Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help (38693 Views)

"2 Years Ago I Started My Business With N30K But Now.."Nigerian Man Reveals.PICS / See How A Student Can Earn Money Without Affecting His Studies!!! / Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounter In 2016. - I Take A Bow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Lexusgs430: 3:42am On Jun 20, 2015
If she can't work, don't pay her. Employ someone else willing to work.
I might be interested in getting a job, what's the monthly wage? And how do I send my cv?

4 Likes

Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by linearity: 3:42am On Jun 20, 2015
She cannot show up for work just to collect salary without working for the pay...as you have articulated, her salary comes from those very tasks, she neglected to take care of, even God will not be happy.

As someone have indicated, you can hire more hands, then reduce their hours. e.g. instead of two people working 8hrs, you can hire 4 people to work 4hrs each. Tell the additional two people it is just for a month...

This way, the girl can have more time to devout to her fasting and prayers and your business will not suffer on the other hand.
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by possibilita(m): 3:44am On Jun 20, 2015
saxwizard:
the time is 3.23am una no dey slip?
am a student sleeping is not an option at night and fasting is not an excuse not to do ur coursework or assignment or even read ur books,here there are more muslem than christians but yet ppl work as if its a normal day,they only take break when its time for prayer so I will say ur She is a lazy Employee using fasting as an Excuse and Op pls take the advise of supporting and reducing her work time ,if she is still lazy pls DO THE NEEDFUL bcoz if u get patient with her u won't eat the fatest bone as in the saying "the most patient dog eats the fatest bone"but here the most patient dog will starve.

6 Likes

Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Nobody: 3:45am On Jun 20, 2015
Have you never heard of the word SACK or FIRE before?.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Nobody: 3:45am On Jun 20, 2015
Please op can i can and work in your place... your business sounds like a place where i can be lazy and still get paid...

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by steric58(m): 3:46am On Jun 20, 2015
orisirisi
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Nobody: 3:46am On Jun 20, 2015
Something i'm very sure of is that xtianity is a religion centered around lies. Ilé tí afi itó mo...
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Sard(m): 3:47am On Jun 20, 2015
Fvcking bullsh!t. angry
How will you allow such laziness just because of fasting? angry
will she also agree to go a month without pay?
Bro, a month is too long, you would have lost a lot of customers by then. Com'on, sack her lazy azz.

2 Likes

Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Nobody: 3:48am On Jun 20, 2015
nedu2000:
Open a laundry mart 3months ago with just 2 staff members. Despite our owning a big washing machine the laundry man's function is ironing,removing tough stains and operating the machine. The 2nd employee's task is to go deliver those clothes to clients,compliment the laundry man's job of manual removal of tough stains and reception work.

On tuesday evening,on my return for work took a detour to my shop only to see lots of clothes piled up unwashed!!the laundry man was trying frantically to remove the tough stains manually meanwhile the lady just sat down by the reception desk doing nothing!!

When I asked her why she was working or even gone to deliver clothes to clients her reply was...."i'm fasting"
In fury, I simply got my hands dirty and started doing the cleaning and delivery before I headed back home.

Pls NLders how do i deal with this? I feel i'm being "religiously backmailed" How should employers handle muslim employees who are fasting?

such boldness to tell you say she dey fast on top d appointment letter when no include religious break,mean say you dey either...nack her or dey play with her too much!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Nobody: 3:48am On Jun 20, 2015
Lexusgs430:
If she can't work, don't pay her. Employ someone else willing to work.
I might be interested in getting a job, what's the monthly wage? And how do I send my cv?
A whole Lexusgs430 for laundarywork?.

2 Likes

Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by stagger: 3:50am On Jun 20, 2015
nedu2000:
Open a laundry mart 3months ago with just 2 staff members. Despite our owning a big washing machine the laundry man's function is ironing,removing tough stains and operating the machine. The 2nd employee's task is to go deliver those clothes to clients,compliment the laundry man's job of manual removal of tough stains and reception work.

On tuesday evening,on my return for work took a detour to my shop only to see lots of clothes piled up unwashed!!the laundry man was trying frantically to remove the tough stains manually meanwhile the lady just sat down by the reception desk doing nothing!!

When I asked her why she was working or even gone to deliver clothes to clients her reply was...."i'm fasting"
In fury, I simply got my hands dirty and started doing the cleaning and delivery before I headed back home.

Pls NLders how do i deal with this? I feel i'm being "religiously backmailed" How should employers handle muslim employees who are fasting?

