Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. (60948 Views)

Nigeria Vs Zambia: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier - 1 - 0 (Full Time) / Cameroon Vs Nigeria: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 1 - 1 (Full Time) / Korea DPR Vs Nigeria 3 - 0 :FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by terzurum5(m): 3:53pm On Sep 28, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Basetsana Back from Zambia Trip
[/size]
By SAFA Media

The South Africa U-20 women’s team have safely arrived back in the country from Zambia.
Basetsana played to a goalless draw with junior She-polopolo in a 2016 Papua New Guinea U-20 FIFA Women’s World Cup qualifier at the Nkoloma Stadium in Lusaka on Sunday.
South Africa’s head coach Elisabeth Migchelsen is confident her young squad will come out tops in the home leg scheduled for October 10 at the Makhulong Stadium in Tembisa. Kick-off is at 15h00.
“We fought very hard as a team, we played as a team and that is a big compliment for these players. Zambia was very physical, but that is something we expected. We tried to play to our strengths of keeping the ball but they did not let us play,” said Migchelsen.
“It was a bit tough for our players to play under such physical pressure. My players needed to make quicker decisions on and off the ball and play long balls instead of our usual short passing. Also Zambia’s experience from the World Cup showed on the field, when we struggled they just kept on going.”
The squad will take a week’s break before they are back in camp to prepare for the return leg.
Migchelsen is also not fazed about what happened when the two nations met in an U-17 World Cup qualifier in 2014.
“That Zambia and South Africa played a draw in Lusaka in the first leg and won the return match 3-1 doesn’t bother me. As far as I am concerned it’s all in the past. We will prepare for the second leg as though as we are starting a new game. We are ready for them, the second leg starts with 0-0 and then we will have to see the result after 90 minutes. We don’t feel any pressure because we played to a goalless draw yesterday.”
Basetsana captain Amogelang Motau, who was a livewire in the middle of the park, believes even with their physical superiority, the Zambians will not emerge victorious in South Africa.
“If the biggest animal in the jungle is the king, then the elephant would be the king of the jungle but we all know the lion is the king of the jungle - so we may be very small and they may be bigger than us and physical, but it is all about who wants it more, and I believe our mental strength will take us through. When they come to South Africa, Zambia should be ready for another fight and they should expect far more than what we put up in Lusaka,” said Motau.
Zambia’s coach Osward Mutapa said: “It was a very tough game. Technically, the South Africans were better than us but we played to our strength, which was power. Our game was one of physique and we did just that. We created a lot of chances but unfortunately we could not convert them. We knew it will be a tough encounter and the good thing is that we haven’t conceded. Like the South African captain said, it will be a battle in the return leg.”
In the last round, Zambia failed to score against Tanzania in the first leg in Zambia, but managed to find the net in the second leg.
“Each and every game is different but history speaks for itself - we scored four away in Tanzania and hopefully we will score some goals in South Africa. We created a lot of chances and based on that we are positive of the outcome in two weeks time. What we wanted was not to concede, which we managed to do, but had we scored it would have been much better. We are comfortable with the situation as it is,” added Mutapa.
His words were echoed by one of his players, Esther Mukwasa.
“South Africa is not an easy team, they are quite tough actually. But I believe and trust in my fellow players that the journey is not over yet – in fact it has just begun. I promise that in our away match we will get goals, more so because we are at an advantage as we did not concede. We saw that South African defence is not very dangerous but just that our strikers were very slow on the day,” said Mukwasa.
Meanwhile South Africa is nursing a few injury concerns.
Goalkeeper Mapaseka Mpuru suffered an ankle sprain, Chamelle Wiltshire has a calf muscle strain, Lelona Daweti is suffering from a hamstring strain, and Bongeka Gamede has a knee sprain while Tiisetso Makhubela has a troublesome groin. Gamede and Daweti had to be substituted in the match.
[/b]

www.kickoff.com/mobile/news/59259/basetsana-back-from-womens-u-20-world-cup-qualifier-with-zambia

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 28, 2015
Danycrusoe:

That Run May End In The Next Round Of QualifierS And If Doesnt, It Will End Very Soon
Not in the next 10 years grin

3 Likes

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by enomakos(m): 6:26pm On Sep 28, 2015
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
Rinsola Babajide Scores Again for Millwall
[/size]

