Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,694 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. - Sports (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. (61006 Views)

Nigeria Vs Zambia: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier - 1 - 0 (Full Time) / Cameroon Vs Nigeria: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 1 - 1 (Full Time) / Korea DPR Vs Nigeria 3 - 0 :FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by enomakos(m): 8:51pm On Jun 16, 2017
Danycrusoe:
enomakos, justiz5, Icon4s, AIG07
reporting for duty
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Danycrusoe(m): 9:37pm On Jun 16, 2017
Icon4s:

Reporting to duty.

Come on you falconets!

Make us smile again.
enomakos:
reporting for duty
Icon4s:

Reporting to duty.

Come on you falconets!

Make us smile again.

lol my bosses. the girls are about to go out again. the last set didn't v much luck on their side dropping out at the group stage despite having 6 points. that 6-0 bashing in the hands of Japan did fatal damages. besides any1 knows Wether Rasheedat Ajibade is still eligible for France 2018 she is still doing it for fc Robo in the NWPL. the coach x still d same person

2 Likes

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Danycrusoe(m): 9:40pm On Jun 16, 2017
BlackAlbino6:
I was here.

Do we need to modify the title of the thread

yes sir. there x a great need for it. the u17s too will soon get their opponents. both competitions are coming up next year. I hope the u17 team can come up with a good squad. Gtb principals cup in lagos exposed lots of male and female footballing talents in secondary schools. copal coca cola ng too x doing something similar across naija
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by enomakos(m): 9:49pm On Jun 16, 2017
Danycrusoe:

lol my bosses. the girls are about to go out again. the last set didn't v much luck on their side dropping out at the group stage despite having 6 points. that 6-0 bashing in the hands of Japan did fatal damages. besides any1 knows Wether Rasheedat Ajibade is still eligible for France 2018 she is still doing it for fc Robo in the NWPL. the coach x still d same person
she is
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Danycrusoe(m): 10:24pm On Jun 16, 2017
enomakos:
she is
OK thanks.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:01am On Jun 17, 2017
I'm back again! wink

Danycrusoe:
Bascovanveli, thesupernerd, lakesidepapa, Duru1, thegoodjoe, olapluto, orkpekyandega, Cfcman

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Danycrusoe(m): 2:08am On Jun 17, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
I'm back again! wink

baba where u go to all dx years.
since that SA defeat we no c u. welcome bk
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by BlackAlbino6(m): 1:08pm On Jun 17, 2017
Danycrusoe:

yes sir. there x a great need for it. the u17s too will soon get their opponents. both competitions are coming up next year. I hope the u17 team can come up with a good squad. Gtb principals cup in lagos exposed lots of male and female footballing talents in secondary schools. copal coca cola ng too x doing something similar across naija
CC: Orkpekyandega
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by olapluto(m): 1:43pm On Jun 17, 2017
Hope NFF will treat the girls well this time and not impose psychological pain on the players like Mary Ologbosere last time.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:10pm On Jun 17, 2017
Danycrusoe:

By now CAF should be having tournaments for these girls.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Danycrusoe(m): 6:52pm On Jun 17, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

[url]
BascoVanVeli:

[/url]
BascoVanVeli:

seriously. the lack of it is hampering the growth and performances of African teams in world tourneys at all levels both male and female levels.

a frequent U19 and U17 tourney for male and female national teams would do a lot of good.

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Icon4s(m): 7:09pm On Jun 17, 2017
Danycrusoe:
[url][/url]

seriously. the lack of it is hampering the growth and performances of African teams in world tourneys at all levels both male and female levels.

a frequent U19 and U17 tourney for male and female national teams would do a lot of good.

I think CAF should modify the female U20 and U17 qualifiers to what is obtained for the men's game. Something like CAF U20 or U17 Women's championship that will have 8 teams battling for the available qualifying slots. Unlike the strictly home and away basis currently being run.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Danycrusoe(m): 7:37pm On Jun 17, 2017
Icon4s:

I think CAF should modify the female U20 and U17 qualifiers to what is obtained for the men's game. Something like CAF U20 or U17 Women's championship that will have 8 teams battling for the available qualifying slots. Unlike the strictly home and away basis currently being run.

let's give the new CAF president time he should make changes to the format of the Caf competitions. just like the new Champions league and confederations cup with four groups

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Orkpekyandega(m): 3:53pm On Jun 19, 2017
Thread title Now modified. Thank you for the mention.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Danycrusoe(m): 11:46am On Jun 20, 2017
Orkpekyandega:
Thread title Now modified. Thank you for the mention.

thanks Bro. Appreciate
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by justiz5(m): 11:52am On Jun 22, 2017
Danycrusoe:
enomakos, justiz5, Icon4s, AIG07
I wish to call for the closure of this Thread so that all issues concerning female national teams can be discused there ''www.nairaland.com/3400356/nigeria-female-national-teams-thread/10''

This issue had already been resolved among stakeholders here

Orkpekyandega:
I guess now we can officially close this thread and move permanently to Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CFCMAN.

