Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,142 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

My Phone Has Been Locked! By A Virus!! - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Phone Has Been Locked! By A Virus!! (20516 Views)

This Phone Has 6GB Ram, 6000mah, 256GB Storage Space With Android 7.0 / Help!!! My Phone Has Been Hit With A Terrible Malware!! / Almost Every Phone Has This Feature, But Most People Don't Know What It Does (2) (3) (4)

Re: My Phone Has Been Locked! By A Virus!! by menesheh(m): 10:52am On Jun 14, 2015
chickengeorge:

You wish.
Blackberry allows all those your exceptions(aside rooting&custom rom) and still remain secure gidigba.

Two and more is evening much.
My concern was your advise to someone to pot from android to less sophisticated blackberry despite the freedom assured in Android.

Android have many advantages ever in the history of mobile phones revolution.
Re: My Phone Has Been Locked! By A Virus!! by chickengeorge: 10:54am On Jun 14, 2015
holusormi:

In terms of encryption , android does not even come 500 miles near blackberry , o.s 7 above is most likely the most secure devices on earth , have you heard of anyone 'rooting' or 'hacking' blackberry before ..... In terms of security iOS is the most secure on earth , that's why if an iphone is iCloud locked , it renders the phone virtually unusable to any person on earth ... But if an android is stolen, all you have to do is enter safe mode and the rest as they say is history

Blackberry sef don get new feature now wey if you steal my phone, you no go fit use am as long as my BlackBerry Protect was on when you steal am. Blackberry protect don upgrade pass icloud level sef.

Re: My Phone Has Been Locked! By A Virus!! by bettercreature(m): 10:55am On Jun 14, 2015
menesheh:

For you mind.

Android is secure even more than blackberry if you do these things

Buy from notable company
Don't root
Don't try custom rom
Don't download outside google play store
Always off your usb debugging and installation from unknown source.

Blackberry is the most secured phone in the world,that is why most world leaders are using it,Obama,Markel and many more

Re: My Phone Has Been Locked! By A Virus!! by chickengeorge: 10:57am On Jun 14, 2015
menesheh:

Two and more is evening much.
My concern was your advise to someone to pot from android to less sophisticated blackberry despite the freedom assured in Android.

Android have many advantages ever in the history of mobile phones revolution.

Which kind freedom you dey talk about. I dey use blackberry passport and z30 and nothing android fit do wey I no fit do on top those two devices. I even get Google play store on top am. You fit put blackberry app for Android let alone the appworld. Abegi!

Re: My Phone Has Been Locked! By A Virus!! by demsid(m): 10:57am On Jun 14, 2015
Op if na po.rn site pls just tell us d site so others go desist from am. May we not b used as scape goat in life , Amen.

Re: My Phone Has Been Locked! By A Virus!! by mrChrisAli(m): 10:58am On Jun 14, 2015
@op this is a ransomware it encrypt all your data when it lock your phone if you don't have any important files them you can flash it ..this is just a locker use by hackers to demand for ransom, there are way to get rid of it that is if you can get the name of the ransom where or a screen shot of your phone uploaded here i think i can help. and for those of you blaming him for not using anti-virus i think you guys are speaking of something you have no knowledge of, because malware(virus) can be encrypted to by pass all AV(anti-virus) they will never detect it because the file will be fud(fully undetected) to avoid this don't install files they are not on your app store like google play ..also check on the file review before you install. to make sure it is legit. ransom ware is one of the worst virus you can ever think of, the infection rate is like 75% ,payment rate is less like 10% let say they have 1000 phones infected 10% which is 100 will have no choice than to pay because they might have an important file. that 100x100 witch is a profit of 10,000 usd to the hacker, this virus on your phone is an apk or java file so becareful when you download those file extensions, well a screen shot of the screen might help get rid of it from your phone

Re: My Phone Has Been Locked! By A Virus!! by ewizard1: 10:59am On Jun 14, 2015
hmmm!

