Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,685 members, 7,801,971 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians (29261 Views)

FG To Replace N5,000 Monthly Stipend For Unemployed Youths —ngige / FG To Commence Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians Nationwide / Drama At Senate Over Buhari's #5000 Promise To Unemployed Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians by illuminaty(m): 2:28pm On Jun 16, 2015
If those senators refuse for their salary/salaries to be cut short,then let the unemployed also get a share of the "national cake"...Nigeria belongs to everybody and Nigeria belongs to Nobody
Re: A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians by kkboy(m): 2:30pm On Jun 16, 2015
Intelligent analysis. I key in to your suggestions and support you totally.
Re: A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians by oismail(m): 2:31pm On Jun 16, 2015
Are we not all unemployed/underemployed. What do u expect to be thinking again #mtchew
PUSH1:
You have never thought about what qualifies you for the benefit. Nigerians ehh

Re: A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians by greggles: 2:31pm On Jun 16, 2015
godoluwa:
op idea is good but trust me, the project will be hijacked by politicians to enrich their allies. who are the beneficiaries of their empowerment programs? To me, that 5,000naira monthly stipend is a complete waste of resources

We have brave people in Nigeria who will insist on merit, trust me. At least up to 85% of this project will work if you hand it to them to manage, remember its not dash, its a loan that will hang on your credit history which could prevent you from getting services in the future if you waste it
Re: A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians by andreernest28(m): 2:32pm On Jun 16, 2015
ITS ONLY AN OPINION,I THINK EVERYBODY HAS A RIGHT TO BE HEARD.MR MAN, U ARE DREAM KILLER,DO YOU HAVE AN ESTIMATION OF MONEY LOOTED FROM FROM FEDRAL POCKET DAILY?IF YOU DONT STAY QUIET

1 Like

Re: A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians by greggles: 2:32pm On Jun 16, 2015
kkboy:
Intelligent analysis. I key in to your suggestions and support you totally.

Thanks bro
Re: A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jun 16, 2015
What's the difference between what the OP suggested and YOU WIN?

7 Likes

Re: A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jun 16, 2015
greggles:

Government would need to establish qualifications to benefit from this project, example submitting a business plan for review and approval by the government, this business plan will include a plan to employ at least 8 to 10 people within 6 months of startup. The programme would also include a mandatory training at a participating organization, example SMEDAN, after you are shortlisted to benefit from this programme. There would be other standards too.

Another option would be writing a qualification exam that tests some of your personal and cognitive abilities to select the best among many, then undergoing business training by selected beneficiaries.

OP the bolded is the first loophole. If this is the strategy that you think the government should use then i can assure you that not everyone will benefit from it. When these business plans are sent to the government, whose do you think will be approved? The only time this can work is if corruption is eradicated from the country. Until then, this wont work cos the kind of system we implement is Man-know-man
Its either a more transparent method is used or we'll just have to make do with the 5k per month which is transparent enough and better than nothing.
Re: A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians by greggles: 2:34pm On Jun 16, 2015
illuminaty:
If those senators refuse for their salary/salaries to be cut short,then let the unemployed also get a share of the "national cake"...Nigeria belongs to everybody and Nigeria belongs to Nobody

But then what is N5,000 in Nigeria? Doesn't make sense for anyone who could be rather employed and earn money or own a business himself
Re: A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians by selectedhero(m): 2:36pm On Jun 16, 2015
someone is finally seeing the merit in youwin. thought they said GEJ was clueless.
while the baba with clue want to dash #5000 in Nigeria lottery.
don't know when Nigerian youths were reduced to this.

