Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,817 members, 7,802,619 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

I'm A Graduate And Not Yet Employed.need A Business Idea With 500k Cash At Hand. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I'm A Graduate And Not Yet Employed.need A Business Idea With 500k Cash At Hand. (4181 Views)

I Have 500k Cash. What Business Should I Invest In? / See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) / How You Can Make Up To 500k Every Month On Fiverr With $10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm A Graduate And Not Yet Employed.need A Business Idea With 500k Cash At Hand. by ksbusari(m): 1:21pm On Jun 17, 2015
I'm a graduate and not yet employed. What business can i start with 500k cash at hand?
Re: I'm A Graduate And Not Yet Employed.need A Business Idea With 500k Cash At Hand. by debeo: 1:36pm On Jun 17, 2015
You can excel in just any business!

You are most likely to excel where you have the passion!

So, what are your hobbies?

1 Like

Re: I'm A Graduate And Not Yet Employed.need A Business Idea With 500k Cash At Hand. by Dannidom(m): 1:36pm On Jun 17, 2015
@Op and you came to the infamous "Nairaland" for suggestions

Invest that 500k into my purewater business. I promise, you will neva regret it grin cool
Re: I'm A Graduate And Not Yet Employed.need A Business Idea With 500k Cash At Hand. by Judeoxide(m): 1:43pm On Jun 17, 2015
You are a graduate and have no idea of your own...What a graduate... To make matters worst you have 500k...kai only in naija you find this kind graduate.. Ok just play naija bet then relax with friends and wait for that oil job you applied for by Alomo grace you will remain were you are...come oh wating you read self....??job application management
Re: I'm A Graduate And Not Yet Employed.need A Business Idea With 500k Cash At Hand. by Godmother(f): 2:06pm On Jun 17, 2015
Judeoxide:
You are a graduate and have no idea of your own...What a graduate... To make matters worst you have 500k...kai only in naija you find this kind graduate.. Ok just play naija bet then relax with friends and wait for that oil job you applied for by Alomo grace you will remain were you are...come oh wating you read self....??job application management

Hian! So because he's a graduate he shouldn't ask for advice abi? Being a graduate means one is all-knowing The village you come from, is it a crime for ask for advice or are you replying out of jealousy that the dude has 500k and you don't cheesy

@OP
There are several business you can go into. My suggestion to you would be to divide that money into two; fix one part in treasury bills and get paid every 31 days. The other should be used to import FMCG which you can sell to friends and also online through nairaland, facebook and top ecommerce sites.

10 Likes

Re: I'm A Graduate And Not Yet Employed.need A Business Idea With 500k Cash At Hand. by Judeoxide(m): 2:30pm On Jun 17, 2015
Godmother:

Hian! So because he's a graduate he shouldn't ask for advice abi? Being a graduate means one is all-knowing The village you come from, is it a crime for ask for advice or are you replying out of jealousy that the dude has 500k and you don't cheesy

@OP
There are several business you can go into. My suggestion to you would be to divide that money into two; fix one part in treasury bills and get paid every 31 days. The other should be used to import FMCG which you can sell to friends and also online through nairaland, facebook and top ecommerce sites.
em bro I never even enter university self I no too like school sha although I bin like am but hate am when I put my skills into action and in just two years I am worth more than that money...OK Op sorry but just start online business with Ali express..ask and find what is needed around your local and import them...saloon people helped me alot sha..but b4you import, check the sheeping fee oh cos DHL and FedEx cost like hell...or you try.........kai my brother idea too much now 500k haba you fit no ever look for work again.....and for that university I go go am but make I reach my target first...hope I try for my contributions... And my bash thanks for bashing me back to my senses

1 Like

Re: I'm A Graduate And Not Yet Employed.need A Business Idea With 500k Cash At Hand. by Godmother(f): 2:46pm On Jun 17, 2015
Judeoxide:
em bro I never even enter university self I no too like school sha although I bin like am but hate am when I put my skills into action and in just two years I am worth more than that money...OK Op sorry but just start online business with Ali express..ask and find what is needed around your local and import them...saloon people helped me alot sha..but b4you import, check the sheeping fee oh cos DHL and FedEx cost like hell... or you try.........kai my brother idea too much now 500k haba you fit no ever look for work again.....and for that university I go go am but make I reach my target first...hope I try for my contributions... And my bash thanks for bashing me back to my senses

