Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,281 members, 7,780,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:23 PM

Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. (64183 Views)

Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja / Biafra: Igbos Want To Reconolize South-South-waziri Ringim / Breaking News!!! 2 Dead As Rivers Indigenes And Pro Biafra Igbos Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by dinachi(m): 10:59pm On Jun 19, 2015
I feel a deep sense of grief and bewilderment when I read a lot of misguided comments from my Igbo brothers with some calling for a violent secession from Nigeria. Most of the generation of people making these statement never witnessed the civil war. They did not see first hand the horrors of war. They did not experience the terrific impact of bombs or the loud ear splitting sounds of heavy artillery shells as the explode. Should I talk about the economic impact? How our people were reduced to paupers and had to start from the scratch. How beautiful daughters were forcefully torn from the warm embrace of their families and married off to leprous men in the North just to spite our people. Only a mentally deranged and prone to self destruction individual will ever in his life support a violent secession from Nigeria.

Our problem is not secession. Our problem is learning how to live with other tribes in harmony while doing our businesses. Our focus should be on how to build consensus across the nation for vital political interests.

I laugh heartliy when I see some misguided Niger Delta youths like barcanista and co trying to be clever by half by playing to our sense of entitlement. Speaking from both sides of the mouth about how our people are being pushed aside and marginalized.
Yet these are the same people that effectively sabotaged the Biafran struggle under Ojukwu. These are the same people that lead the enemy in through our backyards and betrayed their so called brothers. Now they have started a new song because their brother Jonathan who performed woefully was booted out by majority of Nigerians.

I want us to know sometime that is historical. The moment an attempt is made to secede, the I jaws will immediately turn their backs and negotiate us away to advance their interests. So we will end up alone fighting the whole of Nigeria and loosing again.

When the chips are down, we are always alone.

Another point to consider is that Nigeria has become too intergrated to break up. Almost every family has in laws across their tribe. How will that be handled?

Igbo are the most integrated people in Nigeria with business interests across the six geopolitical zones of Nigeria. Most of our people will become jobless or stay and be killed the moment a secession is declared.

Those who knew the truth will tell you that even inside Biafra there were still serious cases of tribalism and nepotism, even under the revered Ojukwu. That was why ahiara declaration became necessary to tackle these issues.

Finally, we are not ready militarily and would only be engaging in another massive waste of life if we insist on our ways.
So my people do not be deceived! Our best and only bet is to remain as law abiding citizens of Nigeria while doing our best to continue to be relevant in the scheme of things.
Ka Chineke mezie okwu.

290 Likes 42 Shares

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Femolacaster(m): 11:23pm On Jun 19, 2015
Sensible post from sensible Igbo man. Chukwu chekwube gi!

139 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by delishpot: 11:28pm On Jun 19, 2015
Let me see what others will say

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by brize(m): 11:29pm On Jun 19, 2015
How i wish Biafra can just happen peacefully, but the problem of we igbos is that we dont know the stand of our governors and senators and other political personalities, and that is really weaking our trust that we would have showered towards one well known and anoited person......

The problem with Nigeria is they will never listen to your pleas and requests until you do it forcefully and violently, after many years of war, nothing good has been built over here(in terms of FG projects) in the SS/SE how then will you prove that there was no victor and no vanquished?? why will a government claim that it care for a region which has been clamouring for self freedom for years but yet no attention has been given to them, that same region has lowest number of state in this country, why will they be happy?? Why on earth will they feel among??, they have contributed immensely for the success of this country, Nollyword na dem start am, Azikiwe(though he was the one that trapped us here) but was really the front fighter in the colonial era..... Oil and business are mostly from that region, they have accommodated many tribes in their region without fighting anyone(cos they see everyone as important in one way or the other), but are been fought here and there all through other tribes(because they establish and try there possible best to live comfortable anywhere they are) this are tribe who see theirselves as semi-god and its inborn, you cannot do anything about that and that made them see others not worth dinning with......they dont believe in something that does not work or even walk(just like Nigeria is faulty and crippled) They called for self freedom but they are been denied and abandoned......... Why wont they clamour for freedom and hope to be heard........... I pray that this freedom will be gotten freely and peacefully.......... AMEN

