Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,279 members, 7,780,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:20 PM

Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every - Sports (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every (100500 Views)

Dead Referee 'Appointed' To Officiate Nigerian League Match / Enyimba Wins The Nigerian League For A Record 7th Time / Nigerian League Best 11 Of All Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (78) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 11:34pm On Aug 08, 2010
Come o, when did the FA cup start? How come nobody announced the scores for that?

When are we going to see the new NPL Chairman, Obaseki finished since last year, this country get k leg everyday
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by medjai(m): 11:50pm On Aug 08, 2010
If Enyimba wins the FA cup, Kaduna United will still play in the Confederations cup because Enyimba have already qualified for Champions league. Kaduna Utd will qualify as FA cup winners. So as it is now, the teams that will be playing in the continent are:
Enyimba and Kano Pillars(champions league)
Sunishine and Kaduna Utd(confed cup)
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by semid4lyfe(m): 12:05am On Aug 09, 2010
honeric01:

Sorry i couldn't watch it, was wetted by the rain on my way back from church, had to take a nap, woke up late. Good to know they won pillars again for the 2nd time in a roll, well, good, they have shown that they are the best this season (Locally), but poo internationally (this season).

Let see what the new season's got for them and the rest. Once more congratulation to Enyimba. cool

Your bad-belle na im go kill you. You couldn't resist chipping in the bolded part, could you? grin grin Wonder what your adoptedclub, Kano Pillars achieved this season grin grin

Anyway I'm too happy to be daunted in my celebration. Nzobu nzobu Enyimba eyi, nzobu Enyimba eyi.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by cj24: 12:56am On Aug 09, 2010
We intend buying a space in the nigeria league[ dont worry we have a credible plan to ask teams to gain promotion] then we buy their space while our stadium is being built, Lagos football televison before launch and a LAGOS SUPER BOWL in concerdance with the NFL american football series, with 4 foreign teams, musician team, 4 big african team in launching our team. this stadium is joined with a park and others.

Our strategy is the high franchise value just like manchester city and chelsea. we intend bidding for the biggest african players, Aboutrika, tsabalala, top scorer Geedofrom the egyptian league who scored most goals in the African cup of nations, chinese left back and other nigeria home grown talent. We have a lot in stock for Nigeria football.
Therefore all I need is your positive comments as we wrap dealwith investors. Thanks

These will set us apart from every club in Africa and our sporting success will consolidate on that

A revolution is coming to Nigeria football ------------Watch out. Thanks be unto Jesus. bye
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by medjai(m): 1:24am On Aug 09, 2010
Dis Guy:

Come o, when did the FA cup start? How come nobody announced the scores for that?

When are we going to see the new NPL Chairman, Obaseki finished since last year, this country get k leg everyday
The FA cup was on while the world cup was going on. The preliminary round started on 14th June. The date for the final is still unknown but it will played at the Teslim Balogun stadium in Lagos.
As for NPL chairman, Davidson Owumi was sworn in sometime around March. He won the election.
BTW: I think it's time we adopted the standard way of playing FA cup, that is, it should run through the season just like it's done in Europe.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 1:40am On Aug 09, 2010
Dis Guy:

Obaseki is no longer the chairman, his tenure has since elapsed (March), the new chairman is Davidson Owunmi, i thought you knew this long enough.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 1:43am On Aug 09, 2010
cj 24:

We intend buying a space in the nigeria league[ dont worry we have a credible plan to ask teams to gain promotion] then we buy their space while our stadium is being built, Lagos football televison before launch and a LAGOS SUPER BOWL in concerdance with the NFL american football series, with 4 foreign teams, musician team, 4 big african team in launching our team. this stadium is joined with a park and others.

Our strategy is the high franchise value just like manchester city and chelsea. we intend bidding for the biggest african players, Aboutrika, tsabalala, top scorer Geedofrom the egyptian league who scored most goals in the African cup of nations, chinese left back and other nigeria home grown talent. We have a lot in stock for Nigeria football.
Therefore all I need is your positive comments as we wrap dealwith investors. Thanks

These will set us apart from every club in Africa and our sporting success will consolidate on that

A revolution is coming to Nigeria football ------------Watch out. Thanks be unto Jesus. bye

So you are already building a stadium in Lagos? where is that located if i may ask?

more questions to come.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 4:03am On Aug 09, 2010
cj24 sounds like luckiest re-incarnated

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-238138.96.html#msg3910868

CJ 24, have you ever been in charge of a sports event? What have you done before job wise?

reminds of of that guy that host sports biz on Ait, dropping off million dollar figure here and there and laughing out loud to himself
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 4:13am On Aug 09, 2010
medjai:

The FA cup was on while the world cup was going on. The preliminary round started on 14th June. The date for the final is still unknown but it will played at the Teslim Balogun stadium in Lagos.
As for NPL chairman, Davidson Owumi was sworn in sometime around March. He won the election.
BTW: I think it's time we adopted the standard way of playing FA cup, that is, it should run through the season just like it's done in Europe.

