Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,055 members, 7,807,169 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

Best FREE CV Formats To Make You Stand Out To Employers - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Best FREE CV Formats To Make You Stand Out To Employers (97418 Views)

This Type Of Resume Can Get You Interview Invites. Stand Out!!! / Free CV Template For Recent Graduates To Download And Customise / 5 Ways You Should Research Employers Before Any Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best FREE CV Formats To Make You Stand Out To Employers by busybenson: 10:58am On Jun 16, 2015
Hi Fellow Nairalanders,

I have had the privilege of working briefly at ExxonMobil and longer at Deloitte Nigeria, and one of the things I noticed was how other job applicants were turned down simply because of how their CV looks which were not compelling enough and didn't make them look like strong candidates.

So working with the HR managers at these companies, I've come up with a sample CV which will give you a big edge over other applicants, and not only that, I explained how you can create yours and also contact almost any HR manager directly and present yourself in a way that they will want to engage with you further - even if no job was advertised.

It's 100% free; and I don't even ask for your email or phone. This is just my way of helping others to get good jobs fast.

Please go to my WordPress blog: [url]gbudoh.[/url] and download it from there.

And if you'd like to see what the CVs look like: here're two examples. You can get both formats and follow the instructions there to create yours. So far, at least 10 people have gotten jobs using the principles there. All the best.

10 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Best FREE CV Formats To Make You Stand Out To Employers by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 16, 2015
Thanks bro.. more grease to ye

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best FREE CV Formats To Make You Stand Out To Employers by Ifiegboria(m): 12:48pm On Jun 16, 2015
Well done
Re: Best FREE CV Formats To Make You Stand Out To Employers by fashiajones(m): 12:51pm On Jun 16, 2015
love the post..bless you brother.
Re: Best FREE CV Formats To Make You Stand Out To Employers by Valmesk(m): 3:10pm On Jun 16, 2015
The blessing comingyour way and your family just finished press up,see it pouring on you.

6 Likes

Re: Best FREE CV Formats To Make You Stand Out To Employers by kodlins(f): 3:35pm On Jun 16, 2015
Wow. This is o carried.
Thanks for the share
Re: Best FREE CV Formats To Make You Stand Out To Employers by ayobase(m): 4:21pm On Jun 16, 2015
That first CV will be given utmost priority if I were the HR.
Re: Best FREE CV Formats To Make You Stand Out To Employers by edey2real: 5:02pm On Jun 16, 2015
OP, can you please explain to us if this format of yours won't be screened out when screened by ATS.
Re: Best FREE CV Formats To Make You Stand Out To Employers by yvesboss(m): 5:07pm On Jun 16, 2015
Absolutely cool
Re: Best FREE CV Formats To Make You Stand Out To Employers by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jun 16, 2015
busybenson:
And if you'd like to see what the CVs look like: here's my example and another random one. You can get both formats and follow the instructions there to create yours. So far, at least 10 people have gotten jobs using the principles there. All the best.
That Cv is just too rich. With such cv, no need looking for jobs.
Re: Best FREE CV Formats To Make You Stand Out To Employers by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 16, 2015
Nice work of art.

1 Like

Re: Best FREE CV Formats To Make You Stand Out To Employers by bodeoni: 9:24pm On Jun 16, 2015
Nice one @OP. Really attractive CV. I especially like the fact that you condensed it into one page. Shows you know how to prioritize information.
I am not so sure it is optimised for an ATS tho. All the same, nice one. Going to your blog now.
Re: Best FREE CV Formats To Make You Stand Out To Employers by siegfried99(m): 10:43pm On Jun 16, 2015
Sensational cool
Re: Best FREE CV Formats To Make You Stand Out To Employers by useebobo(m): 10:55pm On Jun 16, 2015
nice one... bros whr u dey work nownice one... bros whr u dey work nownice one... bros whr u dey work now
Re: Best FREE CV Formats To Make You Stand Out To Employers by Oluwajuwonlo1(m): 11:06pm On Jun 16, 2015
There is no best cv format that can guarantees employment. God's mercy and favor superceeds all formats.Anyways thumbsup for the creativity/design.

9 Likes

Re: Best FREE CV Formats To Make You Stand Out To Employers by nenergy(m): 11:57pm On Jun 16, 2015
Very nice format, but sadly the first CV won't pass the CV "6 seconds test" and the 2nd CV is not formatted for ATS (if the recruiter is using it to screen candidates)

No doubt its artistic, yet its distracting. Simple and less graphic is best!

I prefer the 2nd sha.

2 Likes

Re: Best FREE CV Formats To Make You Stand Out To Employers by busybenson: 8:34am On Jun 17, 2015
nenergy:
Very nice format, but sadly the first CV won't pass the CV "6 seconds test" and the 2nd CV is not formatted for ATS (if the recruiter is using it to screen candidates)

No doubt its artistic, yet its distracting. Simple and less graphic is best!

I prefer the 2nd sha.

Hi everyone, thanks for the great comments. I'm glad I can help. Erm...the first CV is actually optimized for something better than the "6 seconds' test, it works for the "3 seconds" test. Every employer that has seen it - even just a glance - gave the applicant a second look, and wanted to talk to whoever it was who sent in the CV.

However, I don't really know so much about the format best suited for ATS because in both places I worked, I sent my CV to them directly. But I don't want to mislead people, please if you or anyone understands the best format for ATS, send me a mail at gbudoh@gmail.com and enlighten me please.

