015
datribune:

I guess u expect d nigerian masses to be celebrating growth without development or an individual under whose watch they had d greatest inequality in their land. Iweala's empty statistics (which according to Soludo were forged) had no meaning or impact on d masses of Nigeria & that was why we rejected at d polls, Iweala & her trickle-down economics which enriched a privileged few at d expense of d masses. Under Iweala, d number of "Beggar-thy-Countrymen" increased exponentially wit d richest black man in d world being a Nigerian. Nigeria had d greatest number of private jet owners in Africa but d mass of d people lived in abject poverty - below $1 - $2 a day. Under Iweala our national patrimony was shared among a cabal of govt sponsors in deals dat reeked of corruption & infamy. Good riddance to Iweala who failed woefully as minister & let's hope Buhari keeps to his promise to go after d corrupt.

This crap you wrote up there, just says ONE thing about you: you have absolutely no idea of what you're talking about.

Then, yeah she did not make us the largest economy in Africa, but she did help us know that we are and also played a significant role in it.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates 61st Birthday Today by morrismo: 1:32pm On Jun 13, 2015
This woman is very wicked. Her hometown has neither light nor water,yet her deluded professor father is the king. She is d main reason why jonathan's govt was a failure. Shame on u ngozi okonjo iweala.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates 61st Birthday Today by lighternote: 2:02pm On Jun 13, 2015
Happy bday ma'am.
The whole world recognizes your greatness and invaluable contribution especially to the finance world. Yale adorned you with their honor even while haters were wasting their lives on petition.
I will join you great women soon. I'm hussling to be there. You are my role model. kiss
Many more years of bliss.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates 61st Birthday Today by makunde05(m): 2:17pm On Jun 13, 2015
[i][/i]HBD
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates 61st Birthday Today by internetpo(m): 2:38pm On Jun 13, 2015
HappY byday to the Op and madam Ngo. Wish you guys looong life.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates 61st Birthday Today by owofizzy(m): 3:11pm On Jun 13, 2015
HBD to u ma A female Icon of our generation God bless ur new age
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates 61st Birthday Today by yollychika(f): 3:45pm On Jun 13, 2015
Op hbd
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates 61st Birthday Today by Oiselenjakhian(m): 4:09pm On Jun 13, 2015
Hello Everyone. My company Dreamquest Multimedia has just released a commemorative game on the recent victory by the APC.

You can download it for free on the Google Play store here -> https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Dreamquest+Multimedia&hl=en

Please contact me if you need web development, interactive media and game development services. My number is +2349032291323.

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates 61st Birthday Today by trw: 9:34pm On Jun 13, 2015
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates 61st Birthday Today by jpphilips(m): 1:39am On Jun 14, 2015
kaboninc:
She's just sooo wonderful!

I admire her strong spirit, her determination, her sense of purpose, her zeal and passion for excellence towards the growth and development of the youths in Onitsha or Ibadan or Zaria in education, the ambitious women in rural communities who play a role in supporting their families through agriculture, the traders in Alaba market who need soft loans to grow their businesses, the tailor who sews ankara cloths and ultimately for Nigeria and Africa as a whole! She's just a gem!

She's also one of my role models.

Happy birthday to you, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala!

May God never cease to refill your precious vessel as you continue your wonderful works in various other capacities; may He give you the grace to live a life of fulfilment; may He also cause haters like jpphilips to spread your good works even with so much pain and hatred in their heart.

Amen!

I know where Iweala met our economy, I know where she is leaving it, sychocphats like you should continue disparaging her ignominy.

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates 61st Birthday Today by kaboninc(m): 5:19am On Jun 14, 2015
jpphilips:

I know where Iweala met our economy, I know where she is leaving it, sychocphats like you should continue disparaging her ignominy.

You don't know anything bro!

Even the little you claim to know is rubbish!

Please don't bring your hatred for this amazon here. The thread is for her celebration not damnation!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates 61st Birthday Today by jpphilips(m): 9:23am On Jun 14, 2015
kaboninc:

You don't know anything bro!

Even the little you claim to know is rubbish!

Please don't bring your hatred for this amazon here. The thread is for her celebration not damnation!

The way you follow me around like rat is becoming worrisome.
She did a serious disservice to this country, it is your right to be celebrating mediocrity.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates 61st Birthday Today by jpphilips(m): 9:27am On Jun 14, 2015
datribune:

Kindly ignore the fools afterall, some bingos celebrated Osama bin Laden.

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates 61st Birthday Today by kaboninc(m): 10:49am On Jun 14, 2015
jpphilips:

The way you follow me around like rat is becoming worrisome.
She did a serious disservice to this country, it is your right to be celebrating mediocrity.

Haterz on the loose!

Haven't you heard that God uses the enemies to bless his people?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anyim Pius Under Inhumane Conditions In EFCC Custody - Mike Ozekhome / Governorship Elections: Amosun, Okorocha’s Threat Worries APC / Abdulfatai Buhari: Why I Will Support Tinubu’s Presidential Bid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.