Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,709 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

My Honda City 2007 Problem - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Honda City 2007 Problem (3229 Views)

How Much Is The Gear Box And Whole Engine Of Honda City 2006, 8 Plugs / Why Does My Honda Accord Consume More Fuel Than It's Counterparts / D Light Blinks Continuosly On My Honda Odyssey 2003 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Honda City 2007 Problem by landerz: 8:57pm On Jun 16, 2015
Ok good evening all, my honda city 2007 (auto) jerks when put on reverse gear but the forward drive is perfect. I am scared it is the gear box about to go bad so I need advice on what to do.
Re: My Honda City 2007 Problem by honmusa(m): 9:20pm On Jun 16, 2015
landerz:
Ok good evening all, my honda city 2007 (auto) jerks when put on reverse gear but the forward drive is perfect. I am scared it is the gear box about to go bad so I need advice on what to do.
Hope you have not be using abro to service your CVT transmission.Is your gearbox CVT?
Re: My Honda City 2007 Problem by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:48pm On Jun 16, 2015
landerz:

Check engine mounts, and change transmission oil immediately (HONDA CVTF).

Also. Scan vehicle.

Most people who use the 2007 city replace transmission oil every 30,000miles.
Re: My Honda City 2007 Problem by landerz: 9:50pm On Jun 16, 2015
honmusa:

Hope you have not be using abro to service your CVT transmission.Is your gearbox CVT?
Not sure, just checked google and it confirmed it is CVT transmission

Never used Abro before although I have never serviced the gear box before. Now my question is this

Should I just service with the recommended gear oil or I have to change the gear box due to the fact it may have been damaged beyond repair
Re: My Honda City 2007 Problem by landerz: 9:54pm On Jun 16, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Check engine mounts, and change transmission oil immediately (HONDA CVTF).

Also. Scan vehicle.

Most people who use the 2007 city replace transmission oil every 30,000miles.

Ok will do that tomorrow, please do you know where to get the original oil ?
Re: My Honda City 2007 Problem by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:26pm On Jun 16, 2015
landerz:

Ok will do that tomorrow, please do you know where to get the original oil ?

Call luvinhubby
Re: My Honda City 2007 Problem by honmusa(m): 10:28pm On Jun 16, 2015
landerz:

Never used Abro before although I have never serviced the gear box before. Now my question is this

Should I just service with the recommended gear oil or I have to change the gear box due to the fact it may have been damaged beyond repair
assume that your cvtf at is still intact.
Check the atf for texture,color and level .
Re: My Honda City 2007 Problem by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:40pm On Jun 16, 2015
landerz:

What's the current mileage of your vehicle?
Re: My Honda City 2007 Problem by landerz: 11:04pm On Jun 16, 2015
honmusa:

assume that your cvtf at is still intact.
Check the atf for texture,color and level .
Ok will do that
Re: My Honda City 2007 Problem by landerz: 11:04pm On Jun 16, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

What's the current mileage of your vehicle?

150k, I bought the car Nigerian used.
Re: My Honda City 2007 Problem by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:18am On Jun 17, 2015
landerz:

150k, I bought the car Nigerian used.

Over due.

2 Likes

Re: My Honda City 2007 Problem by kblyte28: 12:25pm On Sep 15, 2020
Pls how did you solve this issue? I am currently having the same issue.

(1) (Reply)

You Have A Car For Sale Or Want To Buy From Someone , Come In.. / How Much Is Ew12 Engine For Peugeot 407 / Engine Mount.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.