I thought the elections were annulled if you notice theres no interview or comment from him since, and why have they still got a website i thought the northerners were always blamed for being incompetent and backwards the southerners are not doing anything different

exactly, i dont get how they want to stretch everything through the year without a break during the summer or even rainy season, at least the younger players or subs can get a chance to show their worth in the team, if HitV wont bid for the rights make them give am to startime or is it starplus with NTA  grin
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 4:16am On Aug 09, 2010
Good News

Danny Jordaan to run for CAF presidency
27 Jul 2010
News24

JOHANNESBURG — Danny Jordaan will contest the presidency of the Confederation of African Football (CAF) with Issa Hayatou.

According to the South African Football Association (Safa), Jordaan’s name will be put forward ahead of the 2011 CAF general elections.

Safa vice president Mwelo Nonkonyana says his organisation has lofty ideals about improving soccer in Africa, and feels that Jordaan is the right man to oversee its vision.

He told Sunday World: “Our position is clear. We want to transform soccer, not only in Africa, but in the rest of the world.”

Nonkonyana added that Safa has no intention of stepping on anybody’s toes, but is determined in its resolve.

“We have already consulted extensively in this regard.

“We have to know CAF’s views. We don’t want to antagonise people. We wish to make a difference,” he added.

“Change must come, but it must be a change for the better.

“We will nominate a person with extensive knowledge of the game, and a person who has demonstrated those qualities is Danny Jordaan.”
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by FBS: 7:35am On Aug 09, 2010
Where is that boy honeric01? always yarning banana about Enyimba.
Kano Pillars this. . .KP that. They play better and all the re re re:

Where the heck is that guy? What do you have to say now? tongue grin
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by medjai(m): 9:44am On Aug 09, 2010
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 3:55pm On Aug 09, 2010
^^ typical, na so so fight and court battles

Lets see how Okocha and Odegbami handle theirs
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 4:46pm On Aug 09, 2010
Dis Guy:

Good News

I can't wait to seeing Hayatou leave that post. angry
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 4:53pm On Aug 09, 2010
@FBS
I already congratulated you guys, abi wetin else u want? tongue tongue
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 5:20pm On Aug 09, 2010
NPL Congress at Ijebu-Ode's Stadium.

The Congress, held behind closed doors and headed by newly elected Chairman, Davidson Owumi lasted for more about five hours, two and a half hours more than its stipulated time because the officials failed to reach a compromise on some unresolved issues.

The Congress, which met to ratify the relegation of some clubs, including Bayelsa United, nearly lost its bearing when the chairman of Bayelsa, Victor Baribote and some aggrieved members of NPL threw caution into the wind.

Tables and chairs inside the Press’ Mix Zone, venue of the Congress were turned upside down by Baribote and his aggrieved colleagues, who claimed that Owumi has no locus-standi to adjudicate on the annual event of the Premier League body.

While the crisis was dragging, and about to enter what looked a a physical combat between Baribote and other officials, a distress call was made to the former NPL boss, Oyuiki Obaseki, who quickly came to rescue the situation.

Obaseki, in his wisdom managed the occasion by urging the aggrieved members of the body to embrace and support Owumi, whom he described as an authentic Chairman of NPL.

“I attended the NPL elections and saw that Owumi’s election was democratic. The election was free and fair and so, there is no reason to fight or disturb him from doing his legitimate duties”, Obaseki told the Congress.

Baribote,however left the venue in anger, insisting that he would ensure Owumi is removed from his position, adding that his club, Bayelsa would not play in the lower division this season.

By Tunde Oyedele,Ijebu-Ode

Obaseki is highly needed in the NFF, he has reputation and his experience should not be pushed away.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by ow11(m): 7:01pm On Aug 09, 2010
I have to cut cap for Enyimba o. . . They are currently dominating the Nigerian League like Manchester United of the 90s and easily the most popular Nigerian club outside Nigeria!!

All Enyimba fans good luck in the FA cup finals BUT you will NEVER beat Sharks in PH again! Lai Lai!
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by semid4lyfe(m): 11:05pm On Aug 09, 2010
This Victor Baribote na noise maker. He's always causing trouble every time.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 11:19pm On Aug 09, 2010
How do multiple clubs present in a state get their funding

Like who is going to sponsor Bukola Babes and Kwara Utd now? do they both belong to the state govt?
that means sports budget will have to go up next season?

I think Fashola should try to entice one of the premier league clubs with no fixed abode back to Lagos state then re-brand them, im sure he can use one of his PPP ideas to get them cash well well

I read the lagos international youth Championship was a disaster 234Next
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by semid4lyfe(m): 1:12am On Aug 10, 2010
Dis Guy:

Like who is going to sponsor Bukola Babes and Kwara Utd now? do they both belong to the state govt?

