Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Disrespect To Muslims By Nysc - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Disrespect To Muslims By Nysc (3081 Views)

PHOTOS: See Martial Art Rehearsals By NYSC Members At Lagos Camp. / Prospective Corp Member Decries Failure To Be Mobilized By NYSC / January 2016 Allowance For Corps Members To Be Delayed By NYSC - Premium Times. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disrespect To Muslims By Nysc by IbXavier: 1:23pm On Jun 18, 2015
[b][/b] It's so unfortunate that the National Youth Service Corps of Nigeria decided to allow the orientation camp for batch A , stream 2 to clash with Ramadan.

The three weeks orientation camping involves so many physically demanding activities which might be sometimes tiring , though these activities were designed to train corps member for the one year mandatory service for all Nigerians. Equally , Ramadan is also a period which Muslims has to observe so many religious rites to keep them in the holiest state , above all , in a fasting mood which requires series of meditation and avoidance of sin as much as possible , purposely for training Muslims to maintain same state throughout the year.

Nigeria is a religiously and culturally diverse country , therefore all faiths should be properly considered before camping date is fixed. It will never happen that NYSC camping will fall during Independence Day, also we are all aware that 2015 NYSC was postponed because of election, therefore , NYSC should not be fixed to inconvenient any faith or tribe, rather , it should accommodate the aforementioned.

Personally, I value my religion more than any other thing and I can never serve Nigeria at the expense of my religion . However , Nigeria is such that it considers so many religious and tribal beliefs , thus, there will be no room for such attitude from me.

The Muslim coppers association of Nigeria , Akwa Ibom branch , wrote to the state coordinator for the stoppage of orientation before Ramadan but she said there was no directives from Abuja for that. Afterwards another letter was written , stating that ; muslim corp members must be specially provided food by 4am in the morning to fast and food to break in the evening , More so Muslims corp members must be exempted from all the activities in camp. A good feed back was gotten from the NYSC state coordinator afterwards. Tough I am through with camping activities but I am a concerned Nigerian.

My advise to all Muslims coppers serving in Nigeria now is to write through MCAN to demand for their rites and be exempted from all activities in orientation camp.

Personally , I see this as a mistake form NYSC , however , This disrespect would not be accepted by Muslims or any other faith it might affect in Nigeria in the future.

God bless Us all.
God bless Nigeria too.

Ramadan Mubarak.

Apena ibrahim Adeboye

3 Likes

Re: Disrespect To Muslims By Nysc by Aminat508(f): 1:30pm On Jun 18, 2015
Hmmmmmm....oga o

1 Like

Re: Disrespect To Muslims By Nysc by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jun 18, 2015
Keep religion away from National issues

6 Likes

Re: Disrespect To Muslims By Nysc by willijot(m): 1:51pm On Jun 18, 2015
Tank God u said d orientation exercise for batch A stream 1 which was suppose to be in march was moved because of elections and not d Christian 40days fasting becos dat period would have been a period of fasting for d Christian broders....so if Nysc considers any of ur request its becos of dey are trying to be human too not becos of anytin else...perhaps d Muslim broders don't have a specific period right from time for dere fasting so its not anyone's fault...if dey had a particular period of time for fasting, dey would have been put into consideration before d time table is been drawn..
Also note dat batch B would be coming at d end of d year DAT is November to be precise from rumors around and stream 2 is likely to fall into December which is also a festive period for d christians, so its not a one sided tin, it affects everybody...

4 Likes

Re: Disrespect To Muslims By Nysc by IbXavier: 2:52pm On Jun 18, 2015
Yes ooo
Re: Disrespect To Muslims By Nysc by IbXavier: 2:54pm On Jun 18, 2015
dicefrost:
Aminat508:
Hmmmmmm....oga o

Religion issue is an embodiment of the law and law is an embodiment of religion. Therefore they cannot be mutually exclusive. In court before you attest to any case , you swear by your religion , this is to tell you that they religion and national issue can never be separated.

The essence of NYSC is to foster unity , tolerance and recognition of all tribes and religious believes in Nigeria. More so to learn about our differences , therefore the NYSC should respect religious faith because the NYSC was made mandatory , if it were optional , most Muslims will opt out , if this is the case , NYSC time table should be drafted to favor all. People fasting can never give in their best at NYSC. Mind you , I am not considering Muslims alone but all faith , however Muslims were focused on because this has affected Muslims.

