Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,035 members, 7,807,096 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

How Stanbicibtc Pension Paid Me 25% Of My RSA Within 3weeks - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Stanbicibtc Pension Paid Me 25% Of My RSA Within 3weeks (38196 Views)

My Former Employer Is Yet To Remit My 23 Months Pension Fund To My RSA. / FG Pays 81 Months Pension Arrears / How Can I Get My Money From Stanbicibtc Pension Nairalanders? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Stanbicibtc Pension Paid Me 25% Of My RSA Within 3weeks by Heart2heart(m): 5:31pm On Jun 17, 2015
Let me state it clearly from albinitio, what informs this narrative. I am seriously motivated to write this for two reasons:

1. StanbicIbtc pension's unbelievable service delivery.
2. My dad encouraged me to always share some of my stories for it may be someone's last hope.

I started out as a contract staff in one of the main IOCs in Nigeria as contract staff, worked for 7years as a contract staff. The experiences as a CS in O/G industry begs for another thread. So, I got a better job in Angola(permanent job) five months after my contract was terminated. Of course it put an end to my pension contribution with my PFA(stanbic pensions). After 7months of leaving that contract job, one day I was arranging my document box, I carelessly stumbled on my pension documents, there I dioscovered that I can actually withdraw 25% of my total RSA(savings). So simple a step!

I pieced together the documents needed, and threw in my application. The next day, I got an sms acknowledging the receipt of my application. In the sms was a catchy phrase that says "stanbic ibtc pension requires u not to give any gift or recharge card for the processing of ur application" (permit my urban writing). Hmm! I was like, in this country? Is this for real or one of those image-saving auto responder texts? I was already eulogizing them; rhapsodizing about their straight-forwardness more than their marketers though bellied with bouts of doubts and skepticism.

I got an sms-friendly format to check the status of my application. It is: Status of Benefit Appl: eg: text "APP PEN11100000 to 30388. (The PEN** is ur PIN). I tried it first, th immediate reply was "ur application is being processed for submission to Pencom for payment approval". Wow! I screamed. Early days of the Second week, I checked my application status by texting the above to 30388, the immediate reply said "ur application has been submitted to pencom for approval, u will be notified of the outcome once out". Unbelievable!

Tuesday of the 3rd week, I got an sms from stanbicIbtc pension saying, "ur application has been approved for payment by pencom, u will receive your fund in the next 24hrs, check with ur bank" -it is a lie! I screamed. In same week on thursday morning by 10:42am dot(I saved the time). I got a Gtb sms alert. Hurray! It was my 25%. From my calculation I was expecting 2.1ml+ but I saw an extra 25k. I was miscalculating I guess. All happened under 3weeks. I was monitoring my application status via my phone. No need to go visit any office or lobby any jack. From the day I dropped that application till payment, I was a doubting thomas. So such a thing does happens in a firm in Nigeria? Just wanna shout out to StanbicIbtc, u guys rock! So u don't need to wait till u are 50years of age. Enjoy ur 25% for now, at least future will sort itself out esp in naija. Lolz!

I hear a lot of people complaing of their PFAs; please you administrators, stop frustrating we poor masses over our meager life savings. We toiled for it. Stop putting us under undue stress to lay hands on the evidence of our sweats(pension etc). Thanks!

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Stanbicibtc Pension Paid Me 25% Of My RSA Within 3weeks by wellmax(m): 5:45pm On Jun 17, 2015
Nice. I used to think Stanbic as the worse pension managers. Good to know they can give excellent service too.

2 Likes

Re: How Stanbicibtc Pension Paid Me 25% Of My RSA Within 3weeks by 1goodman: 5:50pm On Jun 17, 2015
wonderful!

1 Like

Re: How Stanbicibtc Pension Paid Me 25% Of My RSA Within 3weeks by Heart2heart(m): 5:58pm On Jun 17, 2015
Pardon my errors in grammar n semantics. I typed from a phone while on the move.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Stanbicibtc Pension Paid Me 25% Of My RSA Within 3weeks by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jun 17, 2015
Nice one from stanbic, I use PAL pensions and I can tel you that they are one of the worst, infact they are scammers. When i started newly in my former company, could you imagin that for the first 5months I got no alert from PAL whereas my pension contribution is being deducted from my pay. I sent them series of email but no reply, even gave them a call and they were saying trash, I just gave up on them.....pension scammers!

