Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,708 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:11 PM

Etisalat Prize For Literature 2015 Application – How To Apply - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Etisalat Prize For Literature 2015 Application – How To Apply (12969 Views)

Etisalat Prize For Literature Announces 2018 Call For Entries / Abubakar Adam Ibrahim Wins The 2016 Nigeria Prize For Literature. / Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Etisalat Prize For Literature 2015 Application – How To Apply by blazincruz(m): 8:06pm On Jun 19, 2015
About Etisalat Price For Literature:
This is to inform the general public that the Etisalat prize for literature has commenced 2015 application. Etisalat is calling for entries for the 2015 Prize for Literature, the third edition of the much celebrated innovative literature prize launched in 2013.

Literature Prize Profile:
The Etisalat Prize for Literature is the first ever pan-African prize celebrating first time writers of published fiction books. The Prize aims to serve as a platform for the discovery of new creative talent out of the continent and invariably promote the burgeoning publishing industry in Africa.

By recognizing and celebrating writers and other members of the literary community across Africa, Etisalat plans to bring some much needed awareness and acclaim to the art of Fiction writing while also applauding and rewarding the efforts of those who have ventured into this genre in recent times.

At the core of Etisalat’s vision is promoting passion, nurturing talent and providing a platform for communicating ideas, The ‘Etisalat Prize for Literature’ wholly embodies this vision, bringing together celebrated high profile writers, book critics and academics from across the Continent and beyond in order to give credence and honor to ‘home-grown’ talent while also rewarding new entrants and encouraging further participation in this area.

Etisalat Prize for Literature Structure:
The Etisalat Prize for Literature celebrates new writers of African citizenship whose first fiction book (over 30,000 words) was published in the last twenty four (24) months.

For the purposes of this definition, first book means first printed production in book form of any type or genre. Authors and their publishers can be based anywhere in
the world.

An online Flash Fiction Prize will be
launched later in the year driven entirely by social media – more information on this will be made available on our website.

The winner of the Etisalat Prize for
Literature receives £15,000, a Samsung Galaxy Note and a Montblanc Meisterstuck.

In line with our vision of promoting
upcoming writers, Etisalat will sponsor a book tour to three African cities.

The winning writer will also embark on the Etisalat Fellowship at the University of East Anglia mentored by Professor Giles Foden(author of The Last King of Scotland) which will include significant opportunities to meet other writers, publishers and most importantly work on their second book.

Shortlisted writers will win a Samsung Galaxy Note and also go on a book tour to two major African cities.

The Etisalat Prize for Literature is unique in that it also aims to promote the publishing industry at large and will therefore purchase 1000 copies of all shortlisted books which will be donated to various schools, book clubs and libraries across the
African continent.

Criteria for Entry;
1. Submissions will only be accepted from publishing houses.

2. All books entered must have a registered ISBN number or equivalent.

3. Entries by new writers published within the last 24 months before submission

4. Entries for fiction books will be submitted by publishers who have published a minimum of six (6) authors.

5. Publisher should have been a registered business (with certificate of incorporationas a publisher) for minimum of four years

6. Each publisher will be allowed to enter a maximum of three (3) books – however books maybe called in by the judges.

7. Each entry will be required to be
accompanied by Seven (7) copies of the book being entered along with acceptance
of publicity terms.

8. The Etisalat Prize for Literature 2015 is not open to employees of any organisation under Emirates Telecommunications Corporation with branded trade name
Etisalat.

How to Apply:
All applications for the prize competition will be accepted via post only.

DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM HERE>>>http://prize.etisalat.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Entry-2015.zip

The application form should be submitted along with seven (7) copies of the submitted books by May to the following address:
Etisalat Prize for Literature
Etisalat Nigeria 6th Floor Building 2, Oriental Office Building 3, Lekki Road, Victoria Island Lagos

2015 CALENDAR:
Call to Entry – 18th June 2015
Entry Deadline – 27th August 2015
Longlist announced – 12th November 2015
Shortlist announced – 12th December 2015
Grand Finale/Winner announced – 13th March 2016
Source:http://campushint.com/2015/06/etisalat-prize-for-literature-2015-application-how-to-apply/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature 2015 Application – How To Apply by destinysaid(m): 10:52pm On Jul 07, 2015
cool then ............... tongue sorry yall, i got the space, for d first time ever, im FTC grin ............... but really now, this will encourage Nigerians to express themselves more through writing, it can be a powerful medium to promote literacy among the nigerian populace. Not for science oriented peeps like me though
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature 2015 Application – How To Apply by Flashh: 10:53pm On Jul 07, 2015
This is good!