Let's be sensitive to all positive efforts made by sports (football) loving persons here.

Danycrusoe, enomakos, Terzurum5, Blackalbino6, TheGoodJoe, TheSuperNerd, Icon7, Icon4s, AIG07, Komekn, Goldfish80, Safarigirl, ......
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Danycrusoe(m): 1:15pm On Jun 22, 2017
justiz5:

I wish to call for the closure of this Thread so that all issues concerning female national teams can be discused there ''www.nairaland.com/3400356/nigeria-female-national-teams-thread/10''

Let's be sensitive to all positive efforts made by sports (football) loving persons here.

Danycrusoe, enomakos, Terzurum5, Blackalbino6, TheGoodJoe, TheSuperNerd, Icon7, Icon4s, AIG07, Komekn, Goldfish80, Safarigirl, ......

me think this thread x relevant and should not be closed, the male teams v separate threads from u17 to u23 and the national team. then y should we put the female u17 to the National team in one place.

considering that this thread is 2 in 1, I don't think it should be closed.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:58pm On Jun 22, 2017
I am sorry oooo... this did not reflect on my mentions. I am just seeing this sef.

Well... I know the thread you refer to. The one by CFCman.... But I discovered over two days ago that CFCman has deactivated and I don't know why sad

I have also posted news on that thread several times. But really do you think there is a need to move the issues of the 2018 Fifa U-20 and U-17 for our women's teams to that thread?

Well I hope the elders and other top guns here can speak up. Whatever you guys come up with, I'm cool with it.

justiz5:

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jun 22, 2017
We have what it takes to win any of the female world cup in the nearest future.. But.............

We need to improve in the technical aspect of our game.
When it matters most,in games against the so called big nations we end up flopping in the 2nd half after doing well in the 1st half.

We lack depth in the technical aspect of our game.

We need to result That ASAP..
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:18am On Oct 03, 2017
Did say I will come here soon or later...... okay.... let's bring this back little by little....

Ajibade, Ijamilusi Grab Two Each As Nigeria Demolish Tanzania 6-0 In WCQ

Nigeria's Falconets whitewashed their Tanzanian counterparts 6-0 to zoom to the next round of the 2018 FIFA U20 Women's World Cup qualifiers.

The second leg tie was played in Dar es Salaam on Sunday.
Four goals in the first half and two in the second half were enough to earn the Falconets the massive win.

Rasheedat Ajibade opened the scoring in the 20th minute before making it a brace for herself six minutes later.

Midfielder Folashade Ijamilusi and big striker Anam Imo registered their names on the score sheet as the first half ended 4-0 in favour of Nigeria.

Ijamilusi and substitute Cynthia Aku fetched the two other goals to complete the 6-0 mauling of the Tanzania.

Nigeria had won the first leg in Benin City by 3-0 and completing the task by 6-0 means the Falconets will face Morocco in the next round of the qualifiers.

**Abayomi Ademetan
Photo Credit : fifa.com

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=24846

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:19pm On Oct 03, 2017
NIGERIA FACE MOROCCO IN U20 WOMEN’S WORLD CUP QUALIFIER
By Samuel Ahmadu, Correspondent

Christopher Danjuma's ladies set up a second-round clash with the north Africans in the Fifa U20 Women’s World Cup qualifier after crushing Tanzania

Nigeria U20 women team will face Morocco in the second round of the 2018 Fifa U20 Women's World Cup qualifier after a 9-0 aggregate win over Tanzania.

The Falconets had held a 3-0 first leg advantage from Benin before Sunday’s 6-0 massacre at the Azam Stadium in Dar es Salaam to advance to the next stage.
A brace each from Rasheedat Ajibade and Folashade Ijamilisu ensured Christopher Danjuma's ladies got a clinical victory.