6 Likes

Re: How Stanbicibtc Pension Paid Me 25% Of My RSA Within 3weeks by Saved2Serve: 10:41pm On Jun 17, 2015
write to PENCOM. they will pay you to the last kobo. just draft a complaint to them
Castroii:
Nice one from stanbic, I use PAL pensions and I can tel you that they are one of the worst, infact they are scammers. When i started newly in my former company, could you imagin that for the first 5months I got no alert from PAL whereas my pension contribution is being deducted from my pay. I sent them series of email but no reply, even gave them a call and they were saying trash, I just gave up on them.....pension scammers!
Re: How Stanbicibtc Pension Paid Me 25% Of My RSA Within 3weeks by MicroBox: 6:26am On Jun 18, 2015
2.1million 25% in seven years... hmm some company are really worth it while some are nothing but waste of time.. I bet you to move away from those rubbish companies who will pay you stipend for salary especially if it's not inline with your dream or choosing career, be discipline and patient. I bet you some company don't worth it atall.
@Heart2heart you...always remember the less privilege,I recommend you buy a bag of rice sometimes and donate to orphanage homes at your will, you worth more than that.

5 Likes

Re: How Stanbicibtc Pension Paid Me 25% Of My RSA Within 3weeks by PaulSteve: 10:10am On Jun 29, 2015
@Heart2Heart,you mean I can apply for 25% of my contributions and get it in less than a month?
IBTC is also my PFA.
Re: How Stanbicibtc Pension Paid Me 25% Of My RSA Within 3weeks by PaulSteve: 10:12am On Jun 29, 2015
[quote author=Heart2heart post=34867318]Let me state it clearly from albinitio, what informs this narrative. I am seriously motivated to write this for two reasons:

Do you really mean one can access 25% of contributions this fast?
Re: How Stanbicibtc Pension Paid Me 25% Of My RSA Within 3weeks by reallora825: 8:47am On Oct 14, 2015
[quote author=PaulSteve post=35275982][/quote]

So he said I doubt it,I applied since last month Sept 15th it's a month tomorrow,what I got was that ur pension has been sent to pencom for approval, for how long? No one knows,so until they approve,it took 3weeks of application b4 I got a sms sayin it's currently been process for submission to pencom. So pencom am waiting even if it takes one year I dey kampe "Nija will always be Nija"

1 Like

Re: How Stanbicibtc Pension Paid Me 25% Of My RSA Within 3weeks by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 14, 2015
reallora825:

So he said I doubt it,I applied since last month Sept 15th it's a month tomorrow,what I got was that ur pension has been sent to pencom for approval, for how long? No one knows,so until they approve,it took 3weeks of application b4 I got a sms sayin it's currently been process for submission to pencom. So pencom am waiting even if it takes one year I dey kampe "Nija will always be Nija"

Nigeria will not always be Nigeria.
Before your money gets to you your former employer has to confirm that you have resigned so if IBTC does bot get direct confirmation from them on time there will be delays. Secondly Pencom has to give approval to IBTC to release funds to you.
On IBTC end their service is good.

You may want to contact HR of your former employer to see if they have treated IBTCs request.

For most people I know who applied for 25% with IBTC it took just under 3months

2 Likes

Re: How Stanbicibtc Pension Paid Me 25% Of My RSA Within 3weeks by sonssyo: 6:56pm On Oct 14, 2015
ARM pension paid precisely one month. no stories

1 Like

Re: How Stanbicibtc Pension Paid Me 25% Of My RSA Within 3weeks by PaulSteve: 7:48am On Oct 15, 2015
It's important to state conditions before one can access the said 25%. A contributor may only access 25% if out of employment for a period of time (4 months I think). So if still employed,nothing for you. PENCOM ACT

3 Likes

Re: How Stanbicibtc Pension Paid Me 25% Of My RSA Within 3weeks by iamphill: 4:33pm On Nov 20, 2015
Hello, good to hear you were able to get your money from your RSA, I am presently interested in how to pursue such, is it mandatory you have to submit your offer letter from your previous employer and also your resignation letter in a situation that you have been UN-employed 6months after, do respond please i dont have does letters anymore its being over 5years now and i would like to acess my 25% from Stanbic.

Heart2heart:
Let me state it clearly from albinitio, what informs this narrative. I am seriously motivated to write this for two reasons:

2. My dad encouraged me to always share some of my stories for it may be someone's last hope.

I started out as a contract staff in one of the main IOCs in Nigeria as contract staff, worked for 7years as a contract staff. The experiences as a CS in O/G industry begs for another thread. So, I got a better job in Angola(permanent job) five months after my contract was terminated. Of course it put an end to my pension contribution with my PFA(stanbic pensions). After 7months of leaving that contract job, one day I was arranging my document box, I carelessly stumbled on my pension documents, there I dioscovered that I can actually withdraw 25% of my total RSA(savings). So simple a step!

