Stats: 3,143,387 members, 7,781,109 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:05 AM

Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia (131927 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Drunk Nigerian Guy & His Girlfriend In Malaysia Found Dead (Photos) / My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia by suzzy16(f): 4:26pm On Jun 19, 2015
SkinnyDude:
SA No Dey Safe Now For Foreigner. You Get Another Place For Mind?
I like it like dat jere,I wan go finish my studies
Re: Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia by SkinnyDude(m): 4:29pm On Jun 19, 2015
suzzy16:
I like it like dat jere,I wan go finish my studies
i See.
Re: Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia by suzzy16(f): 4:32pm On Jun 19, 2015
SkinnyDude:
i See.
abi
Re: Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia by samtol4(m): 6:15pm On Jun 19, 2015
SkinnyDude:
SA No Dey Safe Now For Foreigner. You Get Another Place For Mind?
SA no dey safe ?says who !SA is very safe depending the area you stay and can u say Nigeria is not safe because of Boko haram in the North?.Every nation has her own cross to carry .

Re: Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia by JayJustus(m): 7:41pm On Jun 19, 2015
onismate:
She came back the next day and we met, she said there was a problem. That I came to Malaysia with a visiting visa without reference so for them to make my residential permit authentic, I have to pay a sum of $2,000. So rather than me going back to Nigeria to process it, the fee would be used to process everything. At first I became suspicious of her demand but remembered she gave me money, she might be a nice woman and she may even help me with a job in that country. I decided to take a shot at it. I went to my hotel room and brought $2000. Though I was having a double mind about what I was doing. Part of me said I should give it to her. Another part of me said I shouldn’t. She took the money and my passport. She said I looked scared. Why I no go fear, because it look as if there are too much scammers around even though she is not a Nigerian though. She said I should follow her to her house, that she would bring me back. All was just to prove to me that she wasn’t scamming me. Na so she carry me for her car and land for one fine residential estate. I met her kids, about 2. She even prepared one meal like that with carrot. She said she was a single mom. Na so dirty thoughts come dey enter my mind. As she was taking me back to the hotel, I began thinking of how I will date her, even milk her of her money. I presumed she loves me. After dropping me, she said she would come the next 2 days to come and take me to their office to finalized everything and I would be free to live and do anything positive in Malaysia. Na so I happy ooo.

I waited for next two days to come and next two days turned to one week, two weeks and this woman was yet to show her face with my passport and my resident permit documents. I have been kicked out of my hotel room. The once rejected dustbin room I refused at the back of the hotel building was where I was staying. Every night, I try to some around at the bar to see if I could see the woman but no show. Infact the police were frequenting the bar arresting illegal migrants.

My nightmare started when I began running up and down the building each time I hear the police siren. No rest of mind. No money to call my family at home to tell them what was going on. Infact, eating sef became a problem. That was why some of us in that dustbin looked like hungry demons. Large eyeballs chucked out, long neck, big head and tiny fingers. As a black man, you can’t walk freely on the streets of Malaysia without any security agents asking you about your immigration papers, passport and visa.
to be continued......

nahhhhhhhhhhh... the part were you said "as a black man you can't freely..." NOPE...I did my foundation here and I'm finishing my degree next year and I've not been stopped by police once...not even once...grace differs mehhh plus maybe cos I'm not soooo big like regular west Africans and I came here when I was barely 17

Re: Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia by onismate: 7:54pm On Jun 19, 2015
JayJustus:

nahhhhhhhhhhh... the part were you said "as a black man you can't freely..." NOPE...I did my foundation here and I'm finishing my degree next year and I've not been stopped by police once...not even once...grace differs mehhh plus maybe cos I'm not soooo big like regular west Africans and I came here when I was barely 17
another thing I came to understand is people u move with. Moving with certain kind of people who the security have tagged "notorious" they would keep on looking for u.

Re: Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia by JayJustus(m): 8:01pm On Jun 19, 2015
onismate:
another thing I came to understand is people u move with. Moving with certain kind of people who the security have tagged "notorious" they would keep on looking for u.

yes...very well that plays a vital role...if you also speak the Malay language like very well you can get outta anything...as for me I am near fluent so I get past anything, I go to "kampungs" (villages) and I get free house , free food...you just need to stand out...

