Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,526 members, 7,801,467 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) (107839 Views)

The Head Of Goat That Caused Accident In Anambra Was Cut Off (Photos) / Lagos Slum Where Residents Live With Snakes, Crocodiles (photos) / Accident Involving A Jeep At China Town In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by frakdon(m): 1:05pm On Jun 19, 2015
repogirl:
so whats the difference between pythons and snakes? Or because a python is large in size, its no longer a snake abi? Your olodoness is amazing!

yu r here, yu never pay for making me miss many of yur stories in forever nd...............yu come dey here, no still dey here.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 19, 2015
enigmagu1:

op you like som1 i knw in zuba....minister's hill ...are you the one?
nope
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 19, 2015
AgapeCharis:
True though. That comment was intended to hit the nerves of the person I quoted. tongue
. its not good na.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Born2eatPussy(m): 1:05pm On Jun 19, 2015
GodMode:

Typical igbo man cursing people's parents... I'm an Atheist...

Typical yoloba fool from South West who sold all his properties to the Igbos.
Whenever they hear that name Igbo, they start crying like a lady suffering from menstural pain
We will soon buy your dirty mothers & sisters so you can have every reason to cry like a rape victim.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jun 19, 2015
lucky032:

Nne,your adazi enu is wonderful.when next are you coming agukwu i'm in agukwu
I really don't know but I love the place
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by zendy: 1:06pm On Jun 19, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
Not all Igbo land cos in my town we kill all snakes

I'm sure if ask well, they will tell you that you can kill any type of snake but never a python. The penalty for killing a Python in Igboland is to bury it as you would your own father with full funeral rites. But it is possible that there maybe some parts of Igboland that no longer observe this tradition due to Christianity.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by dokyOloye: 1:07pm On Jun 19, 2015
tchidi:

Awka is a far place na. Make una allow the pix reach. grin grin

OP, I believe you. Once in Ebonyi state, a snake crawled near me and my host calmly picked it up and took it outside. *shudders at the thought* embarassed embarassed
That shld be in Ishiagu in Ivo LGA or around there,right?

1 Like

Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by ronald4lif(m): 1:07pm On Jun 19, 2015
AgapeCharis:
Diabolical people. I'd have to stop replying your mentions. Who knows? You fit use e-juju on me. grin

Guy, go sidon, let me address better people. I no wan distraction abeg. grin
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jun 19, 2015
Adaobi12:
. its not good na.
He understands. grin
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 19, 2015
vheMa:

why the campaign naangry

@embloded that line got me crackinggrin
lols.... I was only appreciating the FEMALE rep cos NGIGE was there with nothing to show

1 Like

Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by jnrbayano(m): 1:08pm On Jun 19, 2015
GodMode:

I just did small researched on pythons...

They don't attack HUMANS unless they are startled or provoked....

Is my post contrary to yours or in agreement?
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by dokyOloye: 1:09pm On Jun 19, 2015
fr3do:
Same thing in Ota-gbuno an Anioma village
Snake go dey slide majestically, you dare not disturb it.
It's not all snakes.
It's some specific ones and they are usually the one that are not poisonous even if they mistakenly bite U.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by gbens2000(m): 1:12pm On Jun 19, 2015
hensben:
place where snake dey visit person nor be snake kingdom bro wetin u go come call that one?
snake highland grin
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Luckygurl(f): 1:12pm On Jun 19, 2015
nerodenero:
I don't want village wahala and all those questions that might be asked about the dead snakes. We were told of Corp members who killed the snake and never gave them a befitting burial. The Corp members, according to what we were told, died mysteriously. Though I only saw, I never killed any. Besides, being Corper and in a strange land, one needs to be careful. I don't want to see or talk no evil grin grin

Lol! I grab.
Better be safe than sorrycheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Godsonkemz(m): 1:15pm On Jun 19, 2015
Point of correction, Its a species of python not snake. because the villagers don't harm dem and it neither attack the villagers too. Thats why they multiply in number and sizes. Jus sighted this one in one of ma visit to ma villa in Anambra.

Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by funkiebully: 1:15pm On Jun 19, 2015
Adaobi12:

Just like people from Agulu dont kill crocodile.

