Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,028 members, 7,807,045 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

Summary Of Things That Nullify A Person's Fast (sawm) - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Summary Of Things That Nullify A Person's Fast (sawm) (19398 Views)

Things That Do NOT Break The Fast - Ramadan / April Fool And Some Other Non-permissible Jokes In Islam (summary) / Things That Invalidate The Fast (sawm) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Summary Of Things That Nullify A Person's Fast (sawm) by good4all: 11:50am On Jun 18, 2015
Waiyakum
Re: Summary Of Things That Nullify A Person's Fast (sawm) by Kagarko(m): 11:50am On Jun 18, 2015
dridowu:
Jazakum llahu khair, what about brushing of teeth. May Allah make it easy for us

OP Jazakumullah bil Jannah. Amin.
As for the question of brushing, scholars differs in opinion. Some feel there is no problem so long as the sweet content of the paste don't move down to the stomach.
While some said no to brushing from down to sunset. Majority of Muslims who have this urge for brushing does so because of the smell in the mouth and that is totally not accepted.
Wallahu Ta'aala A'alam.
Taqabbalallahu minna wa minkum.
Amin Yaa Rabbil Aalamin.

2 Likes

Re: Summary Of Things That Nullify A Person's Fast (sawm) by Omotayor123(f): 12:05pm On Jun 18, 2015
Nice write up. May Allah see us through....
Re: Summary Of Things That Nullify A Person's Fast (sawm) by base83: 12:25pm On Jun 18, 2015
Thank u for the post, however I have to ask concerning Inhaler for respiratory relief, say Ventolin inhaler, while still having the strength to continue the fast but needs the inhaler to relieve stressed breathing, Is it permissible?
I argued that since its not food and the user derives no pleasure from the use it should be, but was told that it is going to pass through the throat so it nullifies the fast.
I need answers please.
Re: Summary Of Things That Nullify A Person's Fast (sawm) by wonlasewonimi: 12:26pm On Jun 18, 2015
Maybe ISIS would permanently stop beheading in this holy month.
Re: Summary Of Things That Nullify A Person's Fast (sawm) by ybalogs(m): 12:33pm On Jun 18, 2015
dridowu:
Jazakum llahu khair, what about brushing of teeth. May Allah make it easy for us
I don't think brushing our teeth nullify our fast cos we're even encouraged to use Shiwak before every Salat. Wallahu Ahlam.
Re: Summary Of Things That Nullify A Person's Fast (sawm) by ybalogs(m): 12:37pm On Jun 18, 2015
All in all, we have another opportunity to be blessed and forgiven for all our past mistakes. May Allah grant us the energy to do all the Ibadahs sincerely and make us continue to be good all year round even after Ramadan. Alhamdulillah I'm given this opportunity yet again to meet my Rab cleanly.
Re: Summary Of Things That Nullify A Person's Fast (sawm) by eluquenson(m): 1:07pm On Jun 18, 2015
Jazakallahu khairan

Ramadan Kareem to you all
Re: Summary Of Things That Nullify A Person's Fast (sawm) by adexmuhyi(m): 1:55pm On Jun 18, 2015
Jazakallahu khairan. may Almighty Allah not deprive us of the bountiful blessins of ramadan and may he accept it as an act of ibadah.amin
Re: Summary Of Things That Nullify A Person's Fast (sawm) by MsTIQ(m): 2:05pm On Jun 18, 2015
JazakAllahu Khairan! May Allah(SWT) accept this fast as an act of Ibadah and may He put his Barakah on it!
Re: Summary Of Things That Nullify A Person's Fast (sawm) by farmer99: 3:40pm On Jun 18, 2015
what about not performing 5 time daily prayer at d right tym
Re: Summary Of Things That Nullify A Person's Fast (sawm) by acaolly1(m): 3:43pm On Jun 18, 2015
Jazakum Lah Khairan
Re: Summary Of Things That Nullify A Person's Fast (sawm) by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 18, 2015
Informative.
May Allah protect us from falling into things dat can nullify/ decrease reward of our fast.
Re: Summary Of Things That Nullify A Person's Fast (sawm) by Walexz02(m): 6:30pm On Jun 18, 2015
wao! Its Ramadan cool cool
Re: Summary Of Things That Nullify A Person's Fast (sawm) by Lantean(m): 10:07pm On Jun 18, 2015
wonlasewonimi:
Maybe ISIS would permanently stop beheading in this holy month.
i don't know what you're driving at, but, no matter the reason terrorists give, terrorism and Jihad are not the same.

1 Like

Re: Summary Of Things That Nullify A Person's Fast (sawm) by xage(m): 2:29am On Jun 19, 2015
@OP if only you knew the kind of reward you ve earn yourself..jazakalahu khairan

Islam, there's no such perfection, imagine having clear and affordable rules to carrying out all obligation...

Ramadan is a gift, please embrace it as it should be embraced brothers and sisters
Re: Summary Of Things That Nullify A Person's Fast (sawm) by wonlasewonimi: 9:21am On Jun 19, 2015
Lantean:

i don't know what you're driving at, but, no matter the reason terrorists give, terrorism and Jihad are not the same.

do both not involve killing people?
Re: Summary Of Things That Nullify A Person's Fast (sawm) by Lantean(m): 5:07am On Jun 25, 2015
wonlasewonimi:

do both not involve killing people?
No Jihad doesn't involve killing people.
'Next time, something seems vague to you consult appropriate books on such matters instead of spreading hypocrisy or what you don't understand. Or better, steer clear of topics that don't concern you.
Re: Summary Of Things That Nullify A Person's Fast (sawm) by wonlasewonimi: 10:14am On Jun 25, 2015
Lantean:

No Jihad doesn't involve killing people.
'Next time, something seems vague to you consult appropriate books on such matters instead of spreading hypocrisy or what you don't understand. Or better, steer clear of topics that don't concern you.

Say what you like here is the what I culled from islamic dico -- Dictionary of Islam,[3] talk of jihad having two meanings: an inner spiritual struggle (the "greater jihad"wink, and an outer physical struggle against the enemies of Islam (the "lesser jihad"wink[3][8] which may take a violent or non-violent form.
Re: Summary Of Things That Nullify A Person's Fast (sawm) by Lantean(m): 8:16pm On Jun 25, 2015
wonlasewonimi:

Say what you like here is the what I culled from islamic dico -- Dictionary of Islam,[3] talk of jihad having two meanings: an inner spiritual struggle (the "greater jihad"wink, and an outer physical struggle against the enemies of Islam (the "lesser jihad"wink[3][8] which may take a violent or non-violent form.
Good call - quoting. While you're searching the web for argument points you should also find out which Islamic resource has the most authority and what you think The Book implies about deference to authority(Quran 4:59).
While you're "Googling" that, bear in mind that just because a bunch of fools call themselves Muslims, it doesn't make them so. Attestation to the oness of Allah is one of a multitude of things that make you one. Rather, they have violated one of the Articles of Faith - heeding the Prophet's warning of abiding by the Quran's instructions one of which is: submission to authority(government) hence violating Quran 4:59.

(1) (2) (Reply)

An Atheist's Letter To Nigerian Muslims (El Rufai's Tweet Didnt Result In Riots) / Steps To Avoid Extra-marital Affairs In The Workplace (and Elsewhere) / Eid-l-fitri 2019: Crescent Has Been Sighted, Sultan To Make Announcement Shortly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.