Re: Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia by onismate: 8:13pm On Jun 19, 2015
As time went on, I was adapting to the torture and pains of being an illegal immigrant in Kuala Laum. All of us in the dustbin house would hustle each day before we could eat. Sometimes no food at all. We go for up to 3 days before anything like food can even enter our mouth. No be say na better food sef, just carrot. In that hotel Plan B, majority of the food, delicacies, cuisine they prepare are done with carrot. Left over are majorly dumped at the waste unit close to the dustbin house I stay. Na so we go dey hustle to chop ordinary carrot. Sometimes we would wait oooo for days and no leftover would be brought to the waste bin. Hunger go dey fry us like fish. We would wait to hear a sound of waste bin been opened so we could rush to go fetch leftover food. At a time I was tired of the whole thing because all my mouth was full of sores. Chewing carrots almost everyday was giving me injuries. My left side cheeks had swollen.
Sometimes we just pray for Sunday to come because that was the only day I noticed that the police doesn’t disturb us concerning movement, depending on the area one is. Every Sunday, we go to a church close to us because they usually share bread and tea at the church. All of us in the dustbin house don’t miss their service because of the bread and tea we are given. Na so me and my guys will be rushing for tasteless and their tea. I noticed most of the members who are Malaysians are not even rushing or eating the tea and bread. Na only we blacks dey chop the church tea and bread. But I no send.
This particular Sunday, hunger don do us something. We had not eating for 2 days and had not taking our bath for 3 days. Thank God we managed to get water which we had to beg one of the hotel staff to open the tap close to our house. Na there we see water take bath. After bathing, we headed to the church service early enough so we could meet up with the tea and bread breakfast session. After the church service, after loading our stomachs with 7 slice of bread and a litter of tasteless tea each, we headed home.
2 hours later, we were having uncomfortable sleep in our dustbin house when we began hearing gunshots. I didn’t even know were it was coming from. But the sounds were heavy enough to predict that it was close by. The room was so congested. Each and everyone of us were scared. Siren was blowing hot. “Bang bang bang” we heard a knock on the door. Na so fear catch everybody ooooo. I couldn’t move an inch. Some of the guys opened the windows. Na so them begin fly comot from widow. But I don’t know what to do before going through the window would be linking me to a minor underground linking to the major roads and streets. I don’t even know if police officers are already there waiting to get us. The voice from outside was screaming louder, “open this door now,” with an Asian accent. The only thing on my mind there was making heaven. I remembered my mother, father and sisters all my siblings. My imaginations were running wild. My thoughts, “if I die, what would my soul be off. How would God judge me? Maybe as a disobedient child who didn’t listen to his parents?” “chaii na so my life take end?” I thought again to myself as the bang on the door became more intense. Many of the guys were jumping out through the window, but fear no gree me do that, because I don’t know what would befall me at the other side. Soji gently moved close to the door and opened it gently. Immediately he opened it, about 4 police officers just barged in with guns. How they discovered that place we were, no one knew. Before I could say “Hovabuzz,” they started hitting us with guns. And we were over 30 the police officers met inside. I was on the floor when I heard, “Poa , Poa, Poa,” gunshots. 3 guys were already on the ground. The police shot them dead while they had tried to escape. They arrested all of us, carried us with a big van. We were packed like sardine to an unknown place that looked like desert. There was houses like that looked like cells. I had only seen that kind of area in Hollywood films. I saw it as a huge detention center because it has barb wires that demarcated each section. We were left in one big room for 2 days without food nor water. No one came to attend to us or opened the door. We were locked inside the place. I had already given up, that I would be killed. But the third day that the place was opened, officers who were wearing mask was what we were seeing. The officers were kitted, with mask on their faces carring guns. As they opened the place, they took us. By then, I knew it was over. We would be killed. We got to the entrance of the detention center, they covered our faces with black cloth. Some people began crying, while some started singing. I noticed one of the voices who was singing “Anointing fall on me.” It was funny but at that moment, it wasn’t. With the black vale on our faces and handcuff on our hands. We couldn’t see, we were only taken as we matched as we walked about 3 minutes and the vale was removed from our face. ‘Na desert I come dey see abi my eyes dey deceive me?’ I thought to myself. Because I looked back and I could only see the big gate of the detention cell. I was thinking it was the place they want to kill us when I heard, “Ok black monkeys, you all can go. You are free.” The officer who spoke was wearing a mask on his face. Or maybe I didn’t hear well. “Did they really ask us to go or they are just joking” I thought to myself. The officers told us to go. But I began wondering were we are going. They set us free inside a desert. Instead of them to take us back to were we where arrested, rather they brought us to desert to set us free. At first I was kind of happy but the way we began looking at the officers that asked us to go and the way they were doing the favour was suspicious. I felt there was another gender they had. They began shouting on us to go, infact run. And we began running but with double mind. Na me be the first person wey start to dey run. Without food and water for about 2 days with that kind of punishment. But I don’t know what kind of energy that came into me that I found myself ahead of others as we ran. Before we could run up to 5 minutes, we started hearing gunshots. Something in me told me not to look back, that I should just keep running. I kept running, but at a time the gunshots were heavy and intense that I began wondering if the officers were just wasting bullets. I turned back and saw the officers on masked face chasing at us.
To be continued........

