Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help (38690 Views)

"2 Years Ago I Started My Business With N30K But Now.."Nigerian Man Reveals.PICS / See How A Student Can Earn Money Without Affecting His Studies!!! / Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounter In 2016. - I Take A Bow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by badmouf(m): 9:07am On Jun 20, 2015
nedu2000:
Open a laundry mart 3months ago with just 2 staff members. Despite our owning a big washing machine the laundry man's function is ironing,removing tough stains and operating the machine. The 2nd employee's task is to go deliver those clothes to clients,compliment the laundry man's job of manual removal of tough stains and reception work.

On tuesday evening,on my return for work took a detour to my shop only to see lots of clothes piled up unwashed!!the laundry man was trying frantically to remove the tough stains manually meanwhile the lady just sat down by the reception desk doing nothing!!

When I asked her why she was working or even gone to deliver clothes to clients her reply was...."i'm fasting"
In fury, I simply got my hands dirty and started doing the cleaning and delivery before I headed back home.

Pls NLders how do i deal with this? I feel i'm being "religiously backmailed" How should employers handle muslim employees who are fasting?

Business owner you should really be patient and understanding, however her response is a bit harsh but we can always attribute that to her educational training or lack of it.

As indicated by some posters above, energy levels are reduced in this period although some people can perform optimally in this fasting period while.some can not, she happens to fall in the latter category.

I would suggest that you should not look at her as if she were fasting instead as if she was in her last month of her pregnancy cycle. Just because you do not see a heavy tummy at the moment does not mean she can work optimally. Please do try to understand by giving her lesser work or by giving her her standard work earlier in the day and less energy consuming work in the latter part of the day.

I am sure if you wander somewhere in your heart and that genius business owner brain of yours you will find a workable solution along this solution line i proferred. PLS pay the salary in full too. Blessings awaits you as you do so.
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by fretfingers: 9:17am On Jun 20, 2015
Caseless:
treat them with care and love. Support them in times they need your support. Dont make it seem it is all about you and your business; put yourself in their shoe.
Since you have found the reason for her being slow in the discharge of her duty to be that she's fasting, just find a way to assist her or get someone to do that just for the month of fasting.
May God bless your business.

Fasting is not an excuse not to do ur work...just sitting down?.. Tell me if it was her own bizness would she stop or close her biz up pending the time d fasting ends.... Will a bank cashier tell her boss she is fasting so she can work?.... many folks are just using d opportunity to b lazy......

Am not saying she shouldn't rest at all ofcourse, food gives energy n if not taken means less energy. Rather what am saying is its not right to be idle n hide behind d fasting tin...
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by ishaq062(m): 9:18am On Jun 20, 2015
I tink this person is bringing this issue to cause religious commotion .
is he the only person that has a muslim worker?
No.

then
why bringing such issue.please note God Almighty is watching us and we shall be judge by our deed
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by nedu2000(m): 9:19am On Jun 20, 2015
badmouf:

Business owner you should really be patient and understanding, however her response is a bit harsh but we can always attribute that to her educational training or lack of it.

As indicated by some posters above, energy levels are reduced in this period although some people can perform optimally in this fasting period while.some can not, she happens to fall in the latter category.

I would suggest that you should not look at her as if she were fasting instead as if she was in her last month of her pregnancy cycle. Just because you do not see a heavy tummy at the moment does not mean she can work optimally. Please do try to understand by giving her lesser work or by giving her her standard work earlier in the day and less energy consuming work in the latter part of the day.

I am sure if you wander somewhere in your heart and that genius business owner brain of yours you will find a workable solution along this solution line i proferred. PLS pay the salary in full too. Blessings awaits you as you do so.
you've spoken well,but she hasn't even been doing so well prior to the fasting period,thats the painful part,i intend paying her in full but by the end of July she's a goner
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by player007(m): 9:20am On Jun 20, 2015
Caseless:
treat them with care and love. Support them in times they need your support. Dont make it seem it is all about you and your business; put yourself in their shoe.
Since you have found the reason for her being slow in the discharge of her duty to be that she's fasting, just find a way to assist her or get someone to do that just for the month of fasting.
May God bless your business.
Truth be told Africans over do things. The fact that she's fasting dosent mean her work should suffer.
So you mean to tell me that the boss should run into losses simply because a worker is fasting?
If she knows she can't wrk since she's fasting, find a replacement for her then she should come back to work after fasting.

