Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,137 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help (38695 Views)

"2 Years Ago I Started My Business With N30K But Now.."Nigerian Man Reveals.PICS / See How A Student Can Earn Money Without Affecting His Studies!!! / Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounter In 2016. - I Take A Bow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by kevoh(m): 6:21am On Jun 20, 2015
Caseless:
you people just don't read. Dangote na dry cleaner? Is he not an employer of labour? What does he do by himself?
Oga, Dangote is a business man and an employer, OP is a business man and an employer even if its just two. Business is Business! There is no difference! My analogy of Dangote points to the fact that business must go on irrespective of religion to succeed.

If madam or any employee wants to whine about fasting all day and not do any work at all, OP pls show her the door and get another person who knows when not to mix RELIGION with her JOB. Shikena!
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by ybalogs(m): 6:22am On Jun 20, 2015
nedu2000:
amen but for a whole month?hope she supports me too,when I don't pay her month end but if I don't do that it'll seem i'm
Is she normally the hardworking type? If not, I think fasting is just an excuse to just get lazier. Anyways you've got to do what's best for your business but still you've got to really know it's not easy doing strenuous works during Ramadan. Wishing you the very best.
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by iPopAlomo(m): 6:22am On Jun 20, 2015
But in all honesty... that's some lame excuse sha... Muslim footballers play 90 minutes while fasting... trust me... I've tried it before and it ain't pretty... but you just have to do it... it's the job description... but you flawed in your story... you said Tuesday which makes me believe this is an anti-islam post...
maa salaam...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by redcliff: 6:24am On Jun 20, 2015
nedu2000:
the half-day/half month salary option seems cool but she'll likely not cooperate,how much work would she be able to sincerely put together in about 4hrs,not as if she's always been a hard worker prior....i really don't know what to do with this lady,and this is when God don bless us with a good number of clients this month

Please relief her of her job and let her go in peace. Except ypu are bedding the woman. The reason that you are sympathetic with her... smh
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by manuel85(m): 6:24am On Jun 20, 2015
Caseless:
treat them with care and love. Support them in times they need your support. Dont make it seem it is all about you and your business; put yourself in their shoe.
Since you have found the reason for her being slow in the discharge of her duty to be that she's fasting, just find a way to assist her or get someone to do that just for the month of fasting.
May God bless your business.
ARE YOU KIDDING? Fasting is not an excuse for not doing your Job! I have muslims as colleagues that still maintain their high level of performance during fasting.
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Caseless: 6:25am On Jun 20, 2015
EazyMoh:

see don't encourage 'religious blackmail' as he puts it. fasting is no excuse for not working or not working efficiently! most Muslims are not affected by fasting in their works even those that do heavy work like firewood cutting, load pushers or stone breakers. many do it even under hot weather without even drinking water.
her case to me is unacceptable. As I notice you just want to be lenient, I suggest you pay her half her salary (as payment for her reception and desk job) and employ a temporary staff to be doing the rest.
FYI I am a Muslim also.
Ramadan Kareem.
brother, remember that we're not created equal.
Ramadan kareem!
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Caseless: 6:25am On Jun 20, 2015
manuel85:
ARE YOU KIDDING?
NO!
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by pointwise: 6:26am On Jun 20, 2015
If this is not a make up story of lies, the Muslim lady knows that she has to work for her pay and you should show some love in your manner of approach. Action and reaction are equal and opposite. Learn to earn respect for your self don't demand for it.
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Jennifer89(f): 6:26am On Jun 20, 2015
Fire her jor!!!! which kin fasting is she doing that will prevent her from working? so if she's working in a company as a secretary she will tell her boos that she can't type coz she's fasting? hmmm
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Caseless: 6:30am On Jun 20, 2015
manuel85:
ARE YOU KIDDING? Fasting is not an excuse for not doing your Job! I have muslims as colleagues that still maintain their high level of performance during fasting.
I didnt say fasting should be an 'excuse' , all i'm saying is, she needs his support at this time.
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by 9jatatafo(m): 6:34am On Jun 20, 2015
Use your number six
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by jaybee3(m): 6:34am On Jun 20, 2015
Jennifer89:
Fire her jor!!!! which kin fasting is she doing that will prevent her from working? so if she's working in a company as a secretary she will tell her boos that she can't type coz she's fasting? hmmm
Women are their own worst enemies

Can you not see the correlation between energy and physical demands?