48 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia by lighternote: 8:20pm On Jun 19, 2015
Oh jeeez!!! Now, this is scaryyy cry cry

Re: Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jun 19, 2015
sad but interesting

lighternote, why you took my place? lol
Re: Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia by DgRaNdShErifF(m): 8:30pm On Jun 19, 2015
Like seriously, this is how reality looks like?

Re: Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia by johnsonsegxy: 8:48pm On Jun 19, 2015
onismate:

Guy i will vex for you if u don't complete this ur episode on your blog... I mean episode 6

But why don't you put fb share button on your site to share it?

Me i have vowed never to enter any pfuking asian countries be it school or visiting except for biz, conference or Diplomatic missions if any ever comes my way coz i pfucking hate Asian countries. They're worst than white man.. Na their Muslim brothers worst past.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jun 19, 2015
suzzy16:
mars,re u fine now,btw,re u d one I'm chatting with
ar we qworelin? Just askd a simple quest... Well sorry if I in any way upset u via ma question... Live and Let's Live, that's how Life should be

Re: Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia by honeric01(m): 9:58pm On Jun 19, 2015
Is this for real?
Re: Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia by lighternote: 10:26pm On Jun 19, 2015
Sorry bae, lemme shift for u or make I lap u smiley
Soyedele1:
sad but interesting

lighternote, why you took my place? lol
Re: Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia by Iamoilprince(m): 11:47pm On Jun 19, 2015
oga abeg come finish dx story oo
Re: Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia by bimbofela: 12:37am On Jun 20, 2015
Seriously dis isn't funny. I can't believe it actually happened. It looks as if I'm watching those south African movies during apartheid. Its so scary. Pls you really need to finish up.

Re: Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia by Truth234(m): 2:19am On Jun 20, 2015
JayJustus:

You did your foundation here and almost done with your degree and yet you believe this guy?

Re: Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia by JayJustus(m): 3:31am On Jun 20, 2015
Truth234:

You did your foundation here and almost done with your degree and yet you believe this guy?

remember stories could be fictional or nonfictional

Re: Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia by onismate: 5:43am On Jun 20, 2015
JayJustus:

Thank u my brother

Re: Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia by onismate: 5:44am On Jun 20, 2015
johnsonsegxy:

Guy i will vex for you if u don't complete this ur episode on your blog... I mean episode 6

But why don't you put fb share button on your site to share it?

Me i have vowed never to enter any pfuking asian countries be it school or visiting except for biz, conference or Diplomatic missions if any ever comes my way coz i pfucking hate Asian countries. They're worst than white man.. Na their Muslim brothers worst past.
It's actually there, "the share" button. including the tweet button

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia by onismate: 5:50am On Jun 20, 2015
I turned back and saw the officers on masked face chasing at us.