In military , ramadan is highly considered , how much more NYSC camping.
Re: Disrespect To Muslims By Nysc by IbXavier: 4:08pm On Jun 18, 2015
willijot:
Tank God u said d orientation exercise for batch A stream 1 which was suppose to be in march was moved because of elections and not d Christian 40days fasting becos dat period would have been a period of fasting for d Christian broders....so if Nysc considers any of ur request its becos of dey are trying to be human too not becos of anytin else...perhaps d Muslim broders don't have a specific period right from time for dere fasting so its not anyone's fault...if dey had a particular period of time for fasting, dey would have been put into consideration before d time table is been drawn..
Also note dat batch B would be coming at d end of d year DAT is November to be precise from rumors around and stream 2 is likely to fall into December which is also a festive period for d christians, so its not a one sided tin, it affects everybody...

I tried as much as possible to be diplomatic with my post , more so , the post is not to consider Muslims only but all faiths and tribes.
Re: Disrespect To Muslims By Nysc by IbXavier: 4:12pm On Jun 18, 2015
dicefrost:

When corp members were not fasting , so many people fainted on parade ground , how much more when people are fasting , let's try to be objective brother.
Re: Disrespect To Muslims By Nysc by adonismuller(m): 7:48pm On Jun 18, 2015
Likes of you are the reason why boko harram and other terrotist group spring up...

Since you have been so religious what have you ever benefited fromt it?

Whether christain,muslim or hindus, I think your religious brouhaha should be shoved into your pocket and be ur personal problem.

Religion has never brought anything to the world than war and killings...so my dear live the life like you gona leave it someday and stop being a fanatic or u gona end up as a terrorist!

4 Likes

Re: Disrespect To Muslims By Nysc by Raylight2(m): 8:46pm On Jun 18, 2015
IbXavier:
[b][/b] It's so unfortunate that the National Youth Service Corps of Nigeria decided to allow the orientation camp for batch A , stream 2 to clash with Ramadan.

The three weeks orientation camping involves so many physically demanding activities which might be sometimes tiring , though these activities were designed to train corps member for the one year mandatory service for all Nigerians. Equally , Ramadan is also a period which Muslims has to observe so many religious rites to keep them in the holiest state , above all , in a fasting mood which requires series of meditation and avoidance of sin as much as possible , purposely for training Muslims to maintain same state throughout the year.

Nigeria is a religiously and culturally diverse country , therefore all faiths should be properly considered before camping date is fixed. It will never happen that NYSC camping will fall during Independence Day, also we are all aware that 2015 NYSC was postponed because of election, therefore , NYSC should not be fixed to inconvenient any faith or tribe, rather , it should accommodate the aforementioned.

Personally, I value my religion more than any other thing and I can never serve Nigeria at the expense of my religion . However , Nigeria is such that it considers so many religious and tribal beliefs , thus, there will be no room for such attitude from me.

The Muslim coppers association of Nigeria , Akwa Ibom branch , wrote to the state coordinator for the stoppage of orientation before Ramadan but she said there was no directives from Abuja for that. Afterwards another letter was written , stating that ; muslim corp members must be specially provided food by 4am in the morning to fast and food to break in the evening , More so Muslims corp members must be exempted from all the activities in camp. A good feed back was gotten from the NYSC state coordinator afterwards. Tough I am through with camping activities but I am a concerned Nigerian.

My advise to all Muslims coppers serving in Nigeria now is to write through MCAN to demand for their rites and be exempted from all activities in orientation camp.

Personally , I see this as a mistake form NYSC , however , This disrespect would not be accepted by Muslims or any other faith it might affect in Nigeria in the future.

God bless Us all.
God bless Nigeria too.

Ramadan Mubarak.

Apena ibrahim Adeboye

bunch of rubbish...extremist

1 Like

Re: Disrespect To Muslims By Nysc by Raylight2(m): 9:21pm On Jun 18, 2015
IbXavier:

When corp members were not fasting , so many people fainted on parade ground , how much more when people are fasting , let's try to be objective brother.
who know say he get parade, make im fast now...
fainting no be new thing.
Re: Disrespect To Muslims By Nysc by IbXavier: 9:56pm On Jun 18, 2015
Raylight2:
who know say he get parade, make im fast now...
fainting no be new thing.

Sorry to type this , let's say You are Not compassionate as a Nigerian
Re: Disrespect To Muslims By Nysc by Raylight2(m): 9:59pm On Jun 18, 2015
IbXavier:

Sorry to type this , let's say You are Not compassionate as a Nigerian
I expected something harder...I am...
Re: Disrespect To Muslims By Nysc by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jun 18, 2015
you knew that the fast will fall when you are in camp, why not delay your service if you don't
Want to go through the physical stress.. Mind you the soldiers in maiduguri most are muslims

2 Likes

Re: Disrespect To Muslims By Nysc by IbXavier: 10:08pm On Jun 18, 2015
adonismuller:
Likes of you are the reason why boko harram and other terrotist group spring up...

