Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:22 AM

How To Verify Your Vehicle Insurance - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Verify Your Vehicle Insurance (4704 Views)

Customs Provides Code For Vehicle Owners To Verify Their Customs Papers / What Is The Purpose Of The Vehicle Insurance Fees Imposed By The Government? / Misuse Of Power By Some Vehicle Insurance Officers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Verify Your Vehicle Insurance by sCross: 2:16pm On Jun 20, 2015
According to sources, about 60% of ALL motor insurance certificates are fake.

NAICOM (National Insurance Commission) and NIA (Nigeria Insurer's Association) have decided to curb this by creating an online platform NIID (Nigerian Insurance Industry Database) for verifying your motor insurance. ALL genuine policies are uploaded on the database.

You can check by going to www.askniid.org/checkpolicy/aspx. Select single from the options. Input your CAR REGISTRATION NUMBER into the field

If it doesn't display corresponding info, it means your insurance certificate is fake and you can't make a claim if anything were to happen to you or your car. Furthermore, the authorities could impound your vehicle.

If you'd like to purchase a genuine certificate, contact me.
Re: How To Verify Your Vehicle Insurance by eghuan1(m): 2:55pm On Jun 20, 2015
checked mine and it says "expired" even though my papers say expiring date is September 2015. wahala de o. those guys at revenue board don do me abi?
Re: How To Verify Your Vehicle Insurance by sCross: 3:32pm On Jun 20, 2015
eghuan1:
checked mine and it says "expired" even though my papers say expiring date is September 2015. wahala de o. those guys at revenue board don do me abi?

Sadly yes. what did you purchase and at how much?
Re: How To Verify Your Vehicle Insurance by eghuan1(m): 12:08pm On Jun 21, 2015
sCross:

Sadly yes. what did you purchase and at how much?

its a third party insurance from Oasis insurance company in Anthony Lagos, though am in Benin.

I checked my uncle's car and it says active
when I checked my brother in-law's car its says you do not have an insurance cover

me I de wait the police that will stop me on the road, im life go collect
Re: How To Verify Your Vehicle Insurance by sCross: 4:13pm On Jun 21, 2015
eghuan1:

its a third party insurance from Oasis insurance company in Anthony Lagos, though am in Benin.

I checked my uncle's car and it says active
when I checked my brother in-law's car its says you do not have an insurance cover

me I de wait the police that will stop me on the road, im life go collect

Your brother in law's cert is also fake or non existent.

An original genuine 3rd party is 5k and you can do it yourself and get your certificate immediately thanks to technology. With a genuine 3rd party, the insurance coy covers any damage done to another person or car up to 1M.
Re: How To Verify Your Vehicle Insurance by CompareGuru: 1:39pm On Sep 25, 2015
I think the biggest problem with insurance in Nigeria is that we as customers don't know that much about insurance and as a result we make insurance decisions based on the words of an insurance broker. While speaking to a expert in the field is obviously the right thing to do. You cant be completely sure this insurance salesperson is providing you a product that is in your best interest.

If for example you are in the market for a [url={http://compareguru.ng/insurance/car-insurance}]{car insurance}[/url] package, use the internet to do your own research and/or find a comparison websites that will compare car insurance packages from different insurance companies.
Re: How To Verify Your Vehicle Insurance by baugustine(f): 12:31am On Sep 25, 2018
make your life comfortable with no worries at consolidated hallmark ins plc remember to insure is to ensure call 08106246463 for more info
Re: How To Verify Your Vehicle Insurance by rottenPussy: 8:50am On Sep 25, 2018
Informative. I just verified mine. It shows 1year validity, which tally with was I was given.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Which Is Actually Better Btwn American Spec, British And The Rest? / Which Car Am I Supposed To Choose? / Cars I Saw On The Road Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.