If you are importing from aliexpress you can get free shipping. Its what I used last year, just that some of the products will take 2 months before they get to you. Others will get here sooner, but can always tract your goods.
Re: I'm A Graduate And Not Yet Employed.need A Business Idea With 500k Cash At Hand. by Judeoxide(m): 3:06pm On Jun 17, 2015
Godmother:

If you are importing from aliexpress you can get free shipping. Its what I used last year, just that some of the products will take 2 months before they get to you. Others will get here sooner, but can always tract your goods.
mine took two weeks though I have not yet tried the free shipping...but DHL took just six days but lady G the shippng cost was more than the product cost thank God it was a wedding gown I made good profit still
Re: I'm A Graduate And Not Yet Employed.need A Business Idea With 500k Cash At Hand. by Godmother(f): 3:12pm On Jun 17, 2015
Judeoxide:
mine took two weeks though I have not yet tried the free shipping...but DHL took just six days but lady G the shippng cost was more than the product cost thank God it was a wedding gown I made good profit still

Hmmm I can imagine grin most wedding gowns are cheaper to buy overseas. I make but I will also look into importing some. Thanx for the idea ( I just tapped that from you hehehehe)
Re: I'm A Graduate And Not Yet Employed.need A Business Idea With 500k Cash At Hand. by Judeoxide(m): 3:19pm On Jun 17, 2015
Godmother:

Hmmm I can imagine grin most wedding gowns are cheaper to buy overseas. I make but I will also look into importing some. Thanx for the idea ( I just tapped that from you hehehehe)
lolssss hmm I guessed am not dumb after all...but wait oh kai lady G you just used my head ohh...I just ended up helping you instead of the op....lol grin....any way to add more..just tell them that its been imported and show some pics to prove it..and it will be like magic how you will sell it at high price...naija and imported things self
Re: I'm A Graduate And Not Yet Employed.need A Business Idea With 500k Cash At Hand. by nabiz(m): 4:00pm On Jun 17, 2015
Am into landscaping and I just want to diversify my investment. Can we contribute 250k each to start a good loundry and dry cleaning business.
Pls note: it does not matter the type of business u do. What matters most is your management

3 Likes

Re: I'm A Graduate And Not Yet Employed.need A Business Idea With 500k Cash At Hand. by ksbusari(m): 4:49pm On Jun 17, 2015
Judeoxide:
no suprise, u ain't av anytin good in u to give 'cos dis is nt romance, celebrities and phones section. I came to seek advice of good and reasonable nairalander and nt dumbass lyk u. U cant catch in ten yrs even if am stuck where i am.
Re: I'm A Graduate And Not Yet Employed.need A Business Idea With 500k Cash At Hand. by ksbusari(m): 4:59pm On Jun 17, 2015
debeo:
You can excel in just any business!

You are most likely to excel where you have the passion!

So, what are your hobbies?
hum. I lyyk to use computer a lot bt nt 100% in it. I talk. I read (on purpose, 4 exams)
Re: I'm A Graduate And Not Yet Employed.need A Business Idea With 500k Cash At Hand. by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 17, 2015
if you really wish to start something that will make you your own boss, I suggest you visit www.importationportal..com

for more details
Re: I'm A Graduate And Not Yet Employed.need A Business Idea With 500k Cash At Hand. by Judeoxide(m): 5:10pm On Jun 17, 2015
ksbusari:
no suprise, u ain't av anytin good in u to give 'cos dis is nt romance, celebrities and phones section. I came to seek advice of good and reasonable nairalander and nt dumbass lyk u. U cant catch in ten yrs even if am stuck where i am.
erm bro you have no idea my were I am so just stop there...how ever am sorry for my earlier post...I am never happy to hear that someone lacks idea on how to creat job...am sory for my early post..we are human and we sometimes skip to a whole funny being at time
Re: I'm A Graduate And Not Yet Employed.need A Business Idea With 500k Cash At Hand. by Godmother(f): 5:42pm On Jun 17, 2015
Judeoxide:
lolssss hmm I guessed am not dumb after all...but wait oh kai lady G you just used my head ohh...I just ended up helping you instead of the op....lol grin....any way to add more..just tell them that its been imported and show some pics to prove it..and it will be like magic how you will sell it at high price...naija and imported things self