Rinsola Babajide scores again for Millwall Ladies
Nigerian forward Rinsola Babajide continued her impressive display for Millwall Ladies when she scored in a 2-1 loss to Aston Villa Ladies on Sunday night.
She has now scored five goals.
Rinsola Babjide gave the home side the lead after 25 minutes - powering home a confident finish after a sustained period of Millwall pressure before strikes from Beth Merrick and Wilkinson turned the game on its head.
The WSL 2 meeting followed a similar pattern to the same fixture last season - late drama not quite a stoppage time turnaround.
Babajide was a menace down the left flank the last time the two sides met at Sutton yet this time she played down the middle.
The Nigerian had a good chance to break the deadlock, but could not steer her effort from close range on target.
Moments later, scorer Babajide held the ball up, unleashed a strike which was clawed away by Leach - a good strike and equally impressive save.
[/b]

africanfootball.com//news/571716/Rinsola-Babajide-scores-again-for-Millwall
cc: orkpekyandega, CFCfan, enomakos, jieta, denniece1, humberjade, Danycrusoe, etc.
This girl has not stopped doing it ooooooh!
Oya oga Icon4s I beg help us hala oga Peter Dedevbo to invite this girl together with the other girl that plays for Watford Ladies FC, before bad belle people (i.e England) go come spoil show.
i believe the nff already know about her,she may be invited for the world cup

who know she may make the team like courtney dike did in canada 2014

3 Likes

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Orkpekyandega(m): 8:58pm On Sep 28, 2015
enomakos:
i believe the nff already know about her,she may be invited for the world cup

who know she may make the team like courtney dike did in canada 2014
Just hope so

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 28, 2015
Orkpekyandega:

Just hope so
And she will be eligible for the 2018 tournament.
Just imagine what a front-three of Oshoala, Oparanozie and Rinsola would do to opposition defenses in the future.

2 Likes

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Orkpekyandega(m): 9:11pm On Sep 28, 2015
CFCman:

Who ever believed our darling Super Falcons will go down so soon? Look at the way they didn't qualify for the olympics and their below performance at the just concluded AAG.
These are signals that tell you all is not well.

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Orkpekyandega(m): 9:24pm On Sep 28, 2015
CFCman:

Just imagine what a front-three of Oshoala, Oparanozie and Rinsola would do to opposition defenses in the future.
Men! You are in the spirit. Thats what am saying. But of a truth, that Oparanozie of a girl I knew during the U-20 has really droped form seriously.

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Danycrusoe(m): 4:10am On Sep 29, 2015
CFCman:

Other Female Teams Are Improving And We Might Be Shocked Soon. We Should Have Beaten Congo By Nothing Less Than Four Goals. Thats How The Falconets Have Known Do

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Danycrusoe(m): 4:15am On Sep 29, 2015
CFCman:

And To Think You Forgot To Add Courtney Dike, an excellent striker, Shows We May Have A Team That Has Depth And A Pool Of Talents To Choose From hopefully NFF will do d ryt thing. Chiwendu ihezuo x dia if she improves her game, and more of dem would be uncovered soon.

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Danycrusoe(m): 4:20am On Sep 29, 2015
Orkpekyandega:

Men! You are in the spirit. Thats what am saying. But of a truth, that Oparanozie of a girl I knew during the U-20 has really droped form seriously.
She Has Played Half Of Her Career In Disguise As A Teenager, I Think She Played D Under 20 World Cup Twice So She Might Have Been Over Used By Both Club And Country Thereby Causing Fatigue. She Will Soon Hit Top Form I Believe

2 Likes

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Danycrusoe(m): 4:27am On Sep 29, 2015
terzurum5:

That is why we need to look else where for more prolific strikers. It looks like the likes of Oshoalo and Courtney Dike are lacking in this present set of Falconets. The scoreline to me is not encouraging at all.
We need Rinsola Babajide of Millwall Ladies FC in this team.
Asisat Oshoala cnt feature 4 d falconets again she has passd d age limit, However Courtney Dike Can Still Be A Part

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Orkpekyandega(m): 6:45am On Sep 29, 2015
Danycrusoe:

She Has Played Half Of Her Career In Disguise As A Teenager, I Think She Played D Under 20 World Cup Twice So She Might Have Been Over Used By Both Club And Country Thereby Causing Fatigue. She Will Soon Hit Top Form I Believe
She better do ooo.
Am running out of patience with her.
Look at our forward, in those days (during their U-20 days) Francisca ordega was not near Desire Ordega but right now, her impact is felt in the team more than Oparanozie even when they come against strong opposition, same as Okobi the midfield marshal.

