Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,786 members, 7,806,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

Guys Dont Laugh O - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Guys Dont Laugh O (6074 Views)

Nigerian Cars Laugh At Poverty (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys Dont Laugh O by Nobody: 9:37am On Jun 16, 2015
Can I get a car with 300k?lol..........

1 Like

Re: Guys Dont Laugh O by tonybosses: 9:47am On Jun 16, 2015
Yes u can, but not a tokunbor a naija used golf3 or sum oda cars of dt kind
Re: Guys Dont Laugh O by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:50am On Jun 16, 2015
glamor:

A car yes.

A problem yes

Lomomike come see grin

3 Likes

Re: Guys Dont Laugh O by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 16, 2015
Thanks Tony and gaz......I won't want to get a problem.let me pause
Re: Guys Dont Laugh O by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 16, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

A car yes.

A problem yes

Lomomike come see grin
grin grin angry angry stop doing her like that na,
My dear glamor, a Nigerian used golf 3, or a Naija used 98 corolla would do

2 Likes

Re: Guys Dont Laugh O by Readonee35L(m): 8:13pm On Jun 16, 2015
lomomike:

grin grin angry angry stop doing her like that na,
My dear glamor, a Nigerian used golf 3, or a Naija used 98 corolla would do
98 corolla hell no dt car wont go less than 500
Re: Guys Dont Laugh O by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 16, 2015
Readonee35L:

98 corolla hell no dt car wont go less than 500
Tokumbo is abut NGN750,000 why won't Naija used be less than 450,000?
Re: Guys Dont Laugh O by Readonee35L(m): 8:31pm On Jun 16, 2015
lomomike:

Tokumbo is abut NGN750,000 why won't Naija used be less than 450,000?
any 98 camry less than that na scrap oh,
but that car is shiit
just over priced here in nigeria all because of toyota dis dt

1 Like

Re: Guys Dont Laugh O by Whizpeter(m): 9:21pm On Jun 16, 2015
That amount can get you a very good car PROBLEM
Re: Guys Dont Laugh O by Ikenna351(m): 10:53pm On Jun 16, 2015
glamor:

Anything is possible. It depends on the dept of your believes/faith on your desires.

I am a living testimony.

Ikenna
Re: Guys Dont Laugh O by Lagusta(m): 11:03pm On Jun 16, 2015
Yes you can...

But you must REALLY shine your eyes...

I am also a living testimony....

My present car (Honda halla) was purchased for 170k... The only thing I fixed was the steering rack...

Just take a good automech (not a kazeem ooo) there, strike a good bargain and you're good to go.... smiley
Re: Guys Dont Laugh O by Nobody: 6:37am On Jun 17, 2015
Readonee35L:

any 98 camry less than that na scrap oh,
but that car is shiit
just over priced here in nigeria all because of toyota dis dt
I said corolla not camry
Re: Guys Dont Laugh O by Readonee35L(m): 7:22am On Jun 17, 2015
lomomike:

I said corolla not camry
i meant corolla too the camry was a typo

1 Like

Re: Guys Dont Laugh O by nurey(m): 9:56am On Jun 17, 2015
as I always say, no tokunbo vehicle is trouble free also you must know Nigerian used is also tokunbo afterall. the only tokunbo (naija used too) I can recommend at that price that won't give much trouble is the honda accord variants
1. halla
2. Bull dog
3. bullets
5. academy

please stay away from any baby boy at that price except the owner wishes to sow a seed in your life.

3 Likes

Re: Guys Dont Laugh O by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 17, 2015
nurey:
as I always say, no tokunbo vehicle is trouble free also you must know Nigerian used is also tokunbo afterall. the only tokunbo (naija used too) I can recommend at that price that won't give much trouble is the honda accord variants
1. halla
2. Bull dog
3. bullets
5. academy

please stay away from any baby boy at that price except the owner wishes to sow a seed in your life.
Points taken
Re: Guys Dont Laugh O by idu1(m): 8:26pm On Jun 17, 2015
nurey:
1. halla
2. Bull dog
3. bullets
5. academy

I think honda baby boy and bulldog have the same engine configuration right?
Re: Guys Dont Laugh O by Lagusta(m): 9:12pm On Jun 17, 2015
idu1:

The baby boy comes with a vtec engine, while the halla, bullet, bulldog use the normal 16valve engine...
Re: Guys Dont Laugh O by idu1(m): 10:36pm On Jun 17, 2015
Lagusta:

The baby boy comes with a vtec engine, while the halla, bullet, bulldog use the normal 16valve engine...
ok doc...

1 Like

Re: Guys Dont Laugh O by nurey(m): 5:04am On Jun 18, 2015
idu1:

I know the bull dog has a V6 engine, they may both have same engine configuration but the technology behind both are far apart, making one better, faster and more powerful than the other.

I doubt if also the engines can be inter changed in the vehicles due to totally different technologies and components.
Re: Guys Dont Laugh O by Lagusta(m): 5:49am On Jun 18, 2015
nurey:

I know the bull dog has a V6 engine, they may both have same engine configuration but the technology behind both are far apart, making one better, faster and more powerful than the other.

I doubt if also the engines can be inter changed in the vehicles due to totally different technologies and components.

