Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

Wats Ur Experience With Diamond Bank HIDA - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Wats Ur Experience With Diamond Bank HIDA (6675 Views)

Diamond Bank HIDA ACCT Crashed To 4% On 1m Pa / Feb 2016 Fixed Deposit Rates: GTB, Diamond, Firstbank, Stanbic, Sterling, Wema / Diamond Bank Stuns Shareholders With Worst Quarterly Result Since 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wats Ur Experience With Diamond Bank HIDA by ogawisdom(m): 5:18pm On Jun 13, 2015
Less than 100k. 2percent pa
101 to 499k. 6percent pa
500 to 999k. 7percent pa
1m n above. 8percent pa

Interest is paid monthly @ 1/12 of its quoted annual percent

Is anyone into this n r they paying regularly

Is any bank giving more than 8percent pa on 1m for a fixed deposit with interests payable monthly.

Mrknowitall FP

1 Like

Re: Wats Ur Experience With Diamond Bank HIDA by 7footre(m): 10:15am On Jun 14, 2015
I almost engaged in this until I stumbled upon treasury bills. I'm yet to look back, but if there is anyone who is using this, i'll like to know how lucrative it is also!
Re: Wats Ur Experience With Diamond Bank HIDA by wumiabo(f): 3:00pm On Jun 14, 2015
I have an Hida account and its true. I get as much as 7- 8k as interest on my account every month. I don't know how its calculated though.
Re: Wats Ur Experience With Diamond Bank HIDA by davide470(m): 3:31pm On Jun 14, 2015
ogawisdom:
101 to 499k. 6percent pa
500 to 999k. 7percent pa
1m n above. 8percent pa

Is any bank giving more than 8percent pa on 1m for a fixed deposit with interests payable monthly.

FP
Some Investment Banking house give as high as 7% in 3months (500k - 999k or so) for Fixed Deposit Even Call deposits yield same value.

Nobody takes their money to bank again except you are doing T-Bills!.
Re: Wats Ur Experience With Diamond Bank HIDA by ogawisdom(m): 4:00pm On Jun 14, 2015
davide470:
Some Investment Banking house give as high as 7% in 3months (500k - 999k or so) for Fixed Deposit Even Call deposits yield same value.

Some investment banks like which give eg if u r sure

As far as I kw 7percent in three months is impossible in nigeria. May b u mean per annum. 7 percent in three months translates to 28percent per annum far ahead of TB
Re: Wats Ur Experience With Diamond Bank HIDA by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 14, 2015
davide470:

davide470:

Hehehe!
How far?
Re: Wats Ur Experience With Diamond Bank HIDA by davide470(m): 11:32pm On Jun 14, 2015
ogawisdom:

Some investment banks like which give eg if u r sure

As far as I kw 7percent in three months is impossible in nigeria. May b u mean per annum. 7 percent in three months translates to 28percent per annum far ahead of TB
Sorry, its the tenor rate (3mnth - 9mnth) with a yield of 7% - 8% P/A.
Re: Wats Ur Experience With Diamond Bank HIDA by davide470(m): 11:33pm On Jun 14, 2015
SocialRecluse:
Hehehe! How far?
I dey. You never sleep?
Re: Wats Ur Experience With Diamond Bank HIDA by X2X(m): 5:25pm On Jun 19, 2015
ogawisdom:
101 to 499k. 6percent pa
500 to 999k. 7percent pa
1m n above. 8percent pa

Mrknowitall FP

I have a HIDA account. I have operated mine for more than four years now. Yes, the account does as advertised. I think it is one of the best bank accounts offered by any Nigerian bank. The main shortcoming for me is that it doesn't offer a dedicated DEBIT/ATM card linked to the account, otherwise it gives you everything else you get with a normal current/savings account. The big bonus, apart from the high interest rates, is that I have never had any COT charged.

To those comparing HIDA account to treasury bills or other investment products, I think you are comparing apples to oranges. This is a bank account, not an investment product. There are features you get from a bank account that you wont get from regular investment products and vice versa. If you need a bank account and have more than 100k to leave in it, then go for HIDA.

What I did to deal with the lack of ATM/DEBIT card on HIDA was to also open a savings account with Diamond Bank and then I requested for an ATM card on the savings account. I always leave my savings account balance low, but when I want to use an ATM I can transfer (via online banking) from my HIDA to my savings and then withdraw from the ATM. Problem solved.
Re: Wats Ur Experience With Diamond Bank HIDA by ogawisdom(m): 5:35pm On Jun 19, 2015
X2X:

I have a HIDA account. I have operated mine for more than four years now. Yes, the account does as advertised. I think it is one of the best bank accounts offered by any Nigerian bank. The main shortcoming for me is that it doesn't offer a dedicated DEBIT/ATM card linked to the account, otherwise it gives you everything else you get with a normal current/savings account. The big bonus, apart from the high interest rates, is that I have never had any COT charged.

To those comparing HIDA account to treasury bills or other investment products, I think you are comparing apples to oranges. This is a bank account, not an investment product. There are features you get from a bank account that you wont get from regular investment products and vice versa. If you need a bank account and have more than 100k to leave in it, then go for HIDA.

What I did to deal with the lack of ATM/DEBIT card on HIDA was to also open a savings account with Diamond Bank and then I requested for an ATM card on the savings account. I always leave my savings account balance low, but when I want to use an ATM I can transfer (via online banking) from my HIDA to my savings and then withdraw from the ATM. Problem solved.

Good to hear

Can one request for his interest to b paid directly into another bank's bank account monthly
Re: Wats Ur Experience With Diamond Bank HIDA by cmoney22222: 11:14pm On Jun 19, 2015
I have bEen operating mine for 2year now , for 1m and above is 6percent not 8percent. Quote me if am wrong

X2X:

Re: Wats Ur Experience With Diamond Bank HIDA by Debesther: 11:30pm On Jun 19, 2015
I used to let them use my money and they will pay me slavery money.
Now I am into investment
I am ready to give to anybody 3% monthly return on investment.
As in investment 500k and be paid 15k monthly.
I will sign an agreement for six months which is renewable if both sides agreed
Whatsaap me 08074463525
Re: Wats Ur Experience With Diamond Bank HIDA by X2X(m): 9:58am On Jun 20, 2015
ogawisdom:

Good to hear

Can one request for his interest to b paid directly into another bank's bank account monthly

Not that I know of.

Interest gets paid directly into the HIDA account. From there you can withdraw or transfer it as you please.
Re: Wats Ur Experience With Diamond Bank HIDA by mychiveous(f): 11:29am On Jun 20, 2015
Debesther:
I used to let them use my money and they will pay me slavery money.
Now I am into investment
I am ready to give to anybody 3% monthly return on investment.
As in investment 500k and be paid 15k monthly.
I will sign an agreement for six months which is renewable if both sides agreed
Whatsaap me 08074463525
What's the minimum and maximum amount you accept from investors?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Business Of 2M With Monthly ROI Of 10% / Investment In Money Market / What Genuine Investment Can I Possibly Do With This Amount.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.