Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,278 members, 7,780,633 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:11 PM

Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) (49051 Views)

R.kelly Mind Blowing Performance At The Voice Surprise Blind Audition Gone Viral / Deepest We Have Gone Into Ocean / My Advice To Airforce1 And Other Nairaland Upcoming Acts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 15, 2015
DjHypno:
Yeah 750DF4B1
Just sent u an invite
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by Generalkorex(m): 11:29am On Jun 15, 2015
DjHypno:
That song is almost 3 yrs old. I know the song.
3years!
No cos I heard their interview that day the song was their lastest single according to them dat day.
It was late last year that I downloaded it that day.
It was bob airplane's mixtape
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by sipsip(m): 11:30am On Jun 15, 2015
kaydee:
@ OP
Just like most Nigerians,you don't understand music genre. Instead of the specific Hip Hop acts when most of the acts can't even be categorised as Hip Hop, Music is a general and better substitute.

You that knows 'music'. O ka re.
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by haul: 11:30am On Jun 15, 2015
sylarsquins:

I have the shock therapy album n it aint der
I hear you brother
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by scentmarlc(m): 11:30am On Jun 15, 2015
stobery:

SCENTMARLC

Oga mii sir. I hail oooo
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by fm25odumoye(m): 11:31am On Jun 15, 2015
Well, people come and people go.... A time wld come when this same issue would be raised on 2face, d'banj, wizkid and the likes that are still in vogue. Not that they don't know how to do it anymore, but simply because God has an appointed and specific time for every human. The only thing is, while the ovation is loud, it's better to make ur impact known so that the world would give one a pat on d back and one would also b able to look back and say thank u Lord

2 Likes

Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 15, 2015
haul:

I hear you brother
Well its a nice song, leme check if its online
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by nonjebose(m): 11:32am On Jun 15, 2015
Inkredible:
What happened you say?
Well they didn't adapt with the ever changing hip hop wave.... We stopped buying their albums We stopped calling them for shows
Well, all in all they gave up and we gave up on them........
Exactly

1 Like

Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by 9jatatafo(m): 11:35am On Jun 15, 2015
sipsip:

Thanks boss. I see you!
I see you too bro!!! 5 bottles of orijin for you and a plate of ukwobi
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by DjHypno(m): 11:35am On Jun 15, 2015
I heared that song almost two years back, they are always coming for a Rap show at Koko Lounge back then every Thursday, I guess they didn't drop it till when you said you heared their interview then.
Generalkorex:

3years!
No cos I heard their interview that day the song was their lastest single according to them dat day.
It was late last year that I downloaded it that day.
It was bob airplane's mixtape
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by Tolubory(m): 11:36am On Jun 15, 2015
sipsip:
I have followed the modern Nigerian music industry from time immemorial, Nigerian hip-hop specifically. I can boast of my vast knowledge on this. So, I have been thinking… Whatever happened to some of these guys we ‘believe die’ back then? I want answers from those of you who are also deep in the game. Ok, Some of them musicians are highlighted below:

RUFF RUGGED AND RAW – The hottest hardcore rap group in Nigeria, Ruff, Rugged and Raw, made up of two brothers, “B-RITE” (Kingsley Ayovunaduo) and “HANGMAN” (David Ayovunaduo), has taken the radio and club scene in London by storm with the club banging single “WETIN DEY,” produced by Paul Play (C.E.O. PLAYGROUND ENTERTAINMENT). they did lots of collabos with Pauplay single FOREVER and with the MTV award wining 2face Idibia, 9ice (Plantation Boyz) and many more. .. but since then… yeah, you guessed right. Thin air!

TIMI ( DA TRYBE) – Remember Timi of the defunct Da Tribe? The ‘free me’artist? Timi can be classified amongst artistes that came after the first onslaught of this present wave of Nigerian music. A member of d ‘trybe collective, that offshoot of theTrybesmen responsible for that feel good jam of the early 2ks ‘Oya’, Timi would go on to score some solo points of his own with ‘Na Flash’- an ode to the high tariffs and peculiarities of owners of the then newly acquired GSM(does anybody still say geezm?) phones. Timi’s name would ring for a bit in 2004 then… halt! Disappeared into thin air.

C-mion – “Girl the way you shake it, you don’t even break it, you making me want more, lalalalalala….” Then… thin air!

SIX FOOT PLUS – Most of us know him… loved him. ‘Anwuli’ was an anthem, especially in Abuja. He had the height, the swag… and then, thin air!