2 Likes

Re: A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians by Spells(m): 2:37pm On Jun 16, 2015
I totally agree with u, but the question is will they do it....half bread is better Dan non... And trust me Nigeria is so capable of paying every unemployed youth 5k monthly.
Re: A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians by dimssy(m): 2:37pm On Jun 16, 2015
I'm kinda indifferent about this but i think the job effect creation tend only to have a long term effect bt the payment increases the multiplier effect in an economy and also government may introduce certain policies to cob certain spending behaviours
Re: A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians by omaji53jeremiah: 2:38pm On Jun 16, 2015
mister good thinker, have you asked yourself what the so called government has done with the subsidy reinvestment fund, so i sugest you keep that your idea to yourself. Because na the one wey body chop na hin them go use bury am.
Re: A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians by toxxnoni(m): 2:39pm On Jun 16, 2015
Its a Good idea but I think the 5000/month is better.
Re: A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians by DaGC(m): 2:39pm On Jun 16, 2015
illuminaty:
rewarding laziness witt wages u say abi??wot of those senators who sit on dia seat n sponsor nt even a single bill n still make billions from tax payers moneylike d saying goes..."there are two sides to a coin"

Your opinion. My opinion.

Its a free world.
Re: A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians by greggles: 2:41pm On Jun 16, 2015
veegirl:

OP the bolded is the first loophole. If this is the strategy that you think the government should use then i can assure you that not everyone will benefit from it. When these business plans are sent to the government, whose do you think will be approved? The only time this can work is if corruption is eradicated from the country. Until then, this wont work cos the kind of system we implement is Man-know-man
Its either a more transparent method is used or we'll just have to make do with the 5k per month which is transparent enough and better than nothing.

Its not as straightforward as I said it, there are procedures, these business plans are submitted digitally to consultants from participating organizations like banks in Nigeria. Furthermore, the system is designed to remove every private credential of the applicant before it reaches the consultant for review, so the person reviewing it doesn't know who you are or where you come from, its even scrambled among the reviewers who do not know one another so they can't even control which one comes to them, plus other security measures. Its a standard procedure that works
Re: A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians by bayusdipe(m): 2:42pm On Jun 16, 2015
good idea
Re: A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians by Realtol(m): 2:42pm On Jun 16, 2015
Nice idea you put up there OP. But I think a lot of people are misinterpreting APC welfare package. They are not going to give every Dick, Tom and Harry #5,000 monthly but rather the poorest of the poor- the indigents. So OP, if you are expecting #5,000 from FG monthly, you are on a long thing because you can at least afford to subscribe for data with which u posted your idea and that disqualifies you as an indigent. Anybody expecting 5k from FG on this forum should stop waiting for Godot, he is not coming!
Re: A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jun 16, 2015
@OP nice suggestion but the plan if implemented will be hijacked to settle relatives and party loyalists. Nigeria have this problem of monitoring and transparency. It is very easy to come up with sound proposals but execution becomes another thing.

The 5000 monthly payment is 100% impossible considering our FG financial standing. Even our annual budget is on 1.5trillion naira deficit. Meaning we are to borrow more money to fund some projects. What we need do is to invest in capital projects. Bring to life our dying industries, fix our roads and electricity. Provide security and watch as the economy boom. We can't do without the manufacturing and agric sectors. Most importantly, we must achieve political stability and social reorientation. These are the only long term ways to achieve growth and development.

We don't need a quick fix that will end up in futility.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians by greggles: 2:44pm On Jun 16, 2015
ziky2010:
The Op is right.But the major issue is dat our dear president must fulfil his campaign promise.Though I am not suffering but I am expecting 5,000 monthly from the Government

What will that do for you as compared with owing your own business or earning much more on a job? Employers will beg for workers and improve their work conditions if jobs start becoming available
Re: A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians by Emyogalanya: 2:45pm On Jun 16, 2015
So we still have ppl like the op who still make good use of thier brains to think
Re: A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians by nbright: 2:45pm On Jun 16, 2015
kayo80:
20 million is a lot of people. What I believe they want to do is to pay only the elderly poor people. Maybe like 100,000 of them accross the nation. Some people say N5,000 is small, but I personally know some grandpas and grandmas that would greatly appreciate this as long as it is regular. And this would go a long way for this old citizens of our great country.

