Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds (141937 Views)

My 2,000 Broiler Production Cycle / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures / My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by prince2015: 6:05pm On Jun 19, 2015
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Horlawale1(m): 6:10pm On Jun 19, 2015
Nice one, more of it.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Canme4u(m): 6:11pm On Jun 19, 2015
Nice 1 Op, May God bless you.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by babamu123(m): 6:12pm On Jun 19, 2015
we are presently having 6wks old birds.... fingers crossed and listening....
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 19, 2015
Op, u didn't say anything about the type/class of feed they should eat, and also I knw that there are vaccines like lasota and gomboro for layers, are they needed in broiler production too? When is the right time to start broodiing, rainy or dry season? Let's say u are targeting sales for xmas period, minus 9wks wud take you to october, meaning ur brooding starts from october. won't the heat be too much at that time of the year? Do chics suffer from melingitis?

2 Likes

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by exlink10(m): 6:19pm On Jun 19, 2015
ok ooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by emeuzo(m): 6:29pm On Jun 19, 2015
Many people are following up, please we need daily update. Thumbs up!!
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 19, 2015
@ op, how many birds would your brooding house of 1m*3m contain and for how long

1 Like

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by debosalau(m): 6:31pm On Jun 19, 2015
Best brooder box ever, 50,birds capacity

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by babamajor: 6:32pm On Jun 19, 2015
Neduzze5:
Following...

Please, is wood shavings better or saw dust?

Woodshavin is d only tin acceptable cus d birds are still very young nd can't see well, if u use saw dust they Wil be eatin d saw dust thinkin it's food nd it can cause damages to the birds health, but woodshavin is biger nd it Wil be difficult for them to swallow, thereby reducing d problem u can encounter befor they recognize food.

4 Likes

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Mnewton(m): 6:46pm On Jun 19, 2015
babamajor:

Woodshavin is d only tin acceptable cus d birds are still very young nd can't see well, if u use saw dust they Wil be eatin d saw dust thinkin it's food nd it can cause damages to the birds health, but woodshavin is biger nd it Wil be difficult for them to swallow, thereby reducing d problem u can encounter befor they recognize food.
wood shaving also helps to reduce the risk of respiratory diseases.cos there is posibility of inhaling dust from the sawdust...it makes it easy to sweep...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 19, 2015
Good thread
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by lammie21(m): 6:51pm On Jun 19, 2015
babamajor:

if they eat sawdust, they will have fowl cholera. wood shavings is the best

3 Likes

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by otabuko(m): 7:01pm On Jun 19, 2015
kay29000:
Hmm! I still prefer Cockrels sha! Broilers did me strong thing when I tried them last year...I almost lost my mind when I had to keep digging up holes in my garden to bury chicks. Hey, I ain't trying to discourage anyone, just letting people know they are challenges. Although my Cockrels take 5 months to reach maturity, I have a very low mortality rate. Sometimes, I don't even lose any chicks at all. I mean, I buy 100 Day Old Chicks, and when it is time to sell, I have 100 grown chickens to sell.
i like your view........it's not rosy with broilers...

3 Likes

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jun 19, 2015
This thread brought back memories. My mum used to buy 30 broilers at once and after three months grin, we would go through them one by one and gave some out8). It got to a point I stopped eating all types of meat and settled for ponmo and fishembarassed.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by kay29000(m): 7:11pm On Jun 19, 2015
otabuko:
i like your view........it's not rosy with broilers...

Yes o! Broilers need 100% dedication, and even at that, there is still high probability that some will die. But with my cockrels, I sometimes might not check on them for a full day, and they will be taking care of themselves. It is like Ajebutter versus Ajepako.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by otabuko(m): 7:13pm On Jun 19, 2015
debosalau:
how can i get this box please?
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by nwanwaoge(m): 7:16pm On Jun 19, 2015
Nice one fella....ride on
Goldenboy842:
We going to learn how to produce broiler birds
To market weight.
It is going to be a step by step approach with pictures.
Note :
1. We buying day old chick's.
2. We brooding by ourselves.
3. It is a 9 weeks project.
4. We need to achieve 2.5-3.0kg of weight at 8weeks.
First we prepare the brooding house. 1m*3m housing space. BROODING is caring for young chick's from day 1 to a month. Provision of extra heat with brooding lamp or stoves plus electric bulbs.
We have to wash the brooding house with soap and disinfectant. The brooding house needs to be covered with black cellophane to reduce heat loss. Our aim is to provide enough heat for the survival of the young chick's. This is done 1 week to the arrival of the chick's.
2. Wood shavings should be placed in the brooding house and heat stove n the electric bulbs 8hrs to the arrival of the chick's
3. Place the drinkers and feeders inside the brooding house.
4. Use flat trays as the feeder.
5. The stove and electric bulbs should be on.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by kevin96(m): 7:18pm On Jun 19, 2015
dailytrumpet:

Its black that is recommended cos it retain heat
But my problem with this business is that after 8weeks market women will be pricing it btwn 1000 and 1100 if it has enough waight 1200

Who said black is recommended? If dat is true, why putting stove or coal pot again
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by otabuko(m): 7:22pm On Jun 19, 2015
kay29000:

Yes o! Broilers need 100% dedication, and even at that, there is still high probability that some will die. But with my cockrels, I sometimes might not check on them for a full day, and they will be taking care of themselves. It is like Ajebutter versus Ajepako.
''ajebutter vs ajekpako.....Lol..

