Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,827 members, 7,802,644 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds - Agriculture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds (141856 Views)

My 2,000 Broiler Production Cycle / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures / My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by salam12(m): 4:43pm On Aug 31, 2015
horlajuwon:
Those are my 6 weeks and 5days birds hope they are in good shape if not advise plz......thanks in advance

Good job. Please what is average weight for the birds and mortality percentage till date.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by horlajuwon(m): 5:14pm On Aug 31, 2015
I'm just thinking of getting scale I just snap the pix today
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by xamuelotu(m): 5:28pm On Aug 31, 2015
kay29000:
Hmm! I still prefer Cockrels sha! Broilers did me strong thing when I tried them last year...I almost lost my mind when I had to keep digging up holes in my garden to bury chicks. Hey, I ain't trying to discourage anyone, just letting people know they are challenges. Although my Cockrels take 5 months to reach maturity, I have a very low mortality rate. Sometimes, I don't even lose any chicks at all. I mean, I buy 100 Day Old Chicks, and when it is time to sell, I have 100 grown chickens to sell.

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 8:12pm On Aug 31, 2015
horlajuwon:
Those are my 6 weeks and 5days birds hope they are in good shape if not advise plz......thanks in advance
They good.
Can you add dried powdered pawpaw leaf?
It will improve their growth

4 Likes

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by horlajuwon(m): 9:26pm On Aug 31, 2015
Okay boss I will try dat tomorrow...thanks for the advise
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by kay29000(m): 10:27pm On Aug 31, 2015
[quote author=xamuelotu post=37532402][/quote]

Wowsa!!! This is like 10,000 birds...How do you feed them.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by xamuelotu(m): 12:21am On Sep 01, 2015
kay29000:

it easy, but that not my farm am just showing u an sample of a cockerel farm
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by twoMcfemad: 6:24am On Sep 01, 2015
xamuelotu:

That is not a cockerel farm. Its an EC broiler farm.

2 Likes

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by kay29000(m): 7:23am On Sep 01, 2015
xamuelotu:

Ok. How come they are so close together and they don't fall sick?

I am still looking for the best way to sell off my cockerels... any ideas?
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 12:15pm On Sep 02, 2015
kay29000:

Ok. How come they are so close together and they don't fall sick?

I am still looking for the best way to sell off my cockerels... any ideas?
Do paper advert around your vicinity n past it at the junction n motor cycle / motor vehicle parks around you.
You can also past it at the church and school, you can give the pastor n principal one each to hasten the process.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by kay29000(m): 5:33pm On Sep 02, 2015
Goldenboy842:

Do paper advert around your vicinity n past it at the junction n motor cycle / motor vehicle parks around you.
You can also past it at the church and school, you can give the pastor n principal one each to hasten the process.

Thanks.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 8:33pm On Sep 04, 2015
kay29000:

Thanks.
YOU ARE welcome bro.

Whatsapp training is still on going.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by horlajuwon(m): 8:59am On Sep 05, 2015
thanks for the advice I've scale my birds the biggest one weigh 3.2 kg while most of the weigh 2.8 and my hybrid turkey weigh 5.0kg my foreign turkey weigh 1.2kg @ their 5week,dis question go to all my oga in farming plz is there any drugs you can prescribe for me to prevent my foreign turkey for having leg problem??......thanks in advance for your contributions.........here are my birds pix

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Dorammy(f): 12:33pm On Sep 05, 2015
Hi, I have d same challenge pls come back soon with the drugs. I have used a whole lot to no avail! I called a vet, and I think we. Be injecting them today or 2moro.
Goldenboy842:

Fowl pox infection. Let me search for the drugs
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 2:34pm On Sep 05, 2015
Dorammy:
Hi, I have d same challenge pls come back soon with the drugs. I have used a whole lot to no avail! I called a vet, and I think we. Be injecting them today or 2moro.
Get Prolyn from a vet store. The dosage is written on it. Sorry for the delay.
Add white vitamin C to their water, one n half tablet to a drinker.

Wish you all the best n quick recovery of your birds.

2 Likes

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 5:55pm On Sep 06, 2015
Very healthy chicken. Weighing 4.5kg.