Since you have been so religious what have you ever benefited fromt it?

Whether christain,muslim or hindus, I think your religious brouhaha should be shoved into your pocket and be ur personal problem.

Religion has never brought anything to the world than war and killings...so my dear live the life like you gona leave it someday and stop being a fanatic or u gona end up as a terrorist!

It's true that religion has caused more havoc to humanity , however , religion has also helped to maintain and sustain orderliness to a significant extent.
Since it's a natural maxim to have freedom of association and these religions are recognized by the constitution of Nigeria and in court during cases , these religions must be put into consideration during decision making process.

For your information , the state coordinator of Akwa Ibom exempted all Muslims from camping activities while fasting after she received an official letter from Muslim copers . It's only those who don't know their right that keep mute.

More so , I don't see how a well structured diplomatic letter will result into terrorism , kindly introspect on your cognitive capabilities and be more objective with your conceptions.
Re: Disrespect To Muslims By Nysc by IbXavier: 10:16pm On Jun 18, 2015
Raylight2:

bunch of rubbish...extremist

With all due respect , i believe you are educated for you to be able to read and write but your choice of words makes it look otherwise , how is what I posted rubbish ,more so are you sure you know the meaning of an extremist , kindly check for the meaning and Inform me the element of extremesm in this post of mine.
Re: Disrespect To Muslims By Nysc by IbXavier: 10:25pm On Jun 18, 2015
majidyusuf:
you knew that the fast will fall when you are in camp, why not delay your service if you don't
Want to go through the physical stress.. Mind you the soldiers in maiduguri most are muslims

I am not in camp but I am posting on behalf of those going through the challenges. There was a rumor that the camp will be rounded up in time because of the Muslims but it was not.

Mind you , soldiers knew what military is about before opting for it but Nigeria govt mandated service for us all , therefore they must design it to suit us all. Islamically , you might advise that the fasting should be postponed, however , this is a right that Must be defended.

Time wasted cannot be Recovered again , therefore I can't afford to waste some time of mylife all in the name of services.
Re: Disrespect To Muslims By Nysc by IbXavier: 10:28pm On Jun 18, 2015
Raylight2:
I expected something harder...I am...

If so , may God bless you and everyone of us.
Re: Disrespect To Muslims By Nysc by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jun 18, 2015
IbXavier:

I am not in camp but I am posting on behalf of those going through the challenges. There was a rumor that the camp will be rounded up in time because of the Muslims but it was not.

Mind you , soldiers knew what military is about before opting for it but Nigeria govt mandated service for us all , therefore they must design it to suit us all. Islamically , you might advise that the fasting should be postponed, however , this is a right that Must be defended.

Time wasted cannot be Recovered again , therefore I can't afford to waste some time of mylife all in the name of services.
well, service is not compulsory, next time before timetable comes out you can air your thoughts. Not after everything has been done

4 Likes

Re: Disrespect To Muslims By Nysc by Raylight2(m): 8:08am On Jun 19, 2015
IbXavier:

With all due respect , i believe you are educated for you to be able to read and write but your choice of words makes it look otherwise , how is what I posted rubbish ,more so are you sure you know the meaning of an extremist , kindly check for the meaning and Inform me the element of extremesm in this post of mine.
shut!!!

you want NYSC suspended because of your fasting and you asking them to write to one body for their rights. don't you think this can lead to something else if their request is declined? *trying not to be rude.* boko haram is there fighting for an Islamic state and you are here trying to cause another Islamic agitation.

1 Like

Re: Disrespect To Muslims By Nysc by missKiffy(f): 12:00pm On Jun 19, 2015
IbXavier:

God bless Us all.
God bless Nigeria too.

Ramadan Mubarak.

Apena ibrahim Adeboye
You better go and do your service, this is a date that has been set for a long time and you know the uncertainty in the dates of ramadan, how do you expect them to know it would clash with it. They can't just postpone just like that, it will affect others

2 Likes

Re: Disrespect To Muslims By Nysc by publicenemy(m): 12:28pm On Jun 19, 2015
IbXavier:

God bless Us all.
God bless Nigeria too.

Ramadan Mubarak.

Apena ibrahim Adeboye

And bla bla bla... No be by force to go NYSC.
Re: Disrespect To Muslims By Nysc by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 21, 2015
imagine you saying you can't serve your country at the expense of your religion,kai you guys take this religious issh too serious o ,i see no disrespect from nysc after all everybody is affected one way or the other.
Re: Disrespect To Muslims By Nysc by styno22(m): 4:59pm On Jun 21, 2015
The poeple that set the time table are also muslims. So don't blame anybody mr man.