You need to sack that woman ASAP. Are you even thinking about it? WTF! Is she paid to work or to fast? What nonsense.

7 Likes

Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by abdulaz: 3:53am On Jun 20, 2015
Just try and discuss the issue with her as the other posters above me have suggested, make her to understand it's your business and that is where you make ends meet and if she can't be productive during this fasting period she should let you know so that you can find an additional hand so she can resume her work duties when the Ramadan is over. You can also try cutting down her working hours as earlier suggested. I pray almighty Allah gives her the strength to carry on.
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by stagger: 3:54am On Jun 20, 2015
And do I need to remind you that many churches these days do anything between 21-40 days fasting? Don't Christians fast during lent period (40 days)? Did RCCG not do 100 days fast last year?

There is a difference between a muslim and a lazy muslim. She is plain lazy. Years back, I remember that Abubakar Balarabe of El-Kanemi warriors played a match for the Super Eagles when he was fasting and scored a goal in that game. Why do people just use religion to excuse their laziness?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Ilekeh(f): 3:55am On Jun 20, 2015
The fact that you're asking this question means that Nigeria is developing, else you'd have fired her without care.

Like caseless pointed out, she has a right and you have to respect it.
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by acidtalk: 3:57am On Jun 20, 2015
radiokilla:

IT IS BETTER I KEEP QUIET IF I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT SOMETHING INSTEAD OF SPEAKING AND LOOKING ST*UPID

I'm aware that they eat to their neckful by 5:30am, and break fast by 6:00pm so where is the fasting . Sometimes, like yesterday, i forget to eat when i'm busy with work. I work for myself,anyway.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by free2ryhme: 3:57am On Jun 20, 2015
nedu2000:

so if your are the owner of a MNC your come here and complain to us when you already have the power to hire and fire

keep complaining when you are ready to be an employer then you know what to do

nonsense.

if it was her father's business what would she do

4 Likes

Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Judolisco(m): 4:02am On Jun 20, 2015
I think muslims do eat in d early in the morning..she should do her work very early 2 nd stop hiding under some fast
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by dokyOloye: 4:03am On Jun 20, 2015
A lady friend of mine who is a corper lawyer has been preparing since last weekend for a case she was supposed to handle on Thursday in a federal high court in almighty Abuja,only for d judge to postpone d case till next week cos he is fasting and I was like,WTF?
So,if there is som1 in detention who is supposed to get bail,then,because d oga is fasting,he will have to spend d weekend in jail.
D same way Buhari headed to Katsina to fast since Wednesday in d midst of all the wahala and bombings in naija.
Pls,d earlier we separate,at least into regions,d better cos we have little or nothing in common.
What if all d medical practitioners decide that they need to fast and abandon their duties,how disastrous can it possibly get?
This is d same reason Ur life will be at risk if U mistakenly advise Ur gateman or neighbor who can hardly feed himself that it is wrong for him to marry other wives,cos to him,that is what his religion prescribes and it is an affront to him,his religion and other followers of his religion for U to advise him against that.
Our differences are too much,we have no need being in d same country.

12 Likes

Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Nobody: 4:05am On Jun 20, 2015
nedu2000:

sack her. She can't remain not productive and cme to work daily lyk she gonn do something and collect salary at d end of da month
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Nobody: 4:07am On Jun 20, 2015
dokyOloye:
A lady friend of mine who is a corper lawyer has been preparing since last weekend for a case she was supposed to handle on Thursday in a federal high court in almighty Abuja,only for d judge to postpone d case till next week cos he is fasting and I was like,WTF?
So,if there is som1 in detention who is supposed to get bail,then,because a oga is fasting,he will have to spend d weekend in jail.
D same way Buhari headed to Katsina to fast since Wednesday in d midst of all the wahala and bombings in naija.
Pls,d earlier we separate,at least into regions,d better cos we have little or nothing in common.
I am a medical practitioner,what if I decide that I need to fast and abandon my duties,how disastrous can it possibly get?
This is d same reason Ur life will be at risk if U mistakenly advise Ur gateman or neighbor who can hardly feed himself that it is wrong for him to marry other wives,cos to him,that is what his religion prescribes and it is an affront to him,his religion and other followers of his religion for U to advise him against that.
Our differences are too much,we have no need being in d same country.
*claps* perfectly said

3 Likes

Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Dieumerci(m): 4:08am On Jun 20, 2015
Fasting should not be an excuse for not doing ur job. And Op don't even consider reducing her work load or engage her in a discussion on the issue. No one should know that you are fasting in the first place. Don't start something you cannot continue/sustain, what would happen when your biz grows and you have 7 out of 10 employees fasting?