We were not up to 5. Dead bodies were just littered on the floor. I never knew that as they told us to run, we ran, they shot at us and killed some. And they are still chasing at us to kill the remaining. I was becoming weak. As I was still looking and confused at what was happening, “Poa,” another gunshot and one of us was down. He’s been shot dead. We have ran but there was no end. At a time I was angry in me, were was I even running to. There was no were because they would still catch up with us. They were even coming with a car so there was no need running,’ I thought to myself. Something in me still kept telling me to run. I turned around and began running. I was so weak and tired. I was still struggling within me as I heard gunshots. I closed my eyes as I ran hoping to feel the bullets hitting me but yet none. As my eyes were closed, tears was running down, I was becoming too weak to run. When I opened my eyes again, I discovered I was in an express way. No one was there but only me. I turned and discovered that no one was chasing me again. I saw a car on full speed driving towards me. At first I was scared because I don’t know maybe they are the masked officers that were chasing me. Immediately the car drove to where I was, it was a man that was driving. Immediately he looked at me, he drove off. That was how I stayed there till the sun began going down, I tried stopping cars that were driving by but when they stopped were I was, after looking at me they won’t want to carry me. I was so tired and hungry. It looked as if I would die. I laid on the ground until a car drove and I waved to stop, it stopped. I was surprised it was a man and his 3 children. He even agreed to carry me. I wasn’t afraid any more. I believed whatsoever would happen, let it happen. Even if the man was going to call the police, I was ready to die. Na so I enter the man car oooo after much begging. And thank God he understands English Language. That is what I observed about Malaysians, so many of them understand English but they don’t speak it. They rather speak their language.
As I rode in his car, I sat behind with two of the children. The children were just looking at me as if they haven’t seen a black before. Maybe they haven’t sef. But blacks are all over the streets of the city nah. Why the children dey look my like lucozade na im I know come understand. The man asked me were I was going, I don’t even know what to tell him. Because I don’t even know if we are even in Kuala. I asked him were we were, he said we are in Kuala. He started asking me what happened. I told him that I was kidnapped by unknown people that was why I couldn’t recognize where we were. He laughed so loud. He said that there was noting like such, there is nothing like kidnapping in Kuala. That I should say the truth. Maybe the police are looking for me because am an illegal migrant. By that time, I don weak, I was scared maybe he would take me back to the police but he told me that I shouldn’t worry. He gave me bread and sausage, as if he knew I was hungry and I devoured them. The way the children looked at me, I no even send them. He man asked me again were I was going because he was not ready to harbor any illegal migrant or someone wanted by the police. I don’t even know were to tell him to take me to. I told him “Hotel plan B.” he said he was willing to take me there. Na so this man carry me go hotel plan B. thank God say na night we take reach there. “Be careful” were his last words as he dropped me and I sneaked into the hotel building without even thinking if maybe police officers are there. I went to the dustbin house. I was surprised when I came in and still saw some of my goons playing whot. Immediately I walked in, they wanted to run out but saw it was me. They were all screaming and shouting “you still dey alive.” They were holding and asking how I was released because they thought I would have been killed. I couldn’t narrate story that night. I was tired. I asked about soji because the last time we saw was when the officers were beating us. I didn’t know if he managed to escape because he was not part of the people I saw at the detention house. Na so them tell me say soji dey ebuka office for the hotel building. Na so I shout ‘praise God” say me buddy dey alive.
to be continued....

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia by onismate: 5:51am On Jun 20, 2015
The next day, I had been able to regain myself a little and I narrated my ordeal to the guys in the house, no one could believe my story because it was surprising how I survived the whole incident. How soji ran from the police and still came back to the house was even more surprising to me as my story to them. But of all, we survived and some were killed. Soji told me that the dustbin house was no longer safe again but there was another house inside the hotel building that we can start hanging on because the police could come back any other time to raid the dustbin house. The house soji was talking about was on the fifth floor of the hotel. It was a big room linking to the dustbin house. The room is an abandoned place. Na so we come dey stay there.
As time went on, we became more careful of our movements so as to avoid police or security officers. But that doesn’t stop us from panicking each time we hear the sound of siren blowing. We panic and sometimes run around in the house. This particular Saturday afternoon, some of us left our new house to the dustbin to check if we could find some food. Na so we begin hear siren and gunshots. I looked to the direction of the new house, I could feel that people were making noise. Before I knew what was happening, one of the guys jumped from the window of the house just to avoid arrest. Before i could blink my eyes again, 4 people had jumped and this was from the fifth floor. I was hearing the sound of gunshots from the house. From were I was, I watched. I just had to find somewhere around to hide myself.
2 hours later when everything had died down, it was the cry of one of the guys that made me come out of my hiding. Other guys that came there with me had fled. The first guy that jumped from the building had died and the others that jumped too don break their legs. Blood was just gushing out of their legs like water. And we can’t even go to the hospital, no permit. The one that died, late in the night, ebuka made arrangements for the Security officials to take the corpse while we used cloths to tie the legs of the ones that had broken legs. Upon everything that is happening, ebuka no send us. He will tell us, “na me carry you com Malaysia?” how he was even able to get security officials to take the corpse, I don’t know. Many of us suspects that the guys hands are not clean. He is a free man but won’t help us to get resident or even how to get out of the country. Many of them that had died, he brought them to Malaysia through his connection but abandoned them. If you para for the guy, he would call the police to arrest you.

