Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

The Best Way To Ask For Salary Increase From Your Boss And Get It ! - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Best Way To Ask For Salary Increase From Your Boss And Get It ! (28880 Views)

How To Disagree With Your Boss And Still Keep Your Job / Hilarious Chat Between A Boss And His Employee(snapshot) / Pic: Difference Between A Boss And A Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Way To Ask For Salary Increase From Your Boss And Get It ! by caniva(m): 9:35am On Jun 15, 2015
PMB loves that thing when it's BIG grin grin grin grin

Re: The Best Way To Ask For Salary Increase From Your Boss And Get It ! by Allureoftheseas(m): 9:36am On Jun 15, 2015
Oh fortunately I work for no one but my father pays me handsomely, so U were saying..
Re: The Best Way To Ask For Salary Increase From Your Boss And Get It ! by ekwerendi55(m): 9:36am On Jun 15, 2015
good advice
Re: The Best Way To Ask For Salary Increase From Your Boss And Get It ! by kinibigdeal(m): 9:38am On Jun 15, 2015
Matttthew:

Even ur tree dey move now.....

When the tree is tired of being stagnant

1 Like

Re: The Best Way To Ask For Salary Increase From Your Boss And Get It ! by engrjacuzzi: 9:39am On Jun 15, 2015
omo na placard sure pass.
Re: The Best Way To Ask For Salary Increase From Your Boss And Get It ! by Nobody: 9:39am On Jun 15, 2015
N
Re: The Best Way To Ask For Salary Increase From Your Boss And Get It ! by MacMaster01(m): 9:40am On Jun 15, 2015
sexaddict08:
how do I collect my 2 mnths salary owned me?
pray earnestly to God and change your monicker also

2 Likes

Re: The Best Way To Ask For Salary Increase From Your Boss And Get It ! by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 15, 2015
This is the best way 2 ask Ur boss 4 more money

Re: The Best Way To Ask For Salary Increase From Your Boss And Get It ! by VcStunner(m): 9:44am On Jun 15, 2015
Op u are right at it, I really think being more professional dan emotional about asking for raise will help a lot. Get ur reasons intact, pull a lot of leverage and boldly place ur humble request. But that's after u must have fasted to ur satisfaction and praying for the right words to use. Try God today smiley wish u all luck, u will need it grin

2 Likes

Re: The Best Way To Ask For Salary Increase From Your Boss And Get It ! by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 15, 2015
Resign wink
Re: The Best Way To Ask For Salary Increase From Your Boss And Get It ! by tartar9(m): 9:51am On Jun 15, 2015
go on strike
Re: The Best Way To Ask For Salary Increase From Your Boss And Get It ! by seedorfg(m): 9:56am On Jun 15, 2015
i'll rather hold my boss balls for salary increasement than than ask her kindly grin
Re: The Best Way To Ask For Salary Increase From Your Boss And Get It ! by eliwa47(m): 9:57am On Jun 15, 2015
if i want salary increase from my employer, its very simple n easy. All i need to do is to carry a one man army placard all over my body.lol
Re: The Best Way To Ask For Salary Increase From Your Boss And Get It ! by nonjebose(m): 9:57am On Jun 15, 2015
Omoocash:

Source: https://www.insidify.com/discovery/the-best-way-to-ask-your-boss-for-a-salary-increaseand-get-it
Thought I would see something like this 1. Gather info on the skeletons in his cupboard, and threaten to use it unless...2. If he is adamant or does not possess any skeletons, hold a gun to his head.
Re: The Best Way To Ask For Salary Increase From Your Boss And Get It ! by kilode100(f): 10:21am On Jun 15, 2015
Easiest way is to bang him.
I did and now I'm married to him,
I go to work anytime...
Oga manager that was frustrating me before now carries my bag....
Life is indeed good and easy when you use what you ve to get what you want. grin grin

8 Likes

Re: The Best Way To Ask For Salary Increase From Your Boss And Get It ! by Originalsly: 10:28am On Jun 15, 2015
SurePresident:
Talking from experience, make yourself hard to replace by identifying and doing value-adding things that others don't do for the Company. After a while, threaten to resign, they'll automatically give you a raise.
Very true...Point #1is the key...threat of quitting would make the boss start negotiating with you. If you infact had a job offer he would try to match that salary.