1 Like

Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 20, 2015
chimkaire:
cool cool cool
u know I ain't lying na...
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Nobody: 9:34am On Jun 20, 2015
Business should be business.

Don't mix business with religion.

Fire her ass
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by otiigba1(m): 9:35am On Jun 20, 2015
agarawu23:
just like that? I pray God should open your hrt . and your moniker says Godmode
yes! Just like that! The poor business owner have families to feed and rent perhaps to pay and customers who may go else were if services they pay for is not rendered. Why not shut down the whole country for a month because of fasting?

1 Like

Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Nobody: 9:37am On Jun 20, 2015
idupaul:

You are a criminal

Seconded

1 Like

Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by stello(f): 9:38am On Jun 20, 2015
[quote author=tchiwinnie post=34919790]Fasting shldnt b an excuse for her not to work. Wot if she was working in a bank or a big multinational company? Will she stop work bc she s fasting. Discuss wt her. Tell her this isnt what u bargained for. If she s nt ready to work, relieve her of her duties and employ sm1 else.[/quote

You just spoke my mind. Fasting should not be an excuse for not working, except she is prepared to also forfeit her pay for the month.
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 20, 2015
hilaomo:
u know I ain't lying na...
...yeah, I know. You are right, good morning smiley
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by faridpac3: 9:43am On Jun 20, 2015
[quote author=idupaul post=34946217]
You are a criminal[/this is not good advise ]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by iliasaa(m): 9:49am On Jun 20, 2015
First fasting didn't start on tuesday. Op pls I don't think u are been truthful. Anyways, fasting doesn't mean one should not work or be lazy. But if are saying the truth, just be lenient on her. If u sack her that will not be the end of the world. She will not be the last person to be sacked. If on the other hand u decide to shshow some human feelings ur business will not perish. Na u get ur biz.

1 Like

Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by patostation(m): 9:50am On Jun 20, 2015
Patented:
if she cant work fire her!! fasting is not an excuse for laziness. u r the Boss!!!

You are correct. Afterall, when "fasting", Muslims wake up early and load their belle with food that will last them a whole day! So what stops her from working. Fasting should be a personal thing.
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Caseless: 9:51am On Jun 20, 2015
fretfingers:

Fasting is not an excuse not to do ur work...just sitting down?.. Tell me if it was her own bizness would she stop or close her biz up pending the time d fasting ends.... Will a bank cashier tell her boss she is fasting so she can work?.... many folks are just using d opportunity to b lazy......

Am not saying she shouldn't rest at all ofcourse, food gives energy n if not taken means less energy. Rather what am saying is its not right to be idle n hide behind d fasting tin...

I didn't support her being lazy, and I think see where the op said she's a lazy girl even prior to fasting. All i'm saying is, she needs support at this time.
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Caseless: 9:54am On Jun 20, 2015
darmhey:
trash, she should not work nd expect salary? she should quit d job if she can't do it with fasting, me I can't employ someone for a job, do dat same job myself nd pay d person @ the end of the month, all cos he/she is fasting!
your opinion though.
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by babajero(m): 9:56am On Jun 20, 2015
agarawu23:
just like that? I pray God should open your hrt . and your moniker says Godmode
. God should open his heart to what? Fasting is suppposed to be between you and God and not man, so it is not supposed to be advertised like a national trophy. There is nothing holy nor spiritual about announcing or broadcasting fasting. Not even your neighbour nor your closest friend should know when you are fasting because it is between you and God. Hypocrisy is when you FAST you announce it, you GIVE ARM you announce it, you HELP somebody in need you announce it. These things you don't do it because of man but for God. So your reward await you in heaven not here on earth.
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by lafex: 9:56am On Jun 20, 2015
Caseless:
maybe he meant to say thursday .
if its theursday he would have said yesterday because the story was written on friday. Most the christians here are just here to dpread hatred to the muslims.
Did he tell from the story that her duty is to wash cloth?
Why didn't call the other guy to join him?
He has no business but just to call people's attention
You should expecting more similar fabricated stories soon.

1 Like

Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by babajero(m): 10:06am On Jun 20, 2015
badmouf:

TRASH
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by frisky2good(m): 10:06am On Jun 20, 2015
I am yet to come across any part of the Qur'an or Hadith that says Muslims should not work during Ramadan. It is a time of sacrifice not laziness. It is a time to feel what the less privileged feel every single day of their lives. Some people work hader than her but eat less food. She is acting funny because OP is a Christian and she want's to play the religious persecution card. I am a Muslim and I cannot remember the last time I did not fast during the month of Ramadan and I still do my work. She should at least do some of the work before complaining that she's tired or OP should give her Ramadan leave without pay. Shikena!

