Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,520 members, 7,808,897 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

Please Assist Me With My Dell Inspiron 3541 Issue - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Please Assist Me With My Dell Inspiron 3541 Issue (1824 Views)

Need Help With My Dell Laptop: Windows 8.1 / Help Me! My Dell E6500 Is Malfunctioning. / Dell Inspiron 3541 Notebook PC Specs & Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Assist Me With My Dell Inspiron 3541 Issue by Gemc3(f): 10:14am On Jun 19, 2015
Good morning guys

I have a Dell Inspiron 3541. Bought it last October online. When i boot it, I try to put in my password and the keys dont respond. I have to restart before it does.

Now, even when I restart, it doesn't respond. I try "Shift+S". . Nothing. In fact, I may press Shift and another key, and it may respond. But not S. if I press the CAPS button (cos my password has capital letter in it) it doesn't work. When it does, it refuses to change back. Other times, it just doesn't respond. Sometimes, other keys will work except the "S" key. too many issues, just cos i am starting up my laptop.

Once i successfully log on, I have no other issues, even with the keys. The problem is I do have to shut down or hibernate at a point. Getting it to come up again becomes an issue.

I have not had time to take it to a proper engineer. Kindly assist. I cant phantom what exactly its problem is. I know my keyboard is not faulty. what else could be causing this random madness in my laptop?
Re: Please Assist Me With My Dell Inspiron 3541 Issue by CrazyScientist: 10:24am On Jun 19, 2015
Dell Inspiron is shitty angry

Mine is always coming up with one prob or the other too.
Re: Please Assist Me With My Dell Inspiron 3541 Issue by Tolzeal(m): 10:41am On Jun 19, 2015
Gemc3:
Good morning guys

I have a Dell Inspiron 3541. Bought it last October online. When i boot it, I try to put in my password and the keys dont respond. I have to restart before it does.

Now, even when I restart, it doesn't respond. I try "Shift+S". . Nothing. In fact, I may press Shift and another key, and it may respond. But not S. if I press the CAPS button (cos my password has capital letter in it) it doesn't work. When it does, it refuses to change back. Other times, it just doesn't respond. Sometimes, other keys will work except the "S" key. too many issues, just cos i am starting up my laptop.

Once i successfully log on, I have no other issues, even with the keys. The problem is I do have to shut down or hibernate at a point. Getting it to come up again becomes an issue.

I have not had time to take it to a proper engineer. Kindly assist. I cant phantom what exactly its problem is. I know my keyboard is not faulty. what else could be causing this random madness in my laptop?

Make use of on screen keyboard.
You can easily locate at the down left corner .

I think your Keyboard is having a problem and thr most annoying thingy is the prob goes from one button to the other .
Re: Please Assist Me With My Dell Inspiron 3541 Issue by Crieff(m): 10:44am On Jun 19, 2015
You must all be using fake Dells.

I have two inspiron. One is 8 years old... Still working, the other is 3.5 years... Absolutely no problem. Admittedly, it is difficult getting original computer products in Nigeria.
Re: Please Assist Me With My Dell Inspiron 3541 Issue by Gemc3(f): 10:54am On Jun 19, 2015
Tolzeal:

Make use of on screen keyboard.
You can easily locate at the down left corner .

I think your Keyboard is having a problem and thr most annoying thingy is the prob goes from one button to the other .

I dont think i have ever seen that............ all i see is Ease of Acess, the poer button and errmmm. . .somefin else but not the online keyboard. The laptop is quite new cos i barely use it for serious stuff. I fit has keyboard issues, i will really be pissed off.
Re: Please Assist Me With My Dell Inspiron 3541 Issue by Tolzeal(m): 10:56am On Jun 19, 2015
Gemc3:

I dont think i have ever seen that............ all i see is Ease of Acess, the poer button and errmmm. . .somefin else but not the online keyboard. The laptop is quite new cos i barely use it for serious stuff. I fit has keyboard issues, i will really be pissed off.

On screen not online keyboard
what window are you on ?
Re: Please Assist Me With My Dell Inspiron 3541 Issue by Tolzeal(m): 10:58am On Jun 19, 2015
Gemc3:

Most times idle PCs develop less problems.
Re: Please Assist Me With My Dell Inspiron 3541 Issue by Gemc3(f): 11:05am On Jun 19, 2015
Tolzeal:

On screen not online keyboard
what window are you on ?

On screen. Sorry

Windows 8.1

How i am wishing i bought the HP i wanted to buy, instead of Dell.
Re: Please Assist Me With My Dell Inspiron 3541 Issue by Gemc3(f): 11:05am On Jun 19, 2015
Tolzeal:

Most times idle PCs develop less problems.

less problems or more?
Re: Please Assist Me With My Dell Inspiron 3541 Issue by Tolzeal(m): 11:50am On Jun 19, 2015
Gemc3:

On screen. Sorry

Windows 8.1

How i am wishing i bought the HP i wanted to buy, instead of Dell.

Dont blame yourself ma'am.
Gadget life cant be predicted.

This is how to go about it.

Then select ...

That should fix it. Alternatively you can get external keyboard.
Re: Please Assist Me With My Dell Inspiron 3541 Issue by Gemc3(f): 1:58pm On Jun 19, 2015
Tolzeal:

Dont blame yourself ma'am.
Gadget life cant be predicted.

This is how to go about it.

Then select ...

That should fix it. Alternatively you can get external keyboard.

Thanks alot Tolzeal. . . .will do that as soon as I get home.
Re: Please Assist Me With My Dell Inspiron 3541 Issue by BjaySexy(m): 11:26pm On Aug 05, 2015
Faulty keyboard, have it replaced.
Re: Please Assist Me With My Dell Inspiron 3541 Issue by Calbarian(m): 8:03am On Aug 06, 2015
I have a Miniflat near stadium for rent. House was built in 2014. 500k x 1yr. Just in case you have someone that's interested. 08170401637.

Your pardon, please.

(1) (Reply)

Laptop Needed Urgently / Quickbooks Network And Database Security Problem / Abuja - Laptop 13K 15.6" , Packard Bell, Easy Note

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.