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jun 19, 2015
dinachi:
I feel a deep sense of grief and bewilderment when I read a lot of misguided comments from my Igbo brothers with some calling for a violent secession from Nigeria. Most of the generation of people making these statement never witnessed the civil war. They did not see first hand the horrors of war. They did not experience the terrific impact of bombs or the loud ear splitting sounds of heavy artillery shells as the explode. Should I talk about the economic impact? How our people were reduced to paupers and had to start from the scratch. How beautiful daughters were forcefully torn from the warm embrace of their families and married off to leprous men in the North just to spite our people. Only a mentally deranged and prone to self destruction individual will ever in his life support a violent secession from Nigeria.

Our problem is not secession. Our problem is learning how to live with other tribes in harmony while doing our businesses. Our focus should be on how to build consensus across the nation for vital political interests.

I laugh heartliy when I see some misguided Niger Delta youths like barcanista and co trying to be clever by half by playing to our sense of entitlement. Speaking from both sides of the mouth about how our people are being pushed aside and marginalized.
Yet these are the same people that effectively sabotaged the Biafran struggle under Ojukwu. These are the same people that lead the enemy in through our backyards and betrayed their so called brothers. Now they have started a new song because their brother Jonathan who performed woefully was booted out by majority of Nigerians.

I want us to know sometime that is historical. The moment an attempt is made to secede, the I jaws will immediately turn their backs and negotiate us away to advance their interests. So we will end up alone fighting the whole of Nigeria and loosing again.

Another point to consider is that Nigeria has become too intergrated to break up. Almost every family has in laws across their tribe. How will that be handled?

Igbo are the most integrated people in Nigeria with business interests across the six geopolitical zones of Nigeria. Most of our people will become jobless or stay and be killed the moment a secession is declared.

Those who knew the truth will tell you that even inside Biafra there were still serious cases of tribalism and nepotism, even under the revered Ojukwu. That was why ahiara declaration became necessary to tackle these issues.

Finally, we are not ready militarily and would only be engaging in another massive waste of life if we insist on our ways.
So my people do not be deceived! Our best and only bet is to remain as law abiding citizens of Nigeria while doing our best to continue to be relevant in the scheme of things.
Ka Chineke mezie okwu.
A nation only grows faster when people with similar goals and culture inhabit it an igbo has nothing in common with a yoruba or hausa. The best thing for nigeria is to split it was a creation of the British and is not benefitting anyone.

116 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jun 19, 2015
Uhmm...If the OP is truly an igbo man, then i must say I respect his view and the facts he mentioned above.

BiAfra has never meant anything to me and it never will, if they want to go and drink the oil alone that's good for them. fools pretend as if they don't know their uncles and sisters are amongst those looting the oil money through the government.

Those shouting BiAfra are the ones that barely have anything, the rich ibo folks that knows the worth of his property in Western region won't even think of something very stupid as seceding

If you like quote me, You can't delete my input.

126 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Biafra1000: 11:32pm On Jun 19, 2015
dinachi:

Ka Chineke mezie okwu.

Rubbish post from a paid igbo man

I am BIAFRA,

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by HiGod: 11:37pm On Jun 19, 2015
God ll bless you.

What a smart dude!!!!

You nailed bro, well done.

Igbos should learn how to respect and live with others in peace. Nobody on earth will tolerate disrespectful attitude of Igbos in their community or country.