4 Likes

Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature 2015 Application – How To Apply by 9jagobetta: 10:53pm On Jul 07, 2015
fine. I am dedicating this page to Christ Jesus the lord of peace and to all Christians. however behold the following:

What is an INFIDEL? KNOWING IT IS TO BELIEVE-IT

This is a true story and the author, Rick Mathes, is a well-known leader in prison ministry.

The man who walks with God always gets to his destination.

If you have a pulse you have a purpose.

The Muslim religion is the fastest
growing religion per capita in the
United States, especially in the
minority races!!

Last month I attended my annual
training session that's required for
maintaining my state prison security clearance.

During the training session there was a presentation by three speakers
representing the Roman Catholic, Protestant and Muslim faiths,
who each explained their beliefs.

I was particularly interested in what the Islamic had to say.
The Muslim gave a great presentation of the basics of Islam, complete with a video.

After the presentations, time was provided for questions and answers.
When it was my turn, I directed my question to the Muslim and asked:

'Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that most Imams and clerics of Islam have declared a holy jihad [Holy war] against the
infidels of the world and, that by killing an infidel, (which is a command to all Muslims) they are assured of a place in heaven.

If that's the case, can you give me the definition of an infidel?'

There was no disagreement with my statements and, without hesitation,
he replied, 'Non-believers!'

I responded, 'So, let me make sure I have this straight. All followers of
Allah have been commanded to kill everyone who is not of your faith so they can have a place in heaven.

Is that correct?'

The expression on his face changed from one of authority and command to that of a little boy who had just been caught with his hand in the cookie jar.'

He sheepishly replied, 'Yes.'

I then stated, 'Well, sir, I have a real problem trying to imagine The Pope commanding all Catholics to kill those of your faith or Dr. Stanley ordering all Protestants to do the same in order to guarantee them a place in heaven!'

The Muslim was speechless!

I continued, 'I also have a problem with being your friend when you and your
brother clerics are telling your followers to kill me! Let me ask you a question:

Would you rather have your Allah, who tells you to kill me in order for you to go to
heaven, or my Jesus who tells me to love you because I am going to heaven and He wants you to be there with me?'

You could have heard a pin drop as the Imam hung his head in shame.

Needless to say, the organizers and/or promoters of the 'Diversification' training seminar were not happy with my way of dealing with the Islamic Imam,
and exposing the truth about the Muslims' beliefs.

In twenty years there will be enough Muslim voters in the U.S. to elect the President!

I think everyone in the WORLD!!! should be required to read this,
but with the ACLU, there is no way this will be widely
publicized, unless each of us sends it on! This is your chance
to make a difference...

Please, for Christ's sake, send it on!

I have just read this and with divine apology, I am sending it on to every number registered on my phone.

4 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature 2015 Application – How To Apply by ladyF(f): 10:53pm On Jul 07, 2015
Nice one!

But if they are trying to copy Nigeria LNG they need to step up! NLNG gives $100,000.

Well they still try sha.

Errmmmm. .....Winner for Nigerian Idols goes home with a car + X million naira + recording contract worth XX naira lol. I laf! grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature 2015 Application – How To Apply by WhatDoYouMean: 10:54pm On Jul 07, 2015
Human Capital Investment. Good one from the United Arab Emirate's owned naija telecoms provider
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature 2015 Application – How To Apply by Jboy5050(m): 10:54pm On Jul 07, 2015
good
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature 2015 Application – How To Apply by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 07, 2015
Interesting
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature 2015 Application – How To Apply by UnknownT: 10:57pm On Jul 07, 2015
oya wey all dem Nairaland Literature writers, make una see award oh