One on one training on whatsapp 08160403222 is on

2 Likes

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 5:46pm On Sep 07, 2015
Gadgetmobil:
Fully seated
Welcome bro.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by ajokbem: 1:16pm On Sep 08, 2015
Dorammy:

For fowl pox, buy pox cure/pox formula and gumbosine. Or buy anicillin and gumbosine. Use it for seven days. Desperate d birds d@ av pox from others, scrape off d pox using lime and rub d area with potash. U can watsapp on08138633994 for better explanation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 8:46pm On Sep 10, 2015
Nice chicken sold it for 4000 naira.

1 Like

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by nkluvbaby(f): 9:47pm On Sep 10, 2015
I've been reading all the posts avidly, well done everyone. Please how many times a day do you need to feed d chickens especially from a day old to say 4weeks old. I want to experiment with a few to see how it goes, my fear is that i go to work and won't be able to care adequately for them. Someone please reply ASAP. Thanks.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by horlajuwon(m): 11:38pm On Sep 10, 2015
Wow dis impressive how many weeks are they?
Goldenboy842:
Nice chicken sold it for 4000 naira.

1 Like

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 6:31pm On Sep 11, 2015
horlajuwon:
Wow dis impressive how many weeks are they?
12 weeks.

Whatsapp training is on 08160403222
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by alanimi200(m): 9:56pm On Sep 13, 2015
I have learn a lot many thanks will go to practical by stocking . I will need all support and advice I can get from guru in the house.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by millhouse: 4:49pm On Sep 15, 2015
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 8:35pm On Sep 15, 2015
alanimi200:
I have learn a lot many thanks will go to practical by stocking . I will need all support and advice I can get from guru in the house.

You are highly welcome.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by pcoolioz(m): 2:50am On Sep 20, 2015
how many bags of feed do u use in feeding your cockrells for those four months?+ do u get day olds? and do they need to be vaccinated like broilers.
kay29000:

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by kay29000(m): 7:18am On Sep 20, 2015
pcoolioz:

how many bags of feed do u use in feeding your cockrells for those four months?+ do u get day olds? and do they need to be vaccinated like broilers.

Like 15 bags. Yes, I got them at day old, for N3,000 a box, with 50 in a box. They were already vaccinated by the time I bought them at day old. All I do after that is to give them vitamins/antibiotics in their water every now and then. That's it.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Alexander35: 7:26am On Sep 20, 2015
sorry for coming to this thread very late. Am actually an Animal Health and Production Technologist but specializes on poultry Health and Production. Will be very happy and willing to render my two cent contribution and advice to this thread. studied at Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, Kaduna State

3 Likes

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by FarmTech(m): 5:40pm On Sep 20, 2015
Dorammy:

No I have nt given any vaccine, today friday is their fourth day.
Very sorry for the late reply. For layers vaccinatn plan see this: http://farmersjoint.com/doc-screening-lab-result.html. But due to the cost of injectible vaccines, I don't think you will use that for few birds.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by FarmTech(m): 5:47pm On Sep 20, 2015
crownzade:
Kudos to everyone here. I notice some of my DOC are sleeping while some are playing. Is it the normal for them to be sleepy in their first week? Please help me out.
Hw old are they? Hav u treated for cocci. Vaccinatn
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by pcoolioz(m): 8:28pm On Sep 20, 2015
kay29000:

Like 15 bags. Yes, I got them at day old, for N3,000 a box, with 50 in a box. They were already vaccinated by the time I bought them at day old. All I do after that is to give them vitamins/antibiotics in their water every now and then. That's it.

oh okay thanks..I am guessing u got the black ones... and the 15bags fed 100 for 4months? were u doing rationed feeding or it was enough to feed them well + how many kg were you able to attain from the birds at four months? I do broilers but I am thinking of adding like 100cockrells but I don't wanna get stuck along the way.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by kay29000(m): 8:30pm On Sep 20, 2015
pcoolioz:

oh okay thanks..I am guessing u got the black ones... and the 15bags fed 100 for 4months? were u doing rationed feeding or it was enough to feed them well + how many kg were you able to attain from the birds at four months? I do broilers but I am thinking of adding like 100cockrells but I don't wanna get stuck along the way.

Not for 100 o! I was giving you information for the last batch I did, which was 50 chicks from day old. And I got the white ones, not the black ones. I got them to 2.2kg each.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (23) (Reply)

A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos / My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna / Cost Analysis For 1,000 to 3000 Poultry (layers) Capacity & Feed Mill In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.