Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds (141833 Views)

My 2,000 Broiler Production Cycle / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures / My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 9:26am On Jun 13, 2015
We going to learn how to produce broiler birds
To market weight.
It is going to be a step by step approach with pictures.
Note :
1. We buying day old chick's.
2. We brooding by ourselves.
3. It is a 9 weeks project.
4. We need to achieve 2.5-3.0kg of weight at 8weeks.
First we prepare the brooding house. 1m*3m housing space. BROODING is caring for young chick's from day 1 to a month. Provision of extra heat with brooding lamp or stoves plus electric bulbs.
We have to wash the brooding house with soap and disinfectant. The brooding house needs to be covered with black cellophane to reduce heat loss. Our aim is to provide enough heat for the survival of the young chick's. This is done 1 week to the arrival of the chick's.
2. Wood shavings should be placed in the brooding house and heat stove n the electric bulbs 8hrs to the arrival of the chick's
3. Place the drinkers and feeders inside the brooding house.
4. Use flat trays as the feeder.
5. The stove and electric bulbs should be on.

13 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Aminat508(f): 9:28am On Jun 13, 2015
Pics

4 Likes

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by AreaFada2: 10:33am On Jun 13, 2015
nice

2 Likes

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by endy247(f): 11:48am On Jun 13, 2015
Following.

3 Likes

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 12:36am On Jun 17, 2015
Goldenboy842:
To market weight.
Note :
First we prepare the brooding house. 1m*3m housing space. BROODING is caring for young chick's from day 1 to a month. Provision of extra heat with brooding lamp or stoves plus electric bulbs.
We have to wash the brooding house with soap and disinfectant. The brooding house needs to be covered with black cellophane to reduce heat loss. Our aim is to provide enough heat for the survival of the young chick's. This is done 1 week to the arrival of the chick's.
2. Wood shavings should be placed in the brooding house and heat stove n the electric bulbs 8hrs to the arrival of the chick's
There should be enough light so the birds can eat

2 Likes

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Gadgetmobil(m): 12:43am On Jun 17, 2015
Fully seated
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Juliana7: 12:45am On Jun 17, 2015
Following......
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by kevin96(m): 1:48am On Jun 17, 2015
Goldenboy842:
To market weight.
Note :

Everything seems right except for d black cellophane, it would have been white.. So dat during d day the birds will be able to see well wen feeding. Good job

5 Likes

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Besto(m): 6:53am On Jun 17, 2015
nice thread bro.. ride on...pictures should load up

1 Like

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Neduzze5(m): 8:57pm On Jun 17, 2015
Following...

Please, is wood shavings better or saw dust?
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by FarmTech(m): 10:45pm On Jun 17, 2015
Good job. ^ wood shaving shud be use. Saw dust will harm if they eat it.

2 Likes

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by adedam007(m): 3:22pm On Jun 18, 2015
Following
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by AMONIBIA(m): 4:36pm On Jun 18, 2015
I'm following. Very interested!!!
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Neduzze5(m): 6:43am On Jun 19, 2015
FarmTech:
Good job. ^ wood shaving shud be use. Saw dust will harm if they eat it.

Thanks bro for the apt reply.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 11:29am On Jun 19, 2015
Today Friday 2015/06/19 , made it the fivth day of our brooding.
So far we have lost 3 birds.
On the first 3 days of d chicks life,
: Put Vatalyte in their water, it is an anti-stress n glucose can also be used.
Enough light shld be provided also

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Chidoski64: 1:54pm On Jun 19, 2015
why not use coal pot instead of using stove,I think coal pot is better cos d last time I used stove I lost 25 chicks.more options will be welcomed.tanks

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Mascotlawman: 2:58pm On Jun 19, 2015
let us have ur vaccination program. Nice job.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 4:46pm On Jun 19, 2015
Chidoski64:
why not use coal pot instead of using stove,I think coal pot is better cos d last time I used stove I lost 25 chicks.more options will be welcomed.tanks
Nice idea bro, the carbonmonoxide in stove is too much.
Right now am already on stove but will use coal pot next time. Thnks a lot.

2 Likes

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jun 19, 2015
Ok

31 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by doubleaction(m): 5:52pm On Jun 19, 2015
Nice one.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by successking401(m): 5:52pm On Jun 19, 2015
K

1 Like

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by jamex93(m): 5:53pm On Jun 19, 2015
those r pets dat last for six months only

after which we match dem for slaughter

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by ShakurM(m): 5:53pm On Jun 19, 2015
would eventually venture into this, God willing. smiley
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by kay29000(m): 5:58pm On Jun 19, 2015
Hmm! I still prefer Cockrels sha! Broilers did me strong thing when I tried them last year...I almost lost my mind when I had to keep digging up holes in my garden to bury chicks. Hey, I ain't trying to discourage anyone, just letting people know there are challenges. Although my Cockrels take 5 months to reach maturity, I have a very low mortality rate. Sometimes, I don't even lose any chicks at all. I mean, I buy 100 Day Old Chicks, and when it is time to sell, I have 100 grown chickens to sell.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Realdeals(m): 5:59pm On Jun 19, 2015
Kool
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by chamboy(m): 5:59pm On Jun 19, 2015
Gejpresident:
Ok
buh wen he dies his money goes to wrong hands

3 Likes

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:01pm On Jun 19, 2015
highly interested!
running aftet thread
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 19, 2015
chamboy:
buh wen he dies his money goes to wrong hands
hmmm
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jun 19, 2015
kevin96:

Everything seems right except for d black cellophane, it would have been white.. So dat during d day the birds will be able to see well wen feeding. Good job
Its black that is recommended cos it retain heat
But my problem with this business is that after 8weeks market women will be pricing it btwn 1000 and 1100 if it has enough waight 1200

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by igbsam(m): 6:03pm On Jun 19, 2015
Following
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by rhymaholic: 6:04pm On Jun 19, 2015
I'm paying attention and taking notes. My family run a little poultry at home, there'd definitely be a thing or 2 i'd pick up to teach them. Nice thread OP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by chamboy(m): 6:04pm On Jun 19, 2015
Gejpresident:
hmmm
igbo man na

4 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos / My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna / Cost Analysis For 1,000 to 3000 Poultry (layers) Capacity & Feed Mill In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.