Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Mother Of Sextuplets Dies Of Complications - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother Of Sextuplets Dies Of Complications (1946 Views)

Remember The Mcghee Sextuplets? They Are Grown / I’ve Been Stripped Unclad – Mother Of Twins Killed By Drunken-Cop / Wow!, This Family With Sextuplets Is Still Looking Good. Awesome! (pictures ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother Of Sextuplets Dies Of Complications by JJYOU: 10:56am On Feb 23, 2009
[size=18pt]Mother of sextuplets dies of complications[/size]
By MOSHOOD ADEBAYO, Abeokuta
Monday, February 23, 2009

More Stories on This Section

Barely few hours after she was delivered of a set of sextuplets, the first of such medical feat in the state, the mother of the babies, Mrs. Amidat Bello in the early hours of yesterday died of complications arising from the delivery.

Bello, 32 and a trader from Ijebu-Igbo, in Ijebu North Local Government Area of the Ogun State was delivered of the set of babies, three males and females at the Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching hospital, Sagamu last Saturday.
Mrs. Bello who had her first child in 2005 was delivered of the sextuplets at 4a.m. on Saturday by a team of medical doctors led by Dr. P.O. Adefuye.

Sources close to the tertiary health institution told Daily Sun that Bello who initially did not show any sign of complication late Saturday developed a post-delivery medical problems and efforts to safe her life proved abortive.
“This is not cheering news. We did all we could do as a team of doctors, but regrettably, the mother of the babies died. It is painful and very unfortunate,” the source told Daily Sun.

However, he refused to disclose the cause of her death even though he stated that “for such a spectacular delivery, anything could have happened. We can’t say exactly the cause or causes of the death. May God give her peaceful rest in the bosom of our Lord.”
A member of the hospital’s management who also spoke on condition of anonymity confirmed the death, lamenting: “It is very unfortunate that we lost the mother. But we are making sure that the children are well taken care of.”

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2009/feb/23/national-23-02-2009-05.htm

didnt i hear hear the president's wife said women dont die giving birth in nigeria again?
Re: Mother Of Sextuplets Dies Of Complications by Nobody: 11:08am On Feb 23, 2009
SORRY , quite unfortunate , may yr gentle soul rest in perfect peace. AMEN .
Re: Mother Of Sextuplets Dies Of Complications by spikedcylinder: 11:28am On Feb 23, 2009
This is so sad. embarassed

I read it in the papers yesterday and I denoted that the babies' father was skeptical about having so many children. He might run away o! embarassed
Re: Mother Of Sextuplets Dies Of Complications by dgreatrock(m): 11:32am On Feb 23, 2009
spikedcylinder:

This is so sad. embarassed

I read it in the papers yesterday and I denoted that the babies' father was skeptical about having so many children. He might run away o! embarassed

Spiked, we are supposed to be solemn now, please dont make me laugh.

Well i pray he does not run away.
Re: Mother Of Sextuplets Dies Of Complications by Afam4eva(m): 12:08pm On Feb 23, 2009
May her soul rest in perfect peace, it's unfortunate that women still die when giving birth in Nigeria. Six is not that much when u compare it with The Chukwu Octuplets that were born in Houston, Texas USA.
Re: Mother Of Sextuplets Dies Of Complications by plappville(f): 1:22pm On Feb 23, 2009
afam4eva:

May her soul rest in perfect peace, it's unfortunate that women still die when giving birth in Nigeria. Six is not that much when u compare it with The Chukwu Octuplets that were born in Houston, Texas USA.

Did i hear u say Houston Texas USA?? this thing happend in 9ja oo, i think what they lack is good medical material and facilities, don't u see how our goverments rund to the europe for treatments, if the woman's husband could afford it, am sure he would ve send her to deliver the babie in europe.

So sad news, may her gentle soul rest in perfect peace AMEN. nIGER SHOULD TRY MORE IN THESE AREAS AND STOP TEELING US THAT
We can’t say exactly the cause or causes of the death
, IT IS THEIR JOB? IF THEY ARE NOT CAPABLE THEY SHOULD GIVE UP, ENOUGH OF WOMEN DIEING AFTER DELIVERING IN NIGERIA. sad sad
Re: Mother Of Sextuplets Dies Of Complications by spikedcylinder: 2:49pm On Feb 23, 2009
dgreatrock:

Spiked, we are supposed to be solemn now, please dont make me laugh.

Well i pray he does not run away.

I'm sorry o, it wasn't my original intention to. . . . .you know. . . . .demean the situation. grin embarassed
Re: Mother Of Sextuplets Dies Of Complications by JJYOU: 3:24pm On Feb 23, 2009
plappville:

Did i hear u say Houston Texas USA?? this thing happend in 9ja oo, i think what they lack is good medical material and facilities, don't u see how our goverments rund to the europe for treatments, if the woman's husband could afford it, am sure he would ve send her to deliver the babie in europe.

So sad news, may her gentle soul rest in perfect peace AMEN. nIGER SHOULD TRY MORE IN THESE AREAS AND STOP TEELING US THAT , IT IS THEIR JOB? IF THEY ARE NOT CAPABLE THEY SHOULD GIVE UP, ENOUGH OF WOMEN DIEING AFTER DELIVERING IN NIGERIA. sad sad
madam foolishness AKA mrs yaradua was denying last week women dont die giving birth in naija.  she was responding to a UN report report criticizing the high death rate amongst women at child birth.

Did i hear u say Houston Texas USA??
it happened to a nigerian woman in  houston too some 10yrs ago. she had 8 but lost 1 she has 7 left.
Re: Mother Of Sextuplets Dies Of Complications by plappville(f): 4:47pm On Feb 23, 2009
Why she no go deny, as her husband is the present president, she will always defend her husband regime, every1 knows the truth about this issue.
Re: Mother Of Sextuplets Dies Of Complications by tpia: 5:05pm On Feb 23, 2009
Re: Mother Of Sextuplets Dies Of Complications by Treetop20(m): 5:08pm On Feb 23, 2009
i am sure if it were in the western world
that woman won't have died. May her soul RIP
Re: Mother Of Sextuplets Dies Of Complications by tpia: 5:26pm On Feb 23, 2009
Re: Mother Of Sextuplets Dies Of Complications by JJYOU: 2:35am On Mar 07, 2009
tpia:

True, but here's more detailed information:

And [b]remember the western world has a different attitude to women- a fact which most Naija males see as a negative thing?[/b]

tee hee hee as sisi would say.
Re: Mother Of Sextuplets Dies Of Complications by aportikoko: 5:51pm On Mar 22, 2015
So sad

Re: Mother Of Sextuplets Dies Of Complications by Nobody: 6:52pm On Mar 22, 2015
Treetop20:
i am sure if it were in the western world
that woman won't have died.
May her soul RIP
Why are you so sure of that?? You would have just said no one dies in a hospital in a western country undecided
Some do have complications too.
I just feel sorry for the father of the kids. It's going to be tough for him.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mother Dresses So Wrong And Kids May Folllow / Wizkid Plans To Marry In 10yrs Time (pics) / An Unforgettable Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.