IMO, this happens to people who are not kind of Android techy (CMIW)
i see some android users browsing on their phone and a pop up shows up saying "Your android device is slow... Click here to solve the problem...." them gbam, the users click. lolz. Thats how they get you.

theres this particular Malware app named "Armour Antivirus" disguising as a security app... once that app gets in your device. It would cost you alot to get it out.

Re: My Phone Has Been Locked! By A Virus!! by holusormi(m): 10:59am On Jun 14, 2015
chickengeorge:

Blackberry sef don get new feature now wey if you steal my phone, you no go fit use am as long as my BlackBerry Protect was on when you steal am. Blackberry protect don upgrade pass icloud level sef.

Lolz... Bros iCloud is bb protect on steroids , nothing comes close
Re: My Phone Has Been Locked! By A Virus!! by ayogabriel(m): 11:01am On Jun 14, 2015
kekakuz:
[size=20pt] people will install all manners of anti virus in their phone and complain of hanging.
there might be a virus in your phone but it cantvaffect your phone. not even a windows phone.
phones don't get viruses
animals and windows computers do[/size]

So a phone is not a computer?
Re: My Phone Has Been Locked! By A Virus!! by menesheh(m): 11:04am On Jun 14, 2015
bettercreature:
Blackberry is the most secured phone in the world,that is why most world leaders are using it,Obama,Markel and many more

Obama uses iPhone maybe blackberry too.

Still mind you about this your blackberry security architecture, blackberry and iphone are a single company that are just selfish in their business enterprise (not bad) but android is an open source software anybody can adopt thereby making it exposed to a lot of security vulnerability. If iPhone and blackberry should ever make their OS an open one, you know where am landing now.

To remind you, blackberry is not the most secured smart phone in security context but IOS. You can actually install doctored android software in blackberry 10 OS but to iPhone no way. Blackberry uses same kernel programmable architecture as android.
Re: My Phone Has Been Locked! By A Virus!! by bettercreature(m): 11:06am On Jun 14, 2015
holusormi:

Any Hacker would tell you its nearly impossible to hack blackberry or steal blackberry data,blackberry is the only phone that has independent server,please dont talk about ios,nothing special about it infact you can unlock iphone with ease or remotely control iphone from anywhere,iphone is made in such a way to allow usa government to access users data easily

Re: My Phone Has Been Locked! By A Virus!! by chickengeorge: 11:07am On Jun 14, 2015
holusormi:

You are still thinking of the bb protect of those days. With the current blackberry software(os10.3.2.500 and above), BlackBerry protect has changed drastically. It functions exactly same way as icloud. Why I said it's better is because icloud can still be manipulated, though you won't get full functionality but it still gets manipulated but you can't with blackberry. I would want you to read more on this on blackberry forums and you will see what I'm saying.
If you disagree with me on icloud manipulation, just go to YouTube and you go see plenty videos on it.

Re: My Phone Has Been Locked! By A Virus!! by menesheh(m): 11:09am On Jun 14, 2015
chickengeorge:

Which kind freedom you dey talk about. I dey use blackberry passport and z30 and nothing android fit do wey I no fit do on top those two devices. I even get Google play store on top am. You fit put blackberry app for Android let alone the appworld. Abegi!
No, i know u use Android apk files but try using android apps that revokes( or uses) your wifi, proximity and many other sensors on your phone and tell me the results. Don't work or lags.

Broh alot of things android can do that blackberry can't. Alot
Re: My Phone Has Been Locked! By A Virus!! by bettercreature(m): 11:09am On Jun 14, 2015
menesheh:

Obama uses iPhone maybe blackberry too.

Still mind you about this your blackberry security architecture, blackberry and iphone are a single company that are just selfish in their business enterprise (not bad) but android is an open source software anybody can adopt thereby making it exposed to a lot of security vulnerability. If iPhone and blackberry should ever make their OS an open one, you know where am landing now.