www.hovabuzz.com

story to be continued....

Re: Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia by GuiltySpark343(m): 7:40am On Jun 20, 2015
shit happens

Re: Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia by Truth234(m): 7:47am On Jun 20, 2015
JayJustus:

onismate:
This is actually a true life story that i want to share with us all. An experience never to be forgotten easily. These experiences are what many Nigerians go through in Malaysia and other Asian countries in the name of travelling abroad..
please grab a bottle of ..........., pop corn and seat back, relax as you enjoy this story.
Re: Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia by suyamasta(m): 7:51am On Jun 20, 2015
Oboyeee see evil abeg! Lord have mercy

Re: Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia by ovo12: 9:20am On Jun 20, 2015
onismate:
The next day, I had been able to regain myself a little and I narrated my ordeal to the guys in the house, no one could believe my story because it was surprising how I survived the whole incident. How soji ran from the police and still came back to the house was even more surprising to me as my story to them. But of all, we survived and some were killed. Soji told me that the dustbin house was no longer safe again but there was another house inside the hotel building that we can start hanging on because the police could come back any other time to raid the dustbin house. The house soji was talking about was on the fifth floor of the hotel. It was a big room linking to the dustbin house. The room is an abandoned place. Na so we come dey stay there.
As time went on, we became more careful of our movements so as to avoid police or security officers. But that doesn’t stop us from panicking each time we hear the sound of siren blowing. We panic and sometimes run around in the house. This particular Saturday afternoon, some of us left our new house to the dustbin to check if we could find some food. Na so we begin hear siren and gunshots. I looked to the direction of the new house, I could feel that people were making noise. Before I knew what was happening, one of the guys jumped from the window of the house just to avoid arrest. Before i could blink my eyes again, 4 people had jumped and this was from the fifth floor. I was hearing the sound of gunshots from the house. From were I was, I watched. I just had to find somewhere around to hide myself.
2 hours later when everything had died down, it was the cry of one of the guys that made me come out of my hiding. Other guys that came there with me had fled. The first guy that jumped from the building had died and the others that jumped too don break their legs. Blood was just gushing out of their legs like water. And we can’t even go to the hospital, no permit. The one that died, late in the night, ebuka made arrangements for the Security officials to take the corpse while we used cloths to tie the legs of the ones that had broken legs. Upon everything that is happening, ebuka no send us. He will tell us, “na me carry you com Malaysia?” how he was even able to get security officials to take the corpse, I don’t know. Many of us suspects that the guys hands are not clean. He is a free man but won’t help us to get resident or even how to get out of the country. Many of them that had died, he brought them to Malaysia through his connection but abandoned them. If you para for the guy, he would call the police to arrest you.

www.hovabuzz.com

[b]
onismate:

www.hovabuzz.com

[/b][quote author=onismate post=34947072]The next day, I had been able to regain myself a little and I narrated my ordeal to the guys in the house, no one could believe my story because it was surprising how I survived the whole incident. How soji ran from the police and still came back to the house was even more surprising to me as my story to them. But of all, we survived and some were killed. Soji told me that the dustbin house was no longer safe again but there was another house inside the hotel building that we can start hanging on because the police could come back any other time to raid the dustbin house. The house soji was talking about was on the fifth floor of the hotel. It was a big room linking to the dustbin house. The room is an abandoned place. Na so we come dey stay there.
2 hours later when everything had died down, it was the cry of one of the guys that made me come out of my hiding. Other guys that came there with me had fled. The first guy that jumped from the building had died and the others that jumped too don break their legs. Blood was just gushing out of their legs like water. And we can’t even go to the hospital, no permit. The one that died, late in the night, ebuka made arrangements for the Security officials to take the corpse while we used cloths to tie the legs of the ones that had broken legs. Upon everything that is happening, ebuka no send us. He will tell us, “na me carry you com Malaysia?” how he was even able to get security officials to take the corpse, I don’t know. Many of us suspects that the guys hands are not clean. He is a free man but won’t help us to get resident or even how to get out of the country. Many of them that had died, he brought them to Malaysia through his connection but abandoned them. If you para for the guy, he would call the police
to arrest you.

