Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

Why Enyeama May Never Play For Nigeria Again - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Enyeama May Never Play For Nigeria Again (34277 Views)

Mercy Akide-Udoh: "My Kids Will Never Play For Nigeria” / I Won’t Represent Nigeria Again – Usman / Enyeama May Have Played Last Game For Nigeria - NFF Official (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Enyeama May Never Play For Nigeria Again by Ishilove: 7:48am On Jun 16, 2015

Vincent Enyeama

The days of Vincent Enyeama as Super Eagles goalkeeper appear to be numbered after he allegedly tore a query issued him by the Nigeria Football Federation over his comments about the safety of Kaduna to host last Saturday’s Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Chad.

It has been learnt that the Lille goalkeeper tore the letter issued him right before two top NFF officials. His matter, we learnt, has now been transferred to the NFF disciplinary committee for further investigation.

It was not possible to speak with Enyeama concerning the incident but a former Nigeria international Garba Lawal confirmed the development to The PUNCH.

He said, “I’m aware of that (Enyeama’s action). The Secretary of the federation told me. Who is Vincent Enyeama? This football we also played. Even if you are not going to answer a query, you can just hold it to yourself. I think that is very disrespectful.”

The France-based goalkeeper was quoted as saying that Kaduna was not safe enough to host such a match. The statement generated a lot of reactions with the NFF issuing a strongly worded statement afterwards.

NFF president, Amaju Pinnick, said, “Kaduna State has always been a perfect ground for all national teams, and a city in love with football. We are excited anytime we bring a match of the national team to Kaduna, because we are always sure of massive support for our team.”

Also, there is confusion over a said query issued to the Super Eagles Coach, Stephen Keshi, by the NFF. An online medium had reported that the NFF also queried Keshi after the one given to Enyeama over issues surrounding Eagles’ AFCON qualifier against Chad on Saturday.

Our correspondent, who spoke with NFF officials concerning the queries, was told that even though one was issued to the goalkeeper, no memo was handed to the coach. The chairman of the NFF Technical Committee Chief Felix Anyasi-Agwu told The PUNCH that the query issued to Enyeama was purely administrative and should not be interpreted as an indictment.

He said, “Yes, Enyeama got a query but it is not true about Keshi. I hope that Nigerians will just let Keshi be so that he can face his job squarely.

“As for Vincent, the statement credited to him about the venue was quite political rather than having anything to do with sports. The query is to enable us to hear his side of the story and be certain of exactly what he said. He could have been quoted out of context and so it is just an opportunity to set the record right.”

Anyasi-Agwu spoke to The PUNCH before the Enyeama incident got to our news desk.

The original news on the queries detailed that Keshi was asked by his employers to explain why non-league striker, Gabriel Okechukwu, made the Eagles substitute bench.

Okechukwu features for non-league Water FC of Abuja and he failed to make the final cut for the U-20 World Cup in New Zealand after he was named in a 35-man provisional squad.

http://www.punchng.com/sports/nff-enyeama-clash-over-query/
Re: Why Enyeama May Never Play For Nigeria Again by INTROVERT(f): 7:48am On Jun 16, 2015
He tore the query..... No biggy.. this is naija

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Enyeama May Never Play For Nigeria Again by datguru: 7:53am On Jun 16, 2015
Mtcheew.... None of my business. Both NFF and the players can go to hell for all I care. Do we even have a national team ?

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Enyeama May Never Play For Nigeria Again by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 16, 2015
Only in nigeria such happen. How ll a player be bigger dan d board

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Enyeama May Never Play For Nigeria Again by DjHypno(m): 7:59am On Jun 16, 2015
That is rude of him, I hope he will realize he did the wrong thing and tender an apology.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Enyeama May Never Play For Nigeria Again by niceguy7(m): 8:00am On Jun 16, 2015
That guy is too good to loose.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Enyeama May Never Play For Nigeria Again by veekid(m): 8:00am On Jun 16, 2015
Na today This kain news go get part 2 nw
Watch out

1 Like

Re: Why Enyeama May Never Play For Nigeria Again by tunwumi: 8:00am On Jun 16, 2015
Goodbye to him.

Olishe did it and he never come back it. If you are not too young u will know mark aku incidence in Mali.

