Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,895 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

Best Antivirus To Use - Computers (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Best Antivirus To Use (98025 Views)

10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer / Best Antivirus To Use "PC World USA" Big Review 2012" / Upgrade Or Renew Your 2010 Norton Antivirus To 2011 1year Subscription #1,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Antivirus To Use by fred2265: 3:54pm On Jan 02, 2012
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by vyard: 9:52pm On Jan 04, 2012
The anti-annoying, anti-
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by vyard: 9:54pm On Jan 04, 2012
The anti-annoying, anti-expensive,
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by toysmall: 9:44am On Jan 07, 2012
Kaspersky?
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Knetpro(m): 2:23pm On Jan 07, 2012
My first personal use of the computer dates back to the year 2000. Additionally, I have operated a computer training centre for over ten years (See http://www.kome-computers.com for details). Therefore, I have come to a greater understanding of the operations of the computer for over a decade now.

My personal interaction with the computer has taught me that antiviruses, no matter how active they may be at the time that they were first installed in a computer, can quickly go out of date with the passing of time.

Why is this so? The reason is simple. New viruses, threats and potentially harmful programs are released on the internet every single day, almost on a six-hourly basis. It is essential therefore to update antivirus databases on a regular basis. If you do not do this, your antivirus program will not detect new malicious programs.

Consequently, if your computer and antivirus scanner is not updated it will be vulnerable to any computer virus or worm that has been released since your last update. This could mean that if you have not updated your antivirus program in over a month that your computer could be infected or have the potential of being infected by dozens of different viruses and worms.

This is why many antivirus software companies release updates every hour, to ensure that users are protected against the latest malware on the internet. Ultimately, it would be beneficial to check for updates every few days, but I personally realise that not all users can do this. Therefore, I would strongly suggest that you make an effort to update your antivirus at least three times a month.

Some of the best antivirus softwares that are available include: Avast, McAfee, Rising, and so on. On the other hand, whichever antivirus software that you decide to use for your computer, it is very important that you update the antivirus program for your computer regularly.

For more information on how viruses operate and computer operations in general, please visit: http://www.kome-computers.com/free-online-computer-training-course.html.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by debtech(m): 9:17am On Jan 10, 2012
I think the best antivirus so far is the AVG antivirus software, i have used so many of them but i prefer AVG to all other ones.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by semid4lyfe(m): 4:35pm On Jan 11, 2012
I've been using Bitdefender Internet Security since 2008 and no regrets. Presently using the new, improved and ultra-secure Bitdefender Internet Security 2012.

Nothing beats Bitdefender IMO.

Re: Best Antivirus To Use by charloski(m): 6:09pm On Jan 12, 2012
please guys help with kis 2012 crack, mine as expire, and i cant find where to download anoda 1 from,, please
and i wan knw with is beta btw kis and kapersky pure,
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by rhiannaM(f): 11:00am On Jan 14, 2012
I've been using AVAST anti-virus for almost 2 years and it's very reliable. I can also update it whenever I'm connected to the internet but most of the time it automatically update itself. cheesy
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by niharika1: 6:31am On Jan 17, 2012
I think best antivirus is kespersky.It gives a total protection against virus and harmful programs.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 18, 2012
For those of us who are heavily into warez and torrents, the only antivirus we trust is Kaspersky and Norton.
Others are very disappointing
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Kbimz: 11:02am On Jan 20, 2012
@iwise, can u pls give me d keys. am having problems with ma antivirus. i tried cracking 4 avast but not working. am currently using d free version of avast nd not dat safe
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 20, 2012
I have BRAND new AND USED 16GB BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK FOR SELL, used: 60, new:75, pm me if interested: 07036694693, location: lagos
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by muhammadsa: 11:16pm On Jan 20, 2012
Join us on young programmer's forum http://www.maishanu.net/forum
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Nobody: 7:52am On Jan 26, 2012
AVG antivirus is the best! After all, I will not bother myself (buying license) for the next 6 years.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by cartterl33: 11:08am On Feb 01, 2012
avg is bester
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Kbimz: 5:44pm On Feb 01, 2012
can someone pls help me wit avast 6.0 internet security key
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by chidyke77(m): 8:02am On Feb 10, 2012
I go with the best

Re: Best Antivirus To Use by mrcheeky(m): 8:47pm On Feb 16, 2012
Avast, from a professional point of view, is the best anti-virus software, 2nd to AVG

Avast is fast, clean and easy to use. The ability of opening EXE (execution files) in Sandbox makes your system less capable of adapting viruses when downloaded a file.

AVG is really good and does the job, however it really eats the CPU slowing down the computer which can drive you insane if you have a slow system.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Alexanderjohn: 2:39pm On Feb 17, 2012
Hello,
I experience lot of anti virus,
But at least i found avast anti virus, so good. its good and easy fro use.
Velocity Micro Cruz T301 Review
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by adebayo201: 9:30am On Feb 18, 2012
Alexander_john:

Hello,
I experience lot of anti virus,
But at least i found avast anti virus, so good. its good and easy fro use.
how many years experience? wink
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by mavtrevor(m): 2:19am On Feb 19, 2012
For me i use Eset Nod32 and microsoft security essentials . They are very good antivirus and antispyware applications, easy to update, fast in scanning etc
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by crazy4cellphon: 10:08am On Feb 24, 2012
I've been using kaspersky antivirus for 5 years now, and I never found any problem. All my friends ask me to scan their flashes because when they flash them elsewhere the still keep viruses.
It happened when I was using Avira, and my computer caught a virus, Avira didn't help kick it out. I format my computer and it wouldn't go. As soon as I install avira, it catches the virus, but it won't delete it. I installed a trial version of kasper, and it helped me with it. I was satisfied many times with its work. But the only problem is that it makes your computer become a little slow.
If you've got a good computer, at 512gb ram, I recommend you Kaspersky.

Thanks smiley smiley
http://crazy4cellphones.com
http://crazy4cellphones.com/upcoming-mobiles.php
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by KayDee4: 2:51pm On Mar 01, 2012
Hmmmm, how come no one has mentioned McAffee ? (@ least over the last few pages i scanned thru)

Is it that useless ? ? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by elinstech: 6:22pm On Mar 01, 2012
Cheap Clean Us Used Blackberry Bold 5&6,torch 1&2,bold 2 &4,,curve 2&4 In Stock

We sell slightly clean USA  Used phone  and brand new phones with warranty @affordable rate.

To check for price and phone pictures Check our www.facebook.com/phoneshopng like our facebook fanpage then go to note to check for prices

NOTE:We dont sell refurbished phones or phones with IT policy .Do watch out for such phones out there from seller.Be careful when buying from other even you are not buying from us

People join www.facebook.com/phoneshopng  for constant updates on products available.

To Place your order call 08057096694 OR BB PIN:2160BC10
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by tashiaevans(m): 11:46am On Mar 02, 2012
I discover Kaspersky to be the best of all like others have said. You can get a test offer of it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (Reply)

Dos And Don'ts Of This Section / Come in for your Budget friendly US|UK used Laptop deals (Updated) / How To Crack An Encrypted Winrar Archive Without Password?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.