Lolz. Yes o

1 Like

Re: I'm A Graduate And Not Yet Employed.need A Business Idea With 500k Cash At Hand. by ksbusari(m): 7:58pm On Jun 17, 2015
Judeoxide:
erm bro you have no idea my were I am so just stop there...how ever am sorry for my earlier post...I am never happy to hear that someone lacks idea on how to creat job...am sory for my early post..we are human and we sometimes skip to a whole funny being at time
. Am sorry too. No vex .

1 Like

Re: I'm A Graduate And Not Yet Employed.need A Business Idea With 500k Cash At Hand. by debeo: 10:58pm On Jun 17, 2015
ksbusari:
hum. I lyyk to use computer a lot bt nt 100% in it. I talk. I read (on purpose, 4 exams)

Think deep, which problem can you solve in whichever sector of the economy, with your hobbies

Can you use your current computer skills to solve any problem?

What can you talk about? Can your talk solve any problem or fill any hole?

Reading? Can you help in changing how people can read and pass easily?
Re: I'm A Graduate And Not Yet Employed.need A Business Idea With 500k Cash At Hand. by hdeen(m): 12:50am On Jun 18, 2015
My advice 2 u is dat wit dat 500k, go nd marry a lady of ur choice dat is a grt investment u won't regret it grin grin

1 Like

Re: I'm A Graduate And Not Yet Employed.need A Business Idea With 500k Cash At Hand. by ksbusari(m): 6:27am On Jun 18, 2015
debeo:

Think deep, which problem can you solve in whichever sector of the economy, with your hobbies

Can you use your current computer skills to solve any problem?

What can you talk about? Can your talk solve any problem or fill any hole?

Reading? Can you help in changing how people can read and pass easily?
i do some analysis on Education. I do volunteerin work on helpin pple write their thesis(putin them tru), i currently help in a ministry usin stuffs lyk M. Excel, word, make some photocopies, i do d work of an Office boy sha(No pay bt d boss helps me wit small cash and nt at regular interval. Very nice to me and hopin i could get fixed up) bt i wan to be on my own.
Re: I'm A Graduate And Not Yet Employed.need A Business Idea With 500k Cash At Hand. by fyneboi79(m): 7:41am On Jun 18, 2015
ksbusari:
I'm a graduate and not yet employed. What business can i start with 500k cash at hand?
What can you offer? What is ur area of specialization? Can you deliver any services? And I tell you if you spend 200k on food and drinks in a club hosting those stars,with in a week you will have that money back from them cos they must form at all cost grin

Re: I'm A Graduate And Not Yet Employed.need A Business Idea With 500k Cash At Hand. by Nobody: 10:27am On Jun 18, 2015
Sports betting have been tagged by most people as being highly risky to get involved but it is not so when you know how to stake and tend not to be greedy; in fact the gain is far more higher than the risk involved. What i am about to share is for those who are willing to stake high and double or triple their money fast. Most people involved in sports betting want to accumulate 10 to 30 games on one slip and play with #100, now their reason for accumulating such amount of games is because they want the money to increase but the chance of winning the money is very very low. Here is how i double or even triple my money with less risk; in sports betting there are so many options but the safest and easiest is playing "OVER 1.5" What this means is that in a particular football match there must be two goals and above and we all know that it is very easy to score two goals in football.
Now the odd attached to this is between 1.20 to 1.30, now if you are to accumulate 4 or 5(preferably 4) matches with this kind of odd the total odd will be from 2.0 to 3 and you place a bet of #10,000 in a space of two hours you will be having extra #10,000 or #20,000 as your profit from the game. it is very easy and simple, you don't need to bother yourself about who wins the match all you know is that they must score two goals and you will get fast cash. This method is beneficial to only those who are willing to stake highly not by betting with #100.
Now you can register with 1960bet; as they offer high odds for staking
https://www.1960bet.com/Odds/registration/affiliate393684
Re: I'm A Graduate And Not Yet Employed.need A Business Idea With 500k Cash At Hand. by Millionjeff: 10:49am On Jun 18, 2015
Pls explain more on this treasury bill,how much can I get,if I invest 100k.Also explain on FMCG.thanks.

