Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,803 members, 7,806,241 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

Men Spend More Time Gossiping Than Women –study - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Men Spend More Time Gossiping Than Women –study (1359 Views)

Why Men Live Shorter Life's Than Women Pic's Included / Spend More Time With Your Family. / Men Spend More Time Gossping Than Women - Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Spend More Time Gossiping Than Women –study by wealthyprince(m): 5:10am On Jun 20, 2015
Don’t tell anyone I told you this, and remember it’s just between you and me. If anyone finds out, you are
on your own,’ such is usually the intro or the concluding part of a gossip.

Men call it ‘mere discussion’ while women call it ‘gist’, but regardless of the colouration people try to
give it, it is called gossip, defined simply as an idle talk between two or more persons, and usually about
the affairs of others. It can also be defined as a casual conversation about other people, typically
involving their private lives and usually sweet to the hearing.Women used to be seen as gossiping and spreading rumours but experts say men seem to be better gossip.

According to a study conducted by a global research company, Onepoll, men are not just the bigger
gossips, they spend more time gossiping than women. The story says men are more likely to expose the
dirt about other people than women.

The study conducted by a global research company, Onepoll, found that men are happier when gossiping
with their colleagues and that their contribution to the ‘chat’ gives them a feel of belonging. The findings
of the study were published on Telegraph Online.

In the course of the study in which 5,000 people participated, it was found that men spend an average of
76 minutes gossiping with their friends while women spend just 52 minutes.
The study also found that while men prefer to exchange gossip in the office, mostly with their colleagues
at work, women prefer to ‘confide in their friends’ while at home.

Male participants in the study pointed out that topics that usually dominate their ‘discussion’ with their
male colleagues or friends include women, female colleagues at work, especially the most attractive
ones, salaries and their sexual relationships, while the female participants said they were usually
interested in other women, family issues, in-laws and celebrities.

While one third of the male participants said they were usually in their happiest mood when gossiping
with their colleagues, 58 per cent said gossiping gave them a sense of belonging while 31 per cent of
the men said they preferred chatting with their partners to having sexual relationship.

A spokesperson for the company said, “It is commonly believed that women are the ones who love to
spread rumours and gossip about their friends behind their backs, but this poll proves that men aren’t as
bad as women, they are worse!

http://www.punchng.com/entertainment/saturday-breeze/men-spend-more-time-gossiping-than-women-study/

Do you agree with this study? because am wondering how men can be worse gossipers!
Re: Men Spend More Time Gossiping Than Women –study by 3ace(m): 5:18am On Jun 20, 2015
Another controversial research.

1 Like

Re: Men Spend More Time Gossiping Than Women –study by delishpot: 5:38am On Jun 20, 2015
Who doesnt know this fact? grin grin
Re: Men Spend More Time Gossiping Than Women –study by Nobody: 6:59am On Jun 20, 2015
We all knew
Re: Men Spend More Time Gossiping Than Women –study by tpiadotcom: 7:16am On Jun 20, 2015
its hard to know who gossips more.
Re: Men Spend More Time Gossiping Than Women –study by ELYMAXiimus(m): 9:22am On Jun 20, 2015
you can't say for sure, who the worse gossips are!
All the study they did is crap!

1 Like

Re: Men Spend More Time Gossiping Than Women –study by wealthyprince(m): 6:45pm On Jun 20, 2015
barrnchedo:
We all knew

Me I don't know o. I believe that women gossip more but if men take their place then na serious matter.
Re: Men Spend More Time Gossiping Than Women –study by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 20, 2015
wealthyprince:

Me I don't know o. I believe that women gossip more but if men take their place then na serious matter.
as am making my hair now the male stylists are busy gossiping while the ladies are very busy.
Re: Men Spend More Time Gossiping Than Women –study by wealthyprince(m): 6:48pm On Jun 20, 2015
delishpot:
Who doesnt know this fact? grin grin

so many people don't know, they believe that women gossip more!

(1) (Reply)

Ugliest Man Gave Birth To 9th Child.. / How Do I Contact A Moderator On Nairaland / Read Kemi Adeosun’s Big Idea On How FAAC Should Be Spent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.