www.hovabuzz.com

These one is too much those who are illegal immigrants the police will put them in deportations camp ask them to call their parent in Nigeria to buy ticket for them not killing them.. That is what it know about Malaysians they only kill those who sale drugs

Re: Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 20, 2015
Interesting story. . .but naaaahh, i don't believe you. I doubt there is any country on earth that kills illegal immigrants not involved in any heinous crime like drugs. The Worst you get is deportation, detention and risking a life ban.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia by Moana(f): 9:38am On Jun 20, 2015
This is very sad
Re: Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia by tosynbolade(m): 9:46am On Jun 20, 2015
This is hard to believe mhen...what a lawless country,why can't they simply arrest you guys and DEPORT u all
Re: Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia by onismate: 10:30am On Jun 20, 2015
I sat down after the jumping incident thinking about my alive. 2 of the other guys that jumped had died due to lack of treatment. The injuries the remaining ones were carrying was smelling and their legs decaying. My mates go don dey finish NYSC for Naija while I was busy suffering in Malaysia. As I was at the house thinking, soji walked in and told me that a woman wants to see me at the hotel bar. I began wondering which woman wants to see at that time, or maybe they want to arrest me. Because I don’t even know anyone in that place. He told me that the woman specifically called my name and she sounded calm and meant no harm. Fear come dey catch me ooo. Na so I tell about 3 guys make them follow me go see the woman, dem no gree. Na only soji gree follow me. When I got there, it was even madam rose that was asking after me. It was a long time I saw her since about 3 months. She reminded me of what we talked the last time she came. I had actually forgotten that she said she only visits Malaysia once in 3 months to buy goods. We sat down. She told me not to panic as the police won’t come any soon. He asked what I was still doing in Malaysia, that she thought I had gone back to Nigeria considering the fact that I was endangering my life in Kuala. “How I wished I had the money to take a flight back to Nigeria.” I responded. I told her that I don’t have the money. She said she was ready to pay for my ticket so I could follow her back to Nigeria. Immediately she said that, it looked as if something erupted in me. I don’t know either to get excited that I want to go back or to become sad. I asked her to what end was she helping me. Because I couldn’t just understand. I barely even knew her and she just want to pay my flight ticket back to Nigeria.

She said something that struck me. She said she just liked and picked interest in me. But no be so the other Malaysian immigration woman talk before she stole my money and ran. She said I am very intelligent but wasting my life and future. But if I can take a bold step to go back, she would help me. After talking, she said I should go and think about it and that she would be living the country the next 5 days, so I should be fast and take a decision.

At night, I thought about what madam rose told me. I even asked of the opinion of some other guys. Many were of the opinion that I should stay back in Kuala, I shouldn’t go anywhere. If I was able to survive the last major incident that nearly took my life, nothing can happen to me again. Many of them said they were not even willing to go back to Nigeria. They want to keep fighting, maybe one day God would surely make a way. Soji wasn’t saying anything, he only said any decision I want to take, let it be for my own interest. I thought about so many things I had been told that night, even the words of encouragement that they had been so many people who came into that country as illegal immigrants but they never gave up. They fought hard and finally God blessed their hustle. As guys mentioned their names, I was encouraged but staying back in Kuala, na surfer I dey surfer ooo. And another thing, I wasn’t yet convinced about why she wants to help me because it seemed strange to me but since arriving Malaysia, I have been going through series of adventure. I was ready to take this.

story to be continued.......