3 Likes

Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by overlord77: 4:13am On Jun 20, 2015
Caseless:
treat them with care and love. Support them in times they need your support. Dont make it seem it is all about you and your business; put yourself in their shoe.
Since you have found the reason for her being slow in the discharge of her duty to be that she's fasting, just find a way to assist her or get someone to do that just for the month of fasting.
May God bless your business.

Are you kidding me right now? Will you let someone drag your business to the dirt because of religion? OP, please fire the lady so she would have enough time to do the fasting at home. Fasting is no excuse for not doing what you are paid to do. Simple as that
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by 0menka: 4:15am On Jun 20, 2015
you don't attach sentiments in business just fire the damn lazy bish
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Onegai(f): 4:19am On Jun 20, 2015
Ilekeh:
The fact that you're asking this question means that Nigeria is developing, else you'd have fired her without care.

Like caseless pointed out, she has a right and you have to respect it.

Unless Labour laws specify it, she has a right to Freedom of Religion but no right to lack of productivity. Any company that she does this in will offer her unpaid leave during the period of the fast and make a quiet note of it, the next time the worker messes up over any other matter, job gone rather than forgiveness ( which is why you don't hear bankers pulling this stunt she did). OP, sit her down and tell her you respect her religion, but you spoke to some Islamic teachers about it and you think the best thing she should do is to take an unpaid leave for the month of the fast. I don't feel she's a great worker (you said she wasn't impressing you before the fast) so offering her the option of reduced work hours doesn't guarantee she will still be productive.

Muslim countries don't shut down because of Ramadam.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Dyt(f): 4:22am On Jun 20, 2015
THATS NO EXCUSE NOT TO DO YOUR DUTY
THATS WRONG

I work too
I don't lazy around cos I am fasting
You do your work
Sometimes tiredness comes even when you are not fasting, this lady is just being plain lazy

8 Likes

Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by trendyspeed: 4:23am On Jun 20, 2015
You see, please lets don't be too docile about this whole thing, in as much that i support fasting (Which i too do as often as possible), but fasting and business are too things that we should not mix up together.
let me ask you, if at the end of the month you were unable to render your obligations like paying salaries or rent, will you say ' oh am sorry, we were fasting'.
Lets do things right, even i know there is a verse that says that 'dont let your fasting be obvious to people to notice'.(Abi)

So sir, talk to him or her with love but be firm

BUSINESS IS BUSINESS NOT RELIGION IS BUSINESS
In my opinion (which i am entitled to anyway)

3 Likes

Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by klas(m): 4:23am On Jun 20, 2015
@OP, you said the incident happened on Tuesday. Ramadan started in most places on thursday and in some, on friday.

What fasting did you say she claimed 48 hours earlier than the rest of the world?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Lexusgs430: 4:24am On Jun 20, 2015
Sincere4u:

A whole Lexusgs430 for laundarywork?.

Na me know o. Lol
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by neweraomo: 4:24am On Jun 20, 2015
Hmmmmm.... I just bought a Gotv..who wanna watch grin
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by ibnjarir93(m): 4:25am On Jun 20, 2015
nedu2000:

Ramadan fasting started on Thursday. How come she started hers on tuesday?

3 Likes

Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by kristosky(m): 4:27am On Jun 20, 2015
Caseless:
treat them with care and love. Support them in times they need your support. Dont make it seem it is all about you and your business; put yourself in their shoe.
Since you have found the reason for her being slow in the discharge of her duty to be that she's fasting, just find a way to assist her or get someone to do that just for the month of fasting.
May God bless your business.
b

Mumu Dats ur name

2 Likes

Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by madgoat(m): 4:29am On Jun 20, 2015
nedu2000:

Honestly the OP has not told us the full story. He must be having an affair with the lady (his employee) or how can a boss come back to his shop and see piles of work undone and he gets on his hands and knees to do the job bcoz his employee says shes fasting grin. I wonder who the 'real' boss is.

#plzzzzzzzzzzzz i need a job in ur shop... grin my salary is sure for doing nothing and my boss will still do my job for me if i give him an excuse not to work grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Prince Olisa, Arthur Eze’s Son Dedicates First Son (Photos) / The Bricklayer’s Explanation To Oil Price Fall, Naira Devaluation & Everything / HAMPER! HAMPERS!! HAMPERS!!! (contents And Prices)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.