₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,333,408 members, 5,163,909 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2019 at 07:47 PM

Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. (30185 Views)

How Often Do You Pray And Read Your Bible Everyday / Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! / THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by VLadipo: 9:31pm On Jul 07, 2015
Please read it if you haven't.
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by VLadipo: 11:14am On Jul 08, 2015
Please do. For your own good.
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by VLadipo: 2:10pm On Jul 10, 2015
Have you?
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by sonmvayina(m): 3:03pm On Jul 10, 2015
I did one time, and the only thing i found was somebody drowning people, bombing two towns, killing the first born of families, asking people to kill others...i had to drop it ASAP..
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by VLadipo: 10:36pm On Jul 10, 2015
sonmvayina:
I did one time, and the only thing i found was somebody drowning people, bombing two towns, killing the first born of families, asking people to kill others...i had to drop it ASAP..

Sorry, you didnt read it with an open mind.

Also, you gave up too early because that's not all there is to the Bible.

I suggest you picked it up again.
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by sonmvayina(m): 12:18am On Jul 11, 2015
VLadipo:

Sorry, you didnt read it with an open mind.

Also, you gave up too early because that's not all there is to the Bible.

I suggest you picked it up again.

nah...thank you. i would rather read think and grow rich by napoleon hill or richdad or poor dad....i would pass on the bible...
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by VLadipo: 12:07pm On Jul 11, 2015
sonmvayina:

nah...thank you. i would rather read think and grow rich by napoleon hill or richdad or poor dad...

Those earthly books can only be of use to some areas of your life during your stay here on earth.

However, the Bible will provide all-round direction on how to live and succeed in ALL areas of your life and eventually make it to Heaven.

So, you need to read the Bible everyday even as you read other earthly books once and for all.
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by sonmvayina(m): 2:23pm On Jul 11, 2015
VLadipo:

Those earthly books can only be of use to some areas of your life during your stay here on earth.

However, the Bible will provide all-round direction on how to live and succeed in ALL areas of your life and eventually make it to Heaven

So, you need to read the Bible everyday even as you read other earthly books once an
d for all.

so which story there is inspiring? Or which is suppose to make me a better person..
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by VLadipo: 10:55pm On Jul 11, 2015
sonmvayina:

so which story there is inspiring? Or which is suppose to make me a better person..

Oh, there are loads of them, the most important being the birth, lifetime, death and resurrection of our LORD and Saviour, Jesus Christ.
This story is meant to change your life for the better by leading you to give your life to Jesus Christ and becoming born again.
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by sonmvayina(m): 12:17am On Jul 12, 2015
VLadipo:

Oh, there are loads of them, the most important being the birth, lifetime, death and resurrection of our LORD and Saviour, Jesus Christ.
This story is meant to change your life for the better by leading you to give your life to Jesus Christ and becoming born again.

did he really say that?..,we should give our life to him?..or your just joking..who did he tell this to?..if he did, i guess he would have been killed earlier than that..probably by stoning..
he had the opportunity to tell the cheif priest when he was arrested, he did not..maybe he wad scared..or what u think?...so why should i give my precious life to him
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by VLadipo: 9:17am On Jul 12, 2015
sonmvayina:

did he really say that?..,we should give our life to him?

Come on, our LORD Jesus' work of redemption was completed after His resurrection and ascension into Heaven. Only then could He be accepted as LORD and Saviour.
Prior to that time, He was mainly involved in intimating the people of the incoming new dispensation of the church and the Holy Spirit.
Nevertheless,He miraculously escaped several assassination attempts while at it.
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by sonmvayina(m): 11:16am On Jul 12, 2015
VLadipo:

Come on, our LORD Jesus' work of redemption was completed after His resurrection and ascension into Heaven. Only then could He be accepted as LORD and Saviour.
Prior to that time, He was mainly involved in intimating the people of the incoming new dispensation of the church and the Holy Spirit.
Nevertheless,He miraculously escaped several assassination attempts while at it.

you know this is true because.....??
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by VLadipo: 5:32pm On Jul 12, 2015
sonmvayina:

you know this is true because.....??

Because the Bible, the Word of God, is true.
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by kolajamesjnr(m): 6:05pm On Jul 12, 2015
Daily dose of bullsh!t grin grin
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by VLadipo: 5:04am On Jul 13, 2015
kolajamesjnr:
Daily dose of bullsh!t grin grin

Really?

The word of God is foolishness(bullsh!t) to those that perish.
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by kolajamesjnr(m): 5:43am On Jul 13, 2015
VLadipo:

Really?

