Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

Photos Showing How Local Gin 'ogogoro' Is Brewed In Nigeria - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Photos Showing How Local Gin 'ogogoro' Is Brewed In Nigeria (48294 Views)

How Local Barber Mutilated Kano Bride (photo) / Disadvantage Of Dry Gin (OGOGORO) / Photos Showing How Local Gin 'ogogoro' Is Brewed In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Showing How Local Gin 'ogogoro' Is Brewed In Nigeria by borlarge(m): 3:55am On Jun 16, 2015
Hmmmn
Re: Photos Showing How Local Gin 'ogogoro' Is Brewed In Nigeria by Kx: 3:57am On Jun 16, 2015
3ace:
You take a sip, you squeeze your face after an unbearable hot sensation in your throat and chest and they say it's enjoyable?

Is it not equally so with Henesy, Moet, whiskey, Brandy, London dry gin and d likes?
Re: Photos Showing How Local Gin 'ogogoro' Is Brewed In Nigeria by ugodean8485(f): 4:14am On Jun 16, 2015
Hmmmmmn what an appalling sight to behold. Little wonder all those ogogoro addicts end up really dirty . for pregnant women who say the drink makes their child fresh in the womb,I wish you guys well.
Re: Photos Showing How Local Gin 'ogogoro' Is Brewed In Nigeria by bdbest2(m): 4:16am On Jun 16, 2015
I see.

For ur OTG Flash Drive: plz check my Signature.

Re: Photos Showing How Local Gin 'ogogoro' Is Brewed In Nigeria by Bifwoli: 4:27am On Jun 16, 2015
ugodean8485:
Hmmmmmn what an appalling sight to behold. Little wonder all those ogogoro addicts end up really dirty . for pregnant women who say the drink makes their child fresh in the womb,I wish you guys well.

Same appalling brewing conditions in Uganda too.Watch Vice News youtube documentary titled "Uganda's moonshine epidemic" if you dare stand the appalling sight.
Re: Photos Showing How Local Gin 'ogogoro' Is Brewed In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:31am On Jun 16, 2015
No wonder kidney disease and diabetes are dropping Nigerians daily. cry
Re: Photos Showing How Local Gin 'ogogoro' Is Brewed In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:33am On Jun 16, 2015
See how dirty that guy is, i'm sure he'll be sampling one cup of the blood sucking drink everyday.
Ogogoro. Ewwwwwww.
Re: Photos Showing How Local Gin 'ogogoro' Is Brewed In Nigeria by izzy4shizzy(m): 4:41am On Jun 16, 2015
olatade:
Its called brukutu here in the north

brukutu is diffrnt

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Showing How Local Gin 'ogogoro' Is Brewed In Nigeria by Nafikowa: 4:44am On Jun 16, 2015
That brewing environment is DIRTY, even pigs will not stay there, talk more of consuming anything from there.

kodded:
you dey mind them

Hear in calabar the place is always clean

I wonder na for which kind village be that ? undecided
Re: Photos Showing How Local Gin 'ogogoro' Is Brewed In Nigeria by Born2eatPussy(m): 4:44am On Jun 16, 2015
If you wanna get so high.
With 20 naira you can buy 4 shots & get so drunk.

Long live akpuru-achia(drink & squeeze face ) drinkers.
Re: Photos Showing How Local Gin 'ogogoro' Is Brewed In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:49am On Jun 16, 2015
madridguy:
SAY NO TO OGOGORO

SAY YES TO GOOD HEALTH.

Original ogogoro is medicinal

1 Like

Re: Photos Showing How Local Gin 'ogogoro' Is Brewed In Nigeria by Raiders: 4:59am On Jun 16, 2015
The FG should ban ogogoro

1 Like

Re: Photos Showing How Local Gin 'ogogoro' Is Brewed In Nigeria by phabulux: 5:00am On Jun 16, 2015
ibkgab001:
Hen hen so I see reason why some guys run mad after consuming them

You see? That's an effing surprise!
Re: Photos Showing How Local Gin 'ogogoro' Is Brewed In Nigeria by phabulux: 5:01am On Jun 16, 2015
pDude:
No wonder kidney disease and diabetes are dropping Nigerians daily. cry

Oops!
Re: Photos Showing How Local Gin 'ogogoro' Is Brewed In Nigeria by lagcity(m): 5:05am On Jun 16, 2015
Ogogoro no dey kill. Na d mumus wey go add methanol cause dis wahala.
Re: Photos Showing How Local Gin 'ogogoro' Is Brewed In Nigeria by Spells(m): 5:07am On Jun 16, 2015
This ogogoro is for everybody and for nobody oh......the word brew is too big for this ogogoro of a tin...lets use mix. Cos ogogoro is not brewed nor produced or manufactured, but it is mixed..
Re: Photos Showing How Local Gin 'ogogoro' Is Brewed In Nigeria by AnneMomoh: 5:07am On Jun 16, 2015
olatade:
Its called brukutu here in the north

burkutu is local beer not ogogoro

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Showing How Local Gin 'ogogoro' Is Brewed In Nigeria by phabulux: 5:10am On Jun 16, 2015
Kx:

Is it not equally so with Henesy, Moet, whiskey, Brandy, London dry gin and d likes?

