Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,119 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

Dickson Ex-Chief Of Staff Defect From PDP To APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dickson Ex-Chief Of Staff Defect From PDP To APC (12439 Views)

Arms Deals: EFCC Seizes Ex-chief Of Army Staff’s N4B Estate / Moses Dickson's Ex-Girlfriend, Emoh Adoga Stalks Him For Marriage (Pics) / Tony Nwoye And Emmanuel Udende Defect From PDP To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dickson Ex-Chief Of Staff Defect From PDP To APC by Ijaya123: 2:57pm On Jun 18, 2015
A founding member of the Peoples Democratic Party and former Chief of Staff, Bayelsa State Government House, Chief Diekivie Ikiogha, has dumped the PDP for the All Progressives Congress.

Ikiogha, said to be a trusted and dependable ally of Governor Seriake Dickson, was one of the brains behind the emergence of Dickson as governor in 2012.

Indications of frosty relationship between Dickson and Ikiogha emerged when Dickson removed him in controversial circumstances as Chief of Staff, Government House, Yenagoa and redeployed him to Abuja liaison office.

Ikiogha’s loyalists had claimed that the redeployment carried heavy political undertones and that it was aimed at easing him out of the mainstream politics of Bayelsa State.

The former Chief of Staff, who spoke at a news conference in Yenagoa on Thursday, said he had left the PDP with thousands of his supporters.

He said he had already found a home in the APC since the day he decided to join the fold of the Progressives.

He said, “My constituents, the masses for whom I have lived and to whom I dedicate all my political victories, have agreed that I should leave the PDP.

“I recall in one of the meetings that led to the final decision to quit, how my supporters reminded me that the PDP I helped to form and nurture was no more the same.

“They said some hawks had hijacked the party, making it very glaring that it was a house in tatters, a divided house made of men who were only driven by their selfish ambition.

“Sadly, the PDP has badly drifted from a well organised family to a congregation of betrayers and deceits. It is clear that the party is gradually marching for destruction. Unfolding events have proved me right and I am happy I have left.”

Ikiogha said he had since found out that he was on the right path, just as he urged those in the PDP government not to hunt those of them who had chosen to leave the party or carry out hate campaigns against them.

He added, “As I make this move, I am just convinced that we are on the right path. That is why I am urging all my compatriots who are still in the PDP to take that step and join us. I have seen life. I have seen hope. I have seen freedom. I have see warmth. I have seen friendliness. APC is a family to be and behold.

“Unhappy as some people may be, troubled as my former allies in the PDP government in the state may, because of the light they have yet to see, I am urging them to play politics with love and not to haunt and chastise those of us who have decided to quit.

“Campaigns of hate will not help us, even as I am no longer in the PDP, former President Goodluck Jonathan is still my friend and big brother.”

He said he would on Saturday lead thousands of his fans, associates and supporters to join the APC.

It will be recalled that Ikiogha resigned his appointment in October 2014 to contest the House of Representatives seat for Yenagoa/Kolokuma/Opokuma on the platform of the PDP but was denied the ticket.
http://www.punchng.com/news/dicksons-ex-chief-of-staff-supporters-dump-pdp-for-apc/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Dickson Ex-Chief Of Staff Defect From PDP To APC by Leaventainment: 2:59pm On Jun 18, 2015
hmm
Re: Dickson Ex-Chief Of Staff Defect From PDP To APC by mormoni(m): 3:00pm On Jun 18, 2015
Even ex president Jonathan will soon join APC

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dickson Ex-Chief Of Staff Defect From PDP To APC by Mogidi: 3:00pm On Jun 18, 2015
Politics and cross carpeting sha, those in APC like Saraki and Dogara are looking for a way back to PDP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dickson Ex-Chief Of Staff Defect From PDP To APC by Disclaimer: 3:02pm On Jun 18, 2015
PDP need the experience of an ex-military to completely dismantle already dysfunctional APC. Imagine Chief Diekivie Ikiogha, from Bayalsa state.
Re: Dickson Ex-Chief Of Staff Defect From PDP To APC by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jun 18, 2015
Wif apc anytin is "possible"

2 Likes

Re: Dickson Ex-Chief Of Staff Defect From PDP To APC by omenka(m): 3:04pm On Jun 18, 2015
I bet he has as well become a "slave" and a "traitor" according to nairaland PDP supporters and "lower niger" (whatever that means) protagonists. cheesy

Waiting to see them comments.