U are right
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Vodkka(m): 1:15pm On Jun 19, 2015
Op.... *thumbs up*...... You are right, am from that same part of town..... They are called "UMUNRI" towns which consists Enugwu-ukwu, Agwu-ukwu, Enugwu-Agidi and Nawfia
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by emecheboy2(m): 1:16pm On Jun 19, 2015
very common in Ukpor in Anambra State. Back in the days they worship them and in fact the snakes stay with you in the house.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by STEVENcrack(m): 1:16pm On Jun 19, 2015
In ukpor nnewi south LGA of Anambra state its a taboo to kill it, dunno why..I guess that killing that snake is not allowed in anambra state(I stand to be corrected though) its a harmless snake.

During my days in d village u can even see them inside mud cooking pots, and we do is justt to use a stick and gentle plAce them in d nearby stream. If u kill them It then u are up against d village gods. Its ur funeral baby.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by rosy4u(f): 1:16pm On Jun 19, 2015
Marrtynze:
Ar u bein serious,neva seen a snake b4?
yes of course
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by hensben(m): 1:17pm On Jun 19, 2015
gbens2000:
snake highland grin
abi nau grin
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Plus234(m): 1:17pm On Jun 19, 2015
Vodkka:
Op.... *thumbs up*...... You are right, am from that same part of town..... They are called "UMUNRI" towns which consists Enugwu-ukwu, Agwu-ukwu, Enugwu-Agidi and Nawfia

is there a town called NRI town ?
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by ronald4lif(m): 1:18pm On Jun 19, 2015
Jeffboi:

Lol. Oga no vex Abeg. Just that truth is bitter ; undecided

Wisdom has never made a bigot, learning has. You should always seek to understand first why a people revel in a practice before rushing to make baseless, tasteless and unfounded remarks about them. Just so you know, stereotyping a people doesn't gives you an edge over them. It reeks of ignorance and over-bloated sense of self-importance.

1 Like

Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by rosy4u(f): 1:19pm On Jun 19, 2015
guyX:
Story. Guess u live up in the sky.
mba... I live underground tongue
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by asha80(m): 1:19pm On Jun 19, 2015
zendy:

I'm sure if ask well, they will tell you that you can kill any type of snake but never a python. The penalty for killing a Python in Igboland is to bury it as you would your own father with full funeral rites. But it is possible that there maybe some parts of Igboland that no longer observe this tradition due to Christianity.
we kill all snakes whether python,aju ala,okporo in my hometown in Imo...
But we dont kill monkeys

1 Like

Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 19, 2015
AgapeCharis:
He understands. grin
OK.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Georgville(m): 1:20pm On Jun 19, 2015
Plus234:
that is Eke, python and not snake , agwo, people should learn how to call things by there proper names.
anyway na so ebe for places in Igbo land, they don't kill pythons including in my own Villa very close to Agu ukwu Nri

is Python a name of an animal?..some people sef. Python is and remains a legless reptile (Snake,serpent or whatever you choose to call it). the OP aint wrong in calling "python" a snake because that is exactly what it is.. Python is a TYPE of SNAKE.

1 Like

Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by funkiebully: 1:20pm On Jun 19, 2015
zendy:

Python is killed in Awka, it is not reverred. Stop d generalization. The only animal u don't kill there is monkey. Other towns have the animals they don't kill, not all towns rever python
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by frakdon(m): 1:21pm On Jun 19, 2015
remember007:
I really don't know but I love the place
yu don't knw, so if them allow yu, yu go carry adazi enu go gv am okwi'ya?
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by rosy4u(f): 1:21pm On Jun 19, 2015
vikeyz:
ąђђђђђђђђ, Y๏ม cąЙ LIє ๏ #ßI┼єşlips
bite am harder if dat will make u believe grin
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by dozzynet(m): 1:21pm On Jun 19, 2015
tchidi:

Awka is a far place na. Make una allow the pix reach. grin grin

OP, I believe you. Once in Ebonyi state, a snake crawled near me and my host calmly picked it up and took it outside. *shudders at the thought* embarassed embarassed
Witnessed such,also in Ebonyi state. Ishiagu community to be precise.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

This Is The Oyedepo Hangar They Plan To Demolish / Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada / Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.