2 Likes

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Oladat(m): 7:33pm On Jun 19, 2015
nice thread,but please can you be more explicit.tell us what type of feed you are using,the vaccines,and if possible the costs.thanks.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by gbengs247: 7:37pm On Jun 19, 2015
hello, i have fully grown chickens for sale (1800 pcs) @ the rate of N900 Each. please get in touch if you interested. 08032628086
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by gbengs247: 7:37pm On Jun 19, 2015
hello, i have fully grown chickens for sale (1800 pcs) @ the rate of N900. please get in touch if you interested. 08032628086
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by bellras(m): 7:50pm On Jun 19, 2015
kay29000:
Hmm! I still prefer Cockrels sha! Broilers did me strong thing when I tried them last year...I almost lost my mind when I had to keep digging up holes in my garden to bury chicks. Hey, I ain't trying to discourage anyone, just letting people know they are challenges. Although my Cockrels take 5 months to reach maturity, I have a very low mortality rate. Sometimes, I don't even lose any chicks at all. I mean, I buy 100 Day Old Chicks, and when it is time to sell, I have 100 grown chickens to sell.

But mind you their consumption rate if compare with broilers maybe higher and if you keep your record well you may gain a little if not at loss compare with eight to nine week broilers. I stand to be corrected but I am speaking from experience.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by nerilove(m): 7:59pm On Jun 19, 2015
Its an interesting topic. Between the red, white and black chicks, which one has long life span ans wch one is more economical to rear, that is, that doesn't die quickly
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by urheme: 8:00pm On Jun 19, 2015
Good thread wink
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by kay29000(m): 8:01pm On Jun 19, 2015
bellras:

But mind you their consumption rate if compare with broilers maybe higher and if you keep your record well you may gain a little if not at loss compare with eight to nine week broilers. I stand to be corrected but I am speaking from experience.
Thanks

Well, I am also speaking from experience... I gain more than double my investment.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by popoolagroup(m): 8:17pm On Jun 19, 2015
debosalau:
what is the dimension
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Sleekyshuga(f): 8:52pm On Jun 19, 2015
Nice one, OP..

I wrote this course yesterday after we carried out the practical----Essentials of Entrepreneurship, majoring on Aquaculture, and Poultry...

The sole aim of every Entrepreneur is to make profit, and at such, for your poultry to be a success, you need good management which includes good observation skills and attention to ensure growth, health, and low mortality..

• Broilers need ultimate CARE..
• Avoid saw dusts but rather use, wood shaving..
• Be careful to note any slight change in behavior. For instance;
----- When they crowd near the heat source, chirping loudly, note that the temperature is LOW..

----- When they move away from the heat source, panting, note that the temperature is too HIGH..

----- When they are fairly quiet, and evenly spaced around the heat source, note that the temperature is ADEQUATE..

Success cool cool..

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by AvalonLinksTechnologies: 9:05pm On Jun 19, 2015
Nice. I bet useful information will be shared here.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by ojjp: 9:20pm On Jun 19, 2015
Educatin, pls kp them flowin in...
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 9:28pm On Jun 19, 2015
Goldenboy842:
We going to learn how to produce broiler birds
To market weight.
It is going to be a step by step approach with pictures.
Note :
1. We buying day old chick's.
2. We brooding by ourselves.
3. It is a 9 weeks project.
4. We need to achieve 2.5-3.0kg of weight at 8weeks.
First we prepare the brooding house. 1m*3m housing space. BROODING is caring for young chick's from day 1 to a month. Provision of extra heat with brooding lamp or stoves plus electric bulbs.
We have to wash the brooding house with soap and disinfectant. The brooding house needs to be covered with black cellophane to reduce heat loss. Our aim is to provide enough heat for the survival of the young chick's. This is done 1 week to the arrival of the chick's.
2. Wood shavings should be placed in the brooding house and heat stove n the electric bulbs 8hrs to the arrival of the chick's
3. Place the drinkers and feeders inside the brooding house.
4. Use flat trays as the feeder.
5. The stove and electric bulbs should be on.
Please am sorry for not updating d thread daily because of time factor.
Please bear with me.
Am taking step by step as d day goes by, those asking for vaccination program shld give us time so we learn it together from the grass root.
For your supplies of day old chick's; broilers,layers etc. You can always reach me on phone 08160403222. Am presently handling a tough target.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos / My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna / Cost Analysis For 1,000 to 3000 Poultry (layers) Capacity & Feed Mill In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.