I pieced together the documents needed, and threw in my application. The next day, I got an sms acknowledging the receipt of my application. In the sms was a catchy phrase that says "stanbic ibtc pension requires u not to give any gift or recharge card for the processing of ur application" (permit my urban writing). Hmm! I was like, in this country? Is this for real or one of those image-saving auto responder texts? I was already eulogizing them; rhapsodizing about their straight-forwardness more than their marketers though bellied with bouts of doubts and skepticism.

I got an sms-friendly format to check the status of my application. It is: Status of Benefit Appl: eg: text "APP PEN11100000 to 30388. (The PEN** is ur PIN). I tried it first, th immediate reply was "ur application is being processed for submission to Pencom for payment approval". Wow! I screamed. Early days of the Second week, I checked my application status by texting the above to 30388, the immediate reply said "ur application has been submitted to pencom for approval, u will be notified of the outcome once out". Unbelievable!

Tuesday of the 3rd week, I got an sms from stanbicIbtc pension saying, "ur application has been approved for payment by pencom, u will receive your fund in the next 24hrs, check with ur bank" -it is a lie! I screamed. In same week on thursday morning by 10:42am dot(I saved the time). I got a Gtb sms alert. Hurray! It was my 25%. From my calculation I was expecting 2.1ml+ but I saw an extra 25k. I was miscalculating I guess. All happened under 3weeks. I was monitoring my application status via my phone. No need to go visit any office or lobby any jack. From the day I dropped that application till payment, I was a doubting thomas. So such a thing does happens in a firm in Nigeria? Just wanna shout out to StanbicIbtc, u guys rock! So u don't need to wait till u are 50years of age. Enjoy ur 25% for now, at least future will sort itself out esp in naija. Lolz!

I hear a lot of people complaing of their PFAs; please you administrators, stop frustrating we poor masses over our meager life savings. We toiled for it. Stop putting us under undue stress to lay hands on the evidence of our sweats(pension etc). Thanks!
Re: How Stanbicibtc Pension Paid Me 25% Of My RSA Within 3weeks by Nobody: 8:02am On Nov 22, 2015
IBTC I DOUBT-
Re: How Stanbicibtc Pension Paid Me 25% Of My RSA Within 3weeks by Otes26(f): 10:34am On Nov 22, 2015
Can I switched from one pension house to another given that I am still in the same organisation. Pls I need answers.
Re: How Stanbicibtc Pension Paid Me 25% Of My RSA Within 3weeks by pat077: 12:53pm On Nov 22, 2015
what will happen to d remaining 75 percent if one collect d 25% b4 d age of 50?
Re: How Stanbicibtc Pension Paid Me 25% Of My RSA Within 3weeks by Nobody: 9:36am On Nov 25, 2015
Otes26:
Can I switched from one pension house to another given that I am still in the same organisation. Pls I need answers.

Don't know if the transfer window is up now,but you try and find out if you can do that from the PENMANAGER.
Re: How Stanbicibtc Pension Paid Me 25% Of My RSA Within 3weeks by santafe(m): 6:45pm On Dec 21, 2015
Hello

This is great news for me. I have an account with IBTC Pension Since 2002 which I have contributed for 10 years before I left Nigeria 3 years ago. I think I should get more than 25% because I have immigrated and wont be coming back to Nigeria to work in a long time. Anyway I would contact IBTC pension tomorrow.
Re: How Stanbicibtc Pension Paid Me 25% Of My RSA Within 3weeks by SuzieeDee(f): 8:44pm On Feb 04, 2016
Heart2heart:

Thanks so much for this post. My husband also applied for 25%of his pension and we're hoping to get bless next week.

3 Likes

Re: How Stanbicibtc Pension Paid Me 25% Of My RSA Within 3weeks by Seun360(m): 11:30pm On Jul 17, 2016
Aiico Pension Managers are simply useless, 2 months now, all am hearing is they are waiting for PENCOM's approval.
Re: How Stanbicibtc Pension Paid Me 25% Of My RSA Within 3weeks by Kingzlyizme: 4:07am On Apr 27, 2017
I am here to confirm that IBTC service is next to none. I also got my 25% benefit in less than 3weeks. Its hard to believe but it is very real. I hope this encourages someone out there who is worried about payment timeline. All the best folks.

4 Likes

Re: How Stanbicibtc Pension Paid Me 25% Of My RSA Within 3weeks by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 19, 2017
Can the documents be submitted online ?
Re: How Stanbicibtc Pension Paid Me 25% Of My RSA Within 3weeks by Vicobaba123: 12:29am On Sep 27, 2017
santafe:
Hello

This is great news for me. I have an account with IBTC Pension Since 2002 which I have contributed for 10 years before I left Nigeria 3 years ago. I think I should get more than 25% because I have immigrated and wont be coming back to Nigeria to work in a long time. Anyway I would contact IBTC pension tomorrow.
so how did it go with Stanbic? I have moved out of naija too.
Re: How Stanbicibtc Pension Paid Me 25% Of My RSA Within 3weeks by fummylolah: 9:44pm On Oct 30, 2017
If you need guidance and assistance on any pension matter, how to process your pension payment after retirement/loss of job or a dead relative's pension ( you must be sure to be the next of kin), from any pension company in Nigeria, send a mail to nowhiring.ng@gmail.com.