To remind you, blackberry is not the most secured smart phone in security context but IOS. You can actually install doctored android software in blackberry 10 OS but to iPhone no way. Blackberry uses same kernel programmable architecture as android.
Obama is not using iphone though i can't say maybe of recent,you can easily jailbreak iphone unlike blackberry infact i have both IOS and Android installed together on my iphone
Re: My Phone Has Been Locked! By A Virus!! by Tariboy1(m): 11:11am On Jun 14, 2015
I think the Op is looking for attention. If na lie plz show us snapshot. undecided
Re: My Phone Has Been Locked! By A Virus!! by menesheh(m): 11:12am On Jun 14, 2015
bettercreature:
Obama is not using iphone though i can't say maybe of recent,you can easily jailbreak iphone unlike blackberry infact i have both IOS and Android installed together on my iphone

Jail breaking is personal preference though part the security flaws.

Happy Sunday man
Re: My Phone Has Been Locked! By A Virus!! by Nobody: 11:17am On Jun 14, 2015
Restore factory settings. take it to phone experts to do that.
Re: My Phone Has Been Locked! By A Virus!! by nnwniger: 11:21am On Jun 14, 2015
YOU CAN'T KEEP GOING TO THOSE FUNNY SITES WITHOUT PROTECTION, DUDE. THERE IS NO DAMAGE BUT FRUSTRATION .GET SOMEONE TO RESET THE PHONE FOR YOU, IF YOU CAN'T MAKE SURE U SAVE ALL YOUR IMPORTANT DATE AND INSTALL ANTI-MALWARE, DATABASE VERSIONS. A GOOD ONE LIKE MALWAREBYTES CAN FULLY PROTECT YOU AGAINST ALL VIRUS FOR ABOUT A YR BUT MAY COST A LITTLE MORE,WHATEVER YOUR PHONE OR COMPUTER TYPE
Re: My Phone Has Been Locked! By A Virus!! by Rogodo22(m): 11:29am On Jun 14, 2015
Infomaz:
I can't access my phone at all, because of a message that says " Your device is LOCKED!
To unlock your device pay $100 via paysafecard, ukash or paypalmycash. Then submit your Vaucher code below....."

I understand its a virus used by hackers to try and obtain personal and financial information for fraudulent purposes.

Please how can I get rid of this virus?

Lemme park before I comment
Re: My Phone Has Been Locked! By A Virus!! by bettercreature(m): 11:31am On Jun 14, 2015
menesheh:

Jail breaking is personal preference though part the security flaws.

Happy Sunday man
I wish you the same
Re: My Phone Has Been Locked! By A Virus!! by Nobody: 11:32am On Jun 14, 2015
Infomaz:
I can't access my phone at all, because of a message that says " Your device is LOCKED!
To unlock your device pay $100 via paysafecard, ukash or paypalmycash. Then submit your Vaucher code below....."

I understand its a virus used by hackers to try and obtain personal and financial information for fraudulent purposes.

What's the model of your phone?
Re: My Phone Has Been Locked! By A Virus!! by Nobody: 11:35am On Jun 14, 2015
What type of phone is that?
Re: My Phone Has Been Locked! By A Virus!! by virus04(m): 11:41am On Jun 14, 2015
who's calling my name
Re: My Phone Has Been Locked! By A Virus!! by kam27(m): 11:43am On Jun 14, 2015
This OP just finished watching CSI: Cyber. grin
Re: My Phone Has Been Locked! By A Virus!! by Simeony007(m): 11:47am On Jun 14, 2015
Infomaz:

Use youtube.com and type in the exact request from the hackers then you c some solutions from several people whom may have being attacked by such or facing same
Re: My Phone Has Been Locked! By A Virus!! by Gmekx(m): 11:48am On Jun 14, 2015
Hope you've not paid yet. That's a scam ooo. Don't pay a dime. Just connect you phone to your computer and scan with anti-virus from your system.
Re: My Phone Has Been Locked! By A Virus!! by EdwardDomnan(m): 12:05pm On Jun 14, 2015
Eyya sorry. But OYO
Re: My Phone Has Been Locked! By A Virus!! by princenation(m): 12:16pm On Jun 14, 2015
OP if my instincts are correct and all constant kept constant I think ur in for a bigger problem than just ur mobile phone. for all info about u stored on that device is accessible by the hackers. just hope u ain't got no delicate documents in that phone, else
Re: My Phone Has Been Locked! By A Virus!! by Ishilove: 12:16pm On Jun 14, 2015
Flash the tin. No time grin