1 Like

Re: The Best Way To Ask For Salary Increase From Your Boss And Get It ! by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 15, 2015
Are there enforceable labour laws that can save your head if you eventually get fired for asking for pay rise? I'd like to know, please.
Re: The Best Way To Ask For Salary Increase From Your Boss And Get It ! by yuskonetswagger(m): 10:47am On Jun 15, 2015
I worked 4 an India man....U know dem, be animal in Human skin..if I try am!,nah sack be dat ooooh.
Re: The Best Way To Ask For Salary Increase From Your Boss And Get It ! by FlySly05: 11:04am On Jun 15, 2015
kilode100:
I go to work anytime...
Life is indeed good and easy when you use what you ve to get what you want. grin grin

I can see that working for you well.
Re: The Best Way To Ask For Salary Increase From Your Boss And Get It ! by Bflexing(m): 1:08pm On Jun 15, 2015
Y talk about rejection when your thread is about The Best Way To Ask For Salary Increase From Your Boss And "Get It !"
Re: The Best Way To Ask For Salary Increase From Your Boss And Get It ! by Twensons(m): 1:46pm On Jun 15, 2015
All in your head

Re: The Best Way To Ask For Salary Increase From Your Boss And Get It ! by Mariojane(f): 1:57pm On Jun 15, 2015
Mopolchi:
No mind op. Just hold the man or woman wey be ur Oga for throat tell am say if im no increase am heaven go fall.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy are you there to ask for increment or to commit murder?
Re: The Best Way To Ask For Salary Increase From Your Boss And Get It ! by ajakaboy1: 2:26pm On Jun 15, 2015
It is best done through collective bargaining by your Union representative. You and your fellow workers should get yourselves organised.
Re: The Best Way To Ask For Salary Increase From Your Boss And Get It ! by gloriana(f): 2:27pm On Jun 15, 2015
kilode100:
I go to work anytime...
I THINK I NEED TO C U FOR MORE PERSONAL TPS

1 Like

Re: The Best Way To Ask For Salary Increase From Your Boss And Get It ! by luthorcorp: 6:45pm On Jun 15, 2015
nice one op,coz some bosses are very unreasonable and unconsiderable...hmm may god help us all
Re: The Best Way To Ask For Salary Increase From Your Boss And Get It ! by Dcaliphate(m): 7:06pm On Jun 15, 2015
SurePresident:
Talking from experience, make yourself hard to replace by identifying and doing value-adding things that others don't do for the Company. After a while, threaten to resign, they'll automatically give you a raise.

Meanwhile, someone posted a derogatory pics about us yesterday and it was not deleted. It's tit for tat now, equation balanced. Me and my other people are watching if a senseless partial mod would delete this.
Nice write-up + senseless picture = intelligent but biased, tribalistic fuccktard
Re: The Best Way To Ask For Salary Increase From Your Boss And Get It ! by josdiv(m): 7:21pm On Jun 15, 2015
GOOD ADVISE FROM A MANAGEMENT STAFF!!! READ BELOW, LEARN N LAUGH A LIL!
After two years of selfless service, a man realized that he has not been promoted, no transfer, no salary increase, no commendation and that the company is not doing anything about it. So he decided to walk up to his HR Manager one morning and after exchanging greetings, he told the HR Manager his observation.
The boss looked at him, laughed and asked him to sit down saying; "My friend, you have not worked here for even one day."
The man was surprised but the manager went on to explain:
MANAGER: How many days are there in a year?
MAN: 365 days and some times 366.
MANAGER: How many hours make up a day?
MAN: 24 hours.
MANAGER: How long do you work in a day?
MAN: 8am to 4pm i.e. 8 hours a day.
MANAGER: So, what fraction of the day do you work in hours?
MAN: (he did some arithmetic and said 8/24 hours i.e. 1/3) One-third.
MANAGER: That is nice, what is one- third of 366 days?
MAN: 122 (1/3 * 366).
MANAGER: Do yu com to work on weeknds?
MAN: No sir.
MANAGER: How many days are there in a year that are weekends?
MAN: 52 Saturdays and 52 Sundays equals to 104 days.
MANAGER: Thanks for that. If you remove 104 days from 122 days, how many do you have now?
MAN: 18 days.
MANAGER: OK! I do give you two weeks sick leave every year. Now remove that 14 days from the 18 days left, how many days do you have remaining?
MAN: 4 days.
MANAGER: Do you work on New Year day?
MAN: No sir!
MANAGER: Do yu come to work on workers day?
MANAGER: So, how many days are left?
MAN: Two days sir!
MANAGER: Do yu work on Independence day?
MANAGER: Do you work on Christmas day?
MANAGER: So, how many days left?
MAN: None sir!
MANAGER: So what do you need a promotion for? We should even be sacking you!
Re: The Best Way To Ask For Salary Increase From Your Boss And Get It ! by FRANKOXY(m): 7:38pm On Jun 15, 2015
I have buhari's num cool
Re: The Best Way To Ask For Salary Increase From Your Boss And Get It ! by Omoocash(m): 9:09pm On Jun 15, 2015
kilode100:
I go to work anytime...

You seems to be faster than your shadow. So you play fast game. hmmmm. women !!!!
Re: The Best Way To Ask For Salary Increase From Your Boss And Get It ! by PMIcon(m): 8:11am On Jun 16, 2015
Great post.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Without Two Legs Sells Ice Cream For A Living. Photo / I Can't Accept A Job Offer That Pays Below 100k/month ( Keke Rider) / 9 Radio Bayelsa Staff Suspended In Wake Of Attack On Station

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.