9 Likes

Re: Dickson Ex-Chief Of Staff Defect From PDP To APC by Dannyset(m): 3:10pm On Jun 18, 2015
APC would rejoice over this one now, but when they start conniving with their left over PDP to stab APC in the back, we'd be calling for sanctions. The earlier APC sensed that these pple are on espionage for dead PDP, the better for Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Dickson Ex-Chief Of Staff Defect From PDP To APC by hahn(m): 3:12pm On Jun 18, 2015
Lol. Nigerian politics is really funny. These politicians only see governance as a "business" and not as a "duty".

We need the youths to start our own political party which strictly prohibits any old blood. I'm tired of hearing the names of the same old politicians over and over again.

APC is now a dumping ground for PDP members while PDP is quickly becoming a vast wasteland

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dickson Ex-Chief Of Staff Defect From PDP To APC by Ijaya123: 3:14pm On Jun 18, 2015
hahn:
Lol. Nigerian politics is really funny. These politicians only see governance as a "business" and not as a "duty".

We need the youths to start our own political party which strictly prohibits any old blood. I'm tired of hearing the names of the same old politicians over and over again.

APC is now a dumping ground for PDP members while PDP is quickly becoming a vast wasteland

Taking about the youth, do you honestly think they are ready? I don't think so.

1 Like

Re: Dickson Ex-Chief Of Staff Defect From PDP To APC by hahn(m): 3:24pm On Jun 18, 2015
Ijaya123:

Taking about the youth, do you honestly think they are ready? I don't think so.

Neither do I

But that IS the solution

However, we don't need every single youth. Just a few people who feel that we can rule this country is enough. Afterall, if you think about it, most of the re occuring names in Nigerian politics are not up to 100,000 but they rule, and have been ruling, over a population of more than 160million for ages.

The NASS and house of reps do not total up to 5,000 but earn more salary than all civil servants in the country and they get paid first

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dickson Ex-Chief Of Staff Defect From PDP To APC by Ijaya123: 4:06pm On Jun 18, 2015
hahn:

Neither do I

But that IS the solution

However, we don't need every single youth. Just a few people who feel that we can rule this country is enough. Afterall, if you think about it, most of the re occuring names in Nigerian politics are not up to 100,000 but they rule, and have been ruling, over a population of more than 160million for ages.

The NASS and house of reps do not total up to 5,000 but earn more salary than all civil servants in the country and they get paid first

In as much as agree with you, I believe the youth ain't ready yet. There is no sign yet.
Re: Dickson Ex-Chief Of Staff Defect From PDP To APC by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 18, 2015
All these featherweight...mtcheeeew

1 Like

Re: Dickson Ex-Chief Of Staff Defect From PDP To APC by Ijaya123: 4:10pm On Jun 18, 2015
Dannyset:
APC would rejoice over this one now, but when they start conniving with their left over PDP to stab APC in the back, we'd be calling for sanctions. The earlier APC sensed that these pple are on espionage for dead PDP, the better for Nigeria.

I wish the processes of defecting to another party is made more rigorous. These politicians just change party like they change cloth.
SMH.

1 Like

Re: Dickson Ex-Chief Of Staff Defect From PDP To APC by hahn(m): 4:14pm On Jun 18, 2015
Ijaya123:

In as much as agree with you, I believe the youth ain't ready yet. There is no sign yet.