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by nerodenero: 11:50pm On Jun 19, 2015
Interesting and insightful. Only the unbiased would agree with the OP. Till date, the world is still paying for peace to reign.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Rose2014: 11:55pm On Jun 19, 2015
tensazangetsu:
A nation only grows faster when people with similar goals and culture inhabit it an igbo has nothing in common with a yoruba or hausa. The best thing for nigeria is to split it was a creation of the British and is not benefitting anyone.
Gbam. That's what I call 'point blank'

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by dinachi(m): 11:56pm On Jun 19, 2015
tensazangetsu:
We are more educated and well exposed than in 1914 when the amalgamation happened. So you have never heard about unity in diversity? The British left since the sixties and we are still going strong as a united nation. The most important lesson is understanding our differences and doing everything within our power to minimize it.
And do you think even if we split along ethnic lines, the Igbo man from Anambra will not love to lord it over and above his brother from Ebony I and vice versa. Or the Yoruba man from Osun will not like to overtake the man from Ogun?
It is about individuals!
Following your argument why should an Igbo man marrry a Yoruba Lady, then? Do they have similar cultures? Or why should an idoma lady marry a Fulani man?
It is very simple! Know your differences and minimize it. Each tribe and ethnic group in Nigeria has something positive to contribute if given the chance.

97 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jun 19, 2015
dinachi:

We are more educated and well exposed than in 1914 when the amalgamation happened. So you have never heard about unity in diversity? The British left since the sixties and we are still going strong as a united nation. The most important lesson is understanding our differences and doing everything within our power to minimize it.
And do you think even if we split along ethnic lines, the Igbo man from Anambra will not love to lord it over and above his brother from Ebony I and vice versa. Or the Yoruba man from Osun will not like to overtake the man from Ogun?
It is about individuals!
Following your argument why should an Igbo man marrry a Yoruba Lady, then? Do they have similar cultures? Or why should an idoma lady marry a Fulani man?
It is very simple! Know your differences and minimize it. Each tribe and ethnic group in Nigeria has something positive to contribute if given the chance.
lol how many igbo men have you met that are married to yoruba women or fulani women the few that do that are fools and don't know their history. The British never left nigeria they still control this country with neocolonialism and lastly in an igbo republic merit will reign over everything else no one cares if you are from asaba or aba.

43 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by dinachi(m): 12:07am On Jun 20, 2015
Biafra1000:

Rubbish post from a paid igbo man
I am BIAFRA,
For whatever it is worth, do not reduce the sacred sacrifice of men and women who fought and died for Biafra in the sixties to mockery .
It is people like you that make others look down on our heritage. Be properly guided.

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by dinachi(m): 12:10am On Jun 20, 2015
tensazangetsu:
lol how many igbo men have you met that are married to yoruba women or fulani women the few that do that are fools and don't know their history. The British never left nigeria they still control this country with neocolonialism and lastly in an igbo republic merit will reign over everything else no one cares if you are from asaba or aba.
Does it matter the number of cross cultural marriage for you to understand that diversity is actually a blessing in disguise.

29 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Princewill1(m): 12:11am On Jun 20, 2015
RUBBISH TALK!!

Biafrans are not cowards,today's generation of Biarans are more stubborn than their fathers;nothing will deter them from fighting for their freedom.

OP have you heared that there will be a mass DNA test in biafraland when biafra comes,once you fail it;you will be sent to sokoto or osogbo to search for ur father.

76 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by brize(m): 12:12am On Jun 20, 2015
mistypiper:
Uhmm...If the OP is truly an igbo man, then i must say I respect his view and the facts he mentioned above.

BiAfra has never meant anything to me and it never will, if they want to go and drink the oil alone that's good for them. fools pretend as if they don't know their uncles and sisters are amongst those looting the oil money through the government.

Those shouting BiAfra are the ones that barely have anything, the rich ibo folks that knows the worth of his property in Western region won't even think of something very stupid as seceding

If you like quote me, You can't delete my input.
rich folks?? So do you think that when Biafra comes then all Igbo(biafran) properties/investment in other region will be called abandoned property?? Or dont people have properties in other countries??

