Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

Who Remembers This Phone? Amazing! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Who Remembers This Phone? Amazing! (42066 Views)

How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? / This Phone beat Infinix Note 3 Pro, Except For Battery. And Its Cheaper / This phone has the longest battery Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Remembers This Phone? Amazing! by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 18, 2015
Just that we in this part of the world don't have maintenance culture, this type of phone booth is still being used in even develop countries as China an USA
angry angry sad sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Phone? Amazing! by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 18, 2015
it's not old School technology, developed countries still use those phone boots, communications shouldn't be mobile alone.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Remembers This Phone? Amazing! by anonimi: 12:31pm On Jun 18, 2015
brennyB:
grin #ThankGodForTheUpgrade

To which we BLACK people contributed practically NOTHING!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Remembers This Phone? Amazing! by RobinHez(m): 12:31pm On Jun 18, 2015
sunnyworld2love:

Where u won flash ur coins finish be that grin cheesy
abi smiley
Re: Who Remembers This Phone? Amazing! by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jun 18, 2015
anonimi:

We're largely CONSUMERS
Re: Who Remembers This Phone? Amazing! by peculiarabacus(m): 12:32pm On Jun 18, 2015
#forwardever
Re: Who Remembers This Phone? Amazing! by RobinHez(m): 12:32pm On Jun 18, 2015
anonimi:

wetin be una own sef? angry
Re: Who Remembers This Phone? Amazing! by godoluwa(m): 12:34pm On Jun 18, 2015
MyZoto:
Who remembers those days of queueing at NITEL phone booths just to make a phone call? Thank God for technology!

#tbt #throwbackthursday
chai! d stuff lasted till 90s. we dey use phone without buying one. all u need is a card dat luks like ATM card & u r good to go
Re: Who Remembers This Phone? Amazing! by AREWAINC(m): 12:34pm On Jun 18, 2015
'RAMADAN KAREEM' TO ALL OUR MUSLIM CUSTOMERS....Alright we really appreciate... Those that have been giving us a call..... We really appreciate you once again. We like to tell you our hair price are still the same...... we serve with only quality product not fake..... From #Arewahairinc... Call to make your............Order, 08074854328 or whatapps Us on the same Number..... You could also ping us.. 292DA7FC.... To see the pics of what we have go to fb.com/Arewahairinc
Re: Who Remembers This Phone? Amazing! by ajepako(f): 12:35pm On Jun 18, 2015
This is even better

In the early 80s,

You go to NET building in Marina to make phone call

and if you need to call abroad,

You will have to take a number and queue

Gosh! Nigeria has really evolved..
Re: Who Remembers This Phone? Amazing! by Adesiji77: 12:35pm On Jun 18, 2015
Very well...does it mean that I am now old
Re: Who Remembers This Phone? Amazing! by naptu2: 12:36pm On Jun 18, 2015
Ishilove:
cheesy

Rock rock rock rock

The telephone rocks!!!

Sesame Street - Telephone Rock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0M75m7vHf0

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Phone? Amazing! by Ishilove: 12:38pm On Jun 18, 2015
naptu2:

Sesame Street - Telephone Rock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0M75m7vHf0

Exactly!!! I love the song and till date I still hum it cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Remembers This Phone? Amazing! by Ishilove: 12:39pm On Jun 18, 2015
Adesiji77:
Very well...does it mean that I am now old
Yeske. Boda mi Adesiji grin grin
Re: Who Remembers This Phone? Amazing! by anonimi: 12:41pm On Jun 18, 2015
dearpreye:

We're largely CONSUMERS

Quite saddening. Hence no respect from other races.

Hopefully adequate focus on massive education for everyone with emphasis on technical skills we will get up too.
Re: Who Remembers This Phone? Amazing! by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jun 18, 2015
Actually it's still in use...
Re: Who Remembers This Phone? Amazing! by Rexyl(m): 12:43pm On Jun 18, 2015
Gone were the days!
Re: Who Remembers This Phone? Amazing! by Freiburger(m): 12:46pm On Jun 18, 2015
This is how they now look like cheesy

The OP said thank God for Technology grin grin So Technology brought them to this condition.