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Orkpekyandega(m): 6:48am On Sep 29, 2015
Danycrusoe:

Asisat Oshoala cnt feature 4 d falconets again she has passd d age limit, However Courtney Dike Can Still Be A Part
I am aware. I meant players with such killer instinct like that of Oshoalo and Dike are not that many in the present team

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Danycrusoe(m): 8:01am On Sep 29, 2015
Orkpekyandega:

She better do ooo.
Am running out of patience with her.
Look at our forward, in those days (during their U-20 days) Francisca ordega was not near Desire Ordega but right now, her impact is felt in the team more than Oparanozie even when they come against strong opposition, same as Okobi the midfield marshal.
Right Now I Dont Know Wats Happening But TheRe Is Lack Of Competition Between The Strikesr In The Super Falcons

2 Likes

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:21am On Sep 29, 2015
Danycrusoe:

Right Now I Dont Know Wats Happening But TheRe Is Lack Of Competition Between The Strikesr In The Super Falcons
It looks like the Coaches are over respecting Desire Oparanozie, if not Umutong, that girl that plays for Portsmouth FC Ladies would have done better than her. Look at Courtney Dike's commanding presence, atleast when she came in, in the dying minutes of the game. Oparanozie had all the time, but could not do any thing reasonable, she was only falling off the ball.

2 Likes

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by terzurum5(m): 4:26pm On Sep 29, 2015
Danycrusoe:

I know. What I mean is that, we don't have the kind of players with the 'killer instinct' which the likes of Oshoala and Courtney Dike had.

2 Likes

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by terzurum5(m): 4:54pm On Sep 29, 2015
[size=14pt]
Nigeria/Congo-Kinshasa: Danjuma Lauds Falconets Victory
[/size]
By Augustine Akhilomen
Interim Super Falcons coach, Christopher Danjuma, has lauded the performance of the Falconet after its 2-1 away win against DR Congo on Sunday.
Goals from Chinasa Uchendu in the 6th minute and Chiwendu Ihezuo in the 12th minute saw Nigeria record an important win in its bid for a place at the 2016 FIFA Women's World Cup.
Danjuma, who failed to qualify the Super Falcons for the Rio Olympics and also had a disastrous outing at the just concluded African Games in Congo Brazzaville, said that the team won't have any problem winning the return leg schedule for October 10 in Abuja.
The winner of the fixture will clash with the winner of the fixture between South Africa and Zambia, for a place in Papua New Guinea. Zambia hosted the two teams' first leg in Lusaka on Sunday.

allafrica.com/stories/201509290864.html
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by terzurum5(m): 5:05pm On Sep 29, 2015
[size=14pt]
Pacific Islands Society
[/size]
Congratulations for PNG for winning the bid to host the 2016 FIFA U-2- Women's World Cup!
Islands Business
Papua New Guinea to Host FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup in 2016

m.facebook.com/PacificIslandsSociety/posts/642136232580880

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Danycrusoe(m): 7:20pm On Sep 29, 2015
Orkpekyandega:

It looks like the Coaches are over respecting Desire Oparanozie, if not Umutong, that girl that plays for Portsmouth FC Ladies would have done better than her. Look at Courtney Dike's commanding presence, atleast when she came in, in the dying minutes of the game. Oparanozie had all the time, but could not do any thing reasonable, she was only falling off the ball.
The Coaches Dont "Trust" Those Players Brought In From Abroad. The Reason For This I Guess Is Because African Teams Rely On Power And Pace, Therefore The Coaches May Think They Dont Have The Strength For African Football Thereby Limiting Their Play Time. But To Me DIKE looks Strong Enough To Handle That, Am Not Sure About Umutong

2 Likes

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by terzurum5(m): 2:40pm On Sep 30, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
I can be Nigeria’s next super star, says Ihezuo
[/size]

