Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,777 members, 7,802,386 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

Aregbesola Blasts Ben Bruce For Donating Own Wardrobe Allowance To Osun Workers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola Blasts Ben Bruce For Donating Own Wardrobe Allowance To Osun Workers (2590 Views)

Constituents Threaten To Recall Senator Ben Bruce For Non-performance / AMCON: Kunle Adegoke Mocks Ben Murray-Bruce For ‘Skinning Nigerians Alive’ / Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aregbesola Blasts Ben Bruce For Donating Own Wardrobe Allowance To Osun Workers by acunon: 4:32am On Jun 18, 2015
The Osun state government has lambasted the senator representing Bayelsa central senatorial district, Ben Murray-Bruce, for offering to donate his wardrobe allowance to Osun state workers who are owed 7 months salaries.

Mr. Bruce stated this in a series of tweets on Wednesday evening.

But in a response to the comment later on Wednesday evening, the Osun state governor, Rauf Aregbesola, accused the Senator of mocking Nigerian workers.

In a state through his spokesperson, Semiu Okanlawon, Mr. Aregbesola accused the lawmaker of playing to the gallery and engaging in self-serving philanthropy.

“Of all the states in the federation who are battling to pay salaries as a result of the precarious economic situation his party the PDP threw Nigeria into why is it that it is Osun he wants to take his pay to?” the governor asked.
“This is certainly playing to the gallery and nothing but a mockery in the faces of Nigerian workers and not only of Osun extraction.
“It is not only wicked but ungodly to play politics with the suffering of the people.
“If the Senator’s conscience tells him his pay is too high especially in the face of the prevailing economic predicament of Nigeria the most honourable thing to do is to lead a protest for reduction and not a self serving philanthropy only in the direction of Osun workers.”

Read full statement below.

Why is Senator Murray-Bruce mocking Nigerian workers?

My attention has been drawn to a tweet by a member of Upper chamber of the National Assembly Senator Ben Murray Bruce of the Peoples Democratic Party from Bayelsa saying he will not reject the alleged hefty pay for members of the National Assembly but collect it and donate to Osun workers.
It is saddening and tragic that Mr. Murray Bruce whom many had accorded a lot of respect is too early in the day joining the fray of politicisation and trivialising the salary issue affecting more than half of the stars of the federation in this ridiculous manner.
While Nigerians are in hot debate over the alleged jumbo pay and the mood of the country Murray Bruce seems to have turned the plight of Nigerian workers to a thing of an entertainment.
Of all the states in the federation who are battling to pay salaries as a result of the precarious economic situation his party the PDP threw Nigeria into why is it that it is Osun he wants to take his pay to? This is certainly playing to the gallery and nothing but a mockery in the faces of Nigerian workers and not only of Osun extraction. It is not only wicked but ungodly to play politics with the suffering of the people.
If the Senator’s conscience tells him his pay is too high especially in the face of the prevailing economic predicament of Nigeria the most honourable thing to do is to lead a protest for reduction and not a self serving philanthropy only in the direction of Osun workers.
Semiu Okanlawon
Director Bureau of Communication and Strategy
Office of the Governor Osogbo
source http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/185269-aregbesola-blasts-ben-bruce-for-donating-own-wardrobe-allowance-to-osun-workers.html

1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Blasts Ben Bruce For Donating Own Wardrobe Allowance To Osun Workers by Disclaimer: 4:35am On Jun 18, 2015
Shameless old fool who need to bury his head in the mud. Attacking someone extending help to the people whom you are trusted with. You should be grateful for once. Is 7 months without salary a joke? You subjected Osun works into unnecessary hardship yet you show no remorse instead you are showing public display of arrogance.

You can not steal this one Oga aregbe jale.

16 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Blasts Ben Bruce For Donating Own Wardrobe Allowance To Osun Workers by acunon: 4:40am On Jun 18, 2015
Disclaimer:
oga landlord,dis early morning?
Re: Aregbesola Blasts Ben Bruce For Donating Own Wardrobe Allowance To Osun Workers by Disclaimer: 4:43am On Jun 18, 2015
acunon:

oga landlord,dis early morning?
it not early morning where I reside.
Re: Aregbesola Blasts Ben Bruce For Donating Own Wardrobe Allowance To Osun Workers by abimbola74(m): 4:48am On Jun 18, 2015
since u'v failed to stnd up 2 ya responsibilities,u shld expct more of dis baba kabiru

5 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Blasts Ben Bruce For Donating Own Wardrobe Allowance To Osun Workers by Feranchek(m): 4:53am On Jun 18, 2015
Make dem reject am na.... (iffa hia! ) all these ones wey you dey talk na akuko. Truth be told, they need the money and anywhere it comes from, does not concern that osun state worker o0o0! Pesin wey geh shidrens for house na im you dey tell sey dem dey mock am by giving him some dough.

