Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,387 members, 7,781,110 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:08 AM

Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite - Culture (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite (47227 Views)

Intersting Facts About The Kalabari Ijaws Of Rivers State (PICTURES) / Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. / An Insight Into The Ijaws Of South South Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by okunoba(m): 9:57am On Feb 01, 2010
"until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned" there will be no unity or peace.
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by ChinenyeN(m): 5:18pm On Feb 01, 2010
okunoba:

"until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned" there will be no unity or peace.
Basically, you're saying that we will always be in disunity and unrest.
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by okunoba(m): 6:07pm On Feb 01, 2010
@ChinenyeN, I said until we stop feeling superior or better than each other there will be no peace/unity, that does not equate to never,
It just means this condition as to be met 4 peace and unity to prevail.

"Everyone is calling out 4 peace, but non is calling out 4 justice"
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by ChinenyeN(m): 6:08pm On Feb 01, 2010
But we all know that that'll never happen. We know that that condition will never be met.
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by okunoba(m): 8:22pm On Feb 01, 2010
I am high on hope, nothing stays the same 4 ever.
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by ChinenyeN(m): 8:45pm On Feb 01, 2010
Okay, you're an optimist. That's cool.
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by THEAMAKA(f): 1:35am On Feb 02, 2010
I love ijaw people.
anyone from the ND.
smiley
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by mamagee3(f): 1:40am On Feb 02, 2010
The Igbos have no business with the Ijaws. wink
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by Abagworo(m): 3:27pm On Nov 20, 2010
Who started this thread?Well change is the only permanent thing in this world.Phase one seem to have passed in this Abagworo's suggestion which Ohaneze heeded to but in a wrong manner.Let's hope that the mingling of this sociocultural group in politics actually achieves the most permanent aspect which is social unity.
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by AljUche: 5:36pm On Apr 13, 2011
hmmmm
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by tyrant11: 3:07pm On Apr 14, 2011
CAN YOU GUYS PLEASE GO . Bleep you and Bleep your oil.
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by AndreUweh(m): 10:04pm On Apr 22, 2011
The unity process was begun last year by Ohanaeze and that has resulted in the election of GEJ as Nigeria's president.
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by EzeUche3(m): 4:29am On Apr 24, 2011
This was when Abagworo was a true Igbo lion. I miss that old Abagworo.
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by Abagworo(m): 10:02am On Apr 24, 2011
Abagworo:

Who started this thread?Well change is the only permanent thing in this world.Phase one seems to have passed in this Abagworo's suggestion which Ohaneze heeded to but in a wrong manner.Let's hope that the mingling of this sociocultural group in politics actually achieves the most permanent aspect which is social unity.

@ezeuche.I will always work for interest of my people but I will not partake in lies and deceit.You have in the process of trying to be Igbotic deviated from truth and turned into the same thing you should be fighting against.
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by ChinenyeN(m): 2:18pm On Apr 24, 2011
Maybe it's just me, but Abagworo has remained relatively the same, for as long as I've seen him posting here on NL. Granted, he's become more and more vocal about his non-involvement in the tug-of-war games that some engage in, but apart from that, there's no real change, but like I said, maybe it's just me. .
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by Obiagu1(m): 6:44pm On Apr 24, 2011
EzeUche__:

This was when Abagworo was a true Igbo lion. I miss that old Abagworo.

Abagworo is not Igbo!
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by ChinenyeN(m): 8:03pm On Apr 24, 2011
Obiagu1:

Abagworo is not Igbo!
You're right. He's Oru, and you know the saying. . Oru abughi Igbo. .
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by Obiagu1(m): 8:43pm On Apr 24, 2011
ChinenyeN:

You're right. He's Oru, and you know the saying. . Oru abughi Igbo. .

Having knowledge of the Igbo people will not make him an Igbo. From his name to his utterances, I don't need a soothsayer to tell me he is not an Igbo.
Kobojunkie claimed Igbo, Alh. Harem claimed Igbo too.
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by ChinenyeN(m): 8:46pm On Apr 24, 2011
Yeah, I get it. I get what you're saying. Abagworo isn't Igbo, he's Oru.
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by AndreUweh(m): 9:03pm On Apr 24, 2011
Brothers, respect please.
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by Obiagu1(m): 9:05pm On Apr 24, 2011
ChinenyeN:

Yeah, I get it. I get what you're saying. Abagworo isn't Igbo, he's Oru.

