Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,391 members, 7,808,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

My Story About Dating A Broke Guy; Is It Worth It? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Story About Dating A Broke Guy; Is It Worth It? (1278 Views)

What's Your Definition Of A Broke Guy Or Lady? / Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich / Dating A Broke Guy (my Experience): Is It Worth It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Story About Dating A Broke Guy; Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 20, 2015
The story is not mine, i saw it and thought it will be nice to share it.

[b]I Just don't know why broke guys wants to have
a girlfriend too, before you start complaning let
me quickly tell you am actually dating one shocked

Guys jump into conclusion that girls don't want
to date a broke guy simply because he has
nothing to offer financially, but this is not true in
all cases, a girl that loves you sees you in her
future like her husband. She wants the best for
you cos she sees you in her future, a girl can date
a broke guy but no girl will intentionally marry a
broke man.

I love my broke boyfriend because firstly am not
dating him for financial reason and 2ndly because I
see a bright future in him, but one thing remain, I
can't marry him if he continues being broke.

I have stopped condemning girls that doesn't
settle for less, there are so many disadvantages
of dating a broke guy namely:

*talk about a boring relationship; when your
female friends are going places with their rich bf,
you are just there lying on his bed staring at each
other's faces in his heated room.

*your friends will not respect him ; by the time
your female friends get to know about his
brokeness the respect will just not be there
anymore, girls love each other and they want the
best for each other.

*he will always disgrace you; yes! This is most
annoying, a little amount of money will cause
fight between you two, imagine asking your broke
boyfriend to at least present himself in a wealthy
way to impress your female friends by buying
provision or something for them will make him
tear you apart.

*he commands too much respect; this is funny,
even rich guys that can afford to buy expensive
things for their woman doesn't command as
much as him, I guess this is done so you won't
disregard him.

*he will naturally look stingy to you ; imagine
asking your broke boyfriend to help you with
#500 when he himself already has a plan for the
only #1000 left with him, this is ridiculous because
by the time he decides to impress you with 2000#
you won't just be feeling him anymore.

This is just a few of what I can remember now,
guys should note that their being financially okay
brings a kind of hapiness to their girlfriend/fiancé
not only because of what they will enjoy from you
but because they see their dream being fufilled
through you, you live in the best house, drive the
best car and all tell me if ur partner won't be
proud to show you off.

I love my baby very much but as little as 100#
can cause a misunderstanding btw us. God knows
the kind of joy that will fill my heart the day he
will be financially ok.

'it takes a real woman to date a broke guy and
help him fufil his dream'

All this is written from the sadness of my heart.
I guess some guys don't understand me, I am
only asking the guys to be rich for their own
good not because of a leech girlfriend/fiance.

Nigerian men are quick to insult any girl that
comes here to talk about money in a relationship.
I am not after my Boyfriend's money or anything,
his happiness is mine also and I know he will be
happy by the time he is financially ok to cater for
all his own needs and beyond.

If you become financially successful it is your
name that will be known not your wife's name
talkless of a girlfriend, that is why I used Dangote
and ADenuga as example ...how often do you
guys hear of Mrs dangote or Mrs adenuga? Is it
as often as both men? NO! And in case the
woman is as sucessful as the likes of omotola
jalade, ngozi iweala their man is as successful as
them.[/b]

http://www.kinwap.com/forum2_theme_110886866.xhtml?tema=392

open the link below to see a funny pic abt ex president Jonathan

https://www.nairaland.com/2391522/one-seen-funny-pic-abt
Re: My Story About Dating A Broke Guy; Is It Worth It? by dharay99: 10:32am On Jun 20, 2015
will cum baq 2read ur long bible
afta taking my brk fst.

Next thread cry
Re: My Story About Dating A Broke Guy; Is It Worth It? by SuperSuave(m): 10:34am On Jun 20, 2015
Re: My Story About Dating A Broke Guy; Is It Worth It? by prestige2013: 10:38am On Jun 20, 2015
Deep breath.....
Get a job too and assist him, Iron sharpens iron.
He may not be rich today but he must have Potentials, Prospects and be able to build his future to the posh side of life.

Why try to impress other? Be proud of who you are.

2 Likes

Re: My Story About Dating A Broke Guy; Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 20, 2015
the part that took me off is 'It Takes A Real Woman To Date A Broke Guy'

cool dear...its just the fact.

