Stats: 3,149,863 members, 7,806,439 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

Ben Bruce To Osun Govt: I Will Not Respond To Your Attack During Ramadan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben Bruce To Osun Govt: I Will Not Respond To Your Attack During Ramadan (25447 Views)

"This Is The Govt I Fought For"Released Blogger Abubakar Sidik Voices Out.Photos / Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili / Wardrobe Allowance: Ben Bruce Mocking Nigerian Workers — Osun Govt (2) (3) (4)

Ben Bruce To Osun Govt: I Will Not Respond To Your Attack During Ramadan by samueld0(m): 10:17pm On Jun 18, 2015
THE lawmaker representing Bayelsa East Senatorial District, Senator Ben Murray Bruce, has said that in the spirit of the month of Ramadan observed by Muslim faithfuls, he will not respond to critics over his decision to donate half of his wardrobe allowance to the unpaid workers in Osun state.

“I’ll take whatever attacks come my way but nothing & nobody can dissuade me from doing what my conscience directs in helping my fellow man.
The month of Ramadan is here. Many unpaid workers will fast. With what will they break their fast? I thought of that and it moved me to act.
I may not be a Muslim, but I respect Islam and I believe that it is wrong for me to respond to any attack during the Holy month of Ramadan.
I wish the Muslim Ummah a successful fast. Please pray for God’s intervention in Nigeria so that peace may return. Ramadan Kareem, ” he posted on twitter.

It will be recalled that the Rauf Aregbesola government which has been unable to pay public workers in the state for more than seven months ridiculed the gesture of the lawmaker, describing it as a mockery of Nigerian workers.

On Wednesday, The Senator said “I, Ben Murray Bruce, will not sit down idly, while my fellow citizens die because salaries have not been paid. As a first step, I am immediately donating my wardrobe allowance to unpaid workers in Osun State and widows in my Constituency. We are starting in Osun, but we will not end there. I will do as much to help workers who’ve not been paid in other states.”
But in a swift reaction, the Osun State government lampooned the lawmaker , saying he was playing to the gallery just as he said he (Murray-Bruce) was trivialising the issue.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/ben-bruce-to-osun-govt-i-will-not-respond-to-your-attack-during-ramadan/

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ben Bruce To Osun Govt: I Will Not Respond To Your Attack During Ramadan by donholy28(m): 10:18pm On Jun 18, 2015
Make we just sidon dey look am

Re: Ben Bruce To Osun Govt: I Will Not Respond To Your Attack During Ramadan by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 18, 2015
Compulsory fasting for all osun muslims
Fullishness is wen u vote a man dat has not paid ya salary for close to 3 months prior to ya election and u now expect him to pay after
Lolzzzz, make dem suffer

Cc: lalasticlala

95 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ben Bruce To Osun Govt: I Will Not Respond To Your Attack During Ramadan by ramdris(m): 10:27pm On Jun 18, 2015
I am beginning to think there is more to this Bruce sudden love for ordinary man. While I applaud his style, I can't help think the guy is thinking of 2019....

Just a thought. Bruce for President, 2019 undecided...

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Bruce To Osun Govt: I Will Not Respond To Your Attack During Ramadan by StOla: 10:28pm On Jun 18, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Fullishness is wen u vote a man dat has not paid ya salary for close to 3 months prior to ya election and u now expect him to pay after
Lolzzzz, make dem suffer

Was there a gubernatorial election in Osun state this year?

Ignoramus all over the Internet.

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Bruce To Osun Govt: I Will Not Respond To Your Attack During Ramadan by modupe2: 10:28pm On Jun 18, 2015
Re: Ben Bruce To Osun Govt: I Will Not Respond To Your Attack During Ramadan by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jun 18, 2015
Bruce should do whatever he feels like doing for Osun without telling the whole world.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ben Bruce To Osun Govt: I Will Not Respond To Your Attack During Ramadan by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jun 18, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Ben Bruce To Osun Govt: I Will Not Respond To Your Attack During Ramadan by yeahh(m): 10:29pm On Jun 18, 2015
grin grin Lol imagine the conconbility

Re: Ben Bruce To Osun Govt: I Will Not Respond To Your Attack During Ramadan by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jun 18, 2015
Re: Ben Bruce To Osun Govt: I Will Not Respond To Your Attack During Ramadan by spenca: 10:29pm On Jun 18, 2015
Is this dispensation a joke ? Coz it seems everyone is cracking a joke in this government

Re: Ben Bruce To Osun Govt: I Will Not Respond To Your Attack During Ramadan by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jun 18, 2015
Hello, my good pple

lol, Reminds me of back then in sec school, when we used to book for fight at a particular point after school, then every person will arrive with his squad and the fight go start.

This one na bruce vs aregbe, dem don postpone their fight till after ramadan.