The worst is yet to hit us if we dont start doing away with this bypass mentality undecided
Re: Who Remembers This Phone? Amazing! by UncleSnr(m): 12:46pm On Jun 18, 2015
carzola:
embarassed embarassed Tufiakwa all this MOD and putting poo on front page.
Go and Die.
Re: Who Remembers This Phone? Amazing! by Freiburger(m): 12:47pm On Jun 18, 2015
dptrix:
Just that we in this part of the world don't have maintenance culture, this type of phone booth is still being used in even develop countries as China an USA
angry angry sad sad

Thank you
Re: Who Remembers This Phone? Amazing! by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jun 18, 2015
Can this thing flash abeg?
Re: Who Remembers This Phone? Amazing! by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jun 18, 2015
anonimi:

Quite saddening. Hence no respect from other races.

Hopefully adequate focus on massive education for everyone with emphasis on technical skills we will get up too.

How and why should they respect you when you've not respected yourself? Isn't bad leadership the greatest disrespect towards a people? I can't put in words all my grouse with the black race. It will run to scores of pages.

We have let down ourselves. Food and sex are two of the top priorities of the average black man. And these tow weapons consume so much energy that we almost have little energy left for critical and forward thinking.

We have continued to deceive ourselves by copying the West instead of creating a system unique to us. We're living a bogus and lying system.

As I walk the streets of PH and witness the deplorable institutions and amenities, my heart severely bleeds. Abuja and Lekki are the top target for our politicians.

The Whites are superior, not by creation but by centuries of curiosity, hard work, sacrifice and vision. For over 54 years, we've been unable to fix the most basic amenities for our people. It's almost all man for himself.

Why do our people succeed more abroad than back home? It's because the Whites have created an enabling environment to them.

These Whites delivered us religion, and have now given it a back seat while we have given it a frontal seat.

Visit any phone shop and see how Samsung and the rest are making blood money!

Let me stop here. I'm so saddened. I've been feeling this way since Dec 2010.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Remembers This Phone? Amazing! by dustydee: 1:08pm On Jun 18, 2015
Those are not NITEL phone booths. they look like MTN booths. NiTEL booths had blue colour and look better than that.
Re: Who Remembers This Phone? Amazing! by OgaJonah(m): 1:11pm On Jun 18, 2015
superior1:
Never used one, saw dead scraps of it in the estate I grew
u be small pickin.
Re: Who Remembers This Phone? Amazing! by kenoz(m): 1:21pm On Jun 18, 2015
grin Yeah
Re: Who Remembers This Phone? Amazing! by iwatchandlisten(m): 1:24pm On Jun 18, 2015
I remember them, and its a shame that they have disappeared.
Re: Who Remembers This Phone? Amazing! by 12month: 1:34pm On Jun 18, 2015
My mum was the first person to buy a land-line in our street/area. And that phone call business boomed then, it later gave birth to many other businesses #throwback
Re: Who Remembers This Phone? Amazing! by EbolaParasite: 1:35pm On Jun 18, 2015
dustydee:
Those are not NITEL phone booths. they look like MTN booths. NiTEL booths had blue colour and look better than that.

MTN get phone booth? Wonders shall never end
Re: Who Remembers This Phone? Amazing! by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 18, 2015
Ok
Re: Who Remembers This Phone? Amazing! by johnabr(m): 1:37pm On Jun 18, 2015
It's nice to see even some pictures of it,it will not be available on all the area.need to search for it during emergence time.NO doubt in that its a good innovation and will get a place in our history smiley
Re: Who Remembers This Phone? Amazing! by azezola(m): 1:38pm On Jun 18, 2015
So you were around during the Dinosaur time. Because this is a Dinosaur.
Re: Who Remembers This Phone? Amazing! by dustydee: 1:40pm On Jun 18, 2015
EbolaParasite:

MTN get phone booth? Wonders shall never end
They had booths, airtel too. Airtel had some at Wuse Zone 3 general hospital.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics / Linking NIN To SIM: Matters Arising / Android Vs Windows Phone Vs Ios - Home Screen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.