Re: My Phone Has Been Locked! By A Virus!! by timijoseph01(m): 12:40pm On Jun 14, 2015
kekakuz:
[size=20pt] people will install all manners of anti virus in their phone and complain of hanging.
there might be a virus in your phone but it cantvaffect your phone. not even a windows phone.
phones don't get viruses
animals and windows computers do[/size]
By definition a (computer) ViRUS is a small software program designed to spread from one computer to another and to interfere with normal operation n functioning of the system.
I believe u will agree with mie a mobile phone,, calculators,, digital wrist-wathes,, etc are computers..!
Not only a Computers System is got Virus,, mobile phones got virus too (in as much as the program is causing harm n mal-function to itz normal orperation)...

1)For example i've got a virus for Nokia Java Phones,, once the file is on the phone (either downloaded,, sent via bluetooth,, any means),, it is capable of destroying the phone.. As long as the file is on the Java phone,, the phone must go off (maybe ba3low,, or u switched off intentionally).. If the phone goes off,, ONLY flashing can raise it from DEAD again..!!!

2)Also recently i downloaded an app on my Nokia Symbian (an automic key-pad lock app which makes ur locks the phone at a ''specified'' time).
Unfortunately for mie the app does another thing from itz main purpose.. It switches off the phone INSTEAD of locking the keypad at same ''specified'' time..
At first my phone just goes off after 1min of inactivity (same 1mins i set for loking keypad).. I didnt notice it was the app dat was mal-functioning... I was thinking it was another thing maing ma phone go off...
To make matter worse,, i went to the app n put the key-pad lock to ''BootMode'' (i.e it shud lock d phone during Boot)..
N YES,, i just killed my phone... Now anytime my i swith-on my phone,, it goes OFF even b4 d NokiaTune..
You knw why..?? Because instead of the App to lock d key-pad and ask for pass.. It switches OFF the phone..!!!
I dnt knw if the Progammer intentionally code the app that way,, or it was misstake (maybe he used the code for ''swicth-off'' instead of ''lock'')... Either ways,,, my phone continue to Off IMMEDIATELY after Boot....

Since both cases caused harm to my phone,, and mal-function to my phone's operation... Those file n app respectively are regarded as VIRUSES in the Computer World..

@OP,, i think you should tell us the name of d App,, where u download it.. It will help us help u..
Re: My Phone Has Been Locked! By A Virus!! by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 14, 2015
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cleanmaster.security.cryptolockercleaner

If my device has already been infected, then how can I fix it?

If your device has been infected, it will be useless until it is fixed. You must use a different uninfected device to carry out the following steps:

Step 1: Find another working device such as a PC, Mac, phone or tablet.
Step 2: Open the web browser and log in to Google Play (http://play.google.com) with your Google account. The account has to be the same as the account used on the infected phone.
Step 3: On the Google Play website, search for CM Simplelocker Cleaner or directly open https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cleanmaster.security.stubborntrjkiller.
Step 4: Click “Install” and make sure the target device is your infected device.
Step 5: Once installation is completed, open the infected device and press the “Home” key to return to the home screen.
Step 6: Quickly find and run the CM Simplelocker Cleaner app. You may need to return to step 5 if the virus interferes with you here.
Step 7: CM Simplelocker Cleaner will provide further instructions for how to finish removing the virus.

Upgrading From Android 2.2.1 (froyo) To 2.2.3 (ginjerbread), How Is It Done? / Itel P40: Designs Specification And Price / You Miss Someones Calls And Refused To Call Back Yet You Pray For Destiny Helper

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50