Sir, my present Honda halla has a vtec engine.... smiley
Re: Guys Dont Laugh O by Exponental(m): 8:20am On Jun 18, 2015
Yes u can..... depends on d seller.
Re: Guys Dont Laugh O by nurey(m): 11:34am On Jun 18, 2015
Lagusta:

Sir, present Honda halla has a vtec engine.... smiley
Re: Guys Dont Laugh O by nurey(m): 11:37am On Jun 18, 2015
Lagusta:

Sir, my present Honda halla has a vtec engine.... smiley

so what if your halla has a vtec engine. a toyota sienna 1998 to 2003 has same engine but they are totally different 1998 to 2000 has a V6 3.0L having a 193hp with mpg rating of 16city/21highway, while the 2001-2003 has a VVTI stamped on the engine has a V6 3.0L having 210hp with mpg rating of 19city/24highway.

looking at the engine, they both look similar but there are marked differences in them and if the engines would be interchanged, slight modification (butchering) would have to be done.

my dad once had a benz regular 200 when the engine had a problem, the mumu kazeems bought a 230 engine and fitted it, the car worked but didn't last 2months b4 the engine packed up due to radiator water getting into the wrong place.
Re: Guys Dont Laugh O by chucky234(m): 6:23am On Jun 20, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

A car yes.

A problem yes

Lomomike come see grin
he can actually get a trouble free car for that amount and I expect you of all people to know that.
Some Nigerian used cars are as good as some of the flooded junks people pass off as toks.
He can get clean faultless 1992 - 97 Honda Accord (Hala & Bulldog), Audi 80, Chrysler Serbring, Benz 190 and Golf3 for 300k.
People don't just sell car(s) simply because the car is faulty but for other reasons one of which is upgrade.
Stop discouraging people, its a bad attitude and doesn't suit you.

7 Likes

Re: Guys Dont Laugh O by chucky234(m): 6:25am On Jun 20, 2015
Readonee35L:
i meant corolla too the camry was a typo
hahahaha

1 Like

Re: Guys Dont Laugh O by chucky234(m): 6:32am On Jun 20, 2015
nurey:
1. halla
2. Bull dog
3. bullets
5. academy

The way some people dey take look down on naija used cars dey tire me ooo, imagine Gazzuz sha.
I dey see naija used wey better pass many toks daily, as a dealer I dey come across both toks and naija used daily and I dey even advice some clients wey no get much cash for hand to buy naija used yet none of them don ever complain say the car dey give wahala oooo.
Meanwhile one of my customers buy toks Highlander with 70k mileage but before him drive from Lagos to Ore motor knock engine, same day wey him buy the car oooo.
Abeg leave matter for mathias, Op search well plenty car dey for 300K.
Re: Guys Dont Laugh O by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:23am On Jun 20, 2015
chucky234:
he can actually get a trouble free car for that amount and I expect you of all people to know that.
Some Nigerian used cars are as good as some of the flooded junks people pass off as toks.
He can get clean faultless 1992 - 97Honda Accord (Hala & Bulldog), Audi 80, Chrysler Serbring, Benz 190 and Golf3 for 300k.
People don't just sell car(s) simple because the car is faulty but for other reasons one of which is upgrade.
Stop discouraging people, its a bad attitude and doesn't suit you.

We are in 2015 angry

2 Likes

Re: Guys Dont Laugh O by chucky234(m): 7:26am On Jun 20, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

We are in 2015 angry
And so?
In North America and Europe people still drives 1970s cars with pride and you as a mechanic (enlightened Kazeem) condemn people buying 1992 - 1997 cars, the toks you see in the market where do you think they were shipped from, Mars I guess?

3 Likes

Re: Guys Dont Laugh O by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:55am On Jun 20, 2015
chucky234:
And so?
In North America and Europe people still drives 1970s cars with pride and you as a mechanic (enlightened Kazeem) condemn people buying 1992 - 1997 cars, the toks you see in the market where do you think they were shipped from, Mars I guess?

This one wey you carry my matter for ya head I snatch ur babe?

Look at the cars you have mentioned.

Honda halla 1989-1992

Audi80

Benz 190

Golf3

Chrysler sebring

The probability that any of these cars "Nigerian used" will still be in top shape is very unlikely.

And you went to add a chrysler sebring!! shocked I would not wish my enemy own that car.

Guy stop calling me names and face facts. angry

Meanwhile it's a woman that wants to use the car not a man. I can imagine ur sis driving a benz 190 cause its 300k
Re: Guys Dont Laugh O by DGD1(m): 8:35am On Jun 20, 2015
chucky234:
And so?

mr, i get where you are viewing this from
let's be realistic how much is the toks if such cars u mentioned that she should go for the Nigeria used. You are a car dealer, why do you think we buy cars from abroad(used) its because their roads and auto policy and law are strictly complied to. I can imagine a naija used halla what it will have been through, but at that price its too much. and for a woman RUN.

its possible you get a better car @ 300k, my pencil I don't think I can sell higher than that.... am not after profit I want to upgrade is why I might want to sell.

OP you might be lucky to see someone who just wants to give away.

lastly mr, if the OP is female, she would want a car with AC, clean body, car she will be respected in....... you know such c cars @ that price is rear. but for a hustler, even 150 I will get a car.
Re: Guys Dont Laugh O by chucky234(m): 8:51am On Jun 20, 2015
DGD1:

mr, i get where you are viewing this from
let's be realistic how much is the toks if such cars u mentioned that she should go for the Nigeria used. You are a car dealer, why do you think we buy cars from abroad(used) its because their roads and auto policy and law are strictly complied to. I can imagine a naija used halla what it will have been through, but at that price its too much. and for a woman RUN.

its possible you get a better car @ 300k, my pencil I don't think I can sell higher than that.... am not after profit I want to upgrade is why I might want to sell.

OP you might be lucky to see someone who just wants to give away.

lastly mr, if the OP is female, she would want a car with AC, clean body, car she will be respected in....... you know such c cars @ that price is rear. but for a hustler, even 150 I will get a car.
And what is this one saying.....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With your car in lagos and ibadan?? / I Now See More People Ricing Up Cars In Nigeria / I Thought i've Seen All Toyota Cars...this One Caught Me Off Guard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.