The word of God is foolishness(bullsh!t) to those that perish.
D same word of god that allow mass-murders, rapes, pillage, plunder, slavery, child abuse and killing, not to mention the killing of unborn children dat sounds lyk a bunch of crap to me undecided
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by sonmvayina(m): 9:05am On Jul 13, 2015
VLadipo:

Because the Bible, the Word of God, is true.

ok, because you read it from one place so it must be true..your stupidity don mature (am sorry to say)..just like albus dambudor is the greatest socerer in the world because i read it from harry potter and the chamber of secret..my guy abeg go educate yourself..
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by sonmvayina(m): 9:09am On Jul 13, 2015
If you want to start..i suggest you do a good academic research on the origin of the bible..so at least you will know how to defend it..
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by madlatunji: 9:11am On Jul 13, 2015
doG did not pay my school fees
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by VLadipo: 12:48pm On Jul 13, 2015
kolajamesjnr:

D same word of god that allow mass-murders, rapes, pillage, plunder, slavery, child abuse and killing, not to mention the killing of unborn children dat sounds lyk a bunch of crap to me undecided

That is why this world WILL come to an end soon.
It's just a matter of time. Things just can continue this way.
This is why you need to give your life to Jesus Christ to escape the coming doom and judgment.
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by VLadipo: 1:07pm On Jul 13, 2015
sonmvayina:

ok, because you read it from one place so it must be true..your stupidity don mature (am sorry to say)..just like albus dambudor is the greatest socerer in the world because i read it from harry potter and the chamber of secret..my guy abeg go educate yourself..

@bolded Why the insult? Na by force? If you like, read your Bible, if you like, don't. Your cup of tea. angry
When you end up in hell (if you refuse to accept Jesus Christ and become born again), it's you that is going to burn not me. angry

Romans 1:22
Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by kolajamesjnr(m): 2:15pm On Jul 13, 2015
VLadipo:

That is why this world WILL come to an end soon.
It's just a matter of time. Things just can continue this way.
This is why you need to give your life to Jesus Christ to escape the coming doom and judgment.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin keep waiting
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by VLadipo: 2:22pm On Jul 13, 2015
madlatunji:
Dog did not pay my school fees

Of course!
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by VLadipo: 2:40pm On Jul 13, 2015
kolajamesjnr:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin keep waiting

No wahala.

Meanwhile, what do you envisage happening to you when you breathe your last? That's another kind of end, you know.
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by kolajamesjnr(m): 6:59pm On Jul 13, 2015
VLadipo:

No wahala.

Meanwhile, what do you envisage happening to you when you breathe your last? That's another kind of end, you know.
When I die it means I stop existing
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by VLadipo: 5:01am On Jul 14, 2015
kolajamesjnr:

When I die it means I stop existing

What if you don't stop existing?

What if there is an afterlife?

What if you have to give an account of how you lived your life here on earth?

Come on, it's a risk not worth taking.

It's better to be on the safe side.

There is aboslutely nothing to fear/lose in being righteous, holy and godly.

Think well!
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by kolajamesjnr(m): 7:26pm On Jul 14, 2015
VLadipo:

What if you don't stop existing?

What if there is an afterlife?

What if you have to give an account of how you lived your life here on earth?

Come on, it's a risk not worth taking.

It's better to be on the safe side.

There is aboslutely nothing to fear/lose in being righteous, holy and godly.

Think well!
And me going to "Hell" is suppose to be my fault
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 14, 2015
ifeness:
The more you read the less you know. No wonder christians are the least intelligent
mtcheew non sense
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by VLadipo: 5:08am On Jul 15, 2015
kolajamesjnr:

And me going to "Hell" is suppose to be my fault

Of course!
It's your choice to make between life (Heaven)and death (Hell) while here on earth.
God has placed both options before you.
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by kolajamesjnr(m): 7:28am On Jul 15, 2015
VLadipo:

Of course!
It's your choice to make between life (Heaven)and death (Hell) while here on earth.
God has placed both options before you.
He is ominiscient right?
So he already knw where am going. punish me for what he already knw am gonna do y creat me in d First place? Dat wot a wicked fella will do undecided
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by VLadipo: 9:56pm On Jul 15, 2015
kolajamesjnr:

He is ominiscient right?
So he already knw where am going. punish me for what he already knw am gonna do y creat me in d First place? Dat wot a wicked fella will do undecided

If you've watched a film before, aren't you better off in terms of foreknowledge as regards what will happen in the film than a friend who is watching it with you for the first time?
Does that make you responsible for whatever happened during the film? smiley
Does it mean that you won't make fresh remarks or pass judgments from time to time? smiley

God knows the end from the beginning. It does not make Him responsible for our choices and actions. cool
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by kolajamesjnr(m): 10:05pm On Jul 15, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

30 Spiritual Facts About Spiritual Witchcraft Cobwebs / Christ Embassy Music Director In Court For Kidnapping Female Banker / Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.