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia by onismate: 10:31am On Jun 20, 2015
The next day, I met with madam rose when she came to the bar. I told her my decision. That I wasn’t ready to go back to Nigeria. Well she wished me well but that I was just putting my life in danger and time is going. My mates sef don pass me and I am still in kuala struggling. I ignored her words. I was determined to stay back believing that all would be well soon. Madam rose gave me her Nigerian mobile number just incase of anything. I gracefully collected it. As I left the place, the thing was still doing me double mind, whether I made the wrong choices in my decision. But I braced and encouraged myself, feeling that no evil would happen, and that in no short time, na Rolls Royce I go carry come for my papa. I was becoming stronger and tougher.

Few weeks later, I was washing my boxers at the dustbin house when soji came to me. He said something came up. I asked what that was. He said someone made a proposal to us (illegal immigrants). ‘Which proposal be that kind one,’ I thought to myself because he told me that it’s a wealthy Malaysian that brought up the proposal. The man normally comes to the bar to drink. I just hoped it’s not death proposal. I asked what kind of proposal was that. He said that he needs 10 people to help push something to Indonesia. I began asking what would they pushing to Malaysia. Soji said that they didn’t tell him. That it was Ebuka that called and was telling him about the proposal. As soji said that, my mind had already gone to drugs. I believed they wanted 10 people that will transport drugs to Indonesia and I was not ready to do that. That one sef is a death proposal. All Asian countries doesn’t joke with drug related offences. When caught, that one na death sentence. Me sef, I just tell them say I no dey interested because I just felt it would be drugs they would push.

Two days later, I walked into the new house, I met them deliberating who would be going to Indonesia. They said the man who made the proposal said he would be paying each person $2,000 just to push the stuff. Me sef I no care. I left the place. I can never push drugs. I went outside to meet soji. I asked him if he wasn’t joining them to push. He said that one was death sentence, because it is pasted in Indonesia at every airports, seaports and even if one walks 0ne pole, they would definitely see the signpost, “EVERY DRUG RELATED OFFENCES IS DEATH SENTENCE.’ So he wasn’t ready to die.

2 days later, I and soji were at the dustbin house when one of the guys came to meet us. We began arguing about the proposal. Some guys started telling me majority of people who had succeeded in pushing drugs to Indonesia have made it. They were willing to volunteer themselves. They mentioned their names. I wasn’t even interested because I no wan push anything.

3 days later, I and soji were talking and he was telling me that it was indeed hard drugs the Malaysian business man wants them to transport to Jakarta, Indonesia. And with over 50 of us, only 4 people had agreed to risk their lives. Soji said he was telling to know if I was interested in joining those that are going. Me I just reject am. He laughed.

3 weeks later, soji said he got a call from one of our colleagues who was part of the people that transported drugs for the Malaysian business man. He said the guy called through ebuka’s line, saying they succeeded in delivering the drugs and they had been paid and infact the man is planning to help them start a better life in Europe. Well I was happy for them and wished them well. Soji told me that they have started looking for another set of people to transport drugs to Jakarta. Me I tell am say I no dey interested. He told me he was tempted to go with them since he had been in Kuala for long. Maybe when he gets to Jakarta, he would start a better life with the money that would be paid and for this one, $5,900 would be paid. And it’s an opportunity to get an Indonesian Visa. Another thing is that for those that their passport has expired, they would help bribe their way to the Nigerian embassy in Malaysia and it would be renewed. As the guy was talking, I was just nodding because I wasn’t ready to join in the race. Even the Nigerian embassy in Malaysia is very corrupt with so many bribery allegations.

As time went on many illegal immigrants, our colleagues were joining in the race. We were reducing and it seemed I and soji were the only reluctant. And we were yet to hear about anyone that has been caught. The only thing we heard in weeks were that some of them were leaving Indonesia and moving to Europe to start a better life. I even heard that one of the guys that first pushed drugs to Jakarta, one of them had even bought a car.

As days go by, I and soji were tempted to join the band wagon. Soji was telling me that the next one that would be pushing, he would join them. Me I no dull myself. The pressure was on me to follow suit. Malaysia wasn’t the promise land I dreamt off. I wanted a better life. I thought Malaysia was like the lost Garden of Eden, I never knew that it wasn’t what I dreamt of. I had to take my stand.

www.hovabuzz.com
to be continued....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

I Am Traveling From Asaba To Onitsha Today, This Is How Prepared I Am (Photos) / DJ Soda Kicked Out Of U.S Airplane For Wearing "Offensive" Pants (Photos) / All About Banana Island Lagos State, History And Exclusive Pictures

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109