2 Likes

Re: Why Enyeama May Never Play For Nigeria Again by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 16, 2015
Well he was disrespectful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Enyeama May Never Play For Nigeria Again by folabayo1(f): 8:01am On Jun 16, 2015
This guy is good @ what he does!
Abeg let this guy be undecided

8 Likes

Re: Why Enyeama May Never Play For Nigeria Again by luvinhubby(m): 8:01am On Jun 16, 2015
With the kind of awful pitch that match was played in & considering the sensitive security situation in some Northern states, Kaduna inclusive, Enyeama was spot on in his criticism.
Must you take a match to the north because the last one was played in the south?
. That was how Nigeria failed to qualify for 2006 world cup after their draw in Kano heat with Angola.
NFF got it wrong.

90 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Why Enyeama May Never Play For Nigeria Again by kziiso: 8:01am On Jun 16, 2015
they would find a way to setle
Re: Why Enyeama May Never Play For Nigeria Again by daikale: 8:01am On Jun 16, 2015
Enyeama, that's not too good if it is true

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Enyeama May Never Play For Nigeria Again by opaiao: 8:02am On Jun 16, 2015
Very rude of you vincent
Re: Why Enyeama May Never Play For Nigeria Again by hopilo: 8:02am On Jun 16, 2015
Kaduna stadium not good for football, let take politics out of the game

43 Likes

Re: Why Enyeama May Never Play For Nigeria Again by ehisbay(m): 8:02am On Jun 16, 2015
That's rude . he should have held it and not tear it in their presence. I pray he is not sacked from the national team anyway.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Enyeama May Never Play For Nigeria Again by ceejay80s(m): 8:02am On Jun 16, 2015
He for use lighter take burn the useless paper.
I wonder if na mikel una go use as keeper if una sack enyeama

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Enyeama May Never Play For Nigeria Again by Richie0974: 8:02am On Jun 16, 2015
..that's disappointing...
Re: Why Enyeama May Never Play For Nigeria Again by jayne8585yahoo(f): 8:03am On Jun 16, 2015
Don't let him go please, he is to good to lose.

3 Likes

Re: Why Enyeama May Never Play For Nigeria Again by Kx: 8:03am On Jun 16, 2015
Kaduna is not safe and you did not pull out of the game before d match.

Irresponsibility is irresponsibility no matter the defence ENyeama camp puts forward.

He deserves whatever the FA can for once have the ball to do.
But just like Keshi, Enyeama would instead get commendations and pay rise for this gross misconduct.

9 Likes

Re: Why Enyeama May Never Play For Nigeria Again by plainmirror(m): 8:03am On Jun 16, 2015
In as much as I don't advocate for indiscipline, I think that there was more to the query than the papers printed.

Respect is a virtue

3 Likes

Re: Why Enyeama May Never Play For Nigeria Again by Nobody: 8:03am On Jun 16, 2015
I think its high time he retired
Re: Why Enyeama May Never Play For Nigeria Again by adjoviomole(m): 8:03am On Jun 16, 2015
This is not a matter of being bgger dan the board..we all know dat the north is not safe for now,why should the dull board members put a march in the north..if u we're the one will u go..the guy s right joh....ake dem free the guy mtchww

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Enyeama May Never Play For Nigeria Again by Nobody: 8:03am On Jun 16, 2015
We can't blame him. The dude is scared of dying.

But the good side is that Mikel obi can take his place. I think Mikel obi will do a fantastic job catching balls, since he has enuf balls to catch a Russian girl..#just saying cheesy

15 Likes

Re: Why Enyeama May Never Play For Nigeria Again by kenny091(m): 8:03am On Jun 16, 2015
Abeg free d guy jor. I watched the game and I must say the super chickens can not call that place home yet. The grass is more brown than green, even ugandan national stadium is better than that place. I think all our national team games should be in lagos if we can have natural grass not teslim balogun's artificial turf

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Enyeama May Never Play For Nigeria Again by Maxxxcarter(m): 8:04am On Jun 16, 2015
Oh sorry
Re: Why Enyeama May Never Play For Nigeria Again by adedayourt(m): 8:04am On Jun 16, 2015
am wit yamayama on dis

but sud av made his point clearer stead of tearin up d paper

1 Like

Re: Why Enyeama May Never Play For Nigeria Again by emmasege: 8:04am On Jun 16, 2015
Enyeama has had his time in the Super Eagles. It's time for Mikel to wear the Skipper's band before we also send him also into retirement.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Iceland: Leicester City Wish Ihenacho, Ndidi & Musa Goodluck (Photos) / FIFA Bans Eight Players, Agent For Life Over Match-fixing / The Premier League Golden Boot Race Is Coming Down To The Wire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.