₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,333,398 members, 5,163,875 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2019 at 07:20 PM

Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. (30181 Views)

How Often Do You Pray And Read Your Bible Everyday / Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! / THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by kolajamesjnr(m): 10:15pm On Jul 15, 2015
VLadipo:

If you've watched a film before, aren't you better off in terms of foreknowledge as regards what will happen in the film than a friend who is watching it with you for the first time?
Does that make you responsible for whatever happened during the film? smiley
Does it mean that you won't make fresh remarks or pass judgments from time to time? smiley

God knows the end from the beginning. It does not make Him responsible for our choices and actions. cool
I can't say I can relate your analogy to this particular topic
Since d future is already known to him therefore, I can't influence it undecided why punish me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by VLadipo: 2:12pm On Jul 16, 2015
kolajamesjnr:

I can't say I can relate your analogy to this particular topic
Since d future is already known to him therefore, I can't influence it undecided why punish me

The fact that He(God) knows the future does not necessarily mean that He is responsible for your actions and choices. Just like you knowing what will happen in a movie you are watching the 2nd or 3rd time does not mean you are responsible for whatever happens or will happen.
God can change the future though.But it's still a function of your action or inaction.
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by kolajamesjnr(m): 2:49am On Jul 17, 2015
VLadipo:

The fact that He(God) knows the future does not necessarily mean that He is responsible for your actions and choices. Just like you knowing what will happen in a movie you are watching the 2nd or 3rd time does not mean you are responsible for whatever happens or will happen.
God can change the future though.But it's still a function of your action or inaction.

You should read wot u wrote, watching a movies for the first time or tenth time doesn't change anytin about d movie therefore you are saying god cannot change the future? Cos I neva still understand dis ur analogy undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by mrZENographer: 7:23am On Jul 17, 2015
kolajamesjnr:

You should read wot u wrote, watching a movies for the first time or tenth time doesn't change anytin about d movie therefore you are saying god cannot change the future? Cos I neva still understand dis ur analogy undecided

Deuteronomy 30:15 " See, today I have set before you life and prosperity, death and adversity. Choose life that you may live.

Genesis 6:3 " And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred ..
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by VLadipo: 9:25pm On Jul 17, 2015
kolajamesjnr:

You should read wot u wrote, watching a movies for the first time

Cool down.
God has given you the power to make your choices and as such you are responsible for your actions.
A penalty kick can either be scored or lost.
Did God know whether the penalty kick will be scored beforehand or not? Yes!
Is He responsible for the penalty conversion or loss? No!
Should He stop the penalty kick from being lost since He can see the future?
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by kolajamesjnr(m): 10:22pm On Jul 17, 2015
VLadipo:

Cool down.
God has given you the power to make your choices and as such you are responsible for your actions.
A penalty kick can either be scored or lost.
Did God know whether the penalty kick will be scored beforehand or not? Yes!
Is He responsible for the penalty conversion or loss? No!
Should He stop the penalty kick from being lost since He can see the future?
I never asked to be created undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by VLadipo: 1:58pm On Jul 18, 2015
kolajamesjnr:

I never asked to be created undecided

The more reason why you owe your existence to Him.
We (Everything) were created for His pleasure.
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by kolajamesjnr(m): 3:27pm On Jul 18, 2015
VLadipo:

The more reason why you owe your existence to Him.
We (Everything) were created for His pleasure.
since he is all powerful why did he need my worship It only mean 1 thing undecided he is insecure.
Why am I even argueing dis I don't believe in ur sky fairy. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by VLadipo: 8:25am On Jul 19, 2015
kolajamesjnr:

since he is all powerful why did he need my worship It only mean 1 thing

He created you. He owns you. Hence, He has the right to demand worship from you.You don't dictate to Him.
You are alive because He has kept you.
Of course, you believe in God. You can choose to live in denial though.
God has reserved a place for Himself in every human being. Nobody can escape it. That is why cloning is being developed to beat the God factor.
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 19, 2015
VLadipo:
Just like you eat everyday to nourish your physical body, you must also as a matter of urgent importance read your Bible everyday to nourish your spirit man.

No matter how versed you are in the knowledge of the Bible, you still need to to read it daily for fresh insight and direction. Reading your Bible is the easiest way to hear from God. The Bible provides answers to your questions and situation every time you read it. It also draws you closer to God by and by.

The challenge many people have is how and where to read in the Bible. This challenge has been solved to the glory of God.

All you need is a daily devotional.

Thankfully, choice daily devotionals are being served on www.dailydevotionalsonline.com

Visit the site daily to read any devotional of choice and start your day the best way to do so.

Cheers.
undecided
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by VLadipo: 9:22pm On Jul 19, 2015
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 19, 2015
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by VLadipo: 7:59pm On Jul 20, 2015
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by VLadipo: 4:57am On Jul 21, 2015
Please do...
Good morning.
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by VLadipo: 8:04pm On Jul 21, 2015
You can still read it tonight...
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by VLadipo: 5:35am On Jul 22, 2015
Please do.
Good morning.
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by VLadipo: 8:37pm On Jul 22, 2015
I just read mine.
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by Redlyn: 2:05am On Jul 23, 2015
VLadipo:

He created you. He owns you. Hence, He has the right to demand worship from you.You don't dictate to Him.
You are alive because He has kept you.
Of course, you believe in God. You can choose to live in denial though.
God has reserved a place for Himself in every human being. Nobody can escape it. That is why cloning is being developed to beat the God factor.

Real slavery is mental not physical.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by VLadipo: 9:37pm On Jul 23, 2015
Redlyn:

Real slavery is mental not physical.

What do you mean?
It's a sinner who is a slave to sin.

Romans 8:6
For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by VLadipo: 8:40pm On Jul 25, 2015
Have you?
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by VLadipo: 8:43am On Jul 26, 2015
Happy Sunday.
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by VLadipo: 11:52pm On Jul 26, 2015
Did you?
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by VLadipo: 10:47am On Jul 27, 2015
Please do.
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by VLadipo: 9:47pm On Jul 27, 2015
Did you?
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by VLadipo: 8:32am On Jul 28, 2015
Dont forget.
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by VLadipo: 12:18pm On Jul 29, 2015
Dont forget..
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by VLadipo: 9:49pm On Jul 29, 2015
Hope you did.
Happy night rest.
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by VLadipo: 12:42pm On Jul 30, 2015
Have you?
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by VLadipo: 12:16pm On Jul 31, 2015
Please do.
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by VLadipo: 4:54am On Aug 01, 2015
Good morning.
Don't forget.
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by VLadipo: 10:05pm On Aug 01, 2015
Did you?
Re: Read Your Bible Everyday; Let a daily devotional guide you. by VLadipo: 7:58am On Aug 02, 2015
Happy Sunday.
You can read your Bible before or after the service.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

30 Spiritual Facts About Spiritual Witchcraft Cobwebs / Christ Embassy Music Director In Court For Kidnapping Female Banker / Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.