Morocco recorded a 3-2 aggregate win over Senegal despite bowing 2-1 in the reverse encounter in Dakar.
Nigeria will travel to Sale to face the north Africans on November 3, before welcoming them two weeks later in Nigeria.

A victory over two legs against Morocco means the Falconets will next take on winners between South Africa and Burundi in the last round of the qualifying series for France 2018.

Source: http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/nigeria-u20-women-face-morocco-in-u20-womens-world-cup/1m66mt6evyls51vxqsbqwfexi3

2 Likes

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:29pm On Oct 03, 2017
'WE COMMITTED MANY ERRORS' - TANZANIA COACH LEMA EXPLAINS NIGERIA BIG LOSS

The east Africans were trounced by the Falconets, and the gaffer has blamed her side's errors for their heavy defeat in Dar es Salaam

Tanzania U20 women coach Edna Lema has attributed her side's 6-0 loss to Nigeria to their 'many errors' at Azam Stadium on Sunday.

The east Africans crashed out of the Fifa U20 Women's World Cup qualifier following a 9-0 aggregate loss in the first round to Christopher Danjuma's ladies.

Despite the defeat, the assistant coach is unmoved as she insists her focus is on building a formidable team for the future.

"We played a stronger opponent in Nigeria today [Sunday] and committed so many errors which made us lose the match at home," Lema told Goal .
"The result is determined by one's performance in 90 minutes and not only about the quality of the team or preparation. That's why I said we made a lot of mistakes.

"We didn't play well today and we lost the game. We looking forward to the future and we have accepted the result. For me, I can say we are still building our team and we need time to reach the level of Nigeria."

Source: http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/we-committed-many-errors-tanzania-coach-lema-explains/rl5fx5yeyik51jad2pbrwb88w

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:42pm On Oct 03, 2017
LILIAN TULE: FALCONETS OFFERED NIGERIA INDEPENDENCE GIFT

The Falconets booked a place in the second round after defeating the east Africans and the defender admits they achieved that for the country

Nigeria U20 women assistant captain Lilian Tule said her side's 6-0 win over Tanzania was inspired by the quest to give Nigerians an Independence Day gift.

The whitewash enabled the Falconets cruise past Sabastain Nkoma's ladies to advance to the next stage with a 9-0 aggregate win.

"Tanzania had a good fight against us in Nigeria. They denied us from scoring as much we could in the first leg," Tule told Goal.

"So coming to Dar es Salaam, we decided within ourselves to come and complete what we started and hoped to do even better.
"Above all, [Sunday] was our country's independence day and we are happy offering Nigerians an Independence Day gift.
"We hope to go back home and improve on some areas where we still have lapses.
"I'm confident we will be stronger as a team before facing our next opponent in the second round next month."

Source: http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/falconets-offered-nigerians-independence-gift-tule-on-big-win-in-/e1wdex0bfss9152cb19l0lzio

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:03pm On Oct 03, 2017
'OUR GAME PLAN WORKED WELL' - DANJUMA ON FALCONETS' COMPREHENSIVE VICTORY

The Falconets ran riot over their east African foes in Dar es Salaam, and the gaffer said their plan to stifle the hosts with goals yielded result

Following their 6-0 victory over Tanzania, Nigeria U20 women coach Christopher Danjuma reveals their game plan worked well.
Despite holding a 3-0 first leg advantage in Benin, the Falconets ran riot in Dar es Salaam to advance in the U20 Women's World Cup qualifiers with a 9-0 aggregate win.

"The game was all about goals. When Tanzania came to Nigeria, they put up a good fight," Danjuma told Goal .

"We had to go to our drawing board. I knew they had a good goalkeeper because the goalkeeper was the obstacle we had in Nigeria.

"Our game plan worked well."

Danjuma also hailed the Tanzanians whom they put nine goals past over two legs, saying: "Tanzania has a team with a great future.

"I remembered playing them at 2015 All African Games in Congo Brazzaville, and apart from Nigeria that beat them 3-0, other countries could not beat them beyond 1-0. So, you have a future team here.".

Source: http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/our-game-plan-worked-well-danjuma-on-falconets-comprehensive/fxp88sa143vh1dxvartlpr4qk

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by PDPGuy: 5:57pm On Oct 03, 2017
What the Falconets did to Tanzania was rude grin
It's like they were on a mission to spell Tanzania with a full stop cheesy
Morocco will surely suffer the same fate, no two ways about it.