It's obvious you didn't bother processing the information as stated hence your illogical comparison

Engage your brain dammit!
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by funkiebully: 6:37am On Jun 20, 2015
Islamic fasting? The one they wake up by 5 am to chop beleful? She got no excuse.

Fire her immediately before u start losing customers
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by menix(m): 6:38am On Jun 20, 2015
Some pple handling this issue with kid gloves re possibly frm Space or Saudi Arabia....

So my if i walk into Unity bank to deposit my money, a staff of unity bank will tell mii he/she is fasting i should go ve my sit, abii wen its time to collect ur salary the acct. department says dey re observing d fasting you should wait for nxt month..

Pple should be rational oooo when excising their medulla....

2 Likes

Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Ahmad4452(m): 6:42am On Jun 20, 2015
D lady is nt ready to work bcus wer i stay in ikotun der is dis industrial company Alibert N IPI cum n see hw ppl are workin der n alot of dem are fastin both male n female especially in Aliberth dey resume 8pm n close 5pm..D only assistance u can do is to reduce her workin tym...
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by kweenkong(f): 6:43am On Jun 20, 2015
at poster did u say Tuesday? then fire her she just being mischievous fasting started on Thursday . if u meant Thursday then maybe she has reduced work hours and be more productive in the mornings. there should be a middle ground.
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Ezenwa11(m): 6:43am On Jun 20, 2015
whirlwind7:
At normal times, how many hours per day does she work?
The best you can do is to reduce the hours she normally put in. If, for instance, she usually works from 10am till 6pm, have her resume by 10, and close by 2 or 3pm. Reduce her workload, but ensure that her duties for the allotted time are clearly mapped out for her.
If she still fails to perform, then she is being mischievous.

I have resided in Islamic countries during ramadan. What the government does is shorten the work time for businesses and companies by 2 or 3 hours during this period. BUT EVERYONE STILL WORK. BUSINESSES AND COMMERCIAL ACTIVITIES DO NOT GRIND TO A HALT BECAUSE OF RAMADAN. People just take it easy because energy level is low.

The ball is in your court, bro. It's your business, and you have to decide how you want it to be run.
even in my place of work here working hours has been reduced. Nobody is forced to fast and there's no single reason why anyone should completely abandon his work because of fasting that is optional.
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by philfrey08: 6:49am On Jun 20, 2015
I work with muslims even Alfas. They are Aluminium fabricators and do strenuous work. They still work from 8-6., fast or no fast.
I have come to understand that if you are fasting and u let d world know you are by your attitude, you r just deceiving yourself.... u better go and eat.

Talk to your employee and let her know her attitude is affecting work. Support her with a little token per day.

1 Like

Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by toprealman: 6:53am On Jun 20, 2015
YOU FAILED TO MENTION WHAT IS GOING ON BETWEEN TWO OF YOU...