Me sef dey wonder but the gist is that Bukola Babes is closer to the heart of the Governor than Kwara United. A Sports Analyst quoted Governor Saraki as saying he's going to show Nigerians how to run a football club professionally with Bukola Babes.
Dis Guy:
I think Fashola should try to entice one of the premier league clubs with no fixed abode back to Lagos state then re-brand them, im sure he can use one of his PPP ideas to get them cash well well

Not a bad idea particularly with the presence of the Teslim Balogun Stadium.

Dis Guy:
I read the lagos international youth Championship was a disaster 234Next

I'll attribute the empty stadium to the low publicity given to the competition. I only got to know of the competition thru' Nairaland. Didn't hear or see an advert on radio and tv. Even the sports newspapers didn't give it adequate coverage & reporting.

On Lagos United losing, that's what you get when you field real Nigerian U-17's. Besides don't forget, the other teams - Fc Utrecht, Liberty Fc & SuperSports United are all clubsides and just came with their U-17 teams unlike the Lagos team that was just an assemblage of secondary school boys that participated in the last Principal Club.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by medjai(m): 5:53pm On Aug 10, 2010
honeric01:

NPL Congress at Ijebu-Ode's Stadium.

The Congress, held behind closed doors and headed by newly elected Chairman, Davidson Owumi lasted for more about five hours, two and a half hours more than its stipulated time because the officials failed to reach a compromise on some unresolved issues.

The Congress, which met to ratify the relegation of some clubs, including Bayelsa United, nearly lost its bearing when the chairman of Bayelsa, Victor Baribote and some aggrieved members of NPL threw caution into the wind.

Tables and chairs inside the Press’ Mix Zone, venue of the Congress were turned upside down by Baribote and his aggrieved colleagues, who claimed that Owumi has no locus-standi to adjudicate on the annual event of the Premier League body.

While the crisis was dragging, and about to enter what looked a a physical combat between Baribote and other officials, a distress call was made to the former NPL boss, Oyuiki Obaseki, who quickly came to rescue the situation.

Obaseki, in his wisdom managed the occasion by urging the aggrieved members of the body to embrace and support Owumi, whom he described as an authentic Chairman of NPL.

“I attended the NPL elections and saw that Owumi’s election was democratic. The election was free and fair and so, there is no reason to fight or disturb him from doing his legitimate duties”, Obaseki told the Congress.

Baribote,however left the venue in anger, insisting that he would ensure Owumi is removed from his position, adding that his club, Bayelsa would not play in the lower division this season.

By Tunde Oyedele,Ijebu-Ode

Obaseki is highly needed in the NFF, he has reputation and his experience should not be pushed away.
i guess this means that Bayelsa United's relegation has been ratified
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by medjai(m): 5:55pm On Aug 10, 2010
Enyimba threaten to boycott Federation Cup final Defending champions of the Federation Cup, Enyimba International, have threatened not to defend the title in Sunday's final scheduled to take place at the Sani Abacha stadium for security reasons.

Enyimba won the premier league by two points ahead of Kano Pillars whom they beat in the last league match 2-1 to guarantee the title. The Aba team also inflicted another 2-1 win on Pillars on Sunday to win the Super 4 trophy.

Chairman of the club, Anyansi Agwu said his club may have to stay away from the final against Kaduna United in Kano unless they get a formal guarantee for their safety from the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).

"We have written a protest letter to the Nigeria Football Federation on the conduct of Kano Pillars and what happened (alleged attack on one Enyimba officials in Ijebu-Ode), If they (NFF) cannot give us a written guarantee for the safety of the lives of our players and officials, it is better we hand over the Federation Cup to Kaduna United than to risk our lives going to Kano for the match" Agwu said.

The final of the Federation Cup was initially meant to be held in Lagos before it was moved to Kano; a move many soccer pundits questioned as Lagos state hosted a very successful final last year.

Similar fate

Tonex Chukwu, the club's media officer, added that Enyimba had a terrible experience the last time it played the Cup semi final match in Kano and would not want to leave anything to chance hence the request for security guarantees from the NFF.

"We were actually attacked when we played our semi final match in the same venue; our widescreen was smashed by some disgruntled people who claimed to be fans so if we are asking for concrete security to be in place now we are not asking for too much," he said.

After winning the Super 4 trophy at the weekend the Peoples' Elephants aim to win the Federation Cup to complete a treble before the new league season commences on September 25.

The team defeated Sharks 1-0 at last year's final played at the Teslim Balogun Stadium in Lagos.

NPL punishes Pillars

Meanwhile, The Nigeria Premier League (NPL) has come down hard on Kano Pillars Football Club over their unruly behaviour in the last match of the Super 4 tournament against Enyimba in Ijebu Ode on Sunday.