1 Like

Re: My Story About Dating A Broke Guy; Is It Worth It? by Lobolintin(m): 10:41am On Jun 20, 2015
Ask those your friends what they are suffering in secret with their so called rich boyfriends . oloshi Omo olosho

1 Like

Re: My Story About Dating A Broke Guy; Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 10:45am On Jun 20, 2015
Lobolintin:
Ask those your friends what they are suffering in secret with their so called rich boyfriends . oloshi Omo olosho
suffering in secret as how?

they are giving you piece of advice now, you are insulting.

SMH @ mentality.

1 Like

Re: My Story About Dating A Broke Guy; Is It Worth It? by Dinnyuy(m): 10:46am On Jun 20, 2015
you r right, That's the reality of life that we need to know!
Re: My Story About Dating A Broke Guy; Is It Worth It? by jonaifame22(m): 10:50am On Jun 20, 2015
Talk to God abt him not man,next thread pls
Re: My Story About Dating A Broke Guy; Is It Worth It? by elantraceey(f): 11:02am On Jun 20, 2015
First I'm not dating anyone to impress anyone so that's out of it but from experience most broke guys are ungrateful and unappreciative. I can't get married to a broke man , what did you do with your youth ?
Re: My Story About Dating A Broke Guy; Is It Worth It? by jascon1(m): 11:21am On Jun 20, 2015
Midehi:
the part that took me off is 'It Takes A Real Woman To Date A Broke Guy'

cool dear...its just the fact.
me too. The reality is in those words. I understand, when a man is broke, but completely broke It will take an empress of love to hang on. The sad truth is that as soon as some men begin to find the success, they jilt the women who stood there for them when they were nothing.
Tho, as real as it may seem, ladies never bring ur men for ur girls to ridicule regardless of his financial state. Draw the lines between friends and your men. Be proud of ur men even if he can buy ur girls drinks. Learn to be honest with ur girls so they have no expectations while visiting. And since u made the choice to stay with him, u need to be stronger than u were mentally n physically. Complement him by achieving ur own.

1 Like

Re: My Story About Dating A Broke Guy; Is It Worth It? by kullozone(m): 11:25am On Jun 20, 2015
yea!true that...
I don't know which is worse tho,a broke guy or a broke lady
Re: My Story About Dating A Broke Guy; Is It Worth It? by imoh4king(m): 11:31am On Jun 20, 2015
dharay99:
will cum baq 2read ur long bible
afta taking my brk fst.

Next thread cry

I guess u can't hide this ur lazy attitude towards reading at ur old age.
Re: My Story About Dating A Broke Guy; Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 20, 2015
Are there still broke guys?
Re: My Story About Dating A Broke Guy; Is It Worth It? by swimcash(m): 11:49am On Jun 20, 2015
dats y its necessary u mk ur own money n stop bein a liability. real women dnt demands 4 money frm guys, little girls do.............abi una no knw d population of women 4 9ja, park well jor
Re: My Story About Dating A Broke Guy; Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 11:50am On Jun 20, 2015
jascon1:
me too. The reality is in those words. I understand, when a man is broke, but completely broke It will take an empress of love to hang on. The sad truth is that as soon as some men begin to find the success, they jilt the women who stood there for them when they were nothing.
Tho, as real as it may seem, ladies never bring ur men for ur girls to ridicule regardless of his financial state. Draw the lines between friends and your men. Be proud of ur men even if he can buy ur girls drinks. Learn to be honest with ur girls so they have no expectations while visiting. And since u made the choice to stay with him, u need to be stronger than u were mentally n physically. Complement him by achieving ur own.
well said..thanks for that.

1 Like

Re: My Story About Dating A Broke Guy; Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 20, 2015
I think I have had enough of this thread!!
It is so true, she isn't clamoring for the guy to become rich cos of her but cos of himself.
The sad truth is broke guys are frustrated and most times transfer their aggression on their gfs, which isn't supposed to be so.
When there is so much frustration in a relationship, that relationship cannot work
Re: My Story About Dating A Broke Guy; Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jun 20, 2015
swimcash:
dats y its necessary u mk ur own money n stop bein a liability. real women dnt demands 4 money frm guys, little girls do.............abi una no knw d population of women 4 9ja, park well jor

if a girl becomes richer than her bf it becomes another troble

(1) (Reply)

Check Out This Picture Of When Love Was Love / Girls~ What Is The Big Deal In It? / People That Tell Their Friends About Who They Have Used Or Slept With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.