Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,385 members, 7,808,364 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

Did You Watch This Comedy Series? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Did You Watch This Comedy Series? (2194 Views)

Which Of These Movies Did You Watch Back Then? / If U Dey Do Betting. Check Out This Comedy Skit By Jocularz. Very Hilarious. / Which Of These Nollywood Movies Did You Watch As A Kid? (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Watch This Comedy Series? by Eberex(m): 9:51am On Jun 17, 2015
Who was your favorite person in this hilarious comedy series:

SCHOOL STAFF:

1. Mr Jeremy Brown - the English teacher and focal point of most of the series. He holds a degree from Oxford University. He is hired in the series pilot, in which he is warned that the previous teacher was driven insane by the students. Mr Brown is up to the challenge, however he often has to put up with the students' often literal, creative interpretations of the English language.

2. Miss Dolores Courtney - the Headmistress of the school. Ms. Courtney holds a very eminent dislike for the male sex and thinks of women as being superior over men and prefers having female teachers instead of male. She at first hesitates to hire Mr. Jeremy Brown, but puts him on a month's trial. She often takes time to drop by the classroom to check up on the progress of Mr. Brown's class, often getting disappointed.

3. Gladys - the tea lady in the school cafeteria.

4. Sid - the caretaker of the school.

STUDENTS:

1. Giovanni Capello - a stereotypical Italian chef, the class's loudest student and de facto class monitor. He is best friends with Max. Giovanni's main problem with English is understanding metaphors and large words, though he often answers wrongly on purpose to amuse the class. He often calls Mr. Brown "Professori". When shocked or surprised, he often remarks "Santa Maria" or "Holy Ravioli", and also often says "okey-kokey" instead of "okey-dokey.

2. Anna Schmidt - a stereotypical 1970s German and works as an au pair. In her introduction, she refers to "German efficiency", and accordingly Anna is a hard-working student, occasionally asking legitimate questions and as the series progresses, answering Mr Brown's questions correctly. Her main problem is mixing "V"s and "W"s.

3. Juan Cervantes - a Spanish bartender with an optimistic streak. Juan is always laughing at himself, confident of his answers even when they are completely wrong. He cares a great deal for Mr Brown, whom he considers almost as part of his family.

4. Ranjeet Singh - a London Underground employee from Punjab in India and a devout Sikh. He was mistaken for a Pakistani when Mr Brown asked him to sit next to his "fellow countryman" Ali Nadim in the first episode. He constantly argues with Ali, who is a Pakistani Muslim. He has a good vocabulary but tends to mix up his general knowledge, and upon being corrected he always puts his hands together and says "a thousand apologies". When angered by people, he usually threatens them with his kirpan.

5. Chung Su-Lee (series 1-3) - a stereotypical Chinese woman who works as a secretary at the Chinese Embassy. She constantly mixes up her "R"s and "L"s. When she quotes chairman Mao, Mr. Brown replies "That's a matter of opinion".

6. Tarō Nagazumi (Series 1–3) - a Japanese electronics executive who works as a representative for the London branch of the fictional Japan-based electronic company, Bushedo electronics. He speaks English fluently, but has a habit of adding "-o" to every word he says (as in "thank-o," "England-o," and so on) and always replies "Ah So!" and bows whenever he is called upon.

7. Maximillian Andrea Archimedes Papandrious (Series 1–3) - a stereotypial Greek shipping agency worker from Athens, and is often paired with Giovanni. He is attracted to Danielle. Max tends to misunderstand metaphors and large words. He also has a heavy accent, which causes him to add "H" to almost every word he says.

8. Danielle Favre (Series 1–3) - an amorous French au pair who instantly grabs the attention of all the men, including Mr Brown. Her good looks often distract Giovanni and Max from their answers, while Mr Brown is often found in seemingly incriminating positions with her, and she seems to have a crush on him. She is annoyed when the Swedish Ingrid Svenson joins the class, instigating a rivalry for Mr Brown's attention.

9. Ali Nadim He is the most vocal, and most honest and hardworking of the students and often misinterprets the English for a comical sense, but has a very fair command of it. As a Pakistani Muslim, he has a vocal and occasionally physical rivalry with Ranjeet, who is an Indian Sikh. B. Ali's typical catchphrases are "yes please" (in situations where he should say "yes, thank you"wink, "oh blimey!", "scuze me please" (which is how he pronounces "excuse me please"wink and "jolly good".

10. Jameela Ranjhat (Series 1–3) - a stereotypical Indian housewife from Shimla. When she first joins the class she can barely speak English, and needs Ali to translate her Hindi and Urdu languages. She often calls Mr Brown "Masterjee", and her catchphrase early in the series is "gud hefening" (which is how she pronounces "good evening"wink. During class, she is often found knitting.

11. Ingrid Svenson She is attractive and straightforward about her attraction to Mr Brown, sparking a rivalry between her and Danielle. Her main problem with English is word order, often getting words mixed up, such as "you for I question answer".

12. Zoltán Szabó He has a very basic level of English and requires a phrasebook for everything. He picks up slang quickly, most of which comes from Giovanni and Juan. is typical catchphrase is to say "Bocsánat?" (pronounced "bochanot", the Hungarian word for "sorry" or "excuse me"wink to everything said to him in English.

Re: Did You Watch This Comedy Series? by Eberex(m): 9:53am On Jun 17, 2015

Re: Did You Watch This Comedy Series? by Eberex(m): 9:56am On Jun 17, 2015

Re: Did You Watch This Comedy Series? by dominique(f): 10:10am On Jun 17, 2015
It aired when I was very very little, it's only the title that's a bit familiar. My folks used to watch it and laugh but I can't say exactly what it's all about.
Re: Did You Watch This Comedy Series? by Eberex(m): 10:16am On Jun 17, 2015
dominique:
It aired when I was very very little, it's only the title that's a bit familiar. My folks used to watch it and laugh but I can't say exactly what it's all about.

I guess you were so little you couldn't comprehend why the older folks were laughing. I was privileged to be part of those who watched it even though i was young. But the good thing about it is, if you watch it again, it looks all fresh and hilarious. That is what makes a good comedy.
Re: Did You Watch This Comedy Series? by blackmartial(m): 9:18am On Jun 18, 2015
Wow! mind your language, its been quite an age. Very hilarious tho.

(1) (Reply)

Omo Ghetto (the Saga) By Funke Akindele / Poll On Tv3 / Nollywood Soundtracks That Tell The Storyline With Their Lyrics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.