Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,863 members, 7,806,453 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi (3843 Views)

We PDP Governors Shared The $56bn Stolen Oil Money - Gov Akpabio / Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. / Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by BigB11(m): 7:08pm On Feb 24, 2009
As a president, this man (Gov. Obi) would be a perfect scapegoat for me to send an effective message to the rest and the wanna be politicians.

There is no need to waste time or money, the man himself has admitted to the offence. Therefore, I see nothing left, but to immediately sacrifice his head for the propitiation of the gods, so that Nigeria could be elevated from the dust.
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by webprince(m): 7:26pm On Feb 24, 2009
I dont believe Gov. Obi. d statement might be 2 cover his track so that nobody will question him when they actually find out he's accepting money from contractors. Why cant contractors offer money to Gov. Fashola of Lagos State? thats enough evidence to show the contractor will compromise on the quality of job
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by BigB11(m): 8:04pm On Feb 24, 2009
First, Gov. Fashola is my man, I truly admire his accomplishment so far and I hope he continues this kind of great job for the rest of his 4yrs.

@wedprince:
Now, My man, How do you know that Gov. Fashola is not accepting bribe?
FYI: Just because you do a great job doesn't necessarily mean you do not collect bride.

In politics (Nigerian Politics), we have 3 type of politicians:
1. Collect bribe and also make use of your common sense by doing what is right for your people and your state (this could be Fashola, or Duke).

2. Collect bribe and simply take care of your own and nothing else (this could be Kalu, or Odeli).

3. Collect bribe and simply close your eyes (this could be ibori, or Igbinedion).

It is smart to keep in mind that corruption and politics are loving brothers, who will forever be one. Therefore, Politician #1 will be around forever and ever, regardless of what EFCC or ICPC or anyone else thinks.
And to be honest, if we're lucky enough in Nigeria to reduce corrupt politicians to politician #1, I think we'll be fine.

Moreover, politician #1 is very common in United states and other developed countries around the world.
I personally do not have that much problem with politician #1, because it is only logical to understand that corruption in politics can be reduced, but can not be separated.

Back to the topic:
After all he went through to be elected as the governor, I think Gov. Obi is a big fool to boldly open his mouth without any use of common sense.
He should step down immediately.
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by preselect(m): 9:37pm On Feb 24, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Here we go again!!! I hope we do not RE-define the word now. . . .

bribe definition

noun

anything, esp. money, given or promised to induce a person to do something illegal or wrong

anything given or promised to induce a person to do something against his or her wishes

from this definition, a good lawyer can prove that this is no bribe.
1. it was not given to him to induce him to do something wrong/illegal. . . it was given to him . . after he had done something legal( awarding a contract)

2. it was not given or promised to induce him to do something against his wish. it was his wish to give a contract.

anyway, the issue is that the country is soo corrupt, and shamelessly so, that it looks like bravery to come out openly to say this kind of thing . . . and it looks like heroism to state where the money was channeled into. the governor is not the problem, the system is the problem. he cant stop it alone.( though he can do better than that)

note that while i reject his decision to accept that money, i still praise how he used it. only God knows how the other governors/ministers/local govt mayors are using their own ''gifts'' to do.

in the world of lepers, the man with eczema is the sanitation chief. . . . nigeria sad
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by Kobojunkie: 9:40pm On Feb 24, 2009
God save us all from NIgerians who are willing to twist reason and throw blame as far as they can so as to avoid dealing with their responsibilities, AMEN!!!
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by preselect(m): 9:47pm On Feb 24, 2009
Amen.

and God bless the people who are enjoying some new buses and taxis . . .

and may God never forget the other people who are still managing molues and rickety taxis even though their state has the money . .

AMEN!!!!
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by BigB11(m): 9:50pm On Feb 24, 2009
note that while i reject his decision to accept that money, i still praise how he used it. only God knows how the other governors/ministers/local govt mayors are using their own ''gifts'' to do.

Reading this post, it has been officially confirmed that Gov. Obi's goal has been accomplished.
This is exactly how he prefers Nigerians to think.  

Typical issues currently  facing Nigeria: Weak constitution, retarded leaders and backwards thinking citizens
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by preselect(m): 9:53pm On Feb 24, 2009
I agree, retarded thinkers praise a governor using money he believes belongs to the state for public good. i totally agree with you. . . great thinker
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by mustafar1: 9:54pm On Feb 24, 2009
we are still calling a spade a spoon.

the seasoned congressman from alaska who is going to jail soon had his vacation home renovated after the fact and he still got canned cos it is still a bribe, whether BEFORE! DURING! OR AFTER!. BRIBE NA BRIBE! SHIKENA.

do we need to write it in multiple languages before we agree there are no if's but's or maibe's about this corrupt loonies actions?
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by preselect(m): 9:59pm On Feb 24, 2009
i agree
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by BigB11(m): 10:02pm On Feb 24, 2009
I agree, retarded thinkers praise a governor using money he believes belongs to the state for public good. i totally agree with you. . . great thinker

@pres-elect:
Obviously, you've missed the point.
And I see why your local government reps will forever suck you and your people dry, while they claim that they only collect bribe to build hospitals.
What a despicable state of mind.