So, let's do the math...N5,000 to 100,000 elderly monthly equals 500 Million Naira monthly, and 6 billion Naira yearly. That is not even up to the wardrobe allowance of senators. I think this is achievable.
So na 100k elderly poor people dey Nigeria? They should be up to 6million.
Re: A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians by illuminaty(m): 2:45pm On Jun 16, 2015
greggles:

But then what is N5,000 in Nigeria? Doesn't make sense for anyone who could be rather employed and earn money or own a business himself
....boss,it mite nt go a long way but it will surely help in 1 way or d other.think of it,those frying akara can save up 2 buy cooking gas for their bizness,with the epileptic power in this country,5k can go a long way in buying fuel 2 run your bizness....omo menh,5k can come in handy for some people....just go out n sample the opinion of people
Re: A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians by Dahveydson(m): 2:46pm On Jun 16, 2015
greggles:

Government would need to establish qualifications to benefit from this project, example submitting a business plan for review and approval by the government, this business plan will include a plan to employ at least 8 to 10 people within 6 months of startup. The programme would also include a mandatory training at a participating organization, example SMEDAN, after you are shortlisted to benefit from this programme. There would be other standards too.

Another option would be writing a qualification exam that tests some of your personal and cognitive abilities to select the best among many, then undergoing business training by selected beneficiaries.

This looks like another Youwin/Sure-P.
Re: A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians by meemeee: 2:47pm On Jun 16, 2015
The cost of doing personal business should also be reduced like Nafdac registration, getting a trademark and things like that..our government should also look into drastically reducing the cost, this will encourage more people
Re: A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians by kayo80(m): 2:49pm On Jun 16, 2015
nbright:
So na 100k elderly poor people dey Nigeria? They should be up to 6million.

I'm not talking of 55-65 year olds...I'm talking people from 70 up, and only the poor ones.
Re: A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians by joseph1832(m): 2:49pm On Jun 16, 2015
What good will it do for the unemployed youth if at the end of the day he use more than half of his profit to buy fuel in other to run his business?.

My take on this issue is simple, "give the Nigerian youth uninterrupted power supply and watch him make money".

Without steady power supply, the Nigerian youth can never be free.

3 Likes

Re: A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jun 16, 2015
veegirl:

lol Where do you think the government will get 5k to pay 25 million Nigerians? I guess most of you are not abreast with the reality of Nigeria financial standing. As for the OP proposal, it will end up as an avenue to settle party loyalists and relatives of power brokers. It is Dead on Arrival (my opinion)
Re: A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians by greggles: 2:51pm On Jun 16, 2015
Dahveydson:

This looks like another Youwin/Sure-P.

Something related to that but refined and benefits more people. The Youwin for instance is a grant and this encourages waste because you won't pay it back, this is a non-interest loan for serious people. There are many differences and improvements
Re: A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians by uchenageme(m): 2:51pm On Jun 16, 2015
I don't understand the difference between this and the Youwin program of the past administration. The op is obviously not aware of this.

1 Like

Re: A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians by joseph1832(m): 2:52pm On Jun 16, 2015
barcanista:
@OP nice suggestion but the plan if implemented will be hijacked to settle relatives and party loyalists. Nigeria have this problem of monitoring and transparency. It is very easy to come up with sound proposals but execution becomes another thing.

The 5000 monthly payment is 100% impossible considering our FG financial standing. Even our annual budget is on 1.5trillion naira deficit. Meaning we are to borrow more money to fund some projects. What we need do is to invest in capital projects. Bring to life our dying industries, fix our roads and electricity. Provide security and watch as the economy boom. We can't do without the manufacturing and agric sectors. Most importantly, we must achieve political stability and social reorientation. These are the only long term ways to achieve growth and development.

We don't need a quick fix that will end up in futility.
Yes its true, you made a good point here bro. Just like SURE-P.
Re: A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians by joseph1832(m): 2:53pm On Jun 16, 2015
uchenageme:
I don't understand the difference between this and the Youwin program of the past administration. The op is obviously not aware of this.
It all sounds the same. YOUWIN, SURE-P and what the OP propose its all the same. Barcanista made a very lucid point.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nasir El-Rufai To Sue 'The Union' Over False Assets Report / Apc Members Organise Burial For Pdp With Coffins In Akwa Ibom(photos) / US Senators Block Sale Of Fighter Jets To Nigeria Over Human Rights Concern

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.