They are pension experts and would give you required list of documents and also assist you on how to go about it without delay.

You can also text or WhatsApp -08023901770 for more enquiries.
Re: How Stanbicibtc Pension Paid Me 25% Of My RSA Within 3weeks by ogunfrayo: 3:27am On Jan 01, 2018
Good one there. I also got mine almost 3weeks. But now my question is that i want to know the duration to apply for another pay from my PFA cos i have already collected my first 25%. Someone should help out as soon as possible cos i got the first pay 2 months ago and am still jobless now.
Re: How Stanbicibtc Pension Paid Me 25% Of My RSA Within 3weeks by chikago1: 8:46am On Apr 09, 2018
Does anyone know how it takes ibtc to pay a deceased person's application?
Re: How Stanbicibtc Pension Paid Me 25% Of My RSA Within 3weeks by ItzChinnex(m): 4:43am On Jul 30, 2018
chikago1:
Does anyone know how it takes ibtc to pay a deceased person's application?

WhatsApp 09036306269
Re: How Stanbicibtc Pension Paid Me 25% Of My RSA Within 3weeks by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 31, 2018
ogunfrayo:
Good one there. I also got mine almost 3weeks. But now my question is that i want to know the duration to apply for another pay from my PFA cos i have already collected my first 25%. Someone should help out as soon as possible cos i got the first pay 2 months ago and am still jobless now.

its only once my dear, the 75% comes later probably when you clock 50. just invest the one you have collected and plan your life. There is hope
Re: How Stanbicibtc Pension Paid Me 25% Of My RSA Within 3weeks by joel911: 7:52pm On Sep 03, 2020
I found this thread really helpful when I decided to apply for my 25% benefit with Stanbic IBTC so I have decided to post my own journey.

Kudos to the initiator of the thread.

I applied for my 25% having gathered the required documents and placed a formal application via email on 20th August 2020. I was paid in less than 2 weeks.

20th August: Application was placed and acknowledged by Stanbic IBTC.
25th August: My previous employer had responded and my application sent to PENCOM for approval.
28th August: PENCOM approved. The amount was debited from my RSA. (28th was a Friday)
1st September: Payment hit my account ledger balance. Six hours later, payment reflected in my available balance.

Stanbic IBTC truly knows what they are doing. I was able to monitor the entire process via the portal even though my application was sent to them via email. In all, it took 12 days including weekend to receive payment from the day I applied.

1 Like

Re: How Stanbicibtc Pension Paid Me 25% Of My RSA Within 3weeks by babakingsto(m): 4:51pm On Nov 02, 2020
joel911:
I found this thread really helpful when I decided to apply for my 25% benefit with Stanbic IBTC so I have decided to post my own journey.

Kudos to the initiator of the thread.

I applied for my 25% having gathered the required documents and placed a formal application via email on 20th August 2020. I was paid in less than 2 weeks.

20th August: Application was placed and acknowledged by Stanbic IBTC.
25th August: My previous employer had responded and my application sent to PENCOM for approval.
28th August: PENCOM approved. The amount was debited from my RSA. (28th was a Friday)
1st September: Payment hit my account ledger balance. Six hours later, payment reflected in my available balance.

Stanbic IBTC truly knows what they are doing. I was able to monitor the entire process via the portal even though my application was sent to them via email. In all, it took 12 days including weekend to receive payment from the day I applied.

Wow, dt fast?
Re: How Stanbicibtc Pension Paid Me 25% Of My RSA Within 3weeks by Anakan(m): 3:37pm On Nov 05, 2020
MicroBox:
2.1million 25% in seven years... hmm some company are really worth it while some are nothing but waste of time.. I bet you to move away from those rubbish companies who will pay you stipend for salary especially if it's not inline with your dream or choosing career, be discipline and patient. I bet you some company don't worth it atall.
@Heart2heart you...always remember the less privilege,I recommend you buy a bag of rice sometimes and donate to orphanage homes at your will, you worth more than that.

He said he worked with an IOC(oil and gas company that's huge salaries bro.. other companies have their relative standards it's not their fault).

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Ways Low Income Earners Can Make The Most Out Of Their Earnings. / Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. / “My Mum Says Am Wicked And Heartless”; Fresh Nigerian Soldier Reveals. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.