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by dinachi(m): 12:16am On Jun 20, 2015
Princewill1:
RUBBISH TALK!!
Biafrans are not cowards,today's generation of Biarans are more stubborn than their fathers;nothing will deter them from fighting for freedom.
OP have you heared that there will be a mass DNA test in biafraland,once you fail it;you will be sent to sokoto or osogbo.
Una never even start! During Ojukwus time, people were actually demonstrating on the streets begging Ojukwu to give them guns to fight. Fast forward 30 months later, these same people threw down their bullet less Dane guns and double barreled guns with a few bolt action rifles to beg for mercy!

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Nobody: 12:25am On Jun 20, 2015
dinachi:

Does it matter the number of cross cultural marriage for you to understand that diversity is actually a blessing in disguise.
No it isnt one of the reasons why africa is backward is because of diversity they Europeans partitioned africa to suit them. Have you ever thought that if maybe the Europeans never came hausas across West africa wouldn't have had their country. Yorubas across West africa wouldn't have had their own country. There's no unity in diversity

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by dinachi(m): 12:40am On Jun 20, 2015
Princewill1:
Guy go and read your history books.
I have!

Princewill1:

They lost the war because of lack of arms and ammunitions.
Do they have the arms and ammunition now?

Princewill1:

This time around we are ready,this is not 1967;today's biafrans are more brutal than their fathers
Yes they are indeed much more brutal than their fathers. They' brutally' hide behind keyboards to type on nairaland.

143 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by dinachi(m): 12:42am On Jun 20, 2015
new2020:
They are now running scared and confused since the Biafra agitation has gained momentum. SS also support Biafra so you...I'm one of them!
Where did it gain momentum? Only in your imagination!

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Scholes007(m): 12:44am On Jun 20, 2015
dinachi:

Una never even start! During Ojukwus time, people were actually demonstrating on the streets begging Ojukwu to give them guns to fight. Fast forward 30 months later, these same people threw down their bullet less Dane guns and double barreled guns with a few bolt action rifles to beg for mercy!
mind you there was never a time they dropped their weapon some killed theirselves just because they don't want to be called Nigerian...

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Dollyak(f): 12:46am On Jun 20, 2015
Dinachi you are a really wise man. Spot on with your views.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by carnegiefan: 12:47am On Jun 20, 2015
dinachi:

I actually thought that you were Igbo until you made this moronic comment. Apparently you think that Igbos of today will be confined to fighting with den gun and double barrel guns. Wake up dude. This is 2015, and Boko Haram is fighting with anti aircraft guns mounted on pick up trucks.
I understand if you were born by an Hausa or Yoruba because frankly that is how you sounded when you emphasized the fact that Nigerians have inter-married (as if we don't marry even white folks), but please don't play on the intelligence of full blooded Igbo men.
Enjoy your one Nigeria until we establish Biafra.
BTW make sure you don't fail that DNA test! cheesy

74 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by carnegiefan: 12:52am On Jun 20, 2015
dinachi:

The hyperbolic lie that gave you away.
I have never in my life met an Igbo man married to a Yoruba or Hausa woman. I didn't say that they don't exist, but they are so minute that they are statistically insignificant.
There are some few Igbo women that marry those people, but then their kids are NOT Igbo. cool

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by cocoduck: 4:41am On Jun 20, 2015
carnegiefan:

The hyperbolic lie that gave you away.
I have never in my life met an Igbo man married to a Yoruba or Hausa woman. I didn't say that they don't exist, but they are so minute that they are statistically insignificant.
There are some few Igbo women that marry those people, but then their kids are NOT Igbo. cool
thank you jare

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by kettykings: 4:50am On Jun 20, 2015
Dinachi please go ahead and tell boko haram that, when did biafra become such a threat that it becomes advisable to advise biafra and leave bokoharam.

If Nigeria is too integrated then what would you say of soviet union. Biafra suffered crushing defeat in the hands of soviet union and Britain and Egypt ,nigeria alone could not do much.

My advice really is not for break up though but igbos need to be smarter and mor intelligent particularly when dealing with their vultures neighbour.

24 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Babatunde Fashola Resumes Work As A Minister See Photos / EndSARS: Protesters Storm Abeokuta With Charms (Photos) / Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi Confirmed As A Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.