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature 2015 Application – How To Apply by manee2(m): 10:57pm On Jul 07, 2015
Scientist ni mi_ de man afta eistein's heart. #ifOnlyWomenWillAllowME
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature 2015 Application – How To Apply by Beno3: 10:58pm On Jul 07, 2015
Eye service things... :DEye service things...
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature 2015 Application – How To Apply by Oladimejjy(m): 10:59pm On Jul 07, 2015
gud tho
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature 2015 Application – How To Apply by mayorski22(m): 11:00pm On Jul 07, 2015
bravo
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature 2015 Application – How To Apply by steffans(m): 11:00pm On Jul 07, 2015
ok... Good!!!

Intrested in Properties
Check my signature wink
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature 2015 Application – How To Apply by kingstylo01(m): 11:01pm On Jul 07, 2015
This is a brilliant move from etisalat. You don't have to promote music alone, you need to diversify! There are hundreds of young talented Nigerian authors that needs encouragement.

Most authors (especially on nairaland) get discouraged because there's no one out there to motivate them..

2 Likes

Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature 2015 Application – How To Apply by pBuhari(f): 11:02pm On Jul 07, 2015
ok
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature 2015 Application – How To Apply by ShakurM(m): 11:03pm On Jul 07, 2015
My pen n paper, where art thou? cool
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature 2015 Application – How To Apply by 9jagobetta: 11:04pm On Jul 07, 2015
batter things
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature 2015 Application – How To Apply by meshacha1: 11:04pm On Jul 07, 2015
If all companies is doing like this, in a month we will have thousands of youth established.

2 Likes

Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature 2015 Application – How To Apply by mschubby: 11:06pm On Jul 07, 2015
nice one
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature 2015 Application – How To Apply by georjay(m): 11:12pm On Jul 07, 2015
klevjey:
abeg I no Want dis kind thread..gimme d one wey I fit call dullapo him name dullardinh.o

all those kind thread dey sweet me die...

if u think like me, abeg help me press like
heeyah...more frustration

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature 2015 Application – How To Apply by asscb(f): 11:22pm On Jul 07, 2015
Too long cry
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature 2015 Application – How To Apply by Richie0974: 11:27pm On Jul 07, 2015
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature 2015 Application – How To Apply by kingkoboko: 11:28pm On Jul 07, 2015
"The Legend of INDIA VS NIGERIA by King kObOkO" deserves dis prize o! Make una read & judge abeg www.IndiaVsNigeria.com
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature 2015 Application – How To Apply by privatetisa(m): 11:29pm On Jul 07, 2015
ladyF:
Nice one!

But if they are trying to copy Nigeria LNG they need to step up! NLNG gives $100,000.

Well they still try sha.

Are you an author? I mean do you write literature books?

well, they are far far better than the tight-tisted, immorality promoting and noisemaking yello people.
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature 2015 Application – How To Apply by UniqueGem(m): 11:43pm On Jul 07, 2015
You guys again?
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature 2015 Application – How To Apply by UniqueGem(m): 11:46pm On Jul 07, 2015
This guys are pathetic liars, I applied last year before the first deadline they set, but my fiction along all other early applicants fiction wasn't published. Only people who submitted during the extended period got their stories published. The painful part was that when we contacted them on their social media platform(fb &twitter) because their conatact line was always off, instead of them admitting that they lost the initial data and apologise, they kept insisting only submitted stories were published online. SMH for nigeria, Deceit everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature 2015 Application – How To Apply by Pukka36(f): 11:54pm On Jul 07, 2015
IamTobiecheesy
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature 2015 Application – How To Apply by MrBasketball: 12:07am On Jul 08, 2015
klevjey:
abeg I no Want dis kind thread..gimme d one wey I fit call dullapo him name dullardinh.o

all those kind thread dey sweet me die...

if u think like me, abeg help me press like
What is this fool saying?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nora Roberts Replies Accusation Of Plagiarism By Tomi Adeyemi In Style / Where Can I Get Issn & Isbn? / 10 Sites To Get Paid For Writing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.