You're not Abagworo or whatever, dickhead!
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by ChinenyeN(m): 9:16pm On Apr 24, 2011
I don't think I said anywhere that I was Abagworo. What's the with hostility nwa Nri?
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by THEAMAKA(f): 9:22pm On Apr 24, 2011
ChinenyeN:

so you've abandoned me? chei!
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by ChinenyeN(m): 9:33pm On Apr 24, 2011
Amaka, abandoned you? What do you mean?
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by THEAMAKA(f): 9:40pm On Apr 24, 2011
ChinenyeN:

Amaka, abandoned you? What do you mean?
we were supposed to be getting married, remember? or is my bride price too high? you cannot afford 2.3 million naira bride price? tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by Abagworo(m): 9:43pm On Apr 24, 2011
Obiagu1:

Having knowledge of the Igbo people will not make him an Igbo. From his name to his utterances, I don't need a soothsayer to tell me he is not an Igbo.
Kobojunkie claimed Igbo, Alh. Harem claimed Igbo too.

Obiagu kedu ife melu afam gosili na obulo afa Igbo?
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by ChinenyeN(m): 12:27am On Apr 25, 2011
THE AMAKA:

we were supposed to be getting married, remember? or is my bride price too high? you cannot afford 2.3 million naira bride price? tongue
aah, you'll have to help me out here on this one. When was all of this? Are you even sure you're not confusing me with someone else sef? haha.
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by THEAMAKA(f): 1:22am On Apr 25, 2011
ChinenyeN:

aah, you'll have to help me out here on this one. When was all of this? Are you even sure you're not confusing me with someone else sef? haha.

I'm kidding sha. but we have to get married, it is our destiny, ordained by God himself. cheesy wink

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by ChinenyeN(m): 4:09am On Apr 25, 2011
THE AMAKA:

I'm kidding sha. but we have to get married, it is our destiny, ordained by God himself. cheesy wink
Na soo? I hope you undastand dat I be Ngwa guy. I hear sometimes families no wan dia daughtaz marry Ngwa. So maybe you should inquire from your umunna. cheesy
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by THEAMAKA(f): 4:11am On Apr 25, 2011
ChinenyeN:

Na soo? I hope you undastand dat I be Ngwa guy. I hear sometimes families no wan dia daughtaz marry Ngwa. So maybe you should inquire from your umunna.  cheesy
lol, true. even my mom has said some nasty things about ngwa and how they make Igbos look bad, but, its whatever, im not into all that stuff.
a guy in my village married an Ngwa lady, and people always talk about her behind her back, always regarding her based on where she comes from and what not undecided
na wa for my people sha.

but when are we setting a date?  grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by ChinenyeN(m): 6:29pm On Apr 25, 2011
hmm. . I guess the sentiment also extends to the sons as well, and not just the daughters. I've always wondered myself why that was the case, but whatever.

THE AMAKA:

but when are we setting a date?  grin cheesy
You're not giving this one up, I see. Well, setting the date, depends. . . are you talking white wedding or trad. marriage? Who are you people by the way? Where in Imo state are you from, again?
Re: Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite by THEAMAKA(f): 12:07am On Apr 26, 2011
ChinenyeN:

hmm. . I guess the sentiment also extends to the sons as well, and not just the daughters. I've always wondered myself why that was the case, but whatever.
You're not giving this one up, I see. Well, setting the date, depends. . . are you talking white wedding or trad. marriage? Who are you people by the way? Where in Imo state are you from, again?
lets just say im from a small LGA in Northern Imo state right in the middle between Orlu and Owerri. traditional marriage of course!  kiss

about the Ngwa lady. his father didn't say "NO! you cannot marry her" but he did try to discourage him and talk him out of it. they met in Lagos, btw. just that the people in the community kinda feel stand off-ish towards her.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

Pregnant Ajoke Badirat Adeyemi Celebrates Her Son's 4th Birthday (Photos) / Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth / Chinese Man, Mike Zhang Crowned A Chief In Kano, Nigerians React (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.