Re: Ben Bruce To Osun Govt: I Will Not Respond To Your Attack During Ramadan by Dollyak(f): 10:29pm On Jun 18, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Lolzzzz, make dem suffer

lol @ compulsory fasting angry grin. This guy you need prayers!

Re: Ben Bruce To Osun Govt: I Will Not Respond To Your Attack During Ramadan by Dezzx(m): 10:30pm On Jun 18, 2015
Aregbe Rascal has silence the half cast..... cat has got his tongue undecided
Re: Ben Bruce To Osun Govt: I Will Not Respond To Your Attack During Ramadan by ejimieje: 10:30pm On Jun 18, 2015
I think am begining to love Ben

Re: Ben Bruce To Osun Govt: I Will Not Respond To Your Attack During Ramadan by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jun 18, 2015
spenca:
Is this dispensation a joke ?
Obviously
Re: Ben Bruce To Osun Govt: I Will Not Respond To Your Attack During Ramadan by steffans(m): 10:30pm On Jun 18, 2015
u talk too much Ben Bruce..
Its not the beginning of the race that matters..na the end!
Re: Ben Bruce To Osun Govt: I Will Not Respond To Your Attack During Ramadan by myklangelo(m): 10:30pm On Jun 18, 2015
Aregbesola na real tout's tout.
Help u no fit help, allow person to help body no gree you.
Even if Bruce is playing to the gallery, let him play as far as the people in your state have meals on their table.

Mmadu aburu ogbenye buru amusu

The 1st Igbo language blog is out, it is fun and insightful. Visit, comment, share and criticize.www.odeniigbo..com

Re: Ben Bruce To Osun Govt: I Will Not Respond To Your Attack During Ramadan by opekioplo: 10:30pm On Jun 18, 2015
crixtex:
Lol... instead of dem to beg ben bruce dem form... islam and tribalism don block deir hungry heads... pple dat see truth and try to maneuver. ... u know a gov'nor was owing u and u voted him in still...
that is the fact... Osun goverment is stupid

Re: Ben Bruce To Osun Govt: I Will Not Respond To Your Attack During Ramadan by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jun 18, 2015
Lol... instead of dem to beg ben bruce dem form... islam and tribalism don block deir hungry heads... pple dat see truth and try to maneuver. ... u know a gov'nor was owing u and u voted him in still...

Re: Ben Bruce To Osun Govt: I Will Not Respond To Your Attack During Ramadan by siraj1402(m): 10:31pm On Jun 18, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Lolzzzz, make dem suffer

Olopolo eku,is it only Muslims that are working in Osun State?
Re: Ben Bruce To Osun Govt: I Will Not Respond To Your Attack During Ramadan by ozo13(m): 10:31pm On Jun 18, 2015
StOla:

Was there a gubernatorial election in Osun state this year?

Ignoramus all over the Internet.
Re: Ben Bruce To Osun Govt: I Will Not Respond To Your Attack During Ramadan by loomer: 10:31pm On Jun 18, 2015
So na only for month of Ramadan dem no dey quarrel?

Humans just funny die

Re: Ben Bruce To Osun Govt: I Will Not Respond To Your Attack During Ramadan by tola9ja: 10:32pm On Jun 18, 2015
Vodkka:
Wetin b Ramadan....?

Re: Ben Bruce To Osun Govt: I Will Not Respond To Your Attack During Ramadan by olapluto(m): 10:32pm On Jun 18, 2015
Why bring Ramadan into his self glorification? Mr Bruce should just keep quiet.

Re: Ben Bruce To Osun Govt: I Will Not Respond To Your Attack During Ramadan by ayusco85(m): 10:32pm On Jun 18, 2015
spenca:
Is this dispensation a joke ? Coz it seems everyone is cracking a joke in this government
spenca:

Question for the gods
Re: Ben Bruce To Osun Govt: I Will Not Respond To Your Attack During Ramadan by HonourablePomk: 10:32pm On Jun 18, 2015
Re: Ben Bruce To Osun Govt: I Will Not Respond To Your Attack During Ramadan by Vodkka(m): 10:33pm On Jun 18, 2015
Wetin b Ramadan....?

Re: Ben Bruce To Osun Govt: I Will Not Respond To Your Attack During Ramadan by noesheke: 10:33pm On Jun 18, 2015
this Ben bruce can disgrace person ooo

Re: Ben Bruce To Osun Govt: I Will Not Respond To Your Attack During Ramadan by jackyraw09: 10:33pm On Jun 18, 2015
You cannot satisfy err one in this world.

just do what u feel is right and treat ppl the way u'd wish to b

treated.

BTW, Fp yaayyyy smiley

Willie Obiano Commissions Stanel Service Centre, Awka (Photos) / Blessing Agbomhere To Sue FG After Surviving Accident That Killed 3 / President Buhari Delivers Dam Project Abandoned For 27 Years