1 Like

Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Nobody: 6:54am On Jun 20, 2015
[quote author=acidtalk post=34946339][/quote] aplologies if my second statement went down wrongly. I said what i observed.
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Nobody: 6:55am On Jun 20, 2015
obodundo:
that second paragraph is needless. We don't eat to our neckful and we don't break by 6:00 pm. You have been grossly misinformed!
points noted
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Yinkame123(m): 6:57am On Jun 20, 2015
One this story is laced with lie. As at Tuesday no country in the whole world as started fasting. Fasting started officially on thursday 18th. However, fasting is not an excuse to be lazy at work. If the work load is much for her, she hold you the respect of discussing it with you prior to the commencement of fasting and fashioned a way to ameliorate the low energy she might be experiencing during fasting.
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Nobody: 6:59am On Jun 20, 2015
Sheriff19:
bro just wake up around that time to eat to your neckfull and kwn how smooth it will be. And pls 4get to eat ur food, drink water or chew anyting as u did yesterday for just 7 days continiously and next day u can check ur weight ( and besides we are not fasting because we are buzy, we are fasting because we are commaned to). Well to OP. I kind understand how u fill biZ is biZ, but am short of words. At the same time thou fasting may surely reduce one workout, let her kwn u re not comfortable with her action and since u re the owner of ur biz. But for the past 3 month has she bn d same. If this has bn her atitude u may do has ur mind directed u. But if this is not, u may be a bit considerate ( if she is not fasting but sick for one month wld you have sacked her.)
points noted. In an attempt not to drag this into something else, i'll keep my thoughts. Thanks for the correction,anyway.
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by yomalex(m): 7:00am On Jun 20, 2015
Nedu2000 I see a lot of people have already advised you. When discussing with her PLEASE make sure you record the conversation, discreetly of course it could mean a lot
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by zicoraads: 7:00am On Jun 20, 2015
See Caseless being so gentle with his replies cheesy
Ramadan Kareem.
May Allah accept all your ibadah!
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by respect076(m): 7:06am On Jun 20, 2015
Fasting is nt an excuse since she is duin bot 4 herself, de fasting n de work, she is nt fasting 4 me or u her boss n de work she is duin, she work 2 get pay, de simple logic is dat she is lazy, dnt disturb urself, in diz case she av 3 options 1-she work 4 half Tim n get half payment,2-she go on fasting leave n no payment @all,3- she leave ur work n no return even after fasting n she get fasting bonus.
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by gbenga4my(m): 7:07am On Jun 20, 2015
Day 2 of fasting and she is already acting out ? What if she reaches day 15 guess she wud be sleeping all day @work.
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by msmon(m): 7:21am On Jun 20, 2015
radiokilla:
Was the fasting issue discussed prior to her getting the job? Business is business.
For this fasting period, she should state her possible number of days, then you pay accordingly and get another pair of hand.
You may want to encourage her anyway, that is, if she was the industrious type prior to the fasting.

I'm aware that they eat to their neckful by 5:30am, and break fast by 6:00pm so where is the fasting . Sometimes, like yesterday, i forget to eat when i'm busy with work. I work for myself,anyway.

Hypocrite
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by eyinjuege: 7:21am On Jun 20, 2015
I believe she's just being lazy. The fasting just commenced and day 1 already she's tired. Are there no female bankers, doctors, market women working tirelessly and yet still observing the fast? Will their bosses exempt them from work or they themselves exempt others fasting from their work if they were the bosses? Or maybe she's more religious than them.
If she genuinely cannot cope with fasting and working at the same, let her take her annual leave and you employ someone else for that period till after the fast when she can resume back.
You do have a business to run and if you lose your customers due to poor services and cant pay your workers, she'll be the first to complain.

1 Like

Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by HirstMOG(m): 7:22am On Jun 20, 2015
Tell her to go home when she's through with her fasting she can resume, probably before then you must have gotten her replacement. Na u send her fasting if month end will she say you should not pay her salary cos she was/is fasting

1 Like

Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 20, 2015
nedu2000:
Open a laundry mart 3months ago with just 2 staff members. Despite our owning a big washing machine the laundry man's function is ironing,removing tough stains and operating the machine. The 2nd employee's task is to go deliver those clothes to clients,compliment the laundry man's job of manual removal of tough stains and reception work.

On tuesday evening,on my return for work took a detour to my shop only to see lots of clothes piled up unwashed!!the laundry man was trying frantically to remove the tough stains manually meanwhile the lady just sat down by the reception desk doing nothing!!

When I asked her why she was working or even gone to deliver clothes to clients her reply was...."i'm fasting"
In fury, I simply got my hands dirty and started doing the cleaning and delivery before I headed back home.

Pls NLders how do i deal with this? I feel i'm being "religiously backmailed" How should employers handle muslim employees who are fasting?

Sack, sack, sack, or she will sack your business.
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Nobody: 7:28am On Jun 20, 2015
Caseless:
treat them with care and love. Support them in times they need your support. Dont make it seem it is all about you and your business; put yourself in their shoe.
Since you have found the reason for her being slow in the discharge of her duty to be that she's fasting, just find a way to assist her or get someone to do that just for the month of fasting.
May God bless your business.

thats in ur own experience. but eith experience, I promise you the reverse will never be the case

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Prince Olisa, Arthur Eze’s Son Dedicates First Son (Photos) / The Bricklayer’s Explanation To Oil Price Fall, Naira Devaluation & Everything / Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.