The Falconets forward has made her intentions known of carving a niche for herself at next year’s Fifa Women’s U20 World Cup in Papua-Guinea
Nigeria U20 women team striker Chinwendu Ihezuo has expressed her intentions of becoming a force to be reckoned with at the 2016 Fifa U20 Women's World Cup.
The 18-year-old who was second highest goal scorer at the 2012 Fifa U17 Women’s World Cup was on target for the Falconets as they caged DR Congo 2-1 on Sunday and believes she can emulate Asisat Oshoala’s feat in Papua-Guinea.
"By a grace of God, I want to be another Oshoala in Papua-Guinea next year," Ihezuo toldGoal.
"I want to take after her and continuing from where she stopped in Canada next year. I've been working hard on my game and scoring ability.
"It is my dream to win more awards and also be the next star in women football. Nigerians should expect more goals from me. I promise to put more efforts and hard work in making sure I keep scoring goals," she aspired.
Meanwhile, the Pelican Stars striker attributed her team’s victory in Kinshasa to fitness and strict adherence to the coaches’ instructions.
"We won due to our hard work,” she continued. “Though, it was not easy because the team we played against are very strong. We were very fit for the game and were able to outplay them.
"We were under no pressure at all except for the many home fans who attended the game were shouting but we never allowed that to distract us at all. Our coach told us to remain calm and play our game."
On her goal, she said: "I knew I was going to score. In every game, I have desire to score and so it was no surprise at all when the opportunity came that I took it,” she concluded.
[/b]

m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/12072/nigeria-women/2015/09/29/15824962/i-can-be-nigerias-next-super-star-says-ihezuo
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Danycrusoe(m): 8:41am On Oct 01, 2015
Ihezuo has been a flop so far. she has failed to live up to expectations since scoring seven goals in Azerbaijan 2012She Have To Step Up Her Game

2 Likes

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Orkpekyandega(m): 6:40pm On Oct 02, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria/Congo-Kinshasa: Falconets Coach, Dedevbo Writes Off Congo
[/size]
Falconets head coach, Peter Dedevbo has said DR Congo have come to the end of the road in the 2016 FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup in Chile.
The Nigerian campaigners pulled a 2-1 win against the Central African side in last Sunday's first leg qualifying fixture in Kinshasa. The reverse fixture will hold next week at the Abuja National Stadium.
Dedevbo said the Congolese opponents would have been pummeled with goals if not the tedious trip to Kinshasa.
"The clash in Kinshasa was not really tough, the Congolese opponents were largely a fair side.
"Fatigue as a result of the tedious trip affected us badly, I still commend the players for rising up to the occasion to achieve the heartwarming result.
"However, I believe they have come to the end of their campaign in the 2016 FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup.
"Of course, we will beat them on our home ground next week in Abuja, I do not know what the scoreline will be but they will be thoroughly beaten, " said the Delta Queens coach to supersport.com
The winners of both fixtures will confront the aggregate winners of the clash between South Africa and Zambia for a spot at the World Cup.
[/b]

