Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,811 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) (22376 Views)

Poll: Allowing Nigerians to carry arms in self-defence will:

Reduce the fighting: 40% (34 votes)
Intensify the fighting: 59% (49 votes)
This poll has ended

Men Arrested In Taraba For Causing Religious Crisis - Photos / Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! / What Utter Madness - Civil Defence Corps Now To Carry Arms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by sammyzacks(m): 3:10pm On Mar 09, 2009
If our govt can secue us, then that is a necessary option. If you have experienced a mayhem, then you will understand what can is saying.
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by ishmael(m): 4:56pm On Mar 09, 2009
what is the difference btw gun and bow & arrow? what is the difference btw a gun and a spear? what is the difference btw a gun and a matchet? what is the difference btw a gun and a dagger? If people could be allowed to keep bow & arrow, spears, daggers and matchets, why wont people be allowed to keep guns? after all they are used for the same purpose; that is killing of people.

Enough is enough, we need to own guns too. after all it is part of our tradition just the same way it is some peoples tradition to own daggers, spears and long matchets

1 Like

Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by ifele(m): 9:07pm On Mar 11, 2009
What Nigerians need are what they cal PDW. Personal Defense Weapons especially during riots.

People have the right to protect their lives and property. If you were afraid of being a victim you will also get a firearm

like a small revolver or something.
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by Fhemmmy: 9:35pm On Mar 11, 2009
ifele:

What Nigerians need are what they cal PDW. Personal Defense Weapons especially during riots.

People have the right to protect their lives and property. If you were afraid of being a victim you will also get a firearm

like a small revolver or something.

Gbammmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by ifele(m): 10:01pm On Mar 11, 2009
Bros we need guns men.

When they legalize guns and rifles we go bring them in. ship them from east and russia in containers.men

Its good business. Check this one out.bros

1 Like

Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by Tsiya(m): 10:12pm On Mar 11, 2009
My only fear is when guns are legalized, there will be high mortalility of kids. Imagine the mothers and fathers that beat their children to almost death? Imagine those mothers and fathers that threathen to kill their children? Imagine those teachers in primary and secondary schools? Imagine those wicked seniors in boarding secondary school? Imagine those wicked people having guns. Kai Nigeria will be a slaughter house for some few years, before sanity will enter ppl head.
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by Muza(m): 3:40am On Mar 12, 2009
Those calling 4 the legalization and proliferation of fire arms,
hav u seen wat happened in Germany and U.S?
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by Nobody: 10:16am On Mar 12, 2009
abeg make them legalize am. two nights ago an asshole brushed me in traffic and took off. now if i'd had a gun. . . angry
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by Pataki: 2:28pm On Mar 12, 2009
I expected CAN to be more sensible and reasonable than the nonsense they are advocating for.
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by Nobody: 3:51am On Mar 13, 2009
The month is fast running! Wont they pass d bill again?? My pump /bomp/bomb action and marks 4 is fast degrading, i need to put them to use pls. grin
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by Nobody: 3:56am On Mar 13, 2009
Oh!!!!! I just finished training ma 3 kids on how to use em pistols i bought for them a month ago. Now they can start going to school (boardin skool grin ) with theirs and protect themselves.
Chei!!! 9ja, i no fit ssout ~ grin
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by ayobase(m): 12:14am On Mar 14, 2009
#Brein

U no fit shout true true oo
after 3 KIDS don ready to
blow off heads innocently!!
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by Nobody: 1:13am On Mar 14, 2009
@ayobase, grin And even as Oyb and Scanless are already displayin em' phycotic (spell) pranks by shooting em selves when gun hasnt been legalized nor have d damn bill bin passed.
More guns pls** grin
lmao @
am still sitting on d Fence
and who is beggin u to come down, lol.
I no fit ssout!!!
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by larez(m): 6:26pm On Mar 14, 2009
It seems like there is a misconception about the USA. People there are polite to each other and don't talk trash to any stranger like in Nigeria. Legalized guns will make Nigerians more respectful to each other. It will also improve civil rights. I know there will be some senseless violence in the beginning like for 2 months. After that Nigerians will learn to respect the gun as they go to a few funerals and understand it's power. Y'all shouldn't be too scared. I'll open up a funeral home for the projected business boom. grin
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by ayobase(m): 2:30pm On Jul 09, 2009
maybe u should be
one of the first scape goats!!

larez:

It seems like there is a misconception about the USA. People there are polite to each other and don't talk trash to any stranger like in Nigeria. Legalized guns will make Nigerians more respectful to each other. It will also improve civil rights. I know there will be some senseless violence in the beginning like for 2 months. After that Nigerians will learn to respect the gun as they go to a few funerals and understand it's power. Y'all shouldn't be too scared. I'll open up a funeral home for the projected business boom. grin
Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by Hivi(m): 2:38pm On Jan 10, 2013
strangleyo: Abuja — Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) yesterday disclosed that it was considering sending a bill that would allow every adult to carry arms as a way of checking unwarranted attacks to the National Assembly.

The body also took a swipe at what it called the non-challant attitude of President Umaru Musa Yar Adua and Vice President Goodluck Jonathan to the violent crisis in some parts of the North, asking them to resign if they cannot proffer solutions to the problem.

Reviewing the religious crisis in Bauchi and the attendant death toll, CAN Secretary General, Samuel S. Salifu , said at a news conference that it was passing a vote of no confidence on Yar'Adua and Jonathan for their alleged inability to proffer solutions to the crisis.

CAN said it received the news of the killings in Bauchi over the weekend with deep pain and sorrow, adding that it was considering sending a bill to the National Assembly on gun ownership in the country.

"We met this morning and we are considering sending a bill to the National Assembly to facilitate adults who are twenty one years and above to make it legal to own arms and weapons.

"Everybody should buy his own gun, Right now, as we are talking, they are still killing people in Bauchi. Where are the security people?" he said.

CAN said reports from Bauchi State showed that about 11 Nigerians were burnt to death out of which six were christians while three were burnt beyond recognition. It said 12 churches and a mosque were burnt and several houses destroyed over the weekend in the mayhem.

According to the CAN scribe, "over the weekend and even today (yesterday), we got the reports on the killings and we tried to reach on phone one of the Special Advisers to the Governor by name Adamu, who assured us that the situation was under control but thereafter I asked him to call me back but he didn't up till now. We also tried to reach the Vice President on the situation but could not.

" What bothers us most is that the president and vice president of this country have the responsibility of providing security for the citizens, The perception there fore to CAN is that the President and the Vice are very weak in tackling the situation".

Because if these things happens in other parts of the world, in whatever form, you find the president coming out to address the country.

"This is not the first time we have been having this in this country. We had it during Shagari time, he was a muslim too, but he talked on it, so we don't know why our present president is dumb and is saying nothing. As Christians with options , we are expecting the president to come out and condemn this act as soon as possible. Life is sacred and it must be respected. If he finds it very difficult, himself and his vice and they are not intending to take responsibility, then they should resign."

SOURCE: http://allafrica.com/stories/200902240149.html

^^ I agree, Nigerians should have the right to carry arms. With all these gangs running amok with illegal arms, nothing better than having your own legal one just in case.

KAWAI BA!

Re: CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) by Hivi(m): 2:46pm On Jan 10, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Gbammmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brozz, Small revolver is as gud az U dont have any defence Mechanizm!
Therefore; we need something Like thiz:...
cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NAF Commissions New Facilities In Markudi And Benin City (Pics) / FG Deducts N32bn From States Allocation / Leah Sharibu: Report Of Second Baby Heartbreaking, Say Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.