Nigeria will be a better country as soon as the citizens are bold enough to stand upright for what is right; instead of settling for nothing and busy looking for excuses for thieves.
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by Fhemmmy: 10:04pm On Feb 24, 2009
Regardless of what the money was used for, bribery is a crime against the land and should be punished by the law
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by Kobojunkie: 10:08pm On Feb 24, 2009
calling a spade a spoon? We are talking of topsy turvy land here. lol
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by preselect(m): 10:09pm On Feb 24, 2009
Big B1:

@pres-elect:
Obviously, you've missed the point.
And I see why your local government reps will forever suck you and your people dry, while they claim that they only collect bribe to build hospitals.
What a despicable state of mind.

Nigeria will be a better country as soon as the citizens are bold enough to stand upright for what is right; instead of settling for nothing and busy looking for excuses for thieves.

if you read my initial post, you will see where i said ''i reject his decision to accept the money'' . . but because u wanted to argue, u left that and underlined the part that suited ur purpose. bribe is bribe, but when the deed is done, who suffers. we can stay in london here to post good grammar, but the guy in onitcha who has a better bus to take him home is a little bit reliefed. he should be prosecuted. but in the meantime, it would have been worse if he used the money to build a castle for himself as his predecessors did.

that is my point.
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by Fhemmmy: 10:12pm On Feb 24, 2009
pres-elect:

if you read my initial post, you will see where i said ''i reject his decision to accept the money'' . . but because u wanted to argue, u left that and underlined the part that suited ur purpose. bribe is bribe, but when the deed is done, who suffers. we can stay in london here to post good grammar, but the guy in onitcha who has a better bus to take him home is a little bit reliefed. he should be prosecuted. but in the meantime, it would have been worse if he used the money to build a castle for himself as his predecessors did.

that is my point.

you have a good point, however, if the governor hasnt involve himself in taking such money, the govt of the state would have been able to invest in such project with the state money and not him now trying to look like an hero, when he is nothing but a rogue, it is the duty of the state govt to provide amenities for the people, so he has done nothing extra ordinary, infact, he shd be jailed for accepting bribe.
Besides, how do we know he doesnt have one house in London from the proceeds of the bribery, how do we account for all the money he got and how much he spent on all his claims?
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by preselect(m): 10:16pm On Feb 24, 2009
now u are coming closer to my point. if you read my initial post, you will see where i noted that the nation is so corrupt that someone can think of using this means to look like a hero. . . .

this is how bad a nation has become. i hear another election has been annulled. has anyone been prosecuted for all these faulty elections? no punishment. hence the gov can come out with this sh-t b/c he knows there is no punishment. he may even be rewarded. i feel for the masses
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by mustafar1: 10:18pm On Feb 24, 2009
the reason why people get smacked in the face and they wonder what they did wrong is present on this thread and NL in general.

u apply for a job they ask u during ur interview u are asked,

"if you suspect ur coworker is stealing/involved in fraud what do u do?"
A report to ur superior
B keep quiet and not do anything
C confront them about it, advice them to stop and you wont report to ur superior
D ignore the situation because u dont want to be seen as a snitch

wetin all of una go do.
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by BigB11(m): 10:19pm On Feb 24, 2009
@pres_elect: here is your despicable post.

What do you mean "i still praise how he used it"
A man is playing you for a fool, and the best you could come up with was to praise him.

I don't get it, my friend.
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by Fhemmmy: 10:19pm On Feb 24, 2009
pres-elect:

now u are coming closer to my point. if you read my initial post, you will see where i noted that the nation is so corrupt that someone can think of using this means to look like a hero. . . .

this is how bad a nation has become. i hear another election has been annulled. has anyone been prosecuted for all these faulty elections? no punishment. hence the gov can come out with this sh-t b/c he knows there is no punishment. he may even be rewarded. i feel for the masses

These are some of the reasons why i said on one of my posts that everything in Nigeria is wrong.
A nation like Nigeria should not be in a mess that she is in, but we all are to be blamed.
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by preselect(m): 10:20pm On Feb 24, 2009
Fhemmmy:

it is the duty of the state govt to provide amenities for the people, so he has done nothing extra ordinary, infact, he shd be jailed for accepting bribe.

i dont know ur location, but a few yrs ago i was in nigeria. . . then a governor is praised for installing bore hole in a village with state funds . .  grin grin grin  money that is even enough to make water available in people's homes/bathrooms . . . and a governor is praised for it. nigeria is a nation where it is extraordinary to serve the public with public funds. grin grin grin grin
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by Fhemmmy: 10:21pm On Feb 24, 2009
must_a_far:

the reason why people get smacked in the face and they wonder what they did wrong is present on this thread and NL in general.