allafrica.com/stories/201510020660.html
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Orkpekyandega(m): 7:05pm On Oct 02, 2015
Danycrusoe:
Ihezuo has been a flop so far. she has failed to live up to expectations since scoring seven goals in Azerbaijan 2012She Have To Step Up Her Game
You are on point. I even expected her to be in Super falcons by now.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Orkpekyandega(m): 7:18pm On Oct 02, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup Jordan 2016
Jordan 2016 official emblem unveiled
[/size]
The Local Organising Committee of the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup Jordan 2016 has unveiled the official emblem for the upcoming tournament. With Jordan hosting the event in 2016, the logo was designed to reflect the kingdom’s most iconic symbols.
The reveal took place during the Soccerex Asian Forum 2015’s two-day activities at the lowest point on earth, the Dead Sea. The U-17 Women's World Cup’s official emblem was launched by HRH Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein President of the Jordan Football Association (JFA), President of the West Asian Football Federation (WAFF) and Vice President of FIFA.
The official emblem resembles the overall shape of the unique FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup Trophy, working as a canvas to showcase the visual aspects of the Jordanian culture and art. A number of traditional items can be identified, like the distinctive pattern of the Jordanian scarf, the Hatta, and a Pan Arabic colour scheme, while a star taken from the national flag shines bright from the top of the emblem. Jordan’s national flower, the black iris, sits above the base of the emblem, symbolising the evolving character of FIFA’s youth tournament. Altogether, the visual keys form an iconic brand mark for the tournament and appeal to a wider, international audience.
"We are excited to have launched the tournament’s official emblem declaring Jordan as the host country of the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup Jordan 2016," said Salah Sabra, LOC Chairman. "We are very proud to be accommodating such a globally acclaimed sports event that is highly anticipated by organisers, fans and audiences alike. Moreover, we are confident that the enthusiasm and support demonstrated by the Jordanian people, who are well known for their hospitality and passion for football, will positively contribute towards the overall success of the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup and will reaffirm Jordan's ability to host renowned international sport events."
In turn, LOC CEO, Samar Nassar, stated: “The FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup official emblem embodies Jordan’s rich culture and represents the Kingdom’s unique spirit, history, heritage and authenticity of its people. By hosting the tournament, we are creating an ongoing legacy for women’s football and Jordanian football as a whole, particularly given the tournament’s promising launch. Despite being formed just ten years ago, our national women's football team’s great potential and ambition have spurred it towards achieving multiple local and regional accomplishments and successes. We are confident that hosting the U-17 Women's World Cup will serve as motivation for our female Jordanian players and will help us uncover many hidden athletic talents."
[/b]

www.fifa.com/u17womensworldcup/news/y=2015/m=5/news=jordan-2016-official-emblem-unveiled-2601067.html

news

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Orkpekyandega(m): 7:37pm On Oct 02, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup 2016 Qualifiers so far
[/size]
In addition to host nation Papua New Guinea, 15 nations will qualify from 6 separate continental competitions.
Join the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup 2016group on Women’s Soccer United to keep up to date with all the latest news.
AFC (Asia, 2 Slots)
2015 AFC U-19 Women’s Championship – View tournament details.
Japan
North Korea
South Korea
CAF (Africa, 2 Slots)
2015 CAF U-20 Women’s World Cup Qualifying Tournament
Possible last Qualifiers:
Burkina Faso, Equatorial Guinea, DR Congo, Zambia, Ethiopia, Ghana, Nigeria, South Africa.
CONCACAF (North, Central America & Caribbean, 3 Slots)
2015 CONCACAF Women’s U-20 Championship
Canada, USA, Mexico, Honduras, Panama + 3 more teams TBC.
CONMEBOL (South America, 2 Slots)
2015 South American Under-20 Women’s Championship
Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela.
OFC (Oceania, 2 Slots)
2015 OFC U-20 Women’s Championship
Papua New Guinea (Host nation)
Possible last Qualifier:
New Caledonia, New Zealand, Samoa, Tonga, Vanuatu.
UEFA (Europe, 4 Slots)
2015 UEFA Women’s Under-19 Championship – View tournament details.
France
Germany
Spain
Sweden
[/b]

www.womenssoccerunited.com/fifa-u-20-womens-world-cup-2016-qualifiers-so-far/

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Orkpekyandega(m): 7:43pm On Oct 02, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup
Nigerian referees selected for qualifiers
By Steve Dede
[/size]
The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) confirmed that Uloma Nwogu will be the referee, with other Nigerian assistants
Nigerian women referees have been appointed to take officiate the 2016 FIFA Under-20 Women’s World Cup qualifying match between Burkina Faso and Ethiopia in Ouagadougou on Saturday October 3.
The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) confirmed that Uloma Nwogu will be the referee, with Hulda Nwokocha as first assistant and Mimisen Iyorhe as second assistant.
Another Nigerian Folusho Ajayi will be the reserve referee.
The match was rescheduled following a failed coup in Burkina Faso, but calm has since returned to the country.
The game is the third round, first leg of the race to the 2016 FIFA Under-20 Women’s World Cup in Papua New Guinea.
The winner of the fixture between Burkina Faso and Ethiopia will clash with the winner between Equatorial Guinea and Ghana, while the winner between Nigeria and DR Congo will confront the winner between Zambia and South Africa.
Two countries will represent Africa at the finals.
[/b]

pulse.ng/sports/football/fifa-u-20-women-s-world-cup-nigerian-referees-selected-for-qualifiers-id4220681.html
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Orkpekyandega(m): 7:53pm On Oct 02, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Ethiopia Women National Team During a Past Match BBC
[/size]