According to a release by the Acting Executive Secretary of the NPL, Tunji Babalola, the punishment will act as a deterrent to other clubs on how to conduct themselves in every match.

"The Kano Pillars official, Ali Adamu is hereby banned from all NPL activities for three years for jumping out of the substitute bench to attack the referee and assistant referee in the match against Enyimba during the Super Four.

"Sani Haliru who was in goal for the Kano side is also banned from football for six months for his acts," Babalola said.

"Kano Pillars will have to pay a fine of N500, 000 before they are registered for next season. The team will also be warned to make sure their officials conform to the rules of the game or face further sanctions.

"The vision of the new board of the NPL, is to stop every act that will not help improve the game in the country and no stone will be left unturned to make sure that sanity prevails in the Premier League," Babalola said.

Kano Pillars Coach Salisu Yusuf said the ban on the team's goalkeeper will not affect them as the other keepers are capable replacements while also revealing that one more goalkeeper will be recruited before the start of the new season. He declined to comment further about the punishment.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 5:58pm On Aug 10, 2010
I'll attribute the empty stadium to the low publicity given to the competition. I only got to know of the competition thru' Nairaland. Didn't hear or see an advert on radio and tv. Even the sports newspapers didn't give it adequate coverage & reporting.

perhaps they were not looking to make any profit from the tournament or even achieve anything, if they can be bothered to publicise the event with all the Lagos state publicity machinery

11 millions Naira to each foreign team no be beans o
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 5:59pm On Aug 10, 2010
Dis Guy:

I think he has got some private companies lined up to take over Bukola babes come next season, let's just wait and see what happens.

Dis Guy:

I read the lagos international youth Championship was a disaster

Well, which club do you think might want to come to Lagos? some of them believe Lagos is jinxed and brings them bad luck lol.

As for the Lagos international youth championship being a disaster, i don't understand what the website meant by the word "disaster" because i saw no "disaster" throughout the tournament. so maybe they need to come tell us the disaster they saw we didn't see.

If it's the turn out they meant, well I'd be glad to burst their bubbles, the tourney is a young one and is really for the kids, 70% of the crowed were kids and we all know in Nigeria that kids are not always allowed to leave home without a elderly person to accompany them.

And for Adults not showing up, some of them didn't know there was a tournament going on, though i saw it on billboards, LTV and heard from brila fm, the timing was kinda not flexible for adults because most of them were probably at work (3pm) and might be too tired to come watch kids play after work.

Other than these, everything i saw on TV went well and was okay, even the officiating was average and cool.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 6:00pm On Aug 10, 2010
these NPL officials are so dumb, how many times has this punishment of banning people worked?

Since the police is there why cant they just arrest them and take them to court for physical assault and make sure they get a conviction, by the time players start sleeping in prison and excluded for further matches they will behave
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 6:02pm On Aug 10, 2010
medjai:

i guess this means that Bayelsa United's relegation has been ratified

Bayelsa United is surely going to be relegated, they are just making noise, i want to see what they are going to do when the season starts proper, since no match is going to be hosted there, are they going to go to other states to make trouble or what?

And if they refuse to play in the lower division, there are other Div 2 clubs ready to take their place grin
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 6:05pm On Aug 10, 2010
Dis Guy:

perhaps they were not looking to make any profit from the tournament or even achieve anything, if they can be bothered to publicise the event with all the Lagos state publicity machinery

11 millions Naira to each foreign team no be beans o

Yes, they really didn't organize it for profit purpose, i think it was to test-run to see how it goes.

Lagos will soon kick off a local government league comprising of all the 57 local government, 1 club from each LGA, what i want to know is if there's going to be age restriction or not.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 6:07pm On Aug 10, 2010
Dis Guy:

these NPL officials are so dumb, how many times has this punishment of banning people worked?

Since the police is there why cant they just arrest them and take them to court for physical assault and make sure they get a conviction, by the time players start sleeping in prison and excluded for further matches they will behave

I also want to see the bolded part executed.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 6:56pm On Aug 10, 2010
What your take , i see many ex- players contesting for positions in the NFF, are they really going to make a difference?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 9:10pm On Aug 10, 2010
^^
One can't say until they are allowed in there.

I think we only have 4 ex-footballers are vying for positions or do you know more?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 10:34am On Aug 14, 2010
the nff presidential debate is live on ait now, if you love nigerian football, please tune in to ait right now!!!
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by dominique(f): 11:03am On Aug 14, 2010
^^^ sorry can't. who do you think is the best contender? updates plzzz.

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (78) (Reply)

Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? / Emenike Displays Ojukwu, Okwaraji, Yekini, Keshi's Pictures In His Mansion / Free Betting Tips For Sure Winning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.