1 Like

Re: Disrespect To Muslims By Nysc by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jun 22, 2015
Nigerdeltaboi:
imagine you saying you can't serve your country at the expense of your religion,kai you guys take this religious issh too serious o ,i see no disrespect from nysc after all everybody is affected one way or the other.

Even as a muslim, i find that comment absolutely disturbing.

The NYSC timetable has been fixed beforehand or can the OP have known that it will clash by January. Besides, i dont even think religion should be considered when it comes to national issues and services not especially in a religiously diverse country such as Nigeria because when everybody tenders their religious needs, the NYSC might not even hold.

Any muslim who felt he wouldnt be able to cope shouldn't have gone to Camp and instead wait for Batch B. NYSC made remobilization for this type of cases.

2 Likes

Re: Disrespect To Muslims By Nysc by opedaydydx9(m): 7:27am On Jun 24, 2015
IbXavier:

ur not even in camp, u need Jesus
Re: Disrespect To Muslims By Nysc by opedaydydx9(m): 7:28am On Jun 24, 2015
Harbioollah:

Even as a muslim, i find that comment absolutely disturbing.

The NYSC timetable has been fixed beforehand or can the OP have known that it will clash by January. Besides, i dont even think religion should be considered when it comes to national issues and services not especially in a religiously diverse country such as Nigeria because when everybody tenders their religious needs, the NYSC might not even hold.

Any muslim who felt he wouldnt be able to cope shouldn't have gone to Camp and instead wait for Batch B. NYSC made remobilization for this type of cases.
last year batch B was delayed cus of Ramadan.......
Re: Disrespect To Muslims By Nysc by Amustical(m): 11:04am On Jun 24, 2015
Brother, national youth service is not mandated to any body. Is a personal interest. You can decide to apply for exception and collect ur exception certificate. Ur Religon shouldn't see the NYSC officials or federal gvt as enemy.because they don't give a damn to ur fasting. There shouldn't be sentiment because of any religion. The camp is comprise of muslims like u, christians like others and traditionalists and hindus like others. The training given there @ nysc camp is for ur own interest and for ur self defence. Is a choice if the muslim brothers knows that d fasting is important to them, they should pack their load and forget about youth service. They should go back home.

IbXavier:

Re: Disrespect To Muslims By Nysc by IbXavier: 9:05am On Aug 02, 2015
opedaydydx9:
ur not even in camp, u need Jesus

Thank you bro , the second coming of Jesus is almost here. He will make you see the light of how you misrepresented his messages.
All the same , I am an executive of the Muslim corpers association of Nigeria , therefore , it's my responsibility to seek for the welfare of Muslims.

God bless us.
Re: Disrespect To Muslims By Nysc by IbXavier: 9:08am On Aug 02, 2015
Amustical:
Brother, national youth service is not mandated to any body. Is a personal interest. You can decide to apply for exception and collect ur exception certificate. Ur Religon shouldn't see the NYSC officials or federal gvt as enemy.because they don't give a damn to ur fasting. There shouldn't be sentiment because of any religion. The camp is comprise of muslims like u, christians like others and traditionalists and hindus like others. The training given there @ nysc camp is for ur own interest and for ur self defence. Is a choice if the muslim brothers knows that d fasting is important to them, they should pack their load and forget about youth service. They should go back home.

This is why Nigerian authority is better than some of us. Our letter was considered and we are give n some sort of preferential treatment as we humbly and objectively demanded.
Thanks to our stake coordinator of Akwa Ibom state. Madam ngozi ...... Case closed.
Re: Disrespect To Muslims By Nysc by IbXavier: 9:13am On Aug 02, 2015
[quote author=majidyusuf post=34909515]well, service is not compulsory, next time before timetable comes out you can air your thoughts. Not after everything has been done [/

I am an executive of the Muslim corpers association of Nigeria , therefore , it's my responsibility to seek for the welfare of Muslims. The time I complain does not matter.
Re: Disrespect To Muslims By Nysc by IbXavier: 9:17am On Aug 02, 2015
Raylight2:
shut!!!

you want NYSC suspended because of your fasting and you asking them to write to one body for their rights. don't you think this can lead to something else if their request is declined? *trying not to be rude.* boko haram is there fighting for an Islamic state and you are here trying to cause another Islamic agitation.

I am an executive of Muslim coppers association of Nigeria , I am carrying out my repinsibilities. BH is unislamic , we went about our complaint diplomatically and we were considered. We are not trying to cause any harm or havock to anyone. It's not a crime to seek for self interest especially if it's not at the expense of anyone's happiness.
Thank you for your contribution. God bless you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo: What Kind Of Female Corpers Are These? / Good To Go Batch C Corpers / Nysc And Fed Poly Oko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.