The 2016 FIFA Under-20 Women World Cup qualifier pitting hosts Burkina Faso and Ethiopia has been postponed from Saturday 3 October.
The changes have been effected by the Confederation of African Football (CAF) due to the unstable political situation in Burkina Faso. The exact date of the match will be communicated in due course.
Two teams
The winner of the two-legged encounter will face either Equatorial Guinea or Ghana in the third round of qualifiers with only two slots up for grabs to represent Africa at the final tournament in Papua New Guinea.
The 2016 FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup will be the eighth edition of the biennial tournament.
In other second round fixtures, Equatorial Guinea lost by a solitary goal to Ghana in the first leg as did DR Congo going down 1 – 2 to Nigeria while Zambia and South Africa settled for a barren draw in matches played on the weekend of September 26 - 27.
Independence
Meanwhile, Burkina Faso’s men national team lost 2 – 3 to Ethiopia in a friendly match played on Wednesday 30 September to mark the country’s 49th independence celebrations.
[/b]

soka.co.ke/news/item/fifa-u20-women-wc-burkina-faso-ethiopia-tie-moved
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Orkpekyandega(m): 8:18pm On Oct 02, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup Jordan 2016
[/size]

Jordan celebrates countdown to kick off
A thousand-mile journey begins with a single step. For Jordan, this step was taken on the evening of Wednesday 30 September 2015 and represented a milestone on the road to the biggest event in the history of Jordanian sport. On this occasion, it was not players who were the centre of attention but an event, one that marked the beginning of the one-year countdown to the start of FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup Jordan 2016.
In a festive ceremony organized under the patronage of Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah, the Local Organizing Committee (LOC) launched a clock that represented the one-year countdown to the kick-off of the elite showpiece, which will be held between 30 September and 21 October 2016. Leading officials attended the event, including His Highness Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein, the President of the Jordan Football Association (JFA), Moya Dodd, member of the FIFA Executive Committee, and a host of political, economic and sporting figures.

The ceremony started with a pre-recorded message from Her Majesty Queen Rania, in which she highlighted the importance of the tournament for Jordan. “This is a historic event for Jordan. It is a national achievement,” said Her Majesty. “All Jordanians will be proud to welcome the best teams in the world, who will be competing to win the World Cup here on our soil. We are all responsible for being fully prepared for the event and showing the world the hospitality of our nation. Let us all work together to make this unique event a success.”
In a speech given on behalf of the LOC, CEO Samar Nassar extended the Jordanian football community’s gratitude to the endless support of their Majesties, King Abdullah and Queen Rania Al Abdullah, in helping host a tournament which will generate great benefits for the country.
“Women's football has received immense support in Jordan, since the creation of Jordan’s women's national team in 2005. Throughout the past ten years, everyone has been working hard to advance women football,” said Nassar. “Hosting the U-17 Women’s World Cup is the result of hard work, and certainly represents a giant step on the road of development.
“This showpiece will be a turning point in the history of women’s football in Jordan and will attract more attention to the sport,” she continued. “The positive impact of this global event will not be limited to young girls, but will extend to the whole football scene in the country, including developing stadiums that will make up a part of the tournament’s legacy.”
Moya Dodd added: “This is a unique opportunity to advance women’s football in Jordan and the wider region. This tournament will leave a legacy that will inspire a large number of young girls to play football. It will also play an important role in enhancing understanding between different cultures.”
The ceremony saw the announcement of the first two local ambassadors for the tournament: Mohammed Al Wakeel, a television presenter, and Yasmeen Khair, star of Jordan’s national team and a former gymnastics champion.
Towards the end of the ceremony, His Highness Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein, along with heads of municipalities of the three cities hosting the tournament, the two local ambassadors, and the captain of the Jordan’s U-17 women team, all took to the stage to launch the countdown clock amid rapturous applause from the crowd.
In addition, the LOC announced the launch of a bus that will bear the tournament’s motto and travel across the three host cities, Amman, Al-Zarqa and Irbid, to promote the tournament and capture the attention of the local communities - encouraging interaction with the showpiece event.
[/b]

www.fifa.com/u17womensworldcup/news/y=2015/m=9/news=jordan-celebrates-countdown-to-kick-off-2708515.html?intcmp=fifacom_hp_module_news
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Danycrusoe(m): 9:48am On Oct 05, 2015
Orkpekyandega:

You are on point. I even expected her to be in Super falcons by now.
I Thought She Made The Initial List For The World Cup, And Wasn't She At The AWC in namibia
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Orkpekyandega(m): 12:59pm On Oct 05, 2015
Danycrusoe:

I Thought She Made The Initial List For The World Cup, And Wasn't She At The AWC in namibia

She made the preliminary squads for both African Women Championship and the FIFA Women World Cup, but failed to make the final squad for both tournaments.
Falcons Coach Name AWC Squad

By Izuchukwu Okosi:
Nigeria’s women national team coach Edwin Okon has named his squad for the African Women Championship to be held in Namibia between October 11-25, 2014.
The squad announced on Monday afternoon have old war horses, Perpetua Nkwocha, Stella Mbachu, Esther Sunday, Cecilia Nku, Gloria Iroka, Precious Dede and Francisca Ordega amongst others.
The Super Falcons will begin their campaign in Namibia with a game against Cote d’ Ivoireon October 11. The Falcons will on October 14 play against Zambia before rounding off their group games with a date against the hosts on October 17.
The Falcons won the first seven African championships and through 2011 lost only five games to African competition. Equatorial Guinea are the current African champions.
Falcons Squad list for the AWC:
GOALKEEPERS
Precious Dede (Ibom Queens)
Ibubeleye White (Rivers Angels)
Christy Ohieriaku ( Oshogbo Queens)
DEFENDERS
Osinachi Ohale (Houston Dash,United States)
Josephine Chukwunonye (Rivers Angels)
Gloria Ofoegbu (Rivers Angels)
Onome Ebi ( FK Minsk,Belarus)
Ngozi Ebere (Rivers Angels)
Ugochi Njoku ( Rivers Angels)
MIDFIELDERS
Evelyn Nwabuokn (Rivers Angels)
Onyinyechi Ohadugha (Rivers Angels)
Gloria Iroka (Rivers Angels)
Cecilia Nku (Rivers Angels)
Ayinde Halimat (Delta Queens)
Ngozi Okobi (Delta Queens)
FORWARDS
Desire Oparanozie (En Avent Guingamp,France )
Perpetua Nkwocha (Sunana SK,Sweden)
Esther Sunday (FK Minsk,Belarus)
Asisat Oshoala (Rivers Angels)
Stella Mbachu (Rivers Angels)
Francisca Ordega (Pitea IFF,Sweden)
www.completesportsnigeria.com/falcons-coach-name-awc-squad/
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Orkpekyandega(m): 4:55pm On Oct 05, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria-Born Aluko Leads Chelsea to League Trophy
[/size]
Nigerian born English player, Eniola Aluko made history with Chelsea Ladies as they recorded an emphatic victory over Sunderland and were crowned FA Women's Super League champions this evening (Sunday).
Ji So-Yun opened the scoring after just seven minutes before Fran Kirby added a brace in the second half to secure a remarkable league and FA Women's Cup double for the girls. The title win came exactly 23 days to the day since Chelsea Ladies played their first ever game.
Chelsea Ladies boss, Emma Hayes named an unchanged starting side from the one that comfortably beat Liverpool 4-0 a week previously. Hedvig Lindahl, with three clean sheets in her last four games, started in goal protected by a back four of Hannah Blundell, Niamh Fahey, Gilly Flaherty and Claire Rafferty.
Ji led the line up front supported by Kirby, Eni Aluko and Gemma Davison, while captain Katie Chapman partnered Drew Spence in midfield.
The Blues started the game with the destiny of the FA WSL 1 title in their own hands and they used that authority in the title race to their advantage early on as they made a strong start. Flaherty brought a routine stop from Hilde-Gunn Olsen in the Sunderland goal following Spence's free-kick from the left, and Chapman almost got on the end of a lovely forward pass from Ji but was let down by a heavy first touch.
The hosts were soon ahead in the game as Ji netted her 10th goal of the campaign after seven minutes. Aluko used her explosive pace to escape down the left flank and delivered a perfect low centre for the supporting South Korean, who cushioned a composed side-footed finish inside the far post.
Sunderland responded as Rachel Furness fired wide from a decent central position, however the league leaders continue to attack with pace and confidence as the half wore on. Ji combined intricately with Kirby and aimed for the far top corner with a curling effort that flew narrowly over, before Davison fired similarly off-target having cut infield from the right.
Hayes's side continued to control proceedings and fashion opportunities as they searched for a two-goal buffer. Kirby missed the target by inches with a clipped finish over the onrushing Olsen after Ji's pass had ricocheted fortunately into her path, before Tori Williams's powerful pass back had her goalkeeper scrambling to make sure it didn't roll in for an own goal.
In the final action of note in the first half, Aluko moved into space and whistled a drive inches wide from 25 yards out as the Blues went in to the break a goal ahead and in control.
The game restarted in a slightly more open fashion than Hayes might have liked, with Sunderland going close to a leveller within a couple of minutes as Bethany Mead escaped in behind. The striker, who netted a hat-trick against Chelsea in the fixture earlier in the season, opened her body expertly but could not place her shot on target.
Down the other end, Flaherty's header from a left-sided corner rebounded back off the far post, while Aluko's ferocious effort from the edge of the box was palmed away by Olsen. Lindahl gathered Emma Kelly's header before Chelsea netted twice in six minutes to storm into the title race driving seat.
The quick-fire double came courtesy of Kirby, though the prodigious forward had Davison to thank for her first as the tricky winger advanced down the right again and supplied a teasing cross which Kirby converted sliding in at the back post.
Moments later, it was 3-0 as Kirby roamed in from the right flank and unleashed a swerving strike that flew past Olsen and into the far corner. It was her seventh goal in eight games since signing from Reading in the summer.
Hayes's side had been solid at the back in recent weeks and demonstrated that defensive solidity again in the second half, with Lindahl dealing comfortably with a series of high balls into the box and those in front protecting her ably. At the other end of the field, Aluko seemed intent on adding her name to the scoresheet as she brought a good save from Olsen down low to the right.
Lindahl raced off her line to thwart Mead following a rare mistake by Fahey before the Swedish international was replaced for the final eight minutes by Marie Hourihan, the goalkeeper who broke her collarbone in a horrible injury on the final day of last season.
There was still time for late drama as we added a fourth goal to give the scoreline an empathic look, Davison exchanging a neat one-two with Kirby before slotting inside the far post. It capped a historic day for the Chelsea Ladies, who celebrated on the Wheatsheaf Park field in front of a record 2,710 crowd which included first team captain John Terry.
[/b]