I'll review what I've done and see how to make it pass the ATS format as well. Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Best FREE CV Formats To Make You Stand Out To Employers by adeniyitheprof(m): 8:50am On Jun 17, 2015
busybenson:

Hi everyone, thanks for the great comments. I'm glad I can help. Erm...the first CV is actually optimized for something better than the "6 seconds' test, it works for the "3 seconds" test. Every employer that has seen it - even just a glance - gave the applicant a second look, and wanted to talk to whoever it was who sent in the CV.

However, I don't really know so much about the format best suited for ATS because in both places I worked, I sent my CV to them directly. But I don't want to mislead people, please if you or anyone understands the best format for ATS, send me a mail at gbudoh@gmail.com and enlighten me please.

I'll review what I've done and see how to make it pass the ATS format as well. Thanks.

[size=20pt]VIEW AND DOWNLOAD ''ATS Resume Templates'' [/size]

http://www.hloom.com/ats-resume-samples/

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Best FREE CV Formats To Make You Stand Out To Employers by Tbillz(m): 9:21am On Jun 17, 2015
God bless
Re: Best FREE CV Formats To Make You Stand Out To Employers by busybenson: 12:05pm On Jun 17, 2015
adeniyitheprof:

[size=20pt]VIEW AND DOWNLOAD ''ATS Resume Templates'' [/size]

http://www.hloom.com/ats-resume-samples/

Thanks for that Adeniyi. Really helpful. I've looked through it and I think the 2nd option definitely passes the ATS screening. However, I'd suggest that people consider using the first version if they will be sending in their CVs directly.

Whichever the case, the eBook contains helpful tips to guide you in writing great content for your CV that will make you appear like a strong candidate whichever format you use, so for those who need it, you can still check it out. www.gbudoh.

I hope I have helped a few people at least. Logging off now. Got a lot of work to do. God bless you all.
Re: Best FREE CV Formats To Make You Stand Out To Employers by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 17, 2015
great job bro.
u are appreciated
Re: Best FREE CV Formats To Make You Stand Out To Employers by opella(f): 3:58pm On Jun 17, 2015
Please I want to ask if including referees to one's CV is now outdated
Re: Best FREE CV Formats To Make You Stand Out To Employers by WORLDPEACE(m): 4:23pm On Jun 17, 2015
opella:
People prefer to say 'to be provided on request' so that you can inform the person before they are contacted. imagine having a referee you have not spoken to in years who has to boot before remembering who you are and your qualities. Better for you to decide the best referee to give your prospective employer during or after the interview. Many employers are familiar with this practise.

1 Like

Re: Best FREE CV Formats To Make You Stand Out To Employers by opella(f): 5:03pm On Jun 17, 2015
WORLDPEACE:

People prefer to say 'to be provided on request' so that you can inform the person before they are contacted. imagine having a referee you have not spoken to in years who has to boot before remembering who you are and your qualities. Better for you to decide the best referee to give your prospective employer during or after the interview. Many employers are familiar with this practise.

Thanks.
Re: Best FREE CV Formats To Make You Stand Out To Employers by WORLDPEACE(m): 5:09pm On Jun 17, 2015
opella:

Thanks.
You're welcome.
Re: Best FREE CV Formats To Make You Stand Out To Employers by dejavski(m): 5:20pm On Jun 17, 2015
busybenson:
Hi Fellow Nairalanders,

I have had the privilege of working briefly at ExxonMobil and longer at Deloitte Nigeria, and one of the things I noticed was how other job applicants were turned down simply because of how their CV looks which were not compelling enough and didn't make them look like strong candidates.

So working with the HR managers at these companies, I've come up with a sample CV which will give you a big edge over other applicants, and not only that, I explained how you can create yours and also contact almost any HR manager directly and present yourself in a way that they will want to engage with you further - even if no job was advertised.

It's 100% free; and I don't even ask for your email or phone. This is just my way of helping others to get good jobs fast.

Please go to my WordPress blog: [url]gbudoh.[/url] and download it from there.

And if you'd like to see what the CVs look like: here's my example and another random one. You can get both formats and follow the instructions there to create yours. So far, at least 10 people have gotten jobs using the principles there. All the best.

Oga Benson I sight you smiley
Re: Best FREE CV Formats To Make You Stand Out To Employers by bodeoni: 4:57pm On Jun 18, 2015
opella:

Depends on the kind of job your are applying for. It is often unnecessary for most job applications. However, you should include refrences when applying for jobs with international organisations and the government. The former usually does extensive background checks and often require a statement from the referees.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Best FREE CV Formats To Make You Stand Out To Employers by Godiskind: 7:50am On Aug 24, 2015
@ Busybenson I want to know, did you use font 12, what is the font name, and is it A4 size? That's great work! I want to transform my cv to such. How can I do it?
Re: Best FREE CV Formats To Make You Stand Out To Employers by samuel3818: 5:51pm On Aug 25, 2015
OP
Pls I couldn't download the ebook after several attempts. I have sent you a mail in that regards. I made a comment on thr blog too, hasn't been published tho. Kindly help see to it. Thanks in advance
Re: Best FREE CV Formats To Make You Stand Out To Employers by serege(m): 8:49pm On Aug 25, 2015
Nothing happened after sharing ur post on my twitter and my Google +. It jus said waiting for post for like 30 mins. I thought i wud be able to get the ebook. Can you help?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Recruitment By Lagos State Civil Service / British American Tobacco Nigeria(BATN)- Entry Level Management Trainee Positions / Dangote Petroleum Refinery Engineering Trainees 2018 Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.