A report to ur superior
C confront them about it, advice them to stop and you wont report to ur superior

wetin all of una go do.

that is a tough one, cos to be honest, no one wanna be a snitch and at same time, you wanna be a good employee, and still keep your "friends" in da office, so that is a hard one, but if na my oga, fast, i will report him and pray that he get booted off.
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by BigB11(m): 10:22pm On Feb 24, 2009

A report to ur superior

wetin all of una go do.

This is a very good one (leadership 101).
And I bet you Pres_elect's answer would be "Praise him and let him go"
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by Fhemmmy: 10:23pm On Feb 24, 2009
pres-elect:

i dont know ur location, but a few yrs ago i was in nigeria. . . then a governor is praised for installing bore hole in a village with state funds . .  grin grin grin  money that is even enough to make water available in people's homes/bathrooms . . . and a governor is praised for it. nigeria is a nation where it is extraordinary to serve the public with public funds. grin grin grin grin

These are why even thug wanna run for the office and yet have nothing to offer, but give them a chance, they become millionaire overnight and everyone now is a second class citizen, useless Monkeys
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by BigB11(m): 10:24pm On Feb 24, 2009
Weak constitution, retarded leaders and backwards thinking citizens(aka pres-elect)
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by Fhemmmy: 10:26pm On Feb 24, 2009
Big B1:

Weak constitution, retarded leaders and backwards thinking citizens(aka pres-elect)

common, let is all have fun with calling each names, but the leaders
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by preselect(m): 10:27pm On Feb 24, 2009
IBB,

i'm no fool. i'm from imo state, how many buses did my governor put on the road? imagine if the governor used that ''bribe money'' to equip a hospital, say, buy extra oxygen cylinders in a hospital . . . . that can save 1 or 2 lives a day for about 2 weeks . . . . it is ''praiseworthy'' that some lives have been saved by a governors faulty fiscal decision. i'm being practical. i come from a poor background and i know hardship as it were back home. i know what a little relief means for a poor man. it doesnt mean i agree with his ''gift policy'' but i welcome the service rendered. period.

it will serve us better to prosecute him than to reject the services the money rendered.
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by preselect(m): 10:28pm On Feb 24, 2009
intelligent, rational, superior thinkers. . .a.k.a IBB, whose great intelligence told him Babangida was the best person to rule nigeria . . . . cheesy
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by Fhemmmy: 10:29pm On Feb 24, 2009
pres-elect:

IBB,

i'm no fool. i'm from imo state, how many buses did my governor put on the road? imagine if the governor used that ''bribe money'' to equip a hospital, say, buy extra oxygen cylinders in a hospital . . . . that can save 1 or 2 lives a day for about 2 weeks . . . . it is ''praiseworthy'' that some lives have been saved by a governors faulty fiscal decision. i'm being practical. i come from a poor background and i know hardship as it were back home. i know what a little relief means for a poor man. it doesnt mean i agree with his ''gift policy'' but i welcome the service rendered. period.

it will serve us better to prosecute him than to reject the services the money rendered.

i am not sure if anyone is rejecting the services, however, i will not praise him, cos he hasnt dont anything special, all he has done are things that are expected of his governance, good raod and buses and all that crap are things that will benefit his people and the buses i am sure is generating money into the pocket of his govt, so he hasnt done nothing special, however, he shd be jailed for collecting bribe.
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by BigB11(m): 10:30pm On Feb 24, 2009
i am not sure if anyone is rejecting the services, however, i will not praise him, cos he hasnt dont anything special, all he has done are things that are expected of his governance, good raod and buses and all that crap are things that will benefit his people and the buses i am sure is generating money into the pocket of his govt, so he hasnt done nothing special, however, he shd be jailed for collecting bribe.

Absolutely on point.
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by asha80(m): 10:34pm On Feb 24, 2009
@BigB1

You are condenming corruption meanwhile you are an IBB staunch supporter.What an irony! cheesy
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by BigB11(m): 10:36pm On Feb 24, 2009
i'm no fool. i'm from imo state

Pres-elect is from Imo state!
May be this is the right time for all to start crying; he's from Imo state.
Re: ‘how I Spend My Bribe Money’—gov Obi by preselect(m): 10:36pm On Feb 24, 2009
Fhemmmy:

fhemmy, i did not praise him. read my initial post please. . .abeg . . i praised how he used it. i did not praise him. bekee wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dubai To Extradite Ibori To Britain / Nigeria Faces Challenges Of Building West Africa's First Theme Park / Do not allow the 20 Fuel Protestors Death to be in vain !!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.