1 Like

Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by eagleccentric(m): 10:09am On Jun 20, 2015
If she works in a bank, will fasting stop her from resuming early, attending to customers or even closing late??

Does fasting stop our soldiers fighting BH?

Discipline is a major factor for business success.

If she can't work, better fire the baggar...
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Teejazy(m): 10:12am On Jun 20, 2015
There are different type of fasting in Islam. Ramadan is different from others. It can be announced.
That's by the way, fasting should not be an excuse for laziness.
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Caseless: 10:13am On Jun 20, 2015
Afam4eva:

The worst advice ever. I can't believe you got that much likes for this nonsense you just spewed. The OP should fire her so that she can continue her fasting at home.
I couldn't believe you typed this or this came frm you. You let your sense of bigotry and hate to lead you, hence this comment.
If you had taken your time to read my post and read the part of OP's story i quoted, you'd see that I didn't support laziness or say she cant be fired. All I did was to respond to a question he asked. As for the number of 'Likes', it shows there are more reasonable people who just read comment than those who comment on this forum. I'm unlike you, I don't throw away my conscience just because I want to attract 'likes'. I don't care about 'likes'.
Go back up and read!

1 Like

Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Acidosis(m): 10:14am On Jun 20, 2015
Employees always love to be pampered with diapers. smiley
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Caseless: 10:18am On Jun 20, 2015
akudinaobi:

You can't combine religion with work ,you just have to decipline her but I bet you are over using them for labour please hire more staff
you have a point.
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Caseless: 10:20am On Jun 20, 2015
Muyiwabiggy:

That's nonsense, even Muslims who know better know that what the woman is doing us terribly wrong. You shouldn't allow fasting to do disturb your daily activities and especially your commitment in your workplace. the lady is just using fasting as an excuse for laziness. Pls fire her if she doesn't change and get another person jare
where in my post did I say she should be lazy?
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by hijodedios: 10:24am On Jun 20, 2015
At the end of the month pay her half of her salary an when she asks why,tell her that the other half has gone with her fasting,then watch her run her mouth,,fasting should not and is not an excuse for not doing her work,stop allowing her blackmail you with fasting,what nonsence,if she cant do her job well you look for someone that can do it.
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Caseless: 10:24am On Jun 20, 2015
davidylan:

This should qualify as the dumbest post i have ever read here... why should the employer care about your personal religious obligation? And we wonder why Africa is such a hellhole... try using fasting as an excuse not to perform in an average US company and you'd be on the unemployment line within the hour.
bigot, go back up and read where I responded to a question in the write up, and not mixing religion with anything.
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by petermichaels(m): 10:25am On Jun 20, 2015
Dey should as well say d sun should stand still because dey ar fasting. Christians do severe fast yet life goes on. Nt wen u eat loads at 5am and stil want d world 2 stand still
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by vital: 10:29am On Jun 20, 2015
You guys are just wasting precious time talking rubbish.was she employed to come and fast in the working to deteriorate my business! I can't take it.i will sack her immediately.
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by dominique(f): 10:33am On Jun 20, 2015
Fasting must never be an excuse for not carrying out your responsibilities. Whenever I'm fasting I discharge my duties like other normal days. Even my colleagues tell me I don't act like one who is fasting. The girl is just being lazy and using fasting as an excuse.

Personally for me o, if I sit doing nothing during fasting, time literally crawls and I feel the impact of the fast. But once I'm up and doing, the day will be over before I know it.

@Op. if she's not ready to work, she should vamoose and give someone more deserving the opportunity to earn an income.
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Santi222(m): 10:36am On Jun 20, 2015
Give her a months leave till the fasting is ended... With no pay of course... Get someone else to temporarily replac e her with the understanding that the short appointment would be terminated soon.. By the way I don't recall reading anywhere that one shouldn't work when fasting.. She's mixing it all up. U gotta handle this with an iron hand . ur business is still too new to play games with.. U should even issued her a strong instant warning.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Prince Olisa, Arthur Eze’s Son Dedicates First Son (Photos) / HAMPER! HAMPERS!! HAMPERS!!! (contents And Prices) / The Bricklayer’s Explanation To Oil Price Fall, Naira Devaluation & Everything

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.