B.O.U.Q.U.I
- Born Bukola Folayan to HRH OBA (prof) Ololade Folayan 1st, also a professor of Biochemistry and a professional teacher mother, she alongside her other five siblings grew up in an academic atmosphere of the Obafemi Awolowo University (Ile-Ife) and this served as a big influence for her deep lyrical style and cosmopolitan outlook. The album titled B.O.U.Q.U.I was her debut and the album can be referred to as a two in one package due to the fact that it contains a record breaking fourteen tracks and four skits, the highest by any debutant in the Nigerian music industry. Bla blab la bla, and she just disappeared.

KASH 11 - Born Ojutiku Azeez Olanrewaju popularly known as KASH-11{kash-imawo “kash”,while the 11 from the tribal mark on his face}.was born, raised in Lagos island, Lagos state, Nigeria. The “I AM LAGOS ISLAND Jooooo” crooner started rapping in 1994, form a group called D-L-B with his brothers Dapo Balogun a.k.a DJ METHALIC and Bayo Balogun a. k. a BRASSBELL . He was a rave at somepoiint in 2008 - 2011… Now nko? Story.

X-Appeal - Jazzman Olofin and Lexy Doo were known as the X-Appeal. That was in 2000. The group was better known for the hit song, Baby Skeske, a number from their maiden and only album, which was released in 2001. X- Appeal broke off with the members going solo. While Lexy Doo seem to have completely faded out of the music scene, his ex-partner is still struggling to remain relevant by recording a few unsuccessful albums in the last few years.

ZULE ZOO- Ibrahim Alhassan and Michael Aboh, two multi-talented young Nigerians, founded the group known as Zule Zoo. Many music fans found it difficult to ignore this group, whose lyrical creativity and bias for a style that is deeply rooted in Nigerian culture was exceptional. Zule Zoo’s first hit song, Kerewa, which brought them instant fame across Africa, was banned by the Nigerian Censor’s Board because it was deeply laced with sexual innuendoes. Nobody knows exactly what led to the break-up of Zule Zoo. But it was rumoured that Aboh was afflicted with madness for his role in the composition of a particular song that had offended a deity in his home town in Benue State.

Styl-Plus - Originally known as STYL, this group was formed in 1997 in Abuja and comprised four members. In 1999, after the death of Lanre Faneyi, Zeal Onyecheme joined the group and it was renamed Styl-Plus. In 2002, Yemi Akinwonmi left the group to pursue another career. Styl-Plus’s maiden album was a great hit. The second album did not do so well in the market, and now… thin air!

EDDIE REMEDY – Do I really need to introduce Eddie Montana, Eddie Brown? Chai. I believed this guy then sha oo. His voice was golden. Songs like ‘shakamo’ ‘shade’.. Hmmm… what kennis music did to you my brother. Eya… Thin air!

TONY TETUILA - Anthony[b][/b] Olanrewaju Awotoye, better known as Tony Tetuila, is an Afro hip hop artist from Nigeria. His name, Olanrewaju, means "My wealth is the future". Formerly a member of The Remedies (along with Eedris Abdulkareem and Eddy Montana), he split with the group and has been successful as a solo artist with his biggest hits like ‘my car’, ín love with 2 women’. Tony Tetuila’s music career now is… zero. And abeg, don’t tell me he’s old na. 2face nko? Anyway, he emerged in 2014 running as a politician for Kwara State's House of Assembly under APC party, but chickened out at the end.

SASHA P - Sasha came into the limelight at a time when there were very few Nigerian women in Hip Hop music. Subsequently, her success helped pave the way for other female rappers and musicians in Nigerian hip hop.[7] She began musical collaborations and was signed in to eLDee's Trybe records.[8][9] Sasha was the most prominent female artists in Nigeria in the 2000’s, especially after the successful release of her debut album "First Lady" under her record label STORM. She has been nominated for various awards in Nigeria and abroad, but we cannot deceive ourselves.. her music isn’t there no more.

To cut the story short, the list goes on … WALE THOMPSON, DR. ALBAN, RASQUE, BLACK TRIBE, BANTU, EMEM, PAUL PLAY DAIRO, 419 SQUAD, LAGBAJA, MUMA GEE, WEIRD MC, Etc. Question is, WHAT HAPPENED? WHERE ARE THEY ALL NOW?
Cc lalasticlala, ishilove.
Dem still dey nah
Some dey work under ground nah,
Mostly all of dem still dey...
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by dave2meek(m): 11:38am On Jun 15, 2015
I don't know some of them
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by unknown87: 11:40am On Jun 15, 2015
moscobabs:
Azadus nko?
Him dey stay around Ejigbo kiss
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by Exceptionalkeil(m): 11:41am On Jun 15, 2015
what of that guy wey sing “ Maga don pay, shout halleluyah... Mugu don pay shout halleluyah...
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by Papasmal(m): 11:41am On Jun 15, 2015
What abt Blackface,Maverlous benjy,Jazzman olofin and Rasqy.