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Icon4s(m): 6:11pm On Oct 03, 2017
Tanzania 0:6 Nigeria.
Watch all the goals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRVISDxx-6s

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by PDPGuy: 6:12pm On Oct 03, 2017
^^
Thank you Sir
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 03, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
'OUR GAME PLAN WORKED WELL' - DANJUMA ON FALCONETS' COMPREHENSIVE VICTORY

The Falconets ran riot over their east African foes in Dar es Salaam, and the gaffer said their plan to stifle the hosts with goals yielded result

Following their 6-0 victory over Tanzania, Nigeria U20 women coach Christopher Danjuma reveals their game plan worked well.
Despite holding a 3-0 first leg advantage in Benin, the Falconets ran riot in Dar es Salaam to advance in the U20 Women's World Cup qualifiers with a 9-0 aggregate win.

"The game was all about goals. When Tanzania came to Nigeria, they put up a good fight," Danjuma told Goal .

"We had to go to our drawing board. I knew they had a good goalkeeper because the goalkeeper was the obstacle we had in Nigeria.

"Our game plan worked well."

Danjuma also hailed the Tanzanians whom they put nine goals past over two legs, saying: "Tanzania has a team with a great future.

"I remembered playing them at 2015 All African Games in Congo Brazzaville, and apart from Nigeria that beat them 3-0, other countries could not beat them beyond 1-0. So, you have a future team here.".

Source: http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/our-game-plan-worked-well-danjuma-on-falconets-comprehensive/fxp88sa143vh1dxvartlpr4qk

Your record as an acheiver with the female national team that you have handled is there for all to see.
I am not perturbed knowing fully well that we will qualify for the world cup.

My fear has always been these,are you prepared to take on the rest of the world most especially the European and Asian?,have you upgraded your knowledge in the round leather game?, is there a good technical bench to assist you when you run short of ideas??..

If you want to be the best,get ready to beat the very best.

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:22am On Oct 04, 2017
Beautiful! Thanks Chief Icon4s.... smiley Loving Ajibade's steady rise.... and that last goal... looolll... More like a circuit act... hahahaha

Icon4s:
Tanzania 0:6 Nigeria.

Watch all the goals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRVISDxx-6s
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:24am On Oct 04, 2017
True thoughts Sir Daninya..... true indeed. I hope he has stepped up his coaching/tactical game shaa as regards battling the world.

I recall how he failed at the 2015 AAG leading our girls to a semis finish. That was not good enough at all. I hope he has learnt and stepped up.

Daninya11:

Your record as an acheiver with the female national team that you have handled is there for all to see.
I am not perturbed knowing fully well that we will qualify for the world cup.

My fear has always been these,are you prepared to take on the rest of the world most especially the European and Asian?,have you upgraded your knowledge in the round leather game?, is there a good technical bench to assist you when you run short of ideas??..

If you want to be the best,get ready to beat the very best.

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:37pm On Oct 31, 2017
NIGERIA U20 WOMEN TO DEPART FOR MOROCCO ON THURSDAY

Coach Christopher Danjuma will face the north Africans for a place at the 2018 Fifa U20 Women's World Cup on Sunday

Nigeria U20 women team will fly out of the country to Sale on Thursday, November 2 for their Fifa U20 Women's World Cup qualifier clash against Morocco on Sunday.

Christopher Danjuma’s ladies brushed aside Tanzania 9-0 aggregate win after securing a 6-0 victory over the east African in Dar es Salaam on October 1.

In preparation for the Moroccans, the Falconets played three friendlies against Abuja male sides, winning all including a 2-1 win over Abuja Green House Academy.

Ahead of their departure from Abuja, the Nigeria delegation of 18 players and officials will travel to Lagos on Wednesday before departing for Morocco on Thursday morning.
Coach Danjuma will be aiming his side subdue Morocco, who eliminated Senegal with a 3-2 aggregate win in the first leg, second round at the Stade Boubker Ammar.

The winner over two legs will progress to face the winner of South Africa and Burundi in the third and final round scheduled for January next year.

Source: http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/nigeria-u20-women-to-depart-for-morocco-on-thursday/czpzrg2obevx190cr4pe8hn02
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by olapluto(m): 10:28am On Nov 01, 2017
Cant seem to find the youtube video from Tanzania. Does anyone have it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

7 Atletico Madrid Players Ran Back To Defend Counter Attack In UCL(Photos / 5 Footballers You Never Knew Have Killed Before / Ronaldo Reacts To Hat-trick Against Tottenham Hotspur

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.