Read more................
allafrica.com/stories/201510050557.html
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by terzurum5(m): 12:21am On Oct 10, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Chile 2016 Qualifier: Glo Charges Falconets To Beat Congo
Taofeek Lawal
[/size]

Sponsor of Nigeria’s national football teams, Globacom, has asked the junior national women team, Falconets, to complete the job they started in Congo a fortnight ago as they lock horns with their Congolese counterparts this weekend in Abuja.
LEADERSHIP Sports recall that two quick goals from Chinaza Uchendu and Chinwendu Ihezuo saw the Falconets defeat the Congolese 2-1 in a Chile 2016 FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup qualifying match in Kinshasa a fortnight ago.
Globacom, in a press statement released in Lagos on Tuesday, said: “It is expected that the Congolese will come out fighting, but the Falconets must show their class by beating them comprehensively in Abuja.
“We also share in Coach Peter Dedevbo’s belief that his girls would beat Congo DR again. We also want the Falconets to remain focused, so that they would secure outright victory and progress to the final stage,” the statement added.
Glo also urged the Falconets’ handlers not to rest on their oars and guard against any surprise that the visitors may spring in the encounter.
The winners of both fixtures will lock horns with the aggregate winner of the clash between South Africa and Zambia for a spot at the 2016 Under-20 Women World Cup holding in Chile.
[/b]

leadership.ng/sports/465873/chile-2016-qualifier-glo-charges-falconets-to-beat-congo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Messi Bids Neymar Farewell (PHOTOS) / I Prefer Your Sister': Materazzi Reveals What He Told Zidane Before The Headbutt / Chichi Igbo, Nigerian Female Footballer's Daring Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.