Buh this Bruce sef.... he should actually start a protest and not 'acting' righteous

4 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Blasts Ben Bruce For Donating Own Wardrobe Allowance To Osun Workers by fitzmayowa: 5:04am On Jun 18, 2015
The arrogant failure of a governor is blasting someone trying to help those he is suppose to govern, instead of him to cover his face in shame for this failure...

Well only in naija is where a politician like this would still be flaunting his failure withour remorse...Yeye dey smell

5 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Blasts Ben Bruce For Donating Own Wardrobe Allowance To Osun Workers by ulokomat(m): 5:15am On Jun 18, 2015
Waoooo rilly?
Re: Aregbesola Blasts Ben Bruce For Donating Own Wardrobe Allowance To Osun Workers by enoqueen: 5:17am On Jun 18, 2015
Well said. tongue
Re: Aregbesola Blasts Ben Bruce For Donating Own Wardrobe Allowance To Osun Workers by kemdaniels: 5:29am On Jun 18, 2015
What arrogant,insolent old man that cant own up to his responsibilities and failures.All he cares about is his pride and not the peoples plight.Lampooning someone for being philanthropic because he thinks Ben Bruce is like himself,short sighted and self serving.

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Blasts Ben Bruce For Donating Own Wardrobe Allowance To Osun Workers by obyrich(m): 5:31am On Jun 18, 2015
If na foreign Aid from America won't you accept with glowing praises to the donor, Aregbe? It's time to kill your pride and save your people oga governor.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Blasts Ben Bruce For Donating Own Wardrobe Allowance To Osun Workers by meezynetwork(m): 5:35am On Jun 18, 2015
Lol
Re: Aregbesola Blasts Ben Bruce For Donating Own Wardrobe Allowance To Osun Workers by cecejobs(m): 5:42am On Jun 18, 2015
=))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º​=)) . "=D" ♡HaHaHa♡ . <> ĥǻĥǻHa♡ . _/ \_ ĥǻĥǻ ĥǻĥǻ
Aregbe teachn pple lesson since 2nd tenure. I laf in French

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Blasts Ben Bruce For Donating Own Wardrobe Allowance To Osun Workers by oluwafemi113(m): 5:51am On Jun 18, 2015
Following
Re: Aregbesola Blasts Ben Bruce For Donating Own Wardrobe Allowance To Osun Workers by olasmith10(m): 6:08am On Jun 18, 2015
Re: Aregbesola Blasts Ben Bruce For Donating Own Wardrobe Allowance To Osun Workers by steppin: 6:13am On Jun 18, 2015
Aregbe na bloody foool! Try and appreciate the help, even if it was a politcal stunt. Help na help.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Blasts Ben Bruce For Donating Own Wardrobe Allowance To Osun Workers by chumakk: 6:14am On Jun 18, 2015
Why can't the workers go on strike if really they don't make illegal money
Re: Aregbesola Blasts Ben Bruce For Donating Own Wardrobe Allowance To Osun Workers by Bishop4bella(m): 6:16am On Jun 18, 2015
Why won't they mock since you have shown us that you are a propare Ijesha man.

You don't know anything, by the time this PDP-looser team in Osun are through with you your yansh go hot. Your APC counterpart did not even show any sign to relief you when they know how you have mis-manage the state money.

Governor that worth probing.

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Blasts Ben Bruce For Donating Own Wardrobe Allowance To Osun Workers by Nobody: 6:19am On Jun 18, 2015
Shameless governor go and drink kunu.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Blasts Ben Bruce For Donating Own Wardrobe Allowance To Osun Workers by buskie13(m): 6:23am On Jun 18, 2015
now i feel sad for de Yoruba race...almost all of dem are senseless... Aregberascal is an epitome of foolishness.. my 2 cent.