My chairman, we are hard-boiled hypocrites in this country. The fellow you quoted and others like him come online to appear righteous, but, we all know they live boring, sad and fruitless lives. They do worse things that don't bear printing. They also sound childish. Go through the comments again and tell me if they don't sound like the whinings of kindergarten kids.

1 Like

Re: Photos Showing How Local Gin 'ogogoro' Is Brewed In Nigeria by dwayni: 5:12am On Jun 16, 2015
martyns303:
Trust CNN to always cover news like this, never will you see them cover something positive.

I swear to God if I was in Nigeria I will never let BBC CNN or any one of these stupiddd asss news agencies to cover crap like this in Nigeria. Those international medias are fool of shiiit
Re: Photos Showing How Local Gin 'ogogoro' Is Brewed In Nigeria by easystudy101: 5:13am On Jun 16, 2015
badassProdigy:
These photos shared by CNN's Christian Purefoy show how local gin popularly known as Ogogoro is brewed in Nigeria.

Ogogoro has been banned in Nigeria following the death of 66 people in Rivers state and over 20 in Ondo state due to contamination...

CHIROC conspiracy tins!!!!

Ogogoro has been brewed in naija for centuries, now the have started endorsing celebrities, our local gin is not good anymore
Re: Photos Showing How Local Gin 'ogogoro' Is Brewed In Nigeria by phabulux: 5:17am On Jun 16, 2015
neutrotoba:
How will people not die?? Answer that angry

Let me answer you with three words: READ YOUR BOOKS!

So, despite several attempts made by some well-meaning Nigerians to edify you, you still don't know that there's a difference between methanol and ethanol. They both smell the same and taste almost the same. However, one is toxic, the other is not.

The truth of the matter is that some of these ogogoro drinkers will still outlive you.
Re: Photos Showing How Local Gin 'ogogoro' Is Brewed In Nigeria by 3ace(m): 5:33am On Jun 16, 2015
Kx:

I would have said same for those too if they were the subject of discourse-I equally don't like them too. If my kind were the only ones in the world, companies that produce all these alcoholic drinks would have closed shops. I recall when I was invited with a female friend to the other community for corp members outgoing party. When we got there, we sat at a table with another lady who happened to be the girlfriend to the guy who invited us. Few minutes later, they started giving us small chops and some sweet. Later they brought us food and drinks and at my table, they presumably put two bottles of malt on the table and a bottle of stout. As a man, I knew the stout was meant for me so I quickly reached out to one of them and asked him to change the stout to malt. The guy was surprised including the two ladies in front of me who looked at me as if I was some kind of alien who just came from Jupiter. Still couldn't come to term as to why a man would opt for a malt at the expense of a chilled stout, the guy came back and politely asked "gentleman, are you sure you are okay with malt?" I looked at him with a mild smile and replied "yes, I'm okay with malt-i don't drink alcohol. He then walked away still looking back at me smiling. My female friend who was equally shocked said that I wasn't a "tapping"(whatever that meant) guy. And I replied by saying, thank you-don't let me tap so that I won't go mad here. Drinking alcohol is not what I'm used to and I can't start now simply because I want you guys to be impressed and see me as a big boy.

4 Likes

Re: Photos Showing How Local Gin 'ogogoro' Is Brewed In Nigeria by JDelight(m): 5:45am On Jun 16, 2015
Ogogoro e nor dey sawa!!!
I for don marry
Ogogoro na u course am oh
I for don born oh
Ogogoro na u finish mylife oh (lol him life oh)
Aeaeaeaehhhohohohoho...
I for don marry
Kain kain na u do me so oh....

1 Like

Re: Photos Showing How Local Gin 'ogogoro' Is Brewed In Nigeria by madridguy(m): 5:51am On Jun 16, 2015
Well said but not to be taken as water.

sauceny:

Original ogogoro is medicinal
Re: Photos Showing How Local Gin 'ogogoro' Is Brewed In Nigeria by staymore: 5:53am On Jun 16, 2015
martyns303:
Trust CNN to always cover news like this, never will you see them cover something positive.

You are very right.

CNN means Constant Negative News

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Woman Gave Birth In A Hospital Toilet And Almost Flushed Her Baby (Photos) / Rebecca Chukwueke UNICAL Student Dies Over Hospital Strike (Photo) / BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.