Godmother:

@OP
Re: I'm A Graduate And Not Yet Employed.need A Business Idea With 500k Cash At Hand. by Timynder(m): 11:26am On Jun 18, 2015
If you're into sales, you could follow @KandeoNigeria and find out how to put your products up for sale. Registration is free and you can sell just about anything legal there...you'll thank me later.

Bon chance smiley
Re: I'm A Graduate And Not Yet Employed.need A Business Idea With 500k Cash At Hand. by ksbusari(m): 11:36am On Jun 18, 2015
fyneboi79:
What can you offer? What is ur area of specialization? Can you deliver any services? And I tell you if you spend 200k on food and drinks in a club hosting those stars,with in a week you will have that money back from them cos they must form at all cost grin
. I appreciate u bro. My area of specialization is accountin education. I offer free tutorials when am less busy. I once tot of d food and drinks b4. Cool. I will tink about dat.
Re: I'm A Graduate And Not Yet Employed.need A Business Idea With 500k Cash At Hand. by Godmother(f): 1:08pm On Jun 18, 2015
Millionjeff:
Pls explain more on this treasury bill,how much can I get,if I invest 100k.Also explain on FMCG.thanks.

Treasury bills is a kind of investment where you invest a certain amount of money and you are paid your interest upfront. They have for 31 days, 61 days an 91 days ( not too sure about the figures). You can roll over your interest and capital so it grows faster

You bid for treasury bills and some banks accept 500k as the minimum deposit (like Zenith). Others might accept 100k. Just walk into any bank and make inquiries. First Bank gave 9.65% last year but don't know if its still the same rate.

FMCG (fast moving consumer goods) are goods that will sell fast .

1 Like

Re: I'm A Graduate And Not Yet Employed.need A Business Idea With 500k Cash At Hand. by highlightdamos1: 5:30pm On Jun 18, 2015
hey man !!!....got an intelligent idea for u, i mean this aint no joke.. u can contact me if u reside in abuja...2B35652F
Re: I'm A Graduate And Not Yet Employed.need A Business Idea With 500k Cash At Hand. by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jun 18, 2015
ksbusari:

What's your location?
Re: I'm A Graduate And Not Yet Employed.need A Business Idea With 500k Cash At Hand. by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jun 18, 2015
Godmother:

Treasury bills is a kind of investment where you invest a certain amount of money and you are paid your interest upfront. They have for 31 days, 61 days an 91 days ( not too sure about the figures). You can roll over your interest and capital so it grows faster

You bid for treasury bills and some banks accept 500k as the minimum deposit (like Zenith). Others might accept 100k. Just walk into any bank and make inquiries. First Bank gave 9.65% last year but don't know if its still the same rate.

FMCG (fast moving consumer goods) are goods that will sell fast .

Are you sure of this rate, fixing 200k means like 18k every month, you know what that means? I'll just go and fix my savings right away.
Re: I'm A Graduate And Not Yet Employed.need A Business Idea With 500k Cash At Hand. by Godmother(f): 6:37pm On Jun 18, 2015
engrkenny:

Are you sure of this rate, fixing 200k means like 18k every month, you know what that means? I'll just go and fix my savings right away.

Lolz that's not quite how it works. That rate is not monthly but yearly. Which means if u fix 200k u will earn that 19k divided by 12 months which is about 1,600 naira per month.

You get to enjoy TBills when u fix a large amount
Re: I'm A Graduate And Not Yet Employed.need A Business Idea With 500k Cash At Hand. by dav8id(m): 7:06pm On Jun 18, 2015
Godmother:

Lolz that's not quite how it works. That rate is not monthly but yearly. Which means if u fix 200k u will earn that 19k divided by 12 months which is about 1,600 naira per month.

then that is not business, @op said he need business idea and by your write up it show that, you are not even practice what your suggested .
Re: I'm A Graduate And Not Yet Employed.need A Business Idea With 500k Cash At Hand. by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jun 18, 2015
Godmother:

I for say, What's TBills?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

4 Books Every Entrepreneur Must Read / What Is Nigeria Zip Code? / CBN Publishes Q4 2017 Economic Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.