1 Like

Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by ihatebuhari(f): 11:42am On Jun 15, 2015
Emodeee:

Even dis ur hate for buhari will turn to LOVE cos ntn lasts forever
hahahahahaha
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by ihatebuhari(f): 11:42am On Jun 15, 2015
Emodeee:

Even dis ur hate for buhari will turn to LOVE cos ntn lasts forever
hahaahahaha
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by nickyvil: 11:44am On Jun 15, 2015
ziqqz:
AirForce1 grin cheesy smiley

But seriously, which one do you know worldwide that lasted forever??

All must take a bow and sign out at some point. Good riddance to some!

2pac, big biggy after dead they still live through their music....

Nigeria I've forgotten the name but the person that sang 'Odun Lo So pin O' He's dead but he lives through his music.
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by gbola97(m): 11:46am On Jun 15, 2015
what is it that my guy on nairaland the hip hop sensation that yet released his album for the past five years the one and only airforce is not on the list
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by ZeezaRapture(m): 11:47am On Jun 15, 2015
elantraceey:
I only know style - plus and sasha

So

Who ask you??undecidedundecided
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by Generalkorex(m): 11:48am On Jun 15, 2015
DjHypno:
I heared that song almost two years back, they are always coming for a Rap show at Koko Lounge back then every Thursday, I guess they didn't drop it till when you said you heared their interview then.
ok
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by Mufasa27(m): 11:50am On Jun 15, 2015
6foot plus, My favorite rap artist back then !
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by makavele: 11:50am On Jun 15, 2015
Morachi ??

Sunny Neji ?
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by olisa4(m): 11:52am On Jun 15, 2015
bushdoc9919:
I miss Six foot plus.

E don do me! grin
you sabi music...
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by Lyndylove: 11:58am On Jun 15, 2015
Oh! How I miss Styl-plus! I recently downloaded Imagine that and I wondered what happened. Pls, you guys should come back. In tears cry
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by nickyvil: 12:01pm On Jun 15, 2015
Kinglekan abeg helep me call airforce1 here e don try Wey I don hear am last his album never drop
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by BornnAgainChild(f): 12:02pm On Jun 15, 2015
[quote author=sipsip post=34785530]I have followed the modern Nigerian music industry from time immemorial, Nigerian hip-hop specifically. I can boast of my vast knowledge on this. So, I have been thinking… Whatever happened to some of these guys we ‘believe die’ back then? I want answers from those of you who are also deep in the game. Ok, Some of them musicians are highlighted below:

Please add AZADUS to that list

1 Like

Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by omaji53jeremiah: 12:04pm On Jun 15, 2015
their time has expired they have to leave.
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by hadura29(m): 12:04pm On Jun 15, 2015
Femsyn:
Saying Lagbaja has gone into oblivion, is equal to saying, you don't follow his works. Weird MC is hanging there, some where.

I was even surprised to see lagbaja on hip hop list, this Op must be high on something. I guess he is "mumu mumu mumu". He doesn't follow lagbaja's music.

He's part of the set of musicians that don't just bring out album coz of money, they sing to pass messages.

1 Like

Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by ChynoBEATS: 12:07pm On Jun 15, 2015
sipsip:
I have followed the modern Nigerian music industry from time immemorial, Nigerian hip-hop specifically. I can boast of my vast knowledge on this. So, I have been thinking… Whatever happened to some of these guys we ‘believe die’ back then? I want answers from those of you who are also deep in the game. Ok, Some of them musicians are highlighted below:

SIX FOOT PLUS 6FP ??...... But he's a pastor na

B.O.U.Q.U.I - the last time i heard about her .........i heard she's now an artiste proMoter "gospel artiste promoter"

SASHA P she's now a fashion designer ....

Well I can see that you've forgotten

Cashino n Naughty Pin"the Emcee with Afro"
Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by hadura29(m): 12:08pm On Jun 15, 2015
nickyvil:

2pac, big biggy after dead they still live through their music....

Nigeria I've forgotten the name but the person that sang 'Odun Lo So pin O' He's dead but he lives through his music.

Bros dem never die ooo, dey are CAC good women choir and I think few of them are still alive sha...

Dat song na evergreen man....

What about "amona te te ma bo"

1 Like

Re: Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) by Cannonleo(m): 12:13pm On Jun 15, 2015
brymo nko

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Please Help Me With The Lyrics Of "AKANAM KWE" / The Legend Of The Rainmaker – Majek Fashek / Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.