I already said I agree with you but the truth is that's the only solution and until the youths are ready we will just have to continue to bear the hardship caused by our current "leaders"
Re: Dickson Ex-Chief Of Staff Defect From PDP To APC by Ijaya123: 4:16pm On Jun 18, 2015
hahn:

I already said I agree with you but the truth is that's the only solution and until the youths are ready we will just have to continue to bear the hardship caused by our current "leaders"

I agree.
Are they really leaders or dealers? grin grin angry
Re: Dickson Ex-Chief Of Staff Defect From PDP To APC by hahn(m): 5:57pm On Jun 18, 2015
Ijaya123:

I agree.
Are they really leaders or dealers? grin grin angry

Their case just tire person
Re: Dickson Ex-Chief Of Staff Defect From PDP To APC by Adesiji77: 11:54am On Jun 20, 2015
No permanent friends or enemies in politics, just permanent interests... cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dickson Ex-Chief Of Staff Defect From PDP To APC by CaptaiinG(m): 11:56am On Jun 20, 2015
Nigeria politicians flying like birds from one place to another since 1999
Re: Dickson Ex-Chief Of Staff Defect From PDP To APC by Kufie(m): 11:57am On Jun 20, 2015
APC = All Prostitutes Congress. They take anything in.

2 Likes

Re: Dickson Ex-Chief Of Staff Defect From PDP To APC by damiloladuke: 11:57am On Jun 20, 2015
CHANGE

READ THE DIARY OF A JOBLESS NAIJA
YOUTH HERE

www.wenogetjob..com
Re: Dickson Ex-Chief Of Staff Defect From PDP To APC by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 20, 2015
Nigerian Politician= zero principles, zero ideology.

I wonder what his ideological reasons are for going APC. (I need to save my daily bread is not a good reason for defecting.).
Re: Dickson Ex-Chief Of Staff Defect From PDP To APC by HirstMOG(m): 11:58am On Jun 20, 2015
FTC shocked shocked shocked

Sorry ooooooo I thinks say na me first comment oooooo. I accept my position now grin grin
Re: Dickson Ex-Chief Of Staff Defect From PDP To APC by Chiefpriest1(m): 12:00pm On Jun 20, 2015
''My constituents, the masses for whom I have lived and to whom I dedicate all my political victories, have agreed that I should leave the PDP''

That you are leaving the PDP is not the issue. In fact, you can move anywhere you like.

But for lying barefacedly in broad daylight that your decision was prompted by the masses is annoying.

Which masses? The same that you people have plundered for the past 16 years?

Why dont you just stfu and say something like this, 'after carefully reviewing the condition of my pocket, I have found out that if I dont move to the party in power, I 'll be broke soon'. Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: Dickson Ex-Chief Of Staff Defect From PDP To APC by hizaya61(m): 12:00pm On Jun 20, 2015
e no concern me, let him defect to boko haram,
Re: Dickson Ex-Chief Of Staff Defect From PDP To APC by omojesu202(m): 12:01pm On Jun 20, 2015
Re: Dickson Ex-Chief Of Staff Defect From PDP To APC by instinctg(m): 12:01pm On Jun 20, 2015
who is he? the boat is filled already, we don't need him
Re: Dickson Ex-Chief Of Staff Defect From PDP To APC by goshen26: 12:01pm On Jun 20, 2015
Political harlotary!
Re: Dickson Ex-Chief Of Staff Defect From PDP To APC by omanifrank(m): 12:01pm On Jun 20, 2015
ha
Re: Dickson Ex-Chief Of Staff Defect From PDP To APC by ShowYourCertificate: 12:03pm On Jun 20, 2015
He will SARAKInize the APC, Bayelsa Chapter grin

1 Like

Re: Dickson Ex-Chief Of Staff Defect From PDP To APC by SDIEGO(m): 12:03pm On Jun 20, 2015
Na so. Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Patrick Akpobolokemi Granted N20million Bail / NNPC To Shut Down Three Refineries For Comprehensive Rehabilitation / Awka Should Be Ashamed Of Itself - Why Is It Underdeveloped?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.