4 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Blasts Ben Bruce For Donating Own Wardrobe Allowance To Osun Workers by azimibraun: 6:26am On Jun 18, 2015
Inconsistent and poor thinking Nigerians at it again. Just yesterday we all complained that the Wardrobe allowance was an insult on our sensibility and totally unacceptable to the Nigerian, tody we are here attempting to shower praises on a Man who wishes to donate his own to a ppl in need. So for him wardrobe allowance should stand nd then wht happens in the case of the orther 108 senators who will not be donating theirs; wardrobe allowance should go abi? I am not for Aregbesola or for Ben Bruce. I am for mortality. Ben Bruce can donate from his foundation or from silver bird group or Rythm Fm funds but not from a controversial fund. I hope I am not misunderstood. Good morning Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Blasts Ben Bruce For Donating Own Wardrobe Allowance To Osun Workers by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:40am On Jun 18, 2015
I just hate reading things about Ben Bruce. He is full of hypocricy. If he said he would give his allowance to Osun State's workers, what happens to the same allowance he admitted is borgus after the workers are paid?
Re: Aregbesola Blasts Ben Bruce For Donating Own Wardrobe Allowance To Osun Workers by azimibraun: 6:45am On Jun 18, 2015
Ben Bruce Good intentions, Aregbesola not a Bad responses. That's how I see the whole thing. Am taking my position from the mythical historic story of the legendary Robin Hood. I read some kids grew up to slain their parents for using stolen food and items from Robin Hood to raise them. Inotherwords no Osun citizen will ever have the moral right to question the " controversial" wardrobe allowance having benefited from it. Somethings have far reaching consequences later in life. Osun ppl just like Benue and the orthe states need urgent help and it's a notorious fact. But help should never come from controversial sources. Ben Bruce wardrobe allowance, Kasamu alleged drug money etc. Osun ppl have seen the worst may God give them the ability to wait for the legitimate " Bail Out fund" amin. It's so sad how we got here anyway. My last advice is that next time Ben Bruce should not go solo on matters like this. Suggest to all sentors in affected states to give to their individual states and not from a controversial and contentious source as the wardrobe allowance. May be from salaries or per diems.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Blasts Ben Bruce For Donating Own Wardrobe Allowance To Osun Workers by Nobody: 6:47am On Jun 18, 2015
if helping the people is what this old man call mocking, then I think the people of osun state needs more of the mocking now than any other time.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Blasts Ben Bruce For Donating Own Wardrobe Allowance To Osun Workers by ngmgeek(m): 6:47am On Jun 18, 2015
There is no better clown out there like Aregbesola. It's only a heartless man with no core that will blast someone who want to share what he has with those in need. There is no place for people like this man is a progressive Nigeria.
Re: Aregbesola Blasts Ben Bruce For Donating Own Wardrobe Allowance To Osun Workers by Nobody: 6:49am On Jun 18, 2015
if helping the people is what this old man call mocking, then I think the people of osun state needs more of the mockry now than any other time.
Re: Aregbesola Blasts Ben Bruce For Donating Own Wardrobe Allowance To Osun Workers by Nobody: 6:49am On Jun 18, 2015
I know this will make front page, till then I comment my reserve.
Re: Aregbesola Blasts Ben Bruce For Donating Own Wardrobe Allowance To Osun Workers by GrandMufti: 6:52am On Jun 18, 2015
Ask and you shall receive. The workers asked for help and they got it. Simple
Re: Aregbesola Blasts Ben Bruce For Donating Own Wardrobe Allowance To Osun Workers by Nobody: 6:57am On Jun 18, 2015
Yellowbars no get shame Where tinubu dhe since He no even send osun state
Re: Aregbesola Blasts Ben Bruce For Donating Own Wardrobe Allowance To Osun Workers by overdrive(m): 6:58am On Jun 18, 2015
how will the money be shared among d workers?
Re: Aregbesola Blasts Ben Bruce For Donating Own Wardrobe Allowance To Osun Workers by dkronicle(m): 6:59am On Jun 18, 2015
Sometimes naija leaderx do surprise me. Some1 that is suppose to welcum MURRAY is now bashin him.. If his angry, he should pay his state workers with his personal money.. #ingr8

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Orders Speedy Action On Re-establishment Nigeria Airways / BREAKING : Customs Comptroller General Abdullahi Inde Resigns / Buhari Should Declare State Of Emergency In Anambra State Now!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.