Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

The Nine Children(brain Teaser) - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / The Nine Children(brain Teaser) (3366 Views)

Brain Teaser (genius Only) / Who Can Dare To Solve This Brain Teaser With Proofs I.e Workings / Brain Teaser!!! How Is This Possible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nine Children(brain Teaser) by abat4real37(f): 6:13pm On Jun 15, 2015
There are nine children in the house, and only them are in the house. A is ironing. B is watching TV. C is cooking. D is playing cards. E is bathing. F is is listening to music. G is sleeping. I is dressing. H is..................? Fill in the gap
Re: The Nine Children(brain Teaser) by VickyRotex(f): 6:15pm On Jun 15, 2015
H is playing cards with D undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Nine Children(brain Teaser) by EverestdeBliu(m): 6:15pm On Jun 15, 2015
H is playing card with D... Uu can call it HD, if u like
Re: The Nine Children(brain Teaser) by Twaci(f): 6:20pm On Jun 15, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
H is playing card with D... Uu can call it HD, if u like
VickyRotex:
H is playing cards with D undecided

But then D could be playing Solitaire. You can play that card-game all by yourself.

1 Like

Re: The Nine Children(brain Teaser) by Beesluv: 6:21pm On Jun 15, 2015
H is typing
Re: The Nine Children(brain Teaser) by AdeniyiA(m): 6:25pm On Jun 15, 2015
abat4real37:
There are nine children in the house, and only them are in the house. A is ironing. B is watching TV. C is cooking. D is playing cards. E is bathing. F is is listening to music. G is sleeping. I is dressing. H is....MISSING ..............? Fill in the gap
MISSING cool
Re: The Nine Children(brain Teaser) by Blizzyblinkzy(f): 6:42pm On Jun 15, 2015
H is pooing
Re: The Nine Children(brain Teaser) by VickyRotex(f): 7:00pm On Jun 15, 2015
Twaci:

But then D could be playing Solitaire. You can play that card-game all by yourself.

Lol. Smart one. cool I thought of that too

But then, this has more to do with logic, than probability. If D was actually playing cards alone, I believe it will be stated so as to ascertain another point of concentration. And if it was stated, then the puzzle will be filled with assumption. People coming up with different opinions.

And when you examine it, you'll notice that every other person can do the things alone. So why do you think D's act is questionable? And that is why we can't just sit and assume what H was doing.

It's a puzzle, the answer of a puzzle will always be in the puzzle. smiley

2 Likes

Re: The Nine Children(brain Teaser) by Twaci(f): 7:06pm On Jun 15, 2015
VickyRotex:

Lol. Smart one. cool I thought of that too

But then, this has more to do with logic, than probability. If D was actually playing cards alone, I believe it will be stated so as to ascertain another point of concentration. And if it was stated, then the puzzle will be filled with assumption. People coming up with different opinions.

And when you examine it, you'll notice that every other person can do the things alone. So why do you think D's act is questionable? And that is why we can't just sit and assume what H was doing.

It's a puzzle, the answer of a puzzle will always be in the puzzle. smiley
Very true and smart too! smiley

1 Like

Re: The Nine Children(brain Teaser) by VickyRotex(f): 7:10pm On Jun 15, 2015
Twaci:

Thank you smiley
Re: The Nine Children(brain Teaser) by AdeniyiA(m): 8:10pm On Jun 15, 2015
Twaci:
VickyRotex:

Thank you smiley
I've already given the best answer, it's a puzzle.
In d alphabets ,H comes before I, but in the puzzle it's MISSING. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Nine Children(brain Teaser) by VickyRotex(f): 9:00pm On Jun 15, 2015
AdeniyiA:

I've already given the best answer, it's a puzzle.
In d alphabets ,H comes before I, but in the puzzle it's MISSING. cool

lol. Everybody knows that the Alphabet H is supposed to come before I. And everyone knows that H is missing as an alphabet there. That obviously is the fisrt speculation.

But the question says what is H "Doing" not "Where" is H. How can there be 9 people in the house, and H(9th person) is missing?

Besides, its not about alphabet now, its about people. You and I know that those alphabets were just used to replace names.

Need I say that the original puzzle was about D playing chess. But the Op changed it to playing cards. Cool. Now who's playing chess with D? if we wanna base our speculations on alphabets rather than subjects.

I think this has to do more with the content, than alphabet representation.

Then again, those are just my thoughts. I'm sure Op will have the best explanation to this.

Se finis! undecided

Op!!! Come here and answer your puzzle o angry angry

1 Like

Re: The Nine Children(brain Teaser) by AdeniyiA(m): 9:23pm On Jun 15, 2015
VickyRotex:

lol. Everybody knows that the Alphabet H is supposed to come before I. And everyone knows that H is missing as an alphabet there. That obviously is the fisrt speculation.

But the question says what is H "Doing" not "Where" is H. How can there be 9 people in the house, and H(9th person) is missing?

Besides, its not about alphabet now, its about people. You and I know that those alphabets were just used to replace names.

Need I say that the original puzzle was about D playing chess. But the Op changed it to playing cards. Cool. Now who's playing chess with D? if we wanna base our speculations on alphabets rather than subjects.

I think this has to do more with the content, than alphabet representation.

Se finis! undecided

Op!!! Come here and answer your puzzle o angry angry
I think your explanation is flawed in the sense. that it could have been a known fact overtime that the house accommodates 9 children, but at this particular point in time - visitation, a child is not in the house.
Furthermore, the question was not "what is He DOING, of course anyone missing was not expected to do/be doing something

1 Like

Re: The Nine Children(brain Teaser) by VickyRotex(f): 9:30pm On Jun 15, 2015
AdeniyiA:
I think your explanation is flawed in the sense. that it could have been a known fact overtime that the house accommodates 9 children, but at this particular point in time - visitation, a child is not in the house.
Furthermore, the question was not "what is He DOING, of course anyone missing was not expected to do/be doing something

Hian!!! you dont seem to get my explanation...

The original question is "What" is H doing? I guess you should look out for the original puzzle. I've seen it countless times.

Look at this:@bolded. It's a present term

There "are" nine children in the house, and only them are in the house.

H is a personality, not an Alphabet!

Dont wanna argue again.

Ciao smiley

1 Like

Re: The Nine Children(brain Teaser) by AdeniyiA(m): 9:51pm On Jun 15, 2015
VickyRotex:

Hian!!! you dont seem to get my explanation...

The original question is "What" is H doing? I guess you should look out for the original puzzle. I've seen it countless times.

Look at this:@bolded. It's a present term

There "are" nine children in the house, and only them are in the house.

H is a personality, not an Alphabet!

Dont wanna argue again.

Ciao smiley
i'm not good at arguing either, just to let you know that being dogmatic in solving puzzles is not advisable. it could actually be about ALPHABETS & not PERSONALITIES cool
You can as well give us your answer
Re: The Nine Children(brain Teaser) by VickyRotex(f): 9:58pm On Jun 15, 2015
AdeniyiA:

i'm not good at arguing either, just to let you know that being dogmatic in solving puzzles is not advisable. it could actually be about ALPHABETS & not PERSONALITIES cool

Oh well, I already gave my answer with various speculations, but you kept hovering around one point.

It's flexible. I gave supporting ideas why I think the answer shouldnt be "H" is missing rather H is playing cards.

But then, different sides to a coin. We view things from different perspectives. Cool smiley
Re: The Nine Children(brain Teaser) by AdeniyiA(m): 10:04pm On Jun 15, 2015
VickyRotex:

Oh well, I already gave my answer with various speculations, but you kept hovering around one point.

It's flexible. I gave supporting ideas why I think the answer shouldnt be "H" is missing rather H is playing cards.

But then, different sides to a coin. We view things from different perspectives. Cool smiley
But the SOLITAIRE intro punctures your answer
Re: The Nine Children(brain Teaser) by VickyRotex(f): 10:10pm On Jun 15, 2015
AdeniyiA:

But the SOLITAIRE intro punctures your answer

How did it puncture it? I stated earlier, that this is more of logic, than probability. (Solitaire is probability) Read my explanation up there.

Bros, we've derailed this thread enough, let others come in and give their own answers and explanation. cool

I've given my own answer, I may be right, I may be wrong. But I've defended my point, that's all that matters.

Ciao again.
Re: The Nine Children(brain Teaser) by adexx1(m): 1:26am On Jun 17, 2015
AdeniyiA:

d riddle specifically stated 9 kids...so we r definitely talking about personalities

1 Like

Re: The Nine Children(brain Teaser) by johnmanuel1743(m): 11:51am On Jun 18, 2015
hello like duh its der......... H is missing ie h is lost

(1) (Reply)

Check Out This Funny Question. Feel Free To